[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DeSouls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: demons-souls.jpg (174 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
demons-souls.jpg
174 KB, 960x540
Finally beat Demons Souls,pic related. What should I play next? I have PC, PS3 and PS4. I hear Dark Souls isn't as good.
>>
File: 1460775433017.png (457 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1460775433017.png
457 KB, 512x512
I love it when new Soul games cause a resurge of older titles with hundreds of players.
>>
Honestly Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 are shit, just stick with bloodborne
>>
>>334568524
Demon's Souls will always be god-tier. I almost prefer DaS1 because it's more open-world. That said definitely play DaS1, maybe skip 2 because it just wasn't as good as the others (it was a lot less clunky though i'll give it that).

In short, just play the whole series including BB apart from DaS2
>>
Should I play DaSouls 1 and 2 on PC, ps3, or ps3+ps4?
>>
>>334569045
Honestly of you like one souls game you will most likely enjoy them all

Dark souls 2 is the weakest in the series and has it's problems but is still a great game
>>
>>334569096
Play DaS1 on PC with DSfix, as for the second one play the SotFS edition on either PS4/PC
>>
>>334569210
I wouldn't call it great desu but yeah it still was relatively enjoyable. At it's core it was still a Souls game and that's all that matters
>>
>>334569210
>Honestly of you like one souls game you will most likely enjoy them all

Eh maybe. Not OP but I platinumed Demon's Souls and only played through Dark Souls once. It felt like too much of the same thing. If you're cool with that you'll probably like the whole series though.
>>
File: 1455172698564.png (324 KB, 850x531) Image search: [Google]
1455172698564.png
324 KB, 850x531
>>334568524
Dark Souls and Bloodborne are both great. Avoid Dark Souls II.
>>
Honestly bloodborne is my favourite

They're so great though
>>
If you liked DeS you'll likely enjoy DaS 2.
Ignore the memetards, DaS2 has that slow, kind of delayed rolling gameplay DeS has and a similar hubworld.

DaS1 has way more precision and split second timing.
>>
>>334568524
If you have a PC, PS3 and PS4, then you should just play them all. Only DS2 is noticeably worse, but it's still good nevertheless.

You may or may not like Bloodborne. It's not worse, but it's different.
>>
Demons is godly but so is Dark. Dark however is very different, it's bright, it's got almost happy moments, magic works differently, it's slower, it's more linear since DeS is just open in 5 ways, Dark is also more forgiving because unlimited estus refills and it's just balanced outwardly. Both are amazing. Dark lacks the atmosphere DeS has.
>>
Dark Souls II is the objectively less good one. It's a good game but the standard is high for this series so it comes up short.

Dark Souls and Bloodborne are both great and definitely worth playing. You'll notice nobody is talking about Dark Souls III, and that's just because it's very hard to form a solid opinion on a Souls game this early, so nobody really knows without just playing it through yet.
>>
>>334569670
The gameplay in DaS2 was actually the least egregious part of the whole experience, as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>334568524
Play Bloodborne next; it's better than DeS and Dark Souls. Haven't played DkS 3 yet, can't really comment on it.
DkS2 is mediocre. Has some good parts, but really doesn't hold a candle to the rest of the series.
You'll definitely enjoy DkS, but the second half of the game is undeniably shit. Loads of open, obviously rushed areas with only a couple of good boses. First half is really good.
>>
>>334568524

Dark souls 1 and 3 are worth playing. Bloodborne as well. 2 is skippable but play it if you want more of the same.
>>
>>334568524
Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, Bloodborne are the essential entries in the series.

Dark Souls 3 is basically a celebration of those 3 titles so it's also recommended.

Dark Souls 2 is the weak entry in the series you can take it or leave it.
>>
>>334570590
One thing that I found kinda shitty about Dark was that up until Quelaag, bosses don't drop anything besides a humanity and a homeward bone or a key most of the time, rather then getting a unique soul from everything. It felt like a real step down from DeS, where even Vanguard gives you a soul, and I've got no idea why they backloaded all that stuff so heavily
>>
>>334568524
you're right dark souls sucks. just play bloodboorn and then you will have only played the exclusive sony games and can now shitpost about how they're the only decent games like a contrarian.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.