[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name the one most important thing (in your mind) that you would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 27
File: 1460915675509.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460915675509.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Name the one most important thing (in your mind) that you would at the GTA VI that would be a big game changer like euphoria engine was.

>fully destructable buildings

Imagine police chasing you and you go off a stunt jump and chrash though an office building

Would this be possible on current gen consoles ? Rockstar seem to be wizards seeing that they even got gta v to run on last gen consoles (in my novice mind)
>>
>>334614263
That you would add*
>>
Good story
>>
Destructible buildings wouldn't be good for GTAV and also wouldn't be possible on current gen consoles. At least if they improve the other aspects of the game, it would be difficult to get it to run.

Also I don't think it would be good for GTA. Maybe one or two destructible buildings for certain missions or something would work but otherwise i don't think it would fit it. You don't destroy cities in GTA like you might in battlefield.
>>
co-op campaign with a custom character as the main character.

that ought to shut up the SJWs.
>>
>>334614263
Fully open world
Enter any building
Map is the entire world
Realistic newtonian physics
fuckit just make it real life2
>>
>>334614618
I think it would be pretty cool

>having a sniper battle with someone who's in a building
>fire rocket at wall blowing a huge hole in the building exposing them

Also

>re-enact 9/11
>>
VR with hand tracking
>>
>>334614618

It'd be possible, but likely the "house of cards/wafers" you see in things like Just Cause. Shit is destructible, but feels like you're smashing apart toy blocks and not real buildings. Though as you said, the current gen hardware would probably have a hard time rendering such details. Hell, even PCs would probably struggle to do fully destructible cars, buildings, and realistic damage to player/NPC bodies.

Really, it'd be nice to just have some destructible areas, like maybe the entrance of a mall so we could recreate the chase from Blue Brothers and at least something where construction work might generate at random on some roads so you'd never know if a road is all clear or gonna be blocked off.
>>
I'm sure they'll hype up a bunch of shit for the next game that sounds mindblowing, but all ended up to be underwhelpming boring shit.
>DYNAMIC HEIST SYSTEM!
>THREE PROTAGONISTS!
>PLANES!
>GTA ONLINE!!
>>
ENVIRONMENT INTERACTION !!

I hated this so much with V. I want to be able to interact with all of the machines/chairs/random equipment in the environment. It feels like your just some shitty sprite in a shallow world.

I'm not talking about Watch Dogs bullshit, I mean simply being able to walk up to a swinging fence and grab/manipulate it.
>>
>>334615026
>construction work might generate at random on some roads so you'd never know if a road is all clear or gonna be blocked off.
That would be both sweet and frustrating as fuck
>>
Make it Sci-Fi
>>
So are we going to pretend that GTA: Mars didn't happen?
>>
The horsepower should be put towards more reactive NPCs (GTAV took a big step backwards for fucks sake killed my interest in the game fast) and denser cities. Then once there's so many NPCs and cars that gridlocks become a real issue they can set it in the year 3000 with flying cars etc.
>>
>>334614263
>fully destructable buildings
gta is not just cause
>>
>>334614263
>>334614618
Red faction did destructible buildings on last gen you plebs, it's possible, it's just that devs are lazy retards
>>
Decent gunplay for once
>>
>>fully destructable buildings
And what happens after you destroy them?
Do they stay destroyed? That way you could destroy the entire city, turning it into a ground zero. Or some building would be indestructable, so it wouldn't be "fully" destructable

Do they not stay destroyed? That way how could you explain them being restored so fast? And how would they restore, the next time you launch the game? Does that mean you _can_ make a ground zero, only for it to be restored to the current state on the next launch?

You get the idea, it's a shitty gimmick that wouldn't work for a GTA game.
>>
GTA VI
>on linux
>>
File: zTAE86.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zTAE86.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
[Eurobeat intensifies]
>>
File: 20160315104428_1.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20160315104428_1.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
Bigger selection of classics, 5 was way too focused on supercars and high-class stuff, would love to see some more muscle cars
>>
>>334615368
>Red faction did destructible buildings
Yeah, because there weren't a bunch of buildings and the ones that were there were just glorified shacks.
>>
>>334615479
>Does that mean you _can_ make a ground zero, only for it to be restored to the current state on the next launch?
This sounds fine only you care
>>
>>334615881
buildings in GTA are just glorified boxes with a skin on it.
>>
>>334615974
Maybe I care because I work at Rockstar and I'm actually thinking through how exactly the game would work with ideas like these
>>
>>334614826
>how to make a shitty game

dont get me wrong I think it would be awesome to have a complete life simulator, one that let you choose to be a criminal or a career man, one where you die or get injured easily and cars get totalled in one crash. I dont think it would make a very good gta game though, it would make any shooting section near impossible and driving would become such a choir just to avoid destroying your car.

it would be cool if they had a destruction system similar to The Next Car game though, make all the damage actually realistic
>>
If you play as a nigger again the game better have fucking gang mechanics. God damn I wanted San Andreas 2.
>>
>>334615974
that sounds retarded since gta is pseudo-realistic.
having the city be destroyed only for it to be magically restored in a blink is dumb no matter how you look at it
>>
File: The-Fifth-Element-4.jpg (73 KB, 728x303) Image search: [Google]
The-Fifth-Element-4.jpg
73 KB, 728x303
>>334615227
I'd play that
>>
>>334614263
>describable buildings
That sounds silly since they would need to quickly be rebuilt to facilitate the story.
>>
File: 1209466952392.jpg (26 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
1209466952392.jpg
26 KB, 225x300
>>334614263
>Name the one most important thing that you would at the GTA VI that would be a big game changer like euphoria engine was.
>Most important thing that you would at the GTA VI
>That you would at the GTA VI
>the GTA VI

WTF am I reading? get back to class you illiterate log of dook
>>
File: quake 2 railgun.jpg (12 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
quake 2 railgun.jpg
12 KB, 400x293
>>334614263
droppable shoes

all that running and not a single mother fucker ever drops one of their shoes.

the day i see a shoe in the middle of the street in GTA i know that realism has arrived
>>
>>334615368
red faction also wasnt open world you clown
>>
>>334616996
red faction: guerrila, you fucking troglodyte
>>
>>334615074
But outside of the delays, all of those things were good.
>>
>>334617219
>3 protags
>gta online
>good
nope
>>
>>334615642
DEJA VU
>>
>>334617669
Those were great, actually.
>>
>>334617669
Whatever nigga. I liked the missions that made use of the character swap and their special abilities.

And online is fun for the wacky game modes.
>>
For online?

Player base economy and trading
"Job classes" that range from crime, crime prevention or jus general things (be an assassin picking up contracts from other players, be a cop solving cases, or a guy running a fish market)
More ocean activities
Dynamic missions and Player made missions. No instance based shit. What happens, happens.
Remove depositing cash to your account via phone. You either have to go to an ATM, bank or launder it through businesses or services (like the other guy's fish market)
Remove player names and markers on the map and HUD. The only time you will know if there's another player nearby is if they have a warning level and you're browsing the news on your phone, all Lester, have the radio on the news of a police radio installed in your car. This should avoid the game turning into a glorified death match while you're just cruising. Now you actually have to hunt people down,and if you start chimping put in the street, a vigilante or a good citizen that's among the crowd could pop out and stop you.
In order for the above to work, more reactive NPCs. That way you can blend with the crowd easily.

The most fun I had in GTA:O was the improvised missions. When shit just happened. I was robbing a liquor store and when I stepped out, a guy dressed all in white and in a white mask drove up to the store, ran in and beat me with a stick to death and then drove off.

I spent the rest of the session hunting the fucker down by car and then air and I even called my buddy up to get online and help me chase me down. That was fun as hell. GTA:O should be designed in a way to encourage more if that. Unique player interactions while people are carrying out their task to support their gameplay style. The mission structure they choose where everything is instanced based, and strictly scripted is boring as shit. Not to mention that it all severely splits the player base as everything is locked away in sessions.
>>
Grab pedestrians and use them as shields.
>>
>>334617898
>liked 3 protags AND special skills
worst kind of pleb
>>
>>334618161
Whatever nigga.
You want me to prove my opinion to you or some shit? I had fun with those features and there isn't shit you can do to stop me.
>>
>>334616323
But losing a 5 star wanted level in a blink isn't?
>>
>>334618508
not really, it's always been part of the gameplay, not a slapped on gimmick. some aspects of a game can't be 100% realistic, and having enemies despawn is not as retarded as having a whole city reappear every time it's destroyed
>>
File: dota 2 warlock and his minions.jpg (401 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
dota 2 warlock and his minions.jpg
401 KB, 1680x1050
>>334615479
next time you drive past the building it's a contruction site (with construction workers and machines).

