[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else play this? Why are there not more games like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 10
File: GunZ-The-Duel-1.jpg (121 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
GunZ-The-Duel-1.jpg
121 KB, 1024x768
Did anyone else play this? Why are there not more games like this?
>>
Lots of people played it
It wasn't really that great

GunZ 2 exists but is trash
>>
>>334663712
I played this shit in like grade 3 homie it was awesome, also played War Rock. good times I haven't played that game in over 10 years
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (158 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
158 KB, 1920x1080
>>334664003
Gladiator was the best part of GunZ. I would kill to find a decent skill based game similar
>>
S4 League. It's also dead, though.
I do wonder as well why there's no other CURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYZY online TPS like it but with good netcode and less brs.
>>334664363
Attack and Defense and Arena were pretty based. I miss when online communities actually set their own rules to have more fun. These days there's too many trolls online.
>>
>>334664824
The way people would use the starting weapons and not stack rings, and bow before fighting were my favorite part of battle arena. I've never seen a game with such manner
>>
I loved when butterflyfags complained about my double shotguns.
>>
>>334665412
>implying
I used the Gunslinger set or something, on top of the premium med kits. Gotta take any advantage you can get.
That said, they kept pushing more and more OP sets. In particular I remember one Vakyrie set or something. The ijji servers peaked early, about 2007-08.
>>
This game was pretty damn awesome.

Too bad the low level games were constantly swarmed with hackers.
>>
>>334663712
Has there ever been a game with a higher skill ceiling?
>>
>>334666032
Whenever I play I still only use lightweight sword without rings. Lag is the biggest problem
>>
>>334666701
Play where? The original servers closed a few years back.
>>
>>334667137
UniverseGamers was the largest for awhile, they closed and reopened and now is dead. I play on Arctic if I ever feel like playing. It is pretty shit but once in awhile you meet another old player to 1v1. Freestyle GunZ is a secondary choice
>>
Played both games. Failed to learn more advanced techniques in 1 due to me breaking the keyboard trying to get JSD down but it was a fun romp.

The second game had simpler movement but had some nice things. I quit when the devs neutered the fuck out of Max/Shieldbro and left the sniper untouched.

>>334665693

Double Shotguns were the shit, man. If poorfag then sometimes Double Revolver also worked for me somehow.

>>334666073

The ones with the machinegun grenade launchers and the dragonball-esque stun slash spam was retarded
>>
>kill k-style fags by shotting at them
>"omg fucking noob sprayer stop it"
>those dagger fags who would stun you and then shoot while you were on the ground
>when you did the quest mode and the whole team dies and you manage to pass the level with almost no ammo left
>bying your first trenchcoat and gunning people down while wallrunning like an edglord
I had some good times with this game. I admit it wasn't he best game ever. It's a shame the sequel is shit
>>
>>334663712
>Start playing game with friends
>One time I'm playing on my own to train
>Some person (probably a BR) in the orange suit is wrecking people with dual revolver
>End up befriending him and he teaches me the ways of the headshot
>Eventually he stops logging on

God bless you whoever you were. My only regret is that I eventually stopped playing and let my headshotting get rusty.

Also:
>Start a new round
>Some hacking fuck with rocket machinegun starts griefing
>Tfw beating his ass down and winning regardless

Felt so good.
>>
>>334663712
K-Style contributed to the death of this game
>>
>>334667806

Daggerfagging was fun shit and was more fun than seeing k-style tryhards.

Also Glide Dancing is the shit.
>>
>>334667806
>implying this happened
Sprayers can't do shit against k-stylers.
D-stylers with dual revolvers were interesting with the super long dagger glitch, but still not as good.
>>
>>334663712
I started when it was full of koreans doing some serious matrix shit
>>
>>334664363
Chivalry Medieval Warfare is a close fix, not nearly as fun
>>
I do wish there was more stylish games like this and S4. But they all seem to be riddled with problems like balance, glitches and hacking.

Is it because trying to make a game that's weird but works is just too hard?

