[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DS3 harder than other Soulsborne?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 17
File: sellsword_twinblades.png (41 KB, 200x273) Image search: [Google]
sellsword_twinblades.png
41 KB, 200x273
I really love the game so far and I've managed to avoid being spoiled at all excepting for the stress test area. And the game is way harder than I thought it would be.

I've beaten the first dark Souls with a warrior SL4 without any magic, no buff, no cheese strat and I'm currently doing my first playthrough with a dext no poise character. With the starting mercenary sellsword cemetaries.

Is it me who is bad or the game that is way more challenging? I'm at Carthus Catacombs right now and I'm tryharding the Dancer because, I've found out that by killing the girl in the cathedrale you could fight it early. (I just wanted to reach the area with the ladder a bit higher) .

Anyone else having trouble? I think that a dext starting soul level character will be hard to accomplish, but even playing normally it is so satisfying.
>>
Dancer is definitely not an early-level boss, and even with around 30 str, I still don't have the poise to withstand a lot of shit despite wearing fat-roll armor.

As for the game itself, I don't feel like I'm leveling nearly as fast as I'd like to considering my first build in any Souls game is greatsword + pyromancy and miracles. Can't farm bosses either because they all give the exact same amount of souls, which makes no sense to me.
>>
enemies are more aggressive and bosses require more perfect dodges to get through, while giving you less breathing room

anyone who claims its easier just got used to the previous games
>>
Nope, it's probably the easiest Souls game. I died a good 25 times to Ludwig yet no boss in DaS3 took me more than 5 attempts (usually averaging about 2).
>>
>>334595585
I feel the same about the leveling thing. I'm around level 40, and beating The Abyss Watchers gave me just enough to level up twice. I wanted to do a no farm run, but it seems to be way easier depending on your build. One of my friend never had trouble so far because of his heavy armor guy (and he dropped the Black Knight Greatsword , so it might help quite a bit like in the first game.)
>>
>>334595585
they're equal in difficulty.
>>
>>334596317
You had a strength character right? Because my twinblade don't stunlock at all which makes the game more satisfying, but seems to make also things way harder than the usual shield/waiting for an opening strat.
>>
I started off as Deprived, am I gonna git rekt?
>>
>>334596317
Ludwig was DLC, wait for the DLC dude

None of the souls bosses are ever hard, it's always that one DLC boss
>>
File: www.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
www.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
>>334595284
i struggled a lot in the snow area with the spiral case mainly because of the amount of invasions there i remember i was at the entrance and summoned a red soapstone for some 1v1 but didnt see him for like 5mins and by that time i had been invaded by someone else the red phantom i original summoned runs out of nowhere crushes the other red phantom with a zweihander then rolls off the edge and dies.
>>
>>334596535
Nope, faith build, which was total ass.
>>
>>334596695
Nah, the starting club you get is a great weapon. I beat the first boss on my 4th or 5th attempt, after that it was easy as shit.
>>
>>334595284
DS3 is 'difficult' if you solo most bosses. The hardest bosses in the game for me have been;

1. Nameless King
2. Dancer of the Boreal Valley
3. Soul of Cinder
4. Oceiros, Consumed King

The rest were fairly easy once you understood the gimmick or simply _______got gud______

Seems like they took a few cues from Bloodborne and made the game a bit more dodge-intensive, hence why they removed mid-rolling altogether, the way I see it.
>>
>>334596736
Bloodborne is the hardest souls game and your shitposting won't change that.
>>
>>334595585
Poise is shit in this game.
>>
>>334596850
Midrolling was gone in Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>334596868
DS2 DLC bosses where hard, as well.
>>
Invading is shit. People disconnecting when being invaded is getting on my nerve
>>
>>334596961
I have trouble believing that, there was nothing that Dark Souls 2 did that was good.
>>
>>334596868
wut?

are you retarded? when i said souls i also meant bloodborne. i didn't know i had to spell that out for you.
>>
>>334596961
Was it? I could never tell. It never seemed like it was, it always seemed like midrolling was still in place. Regardless, the game still feels more dodge-oriented than DS1 or DS2.

Nothing like BB in terms of dodge-oriented, though.
>>
>>334596868
For you. After 3 games prior it was mid range in terms of difficulty.
>>
>>334597087
He's shittarded don't worry about it,
>>
for me it`s like 5 times harder than Dark Souls 1 and 2

I'm only 2 Hours in and are already thinking on just fucking stop playing
>>
File: 1455466947494.jpg (25 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
1455466947494.jpg
25 KB, 552x594
>>334595284
I'm not sure if it's more difficult but it's much better balanced than previous games.
In DaS1 I beat all bossed, including Biggie & Smalls, just by hugging their backs, spamming R1 and chugging Estus when I was low on health. I didn't even know that roll had i-frames, I barely used the shield at all, and still got through the game without problems.
In DaS3 this tactic won't work on anyone, or at least not on anyone in the second half of the game. You actually need to learn the bosses movements, how to best dodge and avoid them, learn to manage your stamina etc.
It's more balanced, more fair and infinitely more enjoyable than previous games, and this is an achievement considering that other games were already pretty good.
>>
>>334595284
The game is more action paced like Bloodborne. And it's harder exactly so you don't cheese it with a lvl 4 warrior in order to invade low level players.
>>
>>334595284
Balancing is weird a started as Thief and Lotric was a nightmare of 0.2 sec backstab windows on the knight enemies but then the undead settlement became a cakewalk
>>
I died like 20 times to abyss watchers yesterday before I beat them. I think the only other time I died so much against a boss in a From game has been with Kalameet.
>>
>>334595284
Maybe if you are newcomer, or you don't dodge well. Poise is shit, and dodging is really the easiest way to go thru the game.
>>
File: 1459436781963.jpg (34 KB, 539x810) Image search: [Google]
1459436781963.jpg
34 KB, 539x810
>>334597213
I know how you feel, what is up that gosh darn tree boss? This is the first souls boss that is literally just unreasonably difficult.
>>
>>334597413
Weak bait.
>>
>>334597087
Its a falseflag most pcfaats are going around doing thaat because DaS3 is on all platforms and BB is just ps4 so they think they can have some sort of advantage now on ps4 owners? Who fucking cares though
>>
>>334597413
I'm not even there yet

just got slammed by some gate boss

I played through Dark Souls 1 and 2 many times and never felt that they were very difficult but Dark Souls 3 is just fucking ridicules
>>
Which boss does /v/ think was more difficult in comparison?

Nameless King vs. Soul of Cinder
>>
>>334597468
Are there really people like that on 4chan though? I mean is console waring still a thing?
>>
>>334597321
But I will eventually do that nonetheless. The game is even better when the bosses are a pain to get through. The ____dancer_____ has several moves that OHKO me if I don't roll. It is harder than Kalameet was on my SL4 playthrough.
>>
>>334597650
Well, I've beaten Nameless King.
>>
>>334597463
How? Is Noone else having trouble with CRGW? I'm at attempt 20+ and am still getting destroyed by the trash mobs. Every time I get him to phase 2 I simply run out of ways to do damage, I got the tutorial boss first try and vordt after about 11. SL 15 merc.
>>
>>334595585

> Fat rolling
> Ever

I mean if it works for you but but sounds horrible. Trying to I frame through boss attacks...
>>
Dark Souls 3 is the hardest game if you don't pick a straight sword, katana or rapier, and the easiest if you do.
>>
>>334597817
Hm, fair enough. I wiped twice on the Soul of Cinder and about 4 or 5 times of the Nameless King. Albeit I was very tired when I got to Nameless King and I was pretty salty about my numerous deaths.
>>
>>334597823
It's a gimmick boss actually

There are little "egg sacks" hidden on his arms, legs and on his back in phase 2 that you have to hit

Hitting his belly with the arm is suicide
>>
>>334597969
This, fast one handers is easy mode.
>>
>>334597969
That's pretty much how I think it is. Being unable to stunlock with the twinblades make the game way harder. Being obliged to roll back and not being greedy forces you to get better.
>>
>>334597969
What about ultra greatswords?
>>
>>334598225
First time I tried the long sword, and then every other straight sword in my inventory, I was shocked at how fast and easy they were, and even still just as efficient in terms of damage per stamina bar compared to my upgraded weapons.
>>
>>334598251
Tried them, most bosses and enemies have too little recovery time to make any heavy weapons viable. You'll most of the time just trade damage, its doable though but requires patience as you dont have nearly as many attack windows as with faster weapons.
>>
>>334597874

