[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A higher framerate does not significantly affect sales o
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (181 KB, 650x304) Image search: [Google]
file.png
181 KB, 650x304
>A higher framerate does not significantly affect sales of a game.
>A higher framerate does not significantly affect the reviews of a game.
>Only a minority of players notice framerate as a significant issue of any kind.
>a drop in framerate is interestingly seen by some players as a reward for creating or forcing a complex setup in which a lot of things must happen on the screen at once. As in, “Damn! Did you see that? That was crazy!”

http://www.insomniacgames.com/how-much-does-framerate-matter/

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>334658410

What kind of loser cares about framerate? 30 is absolutely fine. Movies don't need to be 60 FPS either.
>>
File: file.png (55 KB, 662x194) Image search: [Google]
file.png
55 KB, 662x194
Also let's look at this poll

Instead of having an option like "I prefer 60fps since it feels better" or "60fps is cool" like they did with the 30fps poll option, they just made the option "IF IT'S NOT 60FPS I WON'T BUY"
>>
>>334658410
>>a drop in framerate is interestingly seen by some players as a reward for creating or forcing a complex setup in which a lot of things must happen on the screen at once. As in, “Damn! Did you see that? That was crazy!”

>console kiddies actually squeal with delight and clap when they max out their overpriced box of 20 year old hardware

unsurprising
>>
Absolutely true. I went from 60fps PS2 games to 30fps Xbox 360 games and never had a problem. The increase in smoothness doesn't feel like double as much, but it costs twice as much hardware power. Not worth it at all.

PC gamers think it matters because they use a mouse and sit close to the screen. That's it.
>>
>>334658410
>>a drop in framerate is interestingly seen by some players as a reward for creating or forcing a complex setup in which a lot of things must happen on the screen at once. As in, “Damn! Did you see that? That was crazy!”

If framerate was rick solid the rest if the time, I would support a brief period of slow-mo for large explosions that cause frame drops. Would be cool.
>>
>>334659406
>implying more than a handful of PS2 games were 60 fps
>>
>a drop in framerate is interestingly seen by some players as a reward for creating or forcing a complex setup in which a lot of things must happen on the screen at once.
>>
Honestly, if the game is good enough, and it doesn't require twitch accuracy, I can excuse it.
>>
I find it funny how they claim they want to make the best looking 30fps games on the market but A Crack In Time (a 60fps game) looks the same if not better than Into The Nexus (their first 30fps game).
>>
>>334659908
Every ace combat game is 60, AC6 is 30
>>
>>334660447
Nah, ItN had noticeably better graphics. Not the same jump from Tools of Destruction to CiT, and CiT is still a very pretty game, but still. I don't know what else they were doing in Nexus that caused the framerate issues though
>>
>>334658410

Why are these devs trying so fucking hard to defend their shit frame rate?
>>
>>334658410

The irony must be lost on these devs. They spend 6 months constantly claiming frame rate doesn't matter, yet it seems to matter enough to them to keep defending it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.