It's pretty disappointing. Since a lot of FPS/TPS games can be rather samey they were a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>334663712

One of the few online games I played back then because my computer was shit and my internet connection at the time was shit. But the game managed through just fine.
>>
GunZ was awesome.. would totally host a private server on my vps if there were a game server for Linux. Too bad there isn't.
>>
>>334663712
With the parkour update Warframe is kind of like Gunz. But mostly PvE and significantly less shitty of a game.
>>
>>334670012
You need to pull people anyway. The only shit you can do on your own are low level quests. Unless you hacked like me ;-)
I had TONS of quest items that I would always have quest exclusive armors active, as well as leveling to 60.
>>
>>334663712
>I will never spend the entire night playing this gem in the summer right after 9th grade ever again.

Right in the feels, anon.
>>
>>334668072

K-Style was the only reason people played this shit for longer than one year m8.

That along with the rest of the animation glitches that turned into techniques made it much more unique to play and continue playing.
>>
File: feels-good-man.png (29 KB, 330x357) Image search: [Google]
feels-good-man.png
29 KB, 330x357
>>334670515
>I will never spend the entire night playing this awful garbage in the fall right after college classes
>>
>>334670326
I thought warframe was incredibly easy. Does it get challenging?
>>
>>334671330
>K-Style was the only reason
No it wasn't. The other reason was that they were functionally retarded.
>>
>>334663712
Is it still around?
>>
>>334671762
Server peaks are around 150 players. Pretty dead gladiator community
>>
>>334671694
Shit was easy to do and fun as fuck. Only a physically handicapped person would complain about it.
>>
>>334671665
Depends on your level/gear etc... But then Gunz was also easy. But at least Warframe works correctly in PvE, mostly. It bugs out with the aim on rare occasion and puts shit off center for no good reason. You can also get your shit and camera blocking your entire view.
The trick is stop being a bitch and making it easy for yourself. You're the only thing keeping yourself from a challenge, don't use an OP build with OP weapons. Use a squishy with mediocre/weak weapons.
Though I really shouldn't bring it up here because then retards will flood the thing. So sure I guess, it's way too easy and it's boring and I wouldn't suggest playing it ever, so avoid it as much as possible.
>>
>>334671964
Your illiteracy is showing.
>>
>>334671694

Are you dumb?

Like one line below it I admitted as much. The life and death of this game was based on its glitches.
>>
>>334672097
>Like one line below it I admitted as much.
No you didn't. Because you never mentioned that people were retarded. The p2p shitstain hitreg and 80% cheaterbase with invincible niggers you could unload all your ammo on without them moving. Yeah no. The game was pure dogshit.

You just mentioned K-style and then also added yet more K-style.
>>
when I played this game I would try to imitate k-style, but I didn't know how you actually did it. I saw a lot of people doing it so I figured that's the way to play it, but the only thing I did was mashing the buttons. other players were probably laughing at me. cool game though.
>>
>>334672529

There were other glitches besides k-style hence "OTHER animation glitches" which could be filed under functional retardation.

You on the other hand didn't really elaborate on what or who was functionally retarded.

Despite its P2W garbage and the terrible elitists in the community it was made far more interesting for much longer due to its animation glitches.
>>
You know your game is trash when the only thing that made GunZ fun were bugs and glitches. i didn't care at that age though.

Anyone played since iGunZ beta here? Sometimes i miss that shitty game.
>>
>>334673289
Also, i remember going to the japanese server sometimes so i could use my weeaboo language skills and duel against japs with 230 with my katana+missilelauncher combo.
>>
>>334671330
I agree. Kind of reminds me of how smash bros Melee's life span got to be so long - people discovering new tech.
>>
>>334671330

Fun fact, the dev team originally patched out slashshot but then brought it back because of the uproar of the community. But every scrub who didn't even want to learn the game will complain about "muh glitches"
>>
>>334673289

I played iGunz in 05 and it was the most level it ever was. Ijji gunz ruined most of my experience after iGunz was done away with.

