[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How have these held up? Anyone play recently and enjoy it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
How have these held up? Anyone play recently and enjoy it?
>>
SA holds up fairly well on a mechanical level
VC kinda falls short, but can be enjoyed if you have a massive hardon for 80s pastiche
3 doesn't hold up
>>
3 aged like milk Buddy
VC has the style and doesnt age like shit
Sa is only playable with graphic mod imo
>>
>>334628568
just play them on pc and you will be fine
>>
None have really held up despite what SA dick riders will say.

If you've never played any of them before don't even bother nowadays. If you were a teen or kid when they came out, nostalgia will keep you going.

The shooting is garbage and the car handling is ass for the most part. On top of that, the games are flat out ugly as sin with bad audio mixing and voice direction.

They don't hold up, but that's not to say they weren't there pinnacle of their time.
>>
Funny, I have way more fun with GTA III than any other previous GTA title.

GTA III and GTA IV are the kings of the series.
>>
File: 517JMNK3K2L.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
517JMNK3K2L.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>>334628568
>>334628731
>>334629061
>>334629669
I played VC for the first time in 11 years. last summer. When I played it for the first time, I was 9, and as a result, couldn't get past the fucking helicopter mission, so I just gave up. I just sorta drove around a bit and got bored. I also kept the radio off almost all the time. When I got it on Steam, I started to recognized more of the songs, appreciated the story a lot more (When I was 9 I just wanted to see Civillians getting hit by cars) and had a fuckload of fun with it. As for SA, I never played it as a child, and had my first playthrough a couple months ago. I was also on my first GTA V playthrough, and I actually was more interested and engaged in SA than V for the whole time. It's literally a better game, any memers who say "muh nostalgia" are fucking idiots who really enjoy lapping up whatever trash R* can regurgitate.
>>
>>334629669
I can say the first time I played SA was a year ago and I still loved it. Your opinion is trash.
>>
>>334628568
I'm currently playing VC, still fun as fuck
>>
File: 1251668720329.jpg (24 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
1251668720329.jpg
24 KB, 400x346
Don't even bother with 3, it's such a mess.
VC is aight and SA is actually really enjoyable, as long as you follow the damn train.

Basically >>334628731 is correct.
>>
Fuck tps, I want a new arcade-ish GTA 1.
>>
>>334629669
Bait
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.