[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it be good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: shenmue3.jpg (209 KB, 778x426) Image search: [Google]
shenmue3.jpg
209 KB, 778x426
Will it be good?
>>
no?
>>
It will almost certainly fail to meet expectations.
>>
File: Shenmue3.jpg (340 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
Shenmue3.jpg
340 KB, 1280x700
Good or bad, at least it will be some form of closure after all these years.
>>
>unreasonable expectations due to decades of hype
>kickstarter

No
>>
>>334646830
pretty much this.

name me one sequel that was good where the previous game came out decades later, you literally cant.
>>
>>334646830

yeah I love Shenmue but I'm not getting my hopes up too high
>>
>>334646689
Thank god. Honest, I would have been alright with an animated movie, a manga, or (better perhaps?) a novel, but I'm quite happy to see the series end with a game.

No, really, this had better be the ending.
>>
I hope, but those graphics don't make me expect it. They better improve them.
>>
>>334648571

It has been confirmed multiple times this will not be the end of the series.
>>
>>334647391
... really thinking on this now, Team Fortress probably fits the bill. The Source version (Team Fortress Classic) was released in 1999, with the sequel coming out in 2007, *almost* a decade later. This most certainly applies if we consider that Team Fortress began as a mod for Quake (1996).

Guild Wars 2 arguably works as well, but that's subject to opinion (many feel it's just not the same game as Guild Wars, though honestly I feel they did a *decent* job).
>>
>>334648746

Shenmue really was always about the graphics and definitely nothing else.
>>
>>334649034
Well fuck. You're sure that's not in reference to the *original* plan for the series, as opposed the practical realities involved here. If they're really hoping for more games beyond this, THAT is stupid beyond compare. NO ONE expected to see Shenmue 3, much less Shenmue 5. Hell, *Shenmue* was expensive enough to make that even that almost didn't happen.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.