P-Servers were the way to go and were 10 times more fun when everyone could buy what ever they wanted and go ape shit.
>>
>>334674043
Yeah and you could have some cool stuff that the official server didn't have. I could never master the ss because my keys were configured very badly, so i had to use the fucking mouse, slow as fuck.
>>
>>334664824
>Attack and Defense
I started hating Attack and Defend games towards the end.
When every other game was some variation of Attack and Defend with different rules the person hosting was making up.
And if you just joined and violated rules you weren't aware of you'd be kicked.
People stopped playing some of the cooler maps and every game was mansion, and the only time they did play other maps was to abuse flipping to score easy kills.

I actually enjoyed the chaos of deathmatch and once I hit a certain threshold I stopped caring about winning and started fucking around and trying to break the game or impose limitations on myself.
>>
File: CokeStudios.png (635 KB, 758x519) Image search: [Google]
CokeStudios.png
635 KB, 758x519
>>334663712
One of the first online games I got involved with back when I was exploring the wonders of online multiplayer on the computer back in grade 8/9.

I remember wanting that trench coat for my character so bad.

Back in my early PC days I think I spent the most hours on Coke Music, followed by Habbo Hotel.

>falling furni
>>
>tfw dual rockets and dagger user
>stab kstylefag down and spam rockets to the face
so damn satisfying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndtwyJK4TDM
>>
>flip them
>cancel their recover animation
>hit them in mid-air
>finish with two mid-air rockets

kek
>>
>>334663712
>playing on the beach map with the bottomless pit
>game devolves into everyone right clicking each other into a pit
>manage to launch a hacker in

Good times
>>
I think its because of playing GunZ and S4 League that I enjoy Warframe so much. There really needs to be more online third person action games with guns and swords though with good pvp.
>>
>>334668072
>no k-style
>game is spray and pray vs shotgunning horse shit

>with k-style
>game is craaaazy gun-kata crouching tiger hidden dragon wet dream
>>
>>334674759

Loved daggers in that game so much. There were so many K-style faggots that couldn't aim for shit and it felt so good when they got mad.

The D-Style tech was aneurysm inducing and made me love every second of using it.
>>
>>334674759
>>334675130

My niggas

>knocking a mad kstyle fag
>puling my hevy machingun
>headshot him into oblivion
>vote kicked right away
>>
File: gunz.webm (2 MB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
gunz.webm
2 MB, 540x360
>>334667806
>>kill k-style fags by shotting at them
"no"
>>
>>334674686
Are you me
>>
>>334675616
Better days friend
>>
>>334663712
>practicing butterfly on the town map
>glitching at high haven
>flip, hit them, flip again
I miss this game
>>
File: 85851.png (154 KB, 500x236) Image search: [Google]
85851.png
154 KB, 500x236
>>334663712
MOVING AT THE SPEED OF SOUND SUPERSONIC
>>
>>334674686

Making music in coke studios was pretty fun. The way it was setup it was almost like an rpg and getting to upgrade your shit apartment because of music you made was pretty satisfying
>>
>>334674686
I actually never played this game. Was it good? Is it dead today?
>>
>>334676807
I wouldn't call it a "game". More of a social game.
If you've played Habbo Hotel then you know exactly what to expect, except, edgier, make your own music from a set list of samples, you could earn currency (known as decibles) in game, instead of having to pay real money for in-game money.

I would have gone back to it a few times by now but it's been shut down last I checked.

>tfw I remember being so proud and attached to my room I built

>to this day I still remember the sound of one of the guitar riff samples cause it was I'm every song
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MmBvaGD-IU

*sighs*
>>
>>334678515
was about to post this.

Dungeon was my favourite map, sad that it saw less and less people playing on it when ijji rolled around.

