[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i can't get over how shitty this was. i've been replaying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: fallout-4.png (628 KB, 765x497) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4.png
628 KB, 765x497
i can't get over how shitty this was. i've been replaying new vegas recently just to see if it was merely nostalgia goggles, but no - this game sucks to high heaven.

>incoherent storyline that is poorly paced and has no sense of dramatic weight, tension or characterisation...fuck it even lacks basic logic
>no karma system
>no faction system
>consequently no sense that your actions have any significance
>lack of any interesting characters
>side quests are all interchangeable
>world is extremely small by modern open world standards
>its unique selling point was just shoving pointless and lame minecraftesque shit in it
>they actually made a big deal out of you being able to rename a gun
>convoluted main story with a ridiculous "twist" that is followed through horribly

this game is an objective 6/10 at best.
>>
>>334639050
>tacked on minecraft shit
Had it just been a small "You can also do this." aspect to a better game, no one would've had a bad thing to say about it.
Putting it front and centre as a huge deal was a terrible idea.
>>
>>334639728
why design interesting locations when your players can do it for you?

Just like with mods, bethesda needs someone else to make their game.
>>
File: 1460798207209.png (129 KB, 1580x776) Image search: [Google]
1460798207209.png
129 KB, 1580x776
>>334639050
>lack of any interesting characters
I liked noodle bot, kleo and most of railroad
And uh
Shit that's it i guess
Also you forgot the institute as a whole
>>
>>334640148
I never even made it to the Institute.
I got the prerelease leak and lasted about 15 hours before it glitched out.
Second attempt bugged out in the prologue and the front door wouldn't open so I couldn't get to the vault.
Third attempt lasted around six hours before I got sick of it.

I liked how the power armour actually felt special as opposed to just being another outfit to wear but it was far too easy to get access to.
>>
>>334640148

institute could have been interesting but it was tied up into such a dumb fucking storyline as mentioned in your pic related that it was impossible to take it seriously
>>
>>334639050
>No ammo bench
>>
File: CDWI.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
CDWI.gif
1 MB, 320x240
I agree, game was so repetitive for me. Go here, grab this and come back. Thats all the fucking game was about. Platinum'd it and never bothered with it since.
>>
>>334639050
What really gets me is that Bethesda creates some new feature and then purposely looks for a related area to slack off in.
>Settlements lead to lack of towns, merchants, etc.
>Gun customization leads to lack of weapon variety.
>Legendary weapons lead to a lack of unique weapons.
>Voiced character leads to lack of dialouge
>New cool looking perk chart leads to lack of good perks and loss of new perks brought by dlc.
They're just fucking lazy

Fuck you Todd
>>
>>334639050
>incoherent storyline
Off topic, does anyone else think Chris Avellone is a closet homo?
>>
>>334641746

>Settlements lead to lack of towns, merchants, etc.

yeah there was like, what, diamond city and goodneighbor? consider that for a second - an open world game released in 2015 had only two proper towns
>>
well it seems like a good game to mod

so in 3 years or so itll be good
>>
>>334642094
You've also got Vault 84. Seriously, though, the lack of settlements and unique NPCs overall fucking ruined the game. The world feels lifeless in the worst fucking way. Earning settlements actively makes a location worse, as any semblance of personality the place had is eroded by converting everyone living there into a generic settler.
>>
>>334639050
Going the route of FPS is what killed Fallout. The series should have stayed isometric.

>>334642026
>closet homo
It's out in the open anon.
>>
>>334642346
I just really thought about it and it sort of makes sense.
I remember reading somewhere he was really disinterested in the "traditional (read: normie) romance," which I could understand because the bastilla-revan thing was handled pretty hollywood cheesy style, and so the romances in Kotor II are a bit edgier and distant.

Fast forward to New Vegas, it seems that the heterosexual romance is completely gone, save for a scene where you can sleep with some random crazy woman, and nearly all the characters who are open about their sexuality are homosexual. Veronica. Arcade. Lanius. Hell, the entire legion.

I don't have a problem with gay romance, and I advocate for it despite not being gay myself, but I would hardly call it "equality" when most of the romances in New Vegas with any depth are homosexual ones.
(inb4 why are you playing new vegas for romance - I'm just critiquing the writing)
>>
>>334639050
Why does bethesda hates traits? Is there any particular reason? I understand if they forgot about them in 3 because whatever. But they didn't include them again in 4 even though new vegas had them. Why?
Also, to be fair, I think the vanilla traits in new vegas are pretty shitty but I like the mod that adds new traits.
>>
>>334643831
I'd say that it is because traits usually revolve around the idea that you'll want or have to replay the game to fully enjoy the Traits.

Bethesda in general is moving towards the idea that all of the game's content should be readily accessible in any playthrough. Not only does Traits directly oppose that ideal, but since everything else is made to be played the one time, adding traits that might lead you to replay it will make it obvious that the game is the same all the time. Kinda like David Cage games.
>>
>>334644213
Because Fallout 4 wasn't made to be an RPG.
>>
>>334644328
meant for >>334643831
>>
>>334644213
>Bethesda in general is moving towards the idea that all of the game's content should be readily accessible in any playthrough.

But then they try to ape New Vegas' Faction questline system where not everything is possible to be done in one playthrough.
>>
>>334644656
Huh, you got me there.

No idea then
>>
>>334639882

I don't mind the concept of a settlement system.

But seriously...it should've been like Gary's Mod. That game has an amazing build system. They should have just gone off of that.
>>
>>334644786
Garry's Mod is fucking shit though?
>>
Welp, the next Fallout is going to be out in a year and 3 months. So hopefully obsidian learned some things.
>>
>>334644656
You seem to be applying logic to Bethesda's madness. May as well be trying to figure out that common core maths shit.
>>
One shit I hope they never do again is voiced protags. What ever fucker thought it was a good idea to give up more dialogue choices for some gobshite and a whore to read horrible lines should get a slap.

Fucking the next elder scrolls will probably have a voiced protag, hopefully the amount of races will prevent.
>>
>>334645465
The only good thing to come from it was the Silver Shroud, but it wasn't worth it at all.
>>
>>334645591
Silver shroud would have been the same without the voiced protag. I was not expecting much because it is a fallout game but I was still disappointed, it did not feel like a fallout game at all.

Felt like a tribute or a spin off to fallout 3.
>>
>>334645783
Nah, the Silver Shroud quest shows your character grow and adapt, becoming more in the character and mindset and better at the delivery of the lines.
It all leads up to the end where your character uses the famous line against the enemy and absolutely nails it.
>>
>>334644656
Nope, apparently even if you side with one faction you still end up doing the entire quest line for the other factions but as a "spy". Then, at the very end, you can decide which faction you want to finish the game with, but it doesn't really matter to be honest because the ending is the same either way. New vegas has something similar to this in the sense that some factions (not sure if legion) make you, for example, convince the boomers to join them or destroy the brotherhood and it's basically the same quest with every faction but, as biased as I may be, I still think new vegas did that better. At least it mattered in the ending.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.