the time after that the building is back.

it would be fine, it's a game.
>>
>>334616323
That sounds pretty GTA like. You knock down a building, see repairs within hours, and the next day the building is repaired over night. Everything is built in the time lapse if you start a mission.
Reminder that you'd get 5+ stars and that limits how much you can destroy. Also ideally it'd take some time to destroy a single building with a realistic damage model, destroying multiple city blocks of buildings with reinforced steel beams won't happen in 5 minutes.
>>
>>334615153

Kind of the point, it'd mean having to really consider making your turns in a chase, but at the same time make the world feel far more lively.
>>
>>334616009

They're still more detailed looking than Guerilla's little silos and garages.
>>
>>334616054
sure kid
>>
>>334616323

It'd only be dumb if we were talking Hulk: Ultimate Destruction levels of destruction where EVERYTHING is leveled and then magically restored. Having a few building blow up and then being rebuilt some hours later in the game wouldn't be a big deal. Hell, with the right programming, it could happen over several in-game days and just be handwaved as "weeks/months" since there are never months in the GTA games.
>>
>tfw GTA Online has made Rockstar over half a billion dollars
>tfw we will never get a good GTA single player ever again because all the focus will be on the online component
>>
>>334621856
uh-oh you may be right

i wont buy it then. never tried online.
>>
Move the location to the Balkan
>great countryside
>cities
>seaside
>mountains
>eurobeat
>lada drifting
>>
File: 1405765548899.jpg (24 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1405765548899.jpg
24 KB, 576x432
>>334615368
except that's a different game with a different engine you insufferable empty-headed fucking moron
>>
>>334614263
>One protagonist
>RPG elements
>Feeling of adventure
Basically make it an updated GTA: SA
>>
KILLMOVES
>>
>>334621856
can i ask how ?

legit, how do they make money from online ? people just jump in and play, how do they make money from that ?
>>
>>334624526

Shark Cards.

Kids begging mommy to let them buy their way to swanky apartments and better gear.
>>
File: GTA first person.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GTA first person.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
First-Person
>>
>>334626278
Hope they keep it, night-driving in the rain is pretty comfy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPlF-IEkXQ
>>
>>334614826
>enter any building
why?
>>
>>334614263
Good gunfights would be nice.
No more cheating IA.
First person view.
>>
>>334614263
The best thing for GTA VI would be that it isn't GTA VI. I want more new IPs from Rockstar and the gaming industry as a whole. Stop with the sequels and reboots and customers, stop demanding them.
>>
Don't mind me just posting best song from Non-Stop Pop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8QYn-58AqU
>>
>>334626671

To be fair, it was a shame how few places you could enter, especially since many were relegated to just one-time events in certain missions.

With that said though, being able to enter ANY and ALL buildings would just be stupid, not to mention unfeasible as that would stress the hardware to render everything from objects in every single house, to whatever NPCs live there and giving them routines to carry out.

At most, we just need more big places like malls, restaurants, and some factories to dick about in.
>>
File: GTA-5-destructible-environments.png (303 KB, 575x314) Image search: [Google]
GTA-5-destructible-environments.png
303 KB, 575x314
>legitimately believed this would be an open world feature, unknown to the fact it was taken from a heist mission when i first saw it
still hurts
>>
>>334614263
More planning for crimes.
I'd prefer for limited weapons which change how much heat you get
Choosing escape methods and vehicles to avoid police
The way you handle missions will change the amount of police/security/gangs in the area and future missions.
Some more work on the shooting/stealth mechanics. Felt like IV/V helped driving a bunch but left those elements behind.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the fans would hate all this though but I never liked the Saints Row wacky method.
>>
>>334628230
>meanwhile a fucking sapling stops your car dead in it's tracks going 200+mph
>>
>>334628520