Cheezing Naked Berzerker with shoes on for ez exp was great.
>>
>>334678515
Fuuuggg ;;

I wish i could go back.
>>
>>334678063
I loved playing music at the Tokyo location and then getting all those Coke Couches in Falling Furni.
I will always remember the 3 or so vocal lines you could add to your songs.
CAN YOU FEEL IT
>>
>>334675558
>tfw I could windstep perfectly and not like this guy
Was anyone else a scroller? They screwed us over in one update and I stopped playing the gmae. The game died a few years later.
>>
>>334678515

The OST was fucking fantastic for a game of its nature.

I never used my own music when I played this game.
>>
>>334680603
All the old korean online games had fantastic music. ALL OF THEM NIGGA.
Ragnarok, Maplestory, GunZ, S4 League, Gunbound, Survival Project. You name it.
>>
>>334680603
I did.

>>334680738
yes.
>>
>>334680738

Gunbound Music was so upbeat and relaxing you didn't feel too bad dropping that shot by one hair. But you still did and now you wasted that Double Shot and now you eat ass.

It was just right.
>>
>Gunz 2 came out and was forgotten in a week

What went so wrong
>>
>>334680738

I played nearly every game you just mentioned and yeah those soundtracks were fucking too.

I never noticed the parallel between all of them and Korean studios though. They seem to have a surplus of talent when it comes to music because, there are triple A games that still get shit on by those soundtracks
>>
>>334680913
Koreans can't do sequels.
>>
>>334680913

Stupid Balancing, for one. Prior to Dagger Bro they nerfed almost everyone else except the sniper, didn't buff up the assassin chick, and too much reliance on RNG for good weapon drops.

Some would say that the class-based gameplay shift kind of hurt the game too.
>>
>>334680603
>>334680603
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itxx_VVzpuk
>tfw this comes on in the middle of a duel
>>
>>334680913
Gunz 1 was famous for one thing, and that was the weird glitchy K-style bullshit. it was the ONLY reason people played this game. Once you got to the higher level brackets if you didn't do K-style people would instantly call you a noob, even if you were doing better than them, thats how prevalent Kstyle was.

Gunz 2 decided to abandon the mechanics that made Gunz popular and just made it a generic TPS.

Its kinda like releasing a new Quake game but changing the gameplay so it plays like Halo 1. Its stupid.
>>
>>334680913
I lagged too much in literally every game.
>>
I came into this thread hoping an alternative had been found, but found nothing but feels.
>>
>they called playing normally "eurostyle"

retarded. its not a style, it was playing the game without glitching.
>>
Wow...an actual Gunz thread. Im shocked. Ijji was the shit back in the day.
>>
>>334681294
>>334681294
>like releasing a new Quake game but changing the gameplay so it plays like Halo 1. Its stupid.
So like the new Doom
>>
>>334681714

Euro style was more about using automatics.

Some people called it e-style when you used k-style with rifles so it was a bit ambiguous.
>>
>Used to play Gunz using my shitty laptop's touchpad
>Would still always get 3rd or higher in terms of kill/death ratio using rocket launchers
I miss it.
>>
File: feel_man.png (480 KB, 500x735) Image search: [Google]
feel_man.png
480 KB, 500x735
>>334678515
Holy fuck that hit the spot.

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>334681108
My nigger. The soundtrack is top notch, I love the menu themes as well.
http://youtu.be/rjf3bEZs1bA
>>
>>334663712
>tfw I never got good at kstyling
>>
>>334684515
I cheated by mapping the block button to my right click so I could butterfly and double butterfly easily. I also remember mapping certain buttons that allowed me to hal-step, but I could only do it to the right. I had so much goddamm fun with this game.
>>
>can't sleep
>see this thread