I had to go full Havel's Shield fatroll to beat the Nameless King. He just had way too many moves designed to catch you out (same telegraph for a spell as for a melee attack, etc)

Fuck that guy
>>
>>334598571
What caught me off guard more was him delaying some swings which fucked my dodging up
>>
>Longsword is the best weapon in the game

Bravo Miyazaki
>>
>fatrolling is literally impossible to win with because the bosses attack so fast and hit so hard
so much for wearing heavy armor and a giant weapon
>>
>>334597823
It only took me 2 tries to beat him, but I could see why some people would find him challenging. I only died the first time because I had no idea how to damage him. Once I figured that out, I just bum rushed his egg sacs nonstop until he was in his final phase, then I stayed back and carefully took jabs at his arm.
>>
>>334598679

Pretty sure that katanas still beat the longsword in almost every respect.

Not to mention that they have an incredible parry weapon art, whereas the Longsword has absolutely pointless ones. Why would I choose a quick weapon and then do super slow attacks with it?
>>
>>334598774
Yeah, you could tell that the souls series was heading this way. Greatshields were very OP in DS1, and in DS2 (except for the DLC).

Artorias' Greatshield made both Manus and Kalameet an absolute joke.
>>
>>334598251
I've been doing Guts run ever since I'd picked up the GreatSword in the swamp - it got way harder and made bosses much more challenging. It feels ultra satisfying to trade blows with a boss when a huge swing is timed in the middle of the bosses' attack.
>>
>>334597969
Played with a mace the first half then a great mace the second and I still found it the easiest.
>>
File: 2015-04-03-723815.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1305) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-03-723815.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1305
It's the hardest vanilla game in the Soulsborne series. Anyone that says otherwise is a delusional liar or someone who played the previous for hundreds of hours.

There is a chain of bosses leading up to the final boss that are all Q&S-tier hard. And some even harder.
>>
>>334598672

Yeah, and he's kind of designed so that if you fuck up the first part of a combo, he'll just hammer you down. And of course, there will never be a chance to Estus, which seems to be a running theme with the bosses of DS3/. They all have incredibly punishing anti-heal moves.
>>
>>334597050
PC was a mistake.
>>
>>334599184
What games are 'vanilla' games in the soulsbourne series?
>>
>>334599184
It feels like they took the enemies from BB but you are stuck moving at DaS speed
>>
>>334599184
>O&S tier hard
when will this meme die
Ornstein is fast as fuck which leads you to take him out easily and there are too many pillars in the room for you not to be able to heal and Smough is slow as fuck who will constantly go into a butt slam making the fight even easier
>>
I have a question about NG+. I started it this morning, I'm at Cathedral of the Deep, and so far NOTHING has changed from the first run, except from a few items. Is there nothing new in the entirety of NG+? In Dark Souls 2 you had some cool more enemies, some boss fights changed a little, and you had extra encounters with the pursuers and the duke's dear freja.
>>
>>334599328
Vanilla meaning no DLC attached.

>>334599393
They're still the hardest boss fight in DaS1. And only the final boss in BB put up a challenge. Compare that to DaS3 where a good amount of the bosses will push your shit in.
>>
>>334599437

I have killed Deacons, Dancer and Abyss Watchers so far in NG+ and I have also not come across anything new except for some +1 rings.

Pretty disappointing.
>>
>>334596850
I understand that the dancer was difficult because you did it at the start or something?

Easiest boss of the game if you fight him after the lords of cinder.
>>
>>334598004
Yeah I'm completely aware of this, I pop all the ones I can reach, thus only results in him at about half health with no way to deal damage, getting near the giant hand results in certain death.
>>
File: 1447832192142.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1447832192142.gif
4 MB, 270x263
>>334599565
Demon's Souls
>>
so bloodborne DLC ramped the difficulty up by increasing aggression, enemies are already super aggressive so how will they up the difficulty now? just blatant unfairness?
>>
>>334596850

You put Oceiros in but not Pontiff Sulyvahn?

I two shot Oceiros, he seemed pretty damn easy to me. Perhaps using a shield and being super aggressive in P2 is just a good strat for him.