If they could at least make it so shits like small walls, saplings, and tables weren't made of fucking iron, I'd be fine without building destruction. Just let me plow through shit even a car from the 30s could partially demolish.
>>
>>334614263

Parkour
Melee combat
Stealth
Weapon/armor variation ( protection/stealth)
Light rpg elements (gta san andreas + sims+neverwinter nights)
Metal gear solid 3 villians
Apartment levels/small levels where shooting is optional (melee/stealth/persuation etc.)
Puzzles
Less aggressive aim assist
Slowmotion bar like in rdr
Metal gear solid 5 movement/resident evil 6 movement
More creative/sick levels like in manhunt
Coop campaign
Mod support
Survival horror themed dlcs
piclocking/forcing stuff open/ forcing yourself in combined with rythm based inputs
lots of minigames/beeing able to kidnap people/steal their money
Less open, more detailed world with interactivity, archiebables stuff to do
More passants, cars at once
more random events

make an rpg without numbers
>>
>>334629000
A car from the 30's would destroy much more than a modern car would, considering they were built like tanks

Mom once told me a story about how her first car, a Buick fuckhugemetaldeathtrap, got crashed into a stone wall and toppled the shit over like a stack of building blocks, didn't damage her car at all.
>>
File: 20160329011344_1.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160329011344_1.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1080
>>334615642
>you can't drift
FUUUCK
>>
File: 447165-beam_002.jpg (139 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
447165-beam_002.jpg
139 KB, 1024x768
>>334616580
So why didn't you?
>>
File: 1455671342533.jpg (58 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
1455671342533.jpg
58 KB, 302x237
>>334626140
People actually buy those?
>>
File: 20160413230401_1.jpg (576 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160413230401_1.jpg
576 KB, 1920x1080
>>334615770
There're lots of classics and plenty of muscle cars (two of the best locked sadly).
>>
>>334615479
They get to sell their shark cards because you have to keep funnelling money to repair the damages.

The city would be mostly intact with construction workers and equipment to the place you "renovated" last.
>>
>>334629530

How do you think so many CoD kiddies get all their shit? Through dedicated playing? No.
>>
>>334629530
Apparently

Some numbers got leaked a few days ago, apparently Shark cards have raked in $500 million since release, that's in addition to the $2.3 billion it's made in copies sold
>>334629782
I probably should say "there will never be enough."

And don't remind me, I keep going online hoping to find a modder's dick to suck so he'll spawn me a Stallion
>>
>>334614263
Tone down aimbots on NPC's
Make cars other than Armored Kuruma or Insurgent useable
>>
>>334630093
>I keep going online hoping to find a modder's dick to suck so he'll spawn me a Stallion
Even if he does, you can't keep it unless you mod the game as well. Shit sucks.
>>
>>334614263
Good gameplay

But in all seriousness, a city with fully destructible buildings is not happening this generation. It would be cool as fuck though
>>
>GTA V
>Get one star wanted level
>Psychic police turn into or spawn in every street you go into
>Headshotted inside your car from the other side of the block
>>
>>334614263
Make it more RPG like. Make the story more dynamic. Give the player an option to be a criminal or a straight edge career guy or even a cop. Hell, you might even be able to tie that into MP - have cops vs robbers MMO gang wars.

Combine the best parts of IV and SA. Gunplay in V was shit, literally just copy IV. Sound design, too, needs improvements. Bring back RPG stats, and this time don't be afraid to have too many. Let players get fat from eating too much.

Less military shit, more civilian oriented weapons. At least, make the good guns more expensive or harder to get. Have a few weapons which aren't purchasable. More attachments and customization would be good as well - switching out handguards, grips, stocks, etc. Attachments should be sidegrades with their own upsides and drawbacks. Just like with cars.

And about cars: fewer upgrades with more choice. And what I mean by that is that instead of having straight upgrades it should be sidegrades - maybe heavy armor boosts vehicle health but increases weight. Not to say upgrades should all be equal, but there should be no definitive "Best" upgrade.

And for fuck's sake, let us upgrade boats and planes. With preferably more radical upgrades - stuff like HMGs through the ass, grenade machine guns, all that crazy stuff.

