[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I buy with my red orbs? Its been established that health
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
What do I buy with my red orbs? Its been established that health items and blue orbs are forbidden, but what else does that leave? Whats a good begginners path?
>>
>>334637078
>blue orbs
>forbidden
Wat

Just roll swordmaster for maximum cheese
>>
>>334637194
I want s rank and true skill. What items will allow that?
>>
>>334637301
Oh, well then you want to go Royal Guard. It's a great emergency damage mitigater, and can dole out serious damage when fully charged. Invest in Stinger (your dash skill) for closing distances quickly. And double jump helps a hell of a lot too.
>>
>>334637078
All the moves and power upgrades? Not buying blue orbs saves a ton of orbs once you get past Cerberus.

Blue orbs aren't forbidden, just a crutch for beginners.
>>
>>334637525
are you shitting me? Or are you being real? Last time I asked for advice on here about re4 someone told me to upgrade one of the worst guns in the game as a joke and it fucked me up.
>>
>>334637680
If I were memeing I'd tell you to blow all your red orbs on holy water and purple stars.

There's really no right or wrong way to play the game. Just get your timing down and you can finish the game with the shittiest loadout you can muster.
>>
>>334637680
Don't believe that faggot. He's trying to screw you up.
Gunslinger is the easiest for beginners to get SSS ranks, plus it makes your guns actually do something.
>>
Blue orbs won't affect your ranking.
>>
File: 1455943578990.png (387 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
1455943578990.png
387 KB, 598x369
>>334637910
>>
>>334637910
This. It turns the shotgun into a meatgrinder.
>>
>>334637680
Swordmaster/Royal Guard for pure offense (RG puts out double or 1.5* the damage you block), with RG you're invincible for most of your starting jump/roll frames and you can cancel any of them with a Block
Trickster is good for combos and evasion but won't help your style any where near as much as ^
Gunslinger is pretty poor imo, there's only a few times you'd really want to use it and i don't think there is any OP strats outside of Artemis's Acid Rain for Leviathan.
>>
>>334638394
would you say dmc4 has better gameplay where you can switch styles with the dpad? Should I switch to that? About 5 hours into dmc3
>>
>>334638785
It has better core combat gameplay for Dante but the level design and enemies aren't necessarily designed for him. I would recommend you stick with and get good at DMC3 before you play DMC4 because you'll be more used to the fuckton of moves Dante has at his disposal in 4.
>>
>>334637078
get the blue orbs OP. Only way to get max health.
Spend your red orbs on moves. Prioritize rebellion and another weapon you like. Get moves for nevan last.
Don't buy green+purple stars until you're in Dante must die difficulty. You'll eventually need them, and then eventually you won't need them anymore at all.
Learn enemies movesets and patterns.

Also helps if you play the game once a year for 10 years ;]
>>
Rebellion and Cerberus are pretty good for Sword Master. Just look up a guide that ranks how useful the moves are. Also Agni and Rdura are solid, but Bevan is hard to use.
>>
>>334639080
I can't smell correctly
>>
>>334638785
The only thing (sans graphics) 4 has over 3 is Dante's combat, which at a high level is jaw-droppingly amazing. BUT the skill ceiling is waaaaay higher than 3, and everything else about 4 sucks so hard that you'll probably end up only playing Bloody Palace.

So no, stick with 3, the early game sucks because they throw Cerberus at you before you get any real options, but after that the game opens up very nicely.
>>
ELDER GOD TIER:
royalguard

GOD TIER:
swordmaster

HIGH TIER:
Trickster
Gunslinger
Quicksilver

MID TIER:
doppelganger
>>
>>334638785
Go from 3 to 4 after you finish hard at minimum
>>
>>334639453
>uselful
swordmaster
quicksilver

>gimmick
gunslinger
doppleganger

>too hard for me
royalguard

>easy mode
trickster
>>
Isn't special edition the easier one?
>>
>>334640598
Yes, all difficulty is dropped down by one so to speak
>SE Normal == regular Hard
And the orb choice at the start dictates whether you need to buy $10,000 orbs to continue from a checkpoint or don't.
>>
>>334637078
Start with your jumps, then power up moves that give you more travel or area of effect range, it's up to you whether to include guns in that group since you might need them on and off to deal with enemies at a distance that could cause problems.
After that it's up to you but usually I focus on buffing DT since that regenerates health longer, buffs damage longer, gives you more DT explosion, reduces how hitstun affects you longer and some other little features you might want to have around longer.

Though honestly you shouldn't have anything to worry about in expense if you play in a rinse and repeat fashion to gain experience and currency. Generally I redo missions on various difficulties until I get an S or higher and can't get further, by the time I'm finished I have more red orbs than a motherfucker to power up and it's back to set.
>>
>>334640857
>Isn't special edition the easier one?
>Yes
wouldn't that make SE Normal = regular easy
>>
>>334637078
guys how do i beat arkham without taking damage? literally the last mission I need to SS (on normal). i've tried shooting at him in his 2nd phase but those snake arrows always hit me and deal 2 bars of health. also why does he have so much damn health?
>>
>>334640528
There is no Style in DMC3 that isn't useful.
>>
>>334642003
this
i used to think doppelganger was useless but i used it + A&R on gigapede and killed him in 10 seconds. not even exaggerating.
>>
>>334637680
Maybe you should just play the game yourself instead of asking /v/ how to play it you fucking faggot.
>>
>>334641803
>>334640857
Yes, i am retarded
>>334641823
Look up what other people do, i think it's legit Spiral + KA and probably two weapons with Air Hike, maybe Beowulf (Air Hike, Killer Bee to escape as a last resort).

Dodging is literally getting use to the snake timing (abuse jumping i-frames and resist the urge to mash jump, the second jump has fuck all i-frames and will get you hit out of your safe first jump)
>>334642108
Spiral + RG is still the way to go for Gigapede though
>>
>>334642128
cool your tits babe
>>
>>334642108
If you use the jump spin attack for Cerberus on harder difficulties where the spheres come out faster you can actually reflect most if not all of them back and kill it within just as much time. I doubt it was intentional but DMC3 has a lot of weird things like that where bosses can die in seconds with the right load out.

Jump cancel on Leviathan's heart when it's shooting lasers can also kill it pretty quick without having to deal with the other organs and mobs.
>>
>>334637680
>Last time I asked for advice on here about re4 someone told me to upgrade one of the worst guns in the game as a joke and it fucked me up.
what gun did he tell you to up?
>>
>>334645730
pun
>>
File: silicon knights.jpg (62 KB, 450x311) Image search: [Google]
silicon knights.jpg
62 KB, 450x311
>>334645837
I think you can still use it for the main game, though the playstyle is very different from almost every other weapon in the game (gotta line up 2 targets before shooting to make it efficient)
>>
File: Bayonetta2boxart[1].png (226 KB, 265x374) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta2boxart[1].png
226 KB, 265x374
you can start by using your green ones to buy a better game
>>
>>334639453
You mean easy mode in every mode
Doppelganger (easter egg: plug a second controller in and have a friend play as your doppelganger)
>>
>>334647607
Where is it anon? I only see an image of a shitty sequel.
>>
>>334641803
Yeah, I was about to say because SE Hard mode was surprisingly easy.
>>
>>334648578
you quoted the wrong post
>>334637078
>>
>>334637078
>What do I buy with my red orbs?
Just go grinding and get them all
>>
>>334648860
No I'm positive I replied to Shitonetta
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.