I did not enjoy Nameless King. P2 was fine, but P1 was incredibly frustrating.
>>
File: 1hp.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1hp.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>334597823
get near his back and he will fall down in phase 2, he has 2 sacks on his back, brings him down to 1/4 hp. Then man the fuck up and take out a foot / arm.
>>
>>334599859
Parry stances

Parry stances for all bosses
>>
>>334598004
>boss has weakness
>IT'S A GIMMICK

Your fucking post is a gimmick
>>
>>334599787

He's got some egg sacks on his legs too.
>>
File: 1459361188345.jpg (2 MB, 2459x2397) Image search: [Google]
1459361188345.jpg
2 MB, 2459x2397
>Done numerous bosses and mini bosses
>Only died to human players or die&repeat mob gank squads while trying to run trough them for saving time.
No anon,game isnt hard. Youre just bad
>>
That area behind the Dancer has normal enemies that hit harder than her and are legitimately harder to kill than her. You might not want to go up there before checking everywhere else out.
>>
>>334599565
I guess people have different strengths, Bloodborne was by far the most challenging game for me out of all the games. There were a ton of bosses that took me a ton of tries to beat, not to mention the dlc bosses and chalice dungeon bullshit. I've been able to beat every boss so far in Dark Souls 3 with relative ease, but people say the last few bosses are tough and I've only just beaten Aldrich, so I guess I'll see.
>>
>>334599996
It's a gimmick insofar that 90% of his body is immune to damage and you need to find and hit his weak-spots

It's not a bad boss but you are not expected to fight his belly and dodge the fleshy arm, rather circle around him and target the weak-spots
>>
>>334600059
sure you did champ
>>
>>334596850
>Seems like they took a few cues from Bloodborne and made the game a bit more dodge-intensive, hence why they removed mid-rolling altogether, the way I see it.
I feel like two different teams made this game. One of them loves shielding, and the other loves dodging and flashy enemy bumrush animations. One team makes the Abyss Watchers, who are satisfying to kite, block, and stunlock, and with heavy attacks giving you enough cues to dodge them on reaction; and then the other team makes le simply epic pontiff who crushes your shield and whose trusts you can't dodge without Jackie Chan reaction times.
>>
>>334600278
You're just shit.
I beat every boss naked with a knife and no rings and only ever died one time when 18 people invaded me at once. I got all of them except 1 and he only got me because he was a hacker.
>>
File: gabe.png (105 KB, 275x296) Image search: [Google]
gabe.png
105 KB, 275x296
>>334600175
>I've only just beaten Aldrich, so I guess I'll see.

Oh god, you will
>>
>>334600278
yep,I bet you can too after playing a bit
>>
>>334600203
That's not really what gimmick means. All bosses have their own weaknesses and strengths.
>>
>>334600369
>still need a knife to beat the game
lmao mate beat the game with throwing knife git gud
>>
>>334600286
>pontiff who crushes your shield
Maybe you just didn't circle strafe? His entire first phase is a literal cakewalk because you can just put up your shield the entire time.
>>
>>334600375
I just got to Lothric Castle. Is it bad?
>>
>>334600175
Yeah Aldrich is easy compared to what comes. Could also be that BB honed your skills enough. But that wouldn't mean that DaS3 is easier than BB. Only that you're better at the games now.
>>
File: 1231133504179.jpg (94 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
1231133504179.jpg
94 KB, 500x341
>>334600369
>>
>>334596961
>Midrolling was gone in Dark Souls 2.
In terms of i-frames, there were no rolling tiers. But if I recall correctly, every 10% of equip load ratio in DaS2 changed slightly the distance that you could roll.
>>
>>334597823
>>334599787
The boss also has smaller sacs on its wrist and ankle, leaving it with a sliver of hp. If you attack the extra arm when it is incapacitated by a burst sac or a particular attack, this won't be a problem.