I'm 21, I used to play this shit when I was 11. where the fuck has time gone?7
>>
I played it plenty, I also cheated constantly
>>
>>334664824
S4 league was ruined by the rental shit, pay2win as fuck
>>
File: 1452499844275.png (40 KB, 304x266) Image search: [Google]
1452499844275.png
40 KB, 304x266
I downloaded the Freestyle GunZ installer but I dont know if I should install it or leave my nostalgic memories untouched.
>>
>havent played gunz in literally more than 4 years
>download fgunz 2hours ago
>holy shit I can't even BF anymore
>practice a bit
>get back to being able to BF, SS, and RS
>make a training room
>get stomped completely
>same old shit talk
>get more used to playing again
>eventually beat some people
>pure fun
I fucking missed GunZ
>>
>>334674975
Fucking this. Lured that fucker into that room and lunged his shit into a pit. came buckets
>>
Someone make a room in Freestyle and lets practice
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV7jyb65bcY&index=4&list=RDT2MtBSOr9nM
>>
>>334670453
Never hacked on my main but had fun with hacks every now and then.

My main was about level 60 iirc and I mostly did quests, usually solo'd fine, but did do quests, dm's and training games with some friends and clan member every now and then.
>>
The only thing I ever think of when I see this game mentioned is that image of a chink in a fedora skillchaining some guy to death before he can even attack.
>>
>>334663712
One of the few games I was truly good at, I miss those days.
>>
>>334690451
this

now I don't even play shitty mp games anymore coz I'm being stomped by 13 years old faggets in every game
>>
The best part about this game is launching faggots on a bottomless pits or launching then in the air and shooting them in the air with my double shotgun
>>
>>334665412
Which is ironic it was still in NA culture because when I switched from international to ijji I learned to shit talk like a motherfucker from the Americans.
>>
File: 1452499186076.png (5 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1452499186076.png
5 KB, 645x773
I just spent 2 hours playing and re-mastering the butterfly technique on Freestyle GunZ.

It's still pretty much the same game. Most people seem to play on arenas on 1v1 and free-for-alls. Questing seems to be rather dead but there are 2-3 rooms full of players questing active at most times.

I feel happy.
>>
They're planning to bring the first GunZ to Steam if anyone's interested. No date set when this will happen, but they relaunched the game in Korea recently.
>>
>>334693695
Got a source on this, friend?
>>
I haven't played GunZ in like 8 years, yet I bet I could still do the K-style. That shit is imprinted into my hands.
>>
>>334681294
lol doom
>>
>>334693782
Here.

http://mmoculture.com/2016/03/gunz-the-duel-korean-server-reviving-after-successful-closed-beta/

Before that article surfaced there was a thread on GunZ 2 community page with all the necessary info and future plans of MasangSoft, but it drown in pages upon pages of literal shit and I couldn't manage to find it. The community for the sequel is as bad as for the first game.
>>
Stairway was the best stage.
Shower Room a shit
>>
>be around before k-style doing scrims
>k-style hits proceed to rifle fuck them all day
>start d-style with 2 rockets for maximum troll in leagues
>get bored and do k-style double shotgun

Rekt kids all day everyday. I still have hundreds of scrims replays that I should get around to uploading. One of these days.
>>
>>334696310
Also fuck you op for bringing up a good game that was fun and skilled based.

You know there are mostly shit games now just fuck you op
>>
>>334663712
Gunz was a lot of fun
>>
Monk style, never forget
>>
>>334663712
the netcode ruined gunz, going against 300 ping brs in clan wars is the worst experience i've ever had
>>
>>334667887
>triple critical jur
>>
>>334663712
>log in as level 3
>immediately kill a level 11 admin faggot
>get banned for "hacking" from the game itself
ya nah, badies can't handle the skill. Oh well, the game devolved into rampant hacking in the end anyway. RIP
>>
>>334680738
SoundTEMP is legit. They did the music for Pangya and some of the music for TOS too, I think.
>>
>>334684441
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaP0qm9jZ5Y
The music was top-notch, mostly because it was all stolen..
>>
you mean exploitable and unbalanced garbage?
There is a sequel and I guess warframe is close to it but more focus on PvE
>>
File: 1308085129184.png (500 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1308085129184.png
500 KB, 720x540
>finally learn how to do triple butterflies
>can't find matches to use it because of hackers
Gunz 2 being shit also just kills me.
>>
>>334695035
Shower room was a meme though because of the glitch when it was first implemented.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.