[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just started DSIII with mercenary and.. what the fuck is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: mercenary_small.jpg (36 KB, 450x675) Image search: [Google]
mercenary_small.jpg
36 KB, 450x675
So I just started DSIII with mercenary and.. what the fuck is up with the starting weapon (twinblades)? It does more damage when I use just one sword with shield than if I use both swords at the same time. How does this make any sense?
>>
From really doesn't like anyone who wants to dual wield. It was the same shit in DaS2.
>>
I think that's more for staggering the fuck out of people
>>
>>334614946
Different moveset, not everything is about making high damage
>>
why does the pyromancer look like a fucking tree-hugging hippy in this game?
>>
>>334615593
But pyromancer armor looks fucking rad
>>
>>334615040
>le there was nothing good in DaS2 meme
Yeah nah, powerstancing was amazing.
>>
Dex or quick weapons in general need to combo in order to unlock their full potential. As someone already said, it's about stunlocking and having different moves for more options. I am currently using the dual wield weapon Drang Twinspears and it is pretty damn satisfying ti fight with, but has its disadvantages.
>>
>>334616026
DaS3's pyros look like they've stripped rags of off random corpses to use as a costume

it's shit
>>
>>334616324
Except the part where you did more damage by two handing one of the weapons. I went to NG+3 on a dickass thief build using two of the Royal Dirks you get from Wellegar and it was bullshit, I did twice as much damage 2 handing one of them compared to powerstancing them.

>>334616510
The dw curved swords stunlock better when 1 handed as well.
>>
>>334614946
if both swords hit they do more damage than one sword hit.

>>334616634
You're factually wrong, considering power stancing katanas is some of the highest dps in the game, but sure, whatever you say moron.
>>
>>334614946
>>334616510
Heavy Drang Dual-Hammers here, landing both hits does more damage but not necessarily double, seems balanced that way, double would be kind of ridiculous considering you can two shot most things at early levels. (I still two shot things cuz of that nasty +10 and A scaling tho)
>>
>>334616634
Strange, I thought they were about the same. But one thing that is also useful is its hitbox. Fighting multiple enemies can be fun if you run into them and do that dash double slash attack.

You may also try to inflict poison or bleed with it.
>>
>>334616765
No they don't. They deal the exact same amount of damage, sometimes less (only by about 2 or so though.)
>>
>>334616950
the Royal Dirk did have a pretty wide hitbox with powerstance, but the damage was just ass. I did try Bleed and Poison infusions, even +5'd the dagger from the serpent lady boss and Infused it with Poison. It wasn't remotely worth it. By the time either popped most enemies were nearly dead anyway.
>>
>>334617056
if i hit with one sword and deal fifty damage and hit with double slash, each sword might do say, 35, 70>50
>>
>>334614946
These are nowhere close to the exact numbers, but basically think of it like this. When attacking with the dual weapon, you basically do 2 hits with that one attack that each do about 60-70% of what your normal 1 handed attack would do. However both of these reduced damage hits now have to go through the enemy defense as well, further reducing their damage. As you level up and upgrade these weapons though, their actual damage should increase to the point where after going through the enemy's defense, you will end up doing more damage.
>>
>>334616634
>Except the part where you did more damage by two handing one of the weapons
Powerstancing does twice as much poisebreak and applies twice as much of any status effect (2x Notched Whip is OP) and has a different moveset. Damage isn't the only thing to consider.
>>
I just beat the whole game yesterday with just the curved sword and a longbow here and there. They are pretty good weapon for staggering and keeping enemies staggered just learn the moveset a bit more and make sure to use your skill for mobs.

I want to beat the game again as a cleric but I heard faith is the weakest magic in this game, is it true? I kinda want to do a STR build with a dash of miracles but not sure if I should commit to it.
>>
>>334617362
You get so many iframes when you roll, you can roll with out delay and stamina regens so fast that pretty much all magic is shit, you can't hit anyone with it unless they do something really fucking stupid. You can't even spam magic because it takes a huge amount of Stamina to cast as well.

I made a Pyro twink and it's honestly just a waste of time. I kill more people with my +3 raw handaxe than with pyromancies.
>>
>>334616324
>Yeah nah, powerstancing was amazing.

It never worked, every time you attack with both weapons, only the main one hits the enemy while the offhand hit isn't registered.

2handing one weapon dealt more dmg.
>>
>>334617989
>2handing one weapon dealt more dmg
Yeah, no shit, but there's more to a weapon than damage. It's not a fucking MMO.

>the offhand hit isn't registered
Either that's a bug that only ever happened to you, or you're making shit up. I put 500 hours into the game and never experienced that.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.