You can also ignore the mobs since they won't survive the fall - sprint for the front sacs and use a pine bundle to get the job done quickly.
>>
>>334600543
Yeah, because the game has taught you to not circle bosses, people is not doing it anymore, but its a solid strategy against pontiff, he misses half of the attacks.
>>
>>334596850
>1. Nameless King
I found the majority of the difficulty came from the camera being completely fucking awful in the first phase due to how fuckhuge the dragon is. Second phase was pretty sweet

>2. Dancer of the Boreal Valley
I had a rough time of it

>3. Soul of Cinder
Was hard until I got the timing down for dodging his edgy nothin personnel kid attack.

>4. Oceiros, Consumed King
Easy as fuck. What are you doing anon

Takes Ocerios off and put Sully or Champ on there

Champ was especially rough since he never ever fucking stops attacking
>>
>>334600606
No no I'm not a noob and I'm just here to humble brag to anonymous people on the internet about how much better I am at Dark Souls than they are in every thread.

My only contributions to this thread will be discussing how few times I died over the course of the game and how skilled I am.
>>
>>334600543
>Maybe you just didn't circle strafe?
Once I figured out that circle strafing to the right often put me in a blind zone for his attacks, I started wrecking his first phase. His second phase is designed to fuck exactly with that, though, and literally none of the game's core mechanics are effective against him anymore, because you can't space yourself out of the range of both of his clones, you can't use i-frames because the clone's attacks are coming, you can't stunlock them, and you certainly can't block. Maybe I just needed to parry and abuse the invincibility the critical hit animation gave me? Or use Iron Flesh and just tank the hits like it's the Four Kings (even all four of them at the same time were still easier to kite and dodge than these flashy fuckers)? Otherwise, it came down to basically leveling up my vigor and getting more estus, i.e. grinding.
>>
>ITT casuals mad coz bad and replying to people who are better then them
>"you cant be so good,youre lying!"
Git gud faggots,game isnt for casuals. I do take pride in my skill but no need to be so hostile aboit it
>>
File: 1460680862868.gif (1 MB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
1460680862868.gif
1 MB, 300x242
i've mashed my head against the crystal sage for a couple of times, really only facing issues in the second phase. i get that the real one is shooting the purple as opposed to blue, but is there anything that can aid in one not getting perforated by his five assclowns? a shield, maybe? my dodges have been mildly useful against the spellcasting cohorts inside his little ruined fortress.

the great machete and claymore can hack the fucker up easy enough to begin with, but even with heavier armor it's gaem over pretty quick once the blue starts flying.

lighter weapon, maybe?

i imagine that i could have smashed my face against the cunt a few more times and eventually find success but you're my buddies, /v/, even if all you do is bicker amongst yourselves.
>>
>>334599978
>stagger soul of cinder
>while he's down charge R2
>he recovers a frame before the attack goes off and parries so quickly he doesn't even have an animation
>>
>>334601361
that shit happened to me too and I was so fucking mad
>>
>>334601334
Walk through the crystals that get planted to remove clones capacity
A single throwing knife kills a clone
>>
>>334601334
The blue cunts die in one hit so use a fast weapon even if it's just for them.
>>
File: 1415281327915.gif (2 MB, 388x218) Image search: [Google]
1415281327915.gif
2 MB, 388x218
>that feel when you are certain an enemy attack will land on you but it misses by an inch because the hitboxes are superb
>>
Should I link the fire or end the fire?
>>
>>334595284
Speaking of dex builds, can someone who knows please tell me if the hollowslayer greatsword is worth keeping? It has a C scaling, but D in STR so I'm wondering if this is a quality weapon. Also, what shields, if any, are good for dex builds in this game?
>>
I've always gravitated toward two-handing a big sword/hammer and mid-rolling with medium armor in Souls games, but I found that it's just not very viable in DS3. Enemies attack more quickly and more aggressively than you're able to, and eventually start doing WAY too much damage to just "poise through" attacks.

I went with the old sword + board Knight setup after a while, and the game became about ten times easier. It's actually the easiest time I've had with a Souls game so far (though I'm only up to Irithyll).
>>
>>334601524
>>334601553
cheers niggas back into the trench i go
great machete is the bes weapon.
>>
>>334599996
>>334600438
What if instead he just said, "it's a Zelda boss", would you be happier?
>>
>>334601781
You can infuse the Hollowslayer Greatsword with a Sharp Gem to remove the STR scaling and boost the DEX scaling if you want. It's actually a great system.
>>
Really feeling the heat this game too OP. Though I accidentally level Vit like 3 points I think. I've found the name of the game is spacing with heavy weapons Old Wolf Greatsword is getting the job done in fine form and I'm even getting complements for it thanks to voice chat.
>>
>>334601907
I don't think boss weapons can be infused or buffed. You just have to use them as they are, which is why people avoid the vast majority of them.
>>
>>334597650
Gonna go with the Soul.

