[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK THIS RNG BULLSHIT FUCK GOD FOR INVENTING RANDOM NUMBERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
FUCK THIS RNG BULLSHIT
FUCK GOD FOR INVENTING RANDOM NUMBERS
HOW CAN YOU MISS 5 >70% SHOTS IN A ROW
FUCK
Xcom EW or 2 or whatever thread.
>>
>>334619247
Because a 70% chance for anything to happen is going to be the same percentage chance everytime you do it. Reality does not stack.
>>
>>334619247

probability is an asshole
>>
>>334619594
Firaxis pls go.
>>
>>334619781
Nope. The odds change making it more improbable to fail each time, but the actual % chance to succeed remains constant.
>>
>>334620081
>The odds change making it more improbable to fail each time,
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>334620251
I don't know if you are serious but what I mean is for every attempt the odds point slightly more towards you succeeding, but odds are just odds. The percentage chance in this case is still the same, you can shoot a hundred times and miss, and be no more likely to hit the 101th time compared to the 1st.
>>
>>334621086
>you can shoot a hundred times and miss
That's not how probability works, unless you have a 1% chance shot.
>>
>>334621912
That's what I said. It's more probable to hit, but the chance to hit is still the same.
>>
>>334621912
Yes it fucking is. You can miss a hundred 50% shots in a row. It's unlikely but completely possible.
>>
>>334619247
>xcom 2
>Outflank the shit of a dude
>Still just a 66% shot
>Be in the correct range for the weapon

I give up trying to understand this game.

HOW TO WIN AT XCOM2
>GRENADE -EVERYTHING-

There you just won the game. Boy I sure love timed missions in turn based games! Really makes me thing outside the box and use all the different classes like the Grenadier and another Grenadier!
>>
RNG is why I don't bother even buying the game
>>
>>334622687
>dude has 76 aim
>enemy has 10 defense
>76 -10 = 66

Wow so hard.
>>
>>334622489
You'd hit at least 50 of those 100 if it was a 50% chance you fucking retard.
>>
>>334622968
Except I'm outflanking him with no defense.

Hell, my other dude of the same class, same rank is shooting through cover towards that dude with 78%.
>>
>Really makes me thing outside the box and use all the different classes like the Grenadier and another Grenadier!

I give you ten hearty keks
>>
>>334622687
>not taking a varied squad
>having trouble with timed missions
scrub
>>
>>334623049
>You'd hit at least 50 of those 100 if it was a 50% chance you fucking retard.
Are you just pretending now?
>>
>>334623138
>having trouble

I don't think understand how trivial this game is when you grenade spam shit with a class that can peel armor and add more damage to grenades. I don't even need to roll anything to kill entire groups of enemies.
>>
>>334623049
Yeah, nah. I don't buy it. You can't be this stupid.
>>
>>334623049
Holy shit I'm the guy that's tried to explain this shit since the start. Not the guy you responded to.
Don't call him a retard when you are the one in the wrong. Learn mathematics before you pretend to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>334623049
That's only if it's pseudo-random, which means stacking chance in your favor for every miss.

It is theoretically possible to miss 100 shots with a 99% chance to hit, although that's extremely unlikely.
>>
>>334623093
Defense is not the same as cover. A lot of enemies have innate defense that modifies the chance to hit them.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.