[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evil (REmake) Gamecube vs Remastered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg (75 KB, 333x472) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg
75 KB, 333x472
So, how does it fare? Is it a shitty job that butchers the art like the FFX and Silent Hill remasters, or is it actually good?

Are there any visual effects or features from the Gamecube missing?
>>
>>334589053
It's pretty good. Only thing it removes is the campy B-movie appeal of the original game,
>>
Textures are kinda shitty, Zero looks far better.
>>
it's fine.
the 2D backgrounds look kind of shitty in screenshots but I've played through it 5 times on PC and I don't notice them while playing, the overall feel is really good.

I would not bother with the GCN release anymore.
Also don't believe anyone who says the new control scheme is better.
I used it for one playthrough just because it was a CQC invisible enemy run and I didn't want to strain my hand, but it's really garbage.
>>
>>334589170
How so? I mean, sure in comparison to the original PS1 game, but in comparison to the Gamecube remake?

>>334589271
Shittier than the Gamecube one?

>>334589403
Thanks. So it's basically the same game with wide screen resolution and better FMVs, textures and pre-rendered backgrounds?
>>
>>334589787
>Thanks. So it's basically the same game with wide screen resolution and better FMVs, textures and pre-rendered backgrounds?
wide screen is a plus, I generally avoid wide-screen patches but it's pretty flawless in this game.
FMVs aren't amazing, they weren't re-rendered from source at 1080p obviously so you're no better or worse than the GCN release.
Textures seem to be better, it's very polished.
Backgrounds were always prerendered, the new release was criticized for using filters on the older renders to make them look more HD, you notice it when you look for it in screenshots but during play it all looks great.
>>
Zero's Remaster was fantastic since they had thr assets. REmake wasn't so lucky, some of the remaster looks nice, other parts are HORRIBLE.

Also, don't use the new controls.
>>
>>334589940
Thanks breh, I was thinking if I should replay it on PC or on my GC+CRT but I guess I'll stick to PC.

>>334590001
Thanks tripfag.
>>
Had a blast with a Wii REmake. Should i play RE2 or Zero now?
>>
REmaster is better if only for 60 fps.

The backgrounds are really good for the most part. Better than playing REmake on dolphin and having it look like you're walking around on a jpeg
>>
The HD Remaster is fine. I have owned the GC original since it came out, but going back to it with the PC's remaster is much easier on your eyes.

For the most part it looks gorgeous as fuck. Luckily you don't have to use the crappy new 2D control scheme.

>>334589170
OP was asking about GC REmake vs PC HD remaster of the REmake, not RE1 vs REmake.

all in all, REmake is superb though.
>>
>>334589053
Latest version is the best. Not sure why people have this impression after Silent Hill HD that every remaster is ass. On average they're usually "meh" (RE4 HD) to pretty good, which REmake is. It's better than the original but that's not saying much. There wasn't a whole lot to improve without reworking the entire visual side of the engine. Great game in general.
>>
>>334590840
Zero's remaster then 2. It'd be quite jarring to jump back to retro after playing REmake. Also save the best for later.
>>
>>334591256
Thanks.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.