[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Insurgency still alive or worth buying right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Insurgency-Featured-Image.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Insurgency-Featured-Image.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
Is Insurgency still alive or worth buying right now?
>>
>>334651742
Yes to both?

Is it substantially different from Counter Strike?
>>
It's basically CoD with one shot kills, no hud, shittier maps and the same obnoxious playerbase.
FPS are dead.
>>
>>334652586
What worries me are the iron sights and the large teams. I've still heard a lot of good things about it though.
>>
>>334651549
Wait for the next humble bundle that has it or get it on a steam sale since it goes so cheap.
Fun game, very well done workshop client side mods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfZEx-RVHY
>>
>>334652586
>CoD
it plays more like battlefield with smaller maps.
>>
>>334651549
why does this game run like complete shitty on my laptop? other then the whole laptop thing, I can get most other modern stuff to run fine
>>
If it had more large open maps in addition to the urban combat it would be much better.

Sadly Source is fucking dildos for open maps
>>
>>334653393
it's Source based, it should run fine on anything but the most vintage toasters
>>
>>334653465
then it would literally just be battlefield
>>
Squad > Insurgency
>>
>>334653854
$40>$20
>>
>>334654427
$20>$15
>>
>>334655684
$15>$13.75
>>
>>334655973
$13.75>$13.4375
You should notice a pattern. If this pattern continues, what will the final value of the video game be after an infinite number of similar reductions?

You should be able to answer this.
>>
>>334656239
Obviously zero dollars. Subtract a finite amount an infinite number of times and you will reach infinity.
>>
probably the twitchiest multiplayer shooter I've played. one shot kills galore, i think its a trash game

>>334656239

really low but never $0
>>
>>334656939
You inspired me to post >>334657469
>>
It's very camping heavy
>>
Played a bit of it this morning.

Playerbase is nowhere as large as Counter-Strike or CoD but It's pretty dedicated, there were 2000+ players when I logged in.

I say It's worth a buy due to it not being scrub-friendly like other games, but it, maybe we'll meet in a server someday.
>>
>>334656939
>>334652586
>>334656939
>>334658013

You know you're not supposed to run around like a retard right? You're supposed to advance slowly while taking cover
>>
You're better off getting Squad
>>
>>334651549
Only if you like mic-spamming faggots screaming the same dumb memes you've heard over and over and thinking they're funny.

So basically RO2 but in a modern setting.
>>
>>334659463
This. I do like playing the game but alot of the people are trashy and are not funny. It's either allahu akbar's or silence mic wise. You can get lucky and find some cool people here and there that want to try and communicate but otherwise play with friends.
>>
Almost everybody in this thread has garbage taste in FPS's.

This game is the definition of a twitch based shooter. You will almost always die within one shot. Its just your reflexes against someone elses. Still has a active playerbase, and the developers are still suporting it. Definitley worth the buy
>>
The answer to the question is, eventually, $13.33.333...
>>
>>334651907
Yes. It's not similar to counter strike in any way.
>>
Does it have health regeneration?
>>
>>334663442
In a way it does, but really it's only because the bullets are grazing you or hit you in a non-lethal area (being suppressed). If you're not wearing heavy armor, you will be killed in one shot. If you're wearing heavy armor you'll still die to AP ammo in a single shot.
>>
>>334661637
More of a tactical shooter than twitch-based. Positioning and communication are more important than aiming quickly, usually.
>>
>>334663745
>>334663882
Sounds kind of like a modern-day Red Orchestra?
>>
>>334664678
Pretty much. Though smaller scale and without vehicles/artillery/mortars
>>
>>334664678
In terms of the one-death type matches, it's like Counter-Strike. Nothing like it in terms of gameplay though. It's kind of like RO and Battlefield but in a smaller match based setting. There's also a really fun co-op mode
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.