One problem I have with nearly all open world games is that they never feel real. They feel like a sandbox - an easily predictable "Box" made solely for the player to play in. To avoid this, perhaps GTA VI should have some more permanent consquences - maybe killing a great deal of police in a short span drains their reserves and they have to send more civilian weapons and worse body armor. Maybe police helis eventually get replaced with civilian helis as they run out. Dispatch should be a character, who should maybe panic or get desperate when you kill literally dozens of cops. Police should be smarter and more tactical. Squad tactics, flashbangs, riot shields, etc.
>>
>>334630260
Kuruma is literally easy mode since the game has no actual difficulty settings.
You don't really need them at all unless you're doing missions with random lowbies.
>>
>>334630749

>people still saying this bullshit
>>
>>334630916
Everybody will be using Kuruma anyway, even if you don't, some fag will use it and basically solo the job.

If you don't use one fags will throw a fit and kick you from the lobby.
>>
>>334630525
I know but I don't want to believe it, it's such a sexy car and I need it in my collection alongside the dukes. Another case of NEVER EVER.

Reallistically though I pretty much only ever use the sabre turbo. Pretty hyped for Tuesday when it get's its lowrider version
>>
>>334614263

Go back to 4's multiplayer instead of making it MMO lite.

Make the DLC focus on singleplayer expansions instead of new things to grind for in the MMO lite.

Make the game more suited for fucking around in, give players and NPCs more health, give more ways to mess with the ragdoll physics since they are actually good. More fun cheats instead of needing a Trainer to do everything.

Stop trying to make people buy the same game 3 times by releasing a crippled copy on out of date consoles, a less crippled copy a bit later on new consoles and then finally a PC version.

None of these will happen however as it would make the money grabbing fucks less profit.
>>
>>334614263
Just more interiors and less guns and a better melee system. It feels thre are too many guns you can have that dont feel different from each other or sometimes just have straight up better options.

In gta 4 wasnt it the ak did more damage but the ar was more accurate and faster firing?

And yeah, more interiors because online gta v felt bland as fuck because youre confined to the outside world
>>
>>334629430
G-Police was more fun.
>>
Remove player white dot notifications. That would be really crazy. You can only detect other players like you're able to in deathmatches.
>>
>>334631724

Less negative suggestion as well.

Have actual seasons and changeable weather, North Yankton for example would be a good place. LS looked very different with a layer of snow, GTA 6's location could be phenomenally different with each of the four seasons passing by.

Gameplay wise handling could obviously change based on the weather, roads get icy and going off-road is exponentially harder for most vehicles when there is a foot of snow on the ground. Rivers and lakes could freeze over and be driven on for shortcuts, or have the ice shattered with explosives for escaping police or other players.

Differing missions could possibly be available during certain seasons as well (imagine dressing as Santa for some home invasion shenanigans etc). Cheats or some other game mechanic could let you swap to what season you want at will if the natural passage of game days is too slow for you.
>>
- i would like to see some decent nightlife. A lot of Bars, Clubs, crowded streets, drunken people who fight.
- More natural weapons. you can pick up things from the streets like bottles, wooden slats, garbage bins etc. and throw it or fight with it.

- sport events in fotball-, basketball, baseballstadiums. u can see how the pople go to these games and the stadium get more crowded.
>>
>>334614263
Have the game set in multiple time periods. This seems like the logical way to continue from V having multiple characters. You can control 3 different characters, each from a different time period, say 70s, 90s and present day. The layout of the city will change as time progresses, new neighbourhoods, old buildings get demolished etc. And people loved the 80s and 90s feel of VC and SA, they could really try and get the feel right for each time period, and still have the mobile phones/internet shit they love so much in the present day.
>>
File: PricklePineSafehouse.jpg (51 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
PricklePineSafehouse.jpg
51 KB, 800x500
>>334614263
Fucking Real-estate, for God's sake.
The last GTA that had something even close to a good Housing system was SA. This time, I wanna see a dynamic house market, and not the R*tards definition of dynamic either. Like, houses literally come and go on the market, some with better prices, better locations, or more aesthetically pleasing than the others. The GTA V approach of "EACH CHARACTER HAS THEIR OWN CAR/HOUSE AND CAN ONLY BUY BUSINESSES THAT PERTAIN TO THEM" was fucking trash. I want to be able to have any car, any house, and decorate/modify them any way I please. That was one of the problems with V, You have all this money, but fucking nothing to do with it. A living, breathing, real estate market would be the perfect place to spend money after a heist.
>>
>>334632870
That sounds like a pretty good idea, but would involve a fairly significant amount of work just remaking the map for each time period. I think I'd rather have 2 or 3 cities like in SA. GTA V has a fuckhuge map but you never feel like you're going somewhere, because there's nowhere to go really.
>>
>>334634190
Absolutely this, GTA's map was great in terms of sheer size, but when you really look at it, It's literally a big oval shaped racetrack. The Highway goes absolutely nowhere, except back to where it started, it's obvious it was designed with the missions in mind, not making it feel like a living, breathing world. Sandy Shores and Paletto Bay were both garbage as well.
>>
make police chases fun again.

>get three stars
>shot dead by 2 bullets
>>
>>334631298
If they can solo the job then they'd have no reason to throw a fit

This doesn't happen, the only reason you'd get kicked from a heist is if you were below level 20, or played like total shit.

Although yes, there is more often than not 1 kuruma user out of 4 players
>>
>>334634495
Yeah pretty much. Having some actually interesting places (like cities) to drive to would be quite nice, this looping back to LS thing is pretty shitty.

I don't actually mind empty-ish places on the map, because (reasonable) travel time between points of actual interest adds to immersion greatly, at least for me. The point is that there need to be places that are actually worth traveling to. There's pretty much nothing like that in GTA V. Among lots of other things, some of my favorite memories of GTA SA are listening to the radio and driving between cities. It felt like you were actually going somewhere, like there was a point to the driving.
>>
>>334633901
This.

The BIGGEST and I mean BIGGEST problem with V was that it didn't feel like a world. It felt like a box for the player. It definitely needs more dynamicity. The world should change.
>>
>Hey look at these tons of stuff for you to buy
>Too bad you're not buying shit since you only get money AFTER you finish the game
>>
>>334633901
>The GTA V approach of "EACH CHARACTER HAS THEIR OWN CAR/HOUSE AND CAN ONLY BUY BUSINESSES THAT PERTAIN TO THEM" was fucking trash. I want to be able to have any car, any house, and decorate/modify them any way I please.
All that is available on GTA Online. House decoration is not so deep tho
>>
File: smughare.jpg (28 KB, 368x330) Image search: [Google]
smughare.jpg
28 KB, 368x330
>>334614263
Probably been said thousands of times, but I really want a full map of the US. It would give them room to actually make a highway system that isn't fucking retarded, and it'd just be fun as fuck, probably the only way I'd be okay with Rockstar making a full online game, seeing as:
>Big enough that having 50 or more actual players won't just be an RDM fest
>Get to go on a cross-country roadtrip from Liberty City, to the Rustbelt cities of Pennsylvania, to the Swamps surrounding Vice city, or to Sprawling metropolises in San Andreas, all the while making pit stops in little Podunk towns like Ludendorff and Blueberry.
>Endless mission potential, stories would write themselves
>Airports would have a reason to exist, for the first time ever.
>Buy a comfy home anywhere you choose, be it a little home on the shores of Alderney, to a mansion somewhere in the wheat fields of the midwest.
I really fucking want this.
>>
>>334634495
did someone say pseudo time-travel?

>Anywhere City becomes Anywhere State
>Different parts of the map represent different areas/time periods

>Bottom half of the map is heat street; 70s - 80s references galore; everyone is fighting for this chunk of the state; police are less common here. Vintage guns and cheap cars

>Middle half of the map is the "contemporary" area; not a lot goes on here; there are suburbs and a bit of forest to explore, but this place mostly represents the new millenium. The same groups fight over this city to a lesser degree; a lot of the fights here are started by the police. Military-grade weapons and moderate cars.

>Sitting between 2/3 of the map and the other 1/3 is a large desert; small patches of civilization resembling Middle-Eastern kibbutzim can be found here. Secret super-weapon, cheap cars.

>Truly representing Anywhere State is Anywhere City, its capital. Here, the protagonist(s) is reminded of their time. Gangs are virtually non-existent. Instead, there are simply two factions: the criminals, which are made up of all earlier gangs, and the police, which is essentially just its own gang. Energy weapons, hover cars.

>Miscellaneous gated communities in between represent quieter times, like the 20s - 50s; shit's pretty posh here, with the exception of the mobsters controlling it. Classic weapons, expensive (but slow) cars.

>Four playable characters, all with intertwined stories, and from different parts of the map, but only three are available throughout the main campaign. The fourth character actually works as the explanation for many of miscellaneous factors influencing the events of the main campaign.

>Each character has a unique skill/weapon set (i.e. using rifles for drive-by, running twice as fast, taking twice as much damage, etc.); different weapons may be used, but the characters are best with the ones they originally own.
>>
>>334635312
Oh my God yes. I still remember listening to "A Horse with No Name" while flooring it through Bone county, "Pretend We're Dead" on the Gant Bridge, or "Two Tickets To Paradise" driving through the Forest right outside Los Santos.
>>
File: g13_30.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
g13_30.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>334615881
there's a few good buildings to wreck
>>
>>334635312
>I don't actually mind empty-ish places on the map, because (reasonable) travel time between points of actual interest adds to immersion greatly, at least for me.

Emptyish places also make grat playgrounds for fucking around in. 5 has a ton of great offroad vehicles but hardly any reason to use them because all the offroad areas are fucking mountains (and regular road cars can climb just as easily as specialist vehicles anyway)
>>
File: g8_30.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
g8_30.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
File: Rev_Up_Those_Fryers!.png (74 KB, 180x269) Image search: [Google]
Rev_Up_Those_Fryers!.png
74 KB, 180x269
>>334636305
That sounds so fucking awesome, but not as a GTA game. I love the idea of a culture shock going between areas, part of the reason I liked SA so much. But sadly enough, R* seems to be gravitating more and more towards the "muh realism" fags.
>>
File: 13046278.jpg (61 KB, 720x868) Image search: [Google]
13046278.jpg
61 KB, 720x868
>>334614263
Focus more on single player and less on the fucking multiplayer that is going to turn into shit after a month anyways.
>>
File: o1_1280.png.jpg (494 KB, 1280x953) Image search: [Google]
o1_1280.png.jpg
494 KB, 1280x953
>GTA5
>set up custom outfits for the characters
>game keeps resetting them with random story missions

This triggered my autism hard.
>>
>>334636565

Not nearly enough though, sadly. Shame you couldn't just build/spawn your own cities and then wreck them.
>>
>>334636768
I can find nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>334636979
Same. The PC trainer menu sort of fixed this, but in the end it's a really annoying design choice.
>>
File: g5.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
g5.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>334637074
its a little buggy but its not like theres an alternative
>>
File: Wakeywakey.png (436 KB, 781x430) Image search: [Google]
Wakeywakey.png
436 KB, 781x430
Perfect GTA VI recipe
>Tokio
>1980
>1 young local detective,and a couple of thugs (M & F) who ran away from los santos because of TPI. And the story would be them being chased by the police, the local mafia and TPI.
>>
>>334636763
Yeah that's kind of my point. For a map to be good it doesn't need to be some amusement park with a ride every 50m, having empty places is good as long as there are also interesting places/landmarks/cities to go to. It's the 2nd part that GTA V gets wrong.

As for mountain vehicles, I'm pretty sure 4WD sports cars like the RH8, Kuruma, Sultan and shit like that are actually much better at climbing than any specialist vehicle. RH8 at least is fucking amazing.

>>334636813
>R* seems to be gravitating more and more towards the "muh realism" fags
I'd say that was definitely the case with GTA IV and its story, but in V they seem to have taken a step back once again and it's slightly more ridiculous and the parody is heavier. It's no SA or VC, of course.
>>
>>334629302
The Futo really thinks it has more weight than it actually does. You have to hold down the gas and e-brake when you drift, leaving it's momentum to it's own devices will have you eating wall.
>>
Cops actually being fun to fight against and not some Robocop no fun allowed shit
>>
>>334614263
Keep heading back toward fun and funny. Fuck everything about 4 from the filters to the boo hoo Niko to the shitty driving.

I don't need wacky, SR does that. But I need it to be a game and not a shit one like The Sims. 5 was a nice step but I want a bit more.

RDR was their best serious game because it wasn't whiny and looked like Jersey. MP3 too but that's kinda different for various reasons.

Oh and for god's fucking sake go back to good licensed music. 4 and 5 have like 5 decent songs each. They know they can do better. VC is like a greatest songs of the 80s mixtape and SA went for a certain vibe that even the country songs fit into. 4 was modern trash and 5 had too much waste trying to pretend people listen to half those genres.
>>
File: 33797903.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
33797903.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>>334637994
>There will never be another Over-the-top bike stunts mission, like the skyscraper to skyscraper jumps from VC.
>>
They need to nail down actual core set of mechanics to start with, right now there is a lot of 'here is a gimmick you will see for one mission and never again'

A cool feature would be an agent system like city building games, every npc has a house and a job, they go to the beach or hiking at weekends, fit guys visit the gym and cycle, fatasses go through the burgershot drivethru every day, etc.
It could be used in actual gameplay too, like following a guy to find out his routine for a robbery or kidnapping. Maybe if you kill a ped and you know where he lives you can see the hearse at his house and even follow it to his funeral.
>>
Was anyone disappointed in the shooting of GTA V?

I played MP3 and expected that

Fuck, it was worse than even RDR
>>
>>334636768
So much potential wasted on an empty wasteland.
>>
Female protagonist
>>
>>334638809
> Go on mass killing
> Dozens of hearses roaming the streets
> Huge traffic jam as hearses crowd to get to the cemetary
> Funerals come one after the other

To prevent this, I propose that mass graves be used past a certain limit.
>>
>>334629034
>Parkour
I loved the kind-of parkour that the 3D games era had, and just a bit on IV. Now it just seems like all jumps are fixed.
>>
>>334639430
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>334639685
They could just take a huge van and pick up the bodies direct from the hospital morgue.

Imagine killing a guy, attending his funeral, killing all his extended family and friends, rinse and repeat
>>
>>334617890
nah
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 500x335
>>334640058
>>
>>334640058
If you target one guy and his family then they get taken into police protection, impromptu stealth missions trying to get past the police patrolling their garden
>>
>>334640516
>someone replied to my comment from 4 hours ago with "nah"

I liked switching between the characters though. It allowed me to play out three different roles in one playthrough and, visually, the way you move from one to the other gives a nice sense of being in a complex world where stuff is going on around you, even if that's a lie.

As for the online, it has problems, but I've played over 300 hours of it with friends. It's great for messing and joking around.
>>
>>334615770
A gta set in '70s San Fierro would be glorious.
>>
>>334614263
Get rid of Online. It belongs in the garbage.
>>
>>334614263

Being fun to play
>>
>>334641381
I've had more fun in Online with IRL friends than in SP GTA V.
>>
They need to stop making game mechanics that are introduced in one mission/heist and then never used again. Like the first heist in Online, there is no reason for not being able to rob other bank branches in free-roam. Hell, the insides of the banks haven been fully modeled since launch.
>>
I might be autist, but just going around in an open world game with weapons and vehicles entertain me without doing any missions. Maybe they could improve the reactions of NPCs.
>>
>>334614263
It literally needs far more walk in places

In GTA4 there weren't that many either, there were cluckin bell, burger shots and stuff but few places were actually enterable.

GTA5 there were EVEN LESS places to go into, theres a few hideaways and theres those quicky marts but there are actually less enterable places in GTA5 than in GTA4.

I want to go inside a fast foot place again, I wanna do a shoot-out at a store

GTA5 was seriously lacking
>>
>>334614618
its funny how people are like "it probably wouldnt work on consoles" whenever a crazy idea is purposed. implying your computer wouldn't lag like crazy and force-close with the "GTAVI has encountered a problem" notification after attempting to render all that destruction at one time.
>>
building interiors that actually work with NPCs and stuff

also more strip clubs, nudity, sex and dynamic cum physics
>>
bring back doubble cleff FM

or incorporate support for your favorite music stream service
>>
The cops in GTA V are easily comparable to Agents. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>334646586

They really aren't.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.