I mean both are really awesome great boss fights, probably my top two in the entire series, but the latter has significantly more HP, increasing my chances of fucking up in the long run. Hell, I personally found the king of stormspart more difficult as I was getting one shot when unkindled.

The last one is by far the best boss in a souls game though, just because of the music.
>>
>>334597067
Wrong, it's dual wield system and fashion was way better.
>>
>>334601907
Even if I already upgraded it once?
>>
I'm committed to my lucernefu but I fooled around a bit with straight swords and was tempted.
>>
>>334597360
Jesus Christ man, learn2parry.

I'm also pissed the Bandit's Knife isn't the crit machine it used to be.
>>
File: 1460155428778.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1460155428778.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
ATORIAS OR FARRON GREATSWORD
THIS IS THE MOST DIFFICULT DECISION IN MY LIFE
>>
>>334602112
Shit, I forgot that Hollowslayer was a boss weapon. If that's the case, I think you're right.
>>
>>334602325
Farron Greatsword comes with a parrying dagger when you two-hand it. Artorias Greatsword is what you'd expect. Depends on your play style.
>>
>>334601137

Just use summons, dude.

I did. casul 4lyf
>>
>>334602190
Infusing works more like Dark Souls 2, where you spend a stone to convert the weapon as it is. You don't lose weapon levels, and even as the new infused weapon it's still upgraded with the same materials as the normal weapon. There's really no downside to infusing if it gives more damage, as you can always change the infusion later when another one starts scaling better or something.

However, Boss weapons can't be infused so that's out.
>>
I just defeated the boss Old Demon King, and it was by far the worst souls experience I've had (including the worst bits of DS2). First off, the boss was overly difficult for me as a mele character when he gets to his second phase. I figured out how to deal with most of his attacks, but some of the Fire aoe there was just nothing I could do about it and he two shots me with all of his attacks. Finally, I got fed up and decided to summon someone for help for the second time throughout the game and this was the only time I actually felt like I needed someone's help. So I'm already pissed because I'm not happy about this boss but then this just sends it over the edge. The guy I summon has clearly cheat engined the shit out of himself, or hacked in some other way, because he just floats through the guys attacks and just constantly damages him until he's dead within a minute. I didn't even get to fucking fight the boss. The cheating in this game is ridiculous. I feel fucking robbed.
>>
>>334598486
>>334598251
>>334598921
Ultra greatswords are fine

especially astora greatsword as rolling R1 often does far too much damage for rolling r1s and makes you duck many many many many many attacks
>>
>>334597413
Kill all the dudes around him before the fight starts.
As soon as the fight starts, destroy his balls before he can do anything, results in him crushing the floor before he can even do anything. Then you dodge the arm and destroy his balls once again. After that, don't get in range of his arm, take your time, and destroy the remaining balls on his body/feet
>>
>>334602526
Yeah. Damn that sucks because I really like the moveset on it. But to me switching out buffs is more important in the long run. And looking at the sellsword twin blades, just infusing it once gives it an A scaling, and i do dig the moveset on that too.
>>
>>334598251
>>334598486
Retarded, I've been cruising through with a Curved Greatsword just work the spacing game.
>>
I'm at the catherdral of the deep, and I must say the toughest enemy I've faced thus far has to be GIANT ENEMY CRAB
>>
>>334602615
That's a network bug, he isn't cheating.

That happens like 20% of the time when I coop with someone. 10% of the time I can't even enter a fog gate.
>>
>>334602443
Farron is also a high dex weapon
>>
>>334602615
That whole area is optional, and considering the shit you get there it's probably intended for later in the game than when you can reach it.

Also the area seems like a poorly designed afterthought. Easily the worst thought out area in the game at least. You've got immediate access to a boss, and then a very large entirely optional dungeon that ultimately leads to only turning off the arbalist that you have no reason to turn off because you just completed the entire area to reach it. Place is just fucking weird.
>>
>>334602948
>Oh, I bet that guy's slow as hell, I'll just use this pine resin before he gets here
>Crab runs right up in my face
>Pounds me to death with its claw like a fucking Tom and Jerry cartoon
>>
>>334603050
yeah, but he didn't take damage either. He just cut him down like there was nothing. But the boss also was basically stalled the entire time. Like it was constantly stunlocked. It wasn't a fight, it was totally trivialized. Maybe the dude was just that gud? It seems unlikely.
>>
>>334602291
>Jesus Christ man, learn2parry.

>Parrying is the only way to get through the game
I bet you're one of the morons who call Gwen easy, because of the parrying and never tried to beat him without using it.
>>
>Invade
>Oh look,phantom
>Greet him
>he shoots a soul arrow
>dodge it and roll under the second one
>fuck him up
>Host is afk
>Backstab and he starts jugging crazy after it
>fuck him up
>4k souls
Quite a amount for undead settlement. Not much but it was fun
>>
>>334603124
huh, that is weird. I haven't gone through the dungeon yet. I only went there to continue the quest with horace.
>>
How far away from Abyss Watchers is Irithyll? I want dem Twinspears.
>>
>>334603203
I have a video of the bug if you don't care about seeing the second last boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RroAHRFArP8
>>
>>334603331
One fairly short, linear area between the Watchers and Irithyll.
>>
>>334603341
well, I will take your word for it. I have avoided spoilers up until now.
>>
>>334603203
No, it's a bug. You need to turn matchmaking on to minimize it as much as possible.

Try getting summoned by some Aussie and you'll be able to just wail on something like the Cursed Tree.
>>
How do you get the lift to go up after beating the fire daemon with onion knight?
>>
>>334603203
I helped an eurocuck friend of mine once and the boss couldn't damage me. It's just a bug.
>>
>>334603631
try rolling off
>>
>>334603631
Hmmmm
>>
I can't beat that dragon riding boss in Archdragon peak. 20 tries and I cant even solo kill that dragon and I know its just phase one of the fight.
>>
File: 1447836180718.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447836180718.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>334603631
This poster is Onion Knight - It's best to let him ponder it out
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (9 KB, 188x228) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
9 KB, 188x228
>>334603791
>>
>>334602325
>Implying it's hard
Farron is a shit tier weapon for PVE and PVP

>Slow
>High stamina usage
>Not enough damage
>In PVP it can be blocked at any point for a free backstab if you choose to do only one attack
>If you go for two it's a free parry
>>
File: 1460815913923.gif (2 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1460815913923.gif
2 MB, 512x512
>>334603130
That fucking delayled claw smash, being able to swipe in either direction and that speed that makes it near impossible to stay behind him. Oh and he's got a friend!
>>
>>334603812
the dragon bird is way easier than it looks. stay near the head, if you go near the feet he'll just fly off and breathe fire at you.

roll into his attacks, the only two in that form that has weird timing is the charge lightning one, you have to stay on the bird's right side and roll into the king himself.

when he flies roll after he throws the lightning, and when he comes in roll again, but the bird's talons will also hit you, so roll diagonal towards him to avoid both.

once you get him half way or so the bird staggers and you can visceral attack him for basically the other half
>>
>>334603752
>>334603519
oh I see. that is disappointing, but at least the game is not plagued by online cheating. Thank you, I'll do that.
>>
>using zweihander for most of game
>bosses start getting frame traps after their combos
>switch to long sword that has faster startup frames
>one shot bosses
>>
>>334604783
If there's one thing I don't like in those games, is being a Jack of all trade. My current playthrough is twinblade focused, and will be so until the end of the game. Switching between a Zweihander and a katana makes absolutely no sense. You don't play a Dark Souls just to get to the end.

Or if it is the case, you've understood nothing.

I mean, beating the Abyss watchers with ranged attacks or melee ones, is completely different. You don't play the same way at all. The game only gets better if you try several builds.
>>
>>334601621

I've caught myself saying "If this were DS2 that would have hit me."
>>
>>334596868
Naw i breezed through bloodbourne only bosses i had trouble with were the hunter bosses cause i used the great sword and i didint parry at all.
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.