[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is fucking amazing. I can't wait for it to come out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: overwatch.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
This game is fucking amazing. I can't wait for it to come out
>>
Fuck off shill
>>
>>334557176
This place makes me miss reddit -_-
>>
>>334557176
fuck off nigger
>>
>>334557126
i felt an empty space in my heart after the beta was over
>>
manufactured community
>>
>>334557126

honestly me too. Too bad all the 12 year olds around here love to meme and call everything a shill.
>>
I'm glad they'll have an all out open beta so I can finally determine for myself if it's worth a buy.
>>
>>334557398
oh god i hope this dumb buzzword doesn't get forced
>>
>>334557459
They will? When?
>>
Nice manufacture comminuty, blizzshill
>>
>>334557398
what the fuck are you talking about

>>334557459
if you enjoyed tf2, you'll either love this or hate it. it's also nice to be able to play in pubs without 10 year olds and mlp faggots
>>
>>334557126

No one cares.
>>
>>334557792
I care
>>
(>^_^)> >>334557254 <(^_^<)
shh it's okay sweetie
>>
>>334557126

It's nto amazing by any means. I'll be honest and say that I had some fun, but it justa decently made team-based class-based shooter.

It only seems AMAZING if you are literally new to PC shooters and never played the genre before.
>>
>>334558067
How many decent team based class based shooters are there?
>>
>>334557872

That's because you get paid to market on an imageboard
>>
>>334558218
Whatever helps you sleep at night mate
>>
Boring as fuck free to play game that cost 60 bux. Have fun with that shit for a few weeks assholes
>>
>>334558067
I think that if they support it right and add more characters and content as they go the game can do really well. I really enjoyed how polished and solid the gameplay felt. A strong solid core game that works is pretty rare these days. I think because i played the doom beta along with it made it look ten times better
>>
>>334558195

Out of the top of my head?

Team Fortress 2, Dirty Bomb, Monday Night Combat, Tribes:Ascend

I'd argue Killing Floor.
>>
>>334558306
Why are you so mad that people can enjoy a video game without complaining like the little jaded fuck that you are
>>
>>334558481
Overwatch is better than all of them.
>>
File: 1429200161579.jpg (45 KB, 466x318) Image search: [Google]
1429200161579.jpg
45 KB, 466x318
>>334558306
>k free to play game that cost 60 bux. Have fun with tha

First off its 40 ding dong dollars unless you care about shit skins.

Second, eh its alright.
>>
>>334558569

Give me arguments for that?
>>
This was too short.
>>
The game seems moderately entertaining, but certainly not well-put-together enough to justify its price tag. It falls in a very unappealing middleground between an FPS and an ASSFAGGOTS, and fails to bring out the strengths of either.

Every match is too much of a clusterfuck compared to TF2, or really any other FPS, which is remarkable considering that you're locked into 6v6 games.
>>
>>334558498
The game isn't that good for many fucking reasons, go back to R so you can have your safe circle jerk hug box faggot

>>334558613
40 for pc 60 for consoles.

>>334558618
There really isn't any overwatch is just a generic safe fps
>>
It's shit. Battleborn is better.
>>
Whether or not you even like the game, this is clearly where all of Blizzard's talent went, because it's obviously not anywhere near HotS or WoW

I really don't want to give Blizz money but I'm actually enjoying this a lot
>>
>$60
nah, I'm good. I'd have fun for a week or two, then drop it and move on to another game.
>>
>>334558618
Nah just my opinion
>>
>>334558308

Well, I dunno. TF2 had the advantage of having weapon loadout and you could really work interesting stuff with varied weapons and such.

Also I just think the core game is just barely solid, they were this close of losing me several times in terms of interest.

Oh, and yes, that Doom beta was LAAAAAME. dear fucking god, Bethesda must be really banking on the mod community to make the multiplayer thing succeed.
>>
>>334558969
It's $40
>>
>>334558884
No fucking way dude.
>>334558969
Get that ADHD checked out.
>>
File: 1399690036937.png (1 MB, 1166x903) Image search: [Google]
1399690036937.png
1 MB, 1166x903
>>334558969
>being a consolebabby

Children aren't allowed on this board.
>>
>>334559113
Yeah fucking way, Battleborn has actual depth.
>>
This game is fucking soulless. it feels like an amalgamation of a bunch of popular games that are all more successful doing what overwatch attempts to do. The shooting doesn't feel satisfying, I feel like I'm playing an RPG or the division with all the ridiculous healing and amounts of damage people can take. the abilities all seem like they were all taken from MOBAs and put into a game that has no business having them, the classes don't have any heart, they're all just there to fill their moba ability quota and do the muh diverse roster of supa dupa wacky characters.

The game already has the loot crate bullshit that cawadooty has to add in the addiction factor, because blizzard can't ever be original and has to do what other devs do. I really hope this game flops, because if this is all blizzard has to show after scrapping a game that probably would have been better than this sad, soulless attempt to hook players with microtransactions, that's embarrassing
>>
>>334559305

I dunno, I get where you are coming from, but I wouldn't say soulless. I enjoyed the designs of pretty much every character and the style of the game is top-notch.

But I can see your points about the gameplay itself. Shooting shotguns with the reaper doesn't feel half as satisfying as shooting shotguns in many other games, for example.
>>
File: kaplam.png (615 KB, 1145x607) Image search: [Google]
kaplam.png
615 KB, 1145x607
>>334559305
soulless
>>
>$0.01 has been deposited into your account
>>
>>334559210
L O L
>>
>>334559661
did you mean to quote me or the anon above you? you lazy eyed fuck
>>
File: tfw playing duo.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tfw playing duo.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I like it, especially after playing battlenborn

Battleborn feels like fps league or dota. You have to choose something to change after you level up, you push with minions. It's just a fps moba, but with gearbox's shooting and movement - which feels mediocre. It's nowhere near as smooth as other AAA games.

Overwatch feels more like an arena shooter. Yes, there are abilities, but you never level them up or change throughout the match.
Playing with up to 3 friends is fun, but past that, games become really competitive. You HAVE to play a good comp and react to their picks, it becomes less fun. It's pretty fun to play with 2 people and just thrive on the chaos.

There is some unfair feeling in it, Mei is cancer, Tracer is the most annoying thing I've seen in a pvp game, Route 99 is a shit map, and sometimes the server tickrate does come through, like dying behind walls.

I'm more than likely buying this game after my experience with it, since I usually wont be playing with a group larger than 3 people.
>>
>>334558195
A bunch, it's literