[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fucking story is told outside cutscenes. No 15min+ movies.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
File: MGS5(10).jpg (48 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
MGS5(10).jpg
48 KB, 640x360
The fucking story is told outside cutscenes. No 15min+ movies. No more intrusive codec calls.

But you still complain about being "too much gameplay and no story".
>>
Do you think platinum will make more games? Id be fine with them salvaging chapter 51 and making something different from that.
>>
>>334563571
I wish there was something like "Kingdom of The Flies - The Game"

This thing already has 70 hour of endless missions. The hanging ending for Eli was perfect for introducing new material to the series instead just filling TPP with another mission.
>>
Disarm the nukes faggots.
>>
Great, now I have to listen to hours of shitty cassette tapes to get the story instead of watch cutscenes! Behold, the power of the Fox Engine!
>>
>>334563391

There's such a thing as a happy medium you braindead retard. How many times are you going to make this thread?
>>
>MGS4
>/v/ bitches about too many cutscenes
>MGSV
>/v/ bitches about lack of cutscenes

this place is retarded
>>
>>334566127

see >>334566034

jesus christ
>>
>>334563687
>70 hour of endless missions

nigger what
>>
>>334566170
settle down, Beavis. It wasn't there while I was making a post.
>>
>>334566127

More like bitching that the main character is suddenly a mute.
>>
I never should have bought in to the hype for this game. I really liked ground zeroes but TPP was so disappointing. Nothing about it was satisfying. The open world was literally not needed! They just made it like that to show off their engine. I would have loved a more concentrated game with distinct levels. Maybe then they would have had time to actually finish the game.
>>
>>334566034
This

I never thought I'd bash a game for having too much gameplay and not enough cutscenes, but then MGSV came along

Kojima took the "MGS4 had too much story" complaints to heart clearly, but got a bit overzealous in fixing it
>>
MGSV is a good game fite me
>>
>>334566302

The fact that you made the post in the first place makes you a retard who can't understand nuance.

>save a guy from nearly drowning in the ocean
>"hey bro thanks for saving me but I'm a bit thirsty, do you know where I can get a drink of water?"
>"WHAT THE FUCK I JUST PULLED YOU OUT OF THE WATER, NOW YOU WANT WATER AGAIN? MAKE UP YOUR MIND!"
>>
>Spend the first 40mins of the game crawling around on the floor like a faggot
>Open world Afghanistan, the world is fucking dead
>Ocelot isn't Ocelot at all, who the fuck is this imposter
>Punished for killing anyone

I don't even want to go on I don't feel like being a salty bitch today. The game isn't metal gear at all, I feel like Kojima intentionally made the game bad because of the bad blood between him and Konami and we had to pay the price. Fuck everything about mgsv
>>
File: 1455428676384.png (253 KB, 448x450) Image search: [Google]
1455428676384.png
253 KB, 448x450
>>334566992
>Punished for killing anyone
Are you fucking new?
You're not supposed to kill anyone in an mgs game. You sneak past them like you're not a brain dead monkey.
>>
>>334567380
>Can research a plethora of weapons
>Not allowed to use them

People defend this
>>
>>334567513
I'm talking about the good MGS games.
>>
>>334567715
Then you are correct. MGS2 was a pleasure to complete 100%
>>
I don't mind people who dislike MGS V because they thought the gameplay was bad or they wanted more linear sneaking.

But seriously, fuck the faggots that hate this because it's not MGS 4 Part 2. The move away from the half hour long cutscenes was the right move. Fuck the faggots that think the story of this game is bad but are perfectly fine with the travesty that was MGS 4, when it raped the story of all the previous games.
>>
>>334566992
>blublublu crawl on the floor like faggot
>punished for killing anyone
>ocelot isn't ocelot(a Russian cowboy)
>isn't metal gear

fuck off out of here faggot
>>
>>334567513
>how dare the game give me options
>using guns only for killing(not shooting out lights etc.)

You're a fucking queer.
>>
My gripe with the story was that it feels incredibly disconnected and not at all like you're in a medium where a story is being told.

All the other MGS games had a blend of gameplay and cutscenes and a linearity that told a story as you went along.

In MGS5 it's - Play 4 missions that don't relate to the story at all, get a cutscene. Play another 2, get a call from Kaz rambling about Cipher. Play another 6, suddenly get blasted with a bunch of story, then it just disappears and you're back to doing random missions for no tangible purpose relating to the story.

So the story is told entirely through cutscenes but there's not very much as is.
>>
>>334563391
>But you still complain about being "too much gameplay and no story".
I complained about the poor story, not the lack of story.

There is only 1 good idea in the entire plot, which is the effect of language in warfare. Pretty great idea and would have been interesting for them to actually show more about it.

Instead we got fucking nano- I mean parasites. And at least nano machines were shown in light of their strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>334568221
MGSV literally does the exact same thing.

Do you have any idea how fucked your body gets from the parasite therapy?

Go replay shining lights.
>>
>>334563391
>The fucking story is told outside cutscenes
And the story was crippled and retarded because of that
>>
>>334568067
>Only uses weapons to shoot out lights

Do you know how retarded that sounds? I think you need to really have a look at who the faggot is here

>BUT ITS A METAL GEAR GAME

So you never killed anyone in any of the others with your silenced USP? bullshit.
>>
>>334568418
>MGSV literally does the exact same thing.
As MGS4 in showing the effects of language in warfare? No, it doesnt. Go play the game.
>>
I've had some of the most fun of my entire gaming life doing operator shit in MGSV.
>>
>>334568503
No moron.

The strengths and weaknesses of nanomachines. The parasite therapy isn't some isn't badass solution, it really fucks your shit up.
>>
>>334563391
The story is a bunch of tape recordings which still don't provide a cohesive narrative about how this really affects the MG universe as a whole.

It's more like "Well this thing happened, I know you never heard of it before, but it totally happened, I swear."

It's not a bad thing for a story to be self-contained, but Kojima spinned MGSV as the definitive end of the series and the missing link between Peace Walker and Metal Gear. When it turned out to be neither. He promised this heart-wrenching epic of a man-turned-demon searching for revenge while losing a part of himself. It wasn't that, either.

It was a flaccid story about the most heroic guy in the Metal Gear verse rescuing war orphans which 1/3rd of it was cut out. Even with that 1/3rd it didn't answer even half of the questions that it promised it would answer.
>>
>>334568715
Yeah look you're going to have to learn English before you try to post on this board.
>>
>>334566693
It's a good game, but an average MGS.
>>
>>334566745
>eating analogies
you never fail /v/
>>
No, I complained about it being awful.
>>
>>334566127
>>334563391
>MGS4 has something like 90 minutes of continuous uninterrupted cutscenes at one point in the game and has so much unnecessary detail it even retcons shit that didn't need explaining
>MGSV probably has 30 minutes of actual cutscenes total, doesn't wrap up half the shit it starts, the few important bits of story are scattered across a billion boring fucking tapes, and the biggest event in the story is still just a retcon of an event that had already been explained T W I C E

One extreme to another isn't fucking good. I'd take MGS4's cutscene overload any day, at least you can skip the shit if you don't want it.
>>
>>334563391
Don't mind the mongoloids. If anyone actually thinks that they were excessive in pruning cutscene time, they're a fucking eggplant and should be gassed.

The problem with the game lies in the actual gameplay
>>
>>334568221
>There is only 1 good idea in the entire plot, which is the effect of language in warfare.

how many do you fucking need ? the premise was Madara-tier brilliant. it really was a weapon to surpass nuclear.

but that aside I think MGS V is another case of FF XII, the root of every complain concerning the game is its open world nature.
>>
The challenge is making varied mission that tell a story. If you don't confront this challenge, you've failed from the start. It's not a matter of choosing all game or all story.
>>
>>334571296
>The challenge is making varied mission that tell a story.

and in that front W3 and MGSV have been the best open world games in years.
>>
>>334570807
Consider why it was made that way. There's an interview where Kojima explains exactly why this is the case.
>>
There's no real reward for using stealth, so I just went full nigger warlord and shoot my way through the missions. It's actually fun as fuck once you give up on the notion of stealth.

>AN ENEMY GUNSHIP
>IT COULD BLAST YOU IN HALF
>GO SNEAK AROUND LI
>*missiles*

Yeah fuck all y'all faggots. I clear maps in like 30 seconds and pile up the corpses. I'm already a demon.
>>
>>334571465
Everyone knows. It's still shit.
>>
>>334563391
I liked this game, I don't really give two shits about the underage contrarian opinions in this shithole. However, it is so painfully obvious that content was cut in order to speed the release. An entire section of the game is missing, and they're like "LOL THAT'S THE PHANTOM PAIN;)"

Just no, fuck that shit. At least reoease some dlc to finish this shit you unethical faggots. God damn that makes me so angry. Gameplay wise though, this game is near perfect.
>>
>>334571495
>not using the masterrace tactics
You start out with stealth fagging around having fun

and as soon as you are seen you go full prototype mode and buttblast every1 m8.

MGS V means starting stealthy and switching to terminator just for the keks. no better game
>>
>>334571495
>It's actually fun as fuck once you give up on the notion of stealth.

objectively MGS series were never really the best in stealth but they were very creative. V was pretty much the first game in the series with seriously good stealth gameplay that can stand up to pretty much everything else. And you ruined it for yourself.
>>
>>334567883
Taking everyones dog tags in all difficulties and 300 vr missioms were fun?
>>
>>334572646
Yes, but that was back when video games were fun
>>
>>334571495
>>334571934

You don't even need to be sneaky to be stealthy, and you don't need to kill everyone to go balls to the walls either.

I sprinted around spamming smoke grenades with night vision goggles, rocket punches, sprint punches, and the non-lethal SMG. I never had to go slow, but I was rarely seen and didn't have to kill people either.

Smokes are overpowered. So is the sandstorm for side ops.
>>
>>334568115
I always though that they should have just cut the unnecessary missions, or at least made them side ops. I recently did a playthough where I only played the story important missions and it massively fixed the game's pacing. Sure, it'd technically be shorter, but it's already a long game with a lot of post-game stuff. Speaking of which, if they didn't hyper Chapter 2 as the second part of the game and instead just called it the post-game, there would not have been as many complaints.
>>
>>334566127
>/v/ is one person
>>
>>334566127
Oh fuck off. Fucking 90% of MGSV's cutscenes were shown in trailers leading up to it and MGS4 was a literal 24 hour movie marathon
>>
>>334571495

wait.... there are people who DONT shoot down the Gunships as soon as they can?
>>
>>334570807
>30 minutes total
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvqeEYEtXAk
>>
>>334570951

you're literally the only person to hold this opinion
>>
>>334574468
>90% of the video is helicopter rides, post mission codec, automatic codecs during gameplay, listening to tapes in the AAC, and fucking cut content
>also includes the full credits 3 times

Thanks for proving my point for me, idiot.
>>
>>334574468
>including the ones where you sit at the helicopter to listen to the tapes
>including the credit scroll
>including the repeated tutorial
>including the cut content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwowXkysk2o

It should be around 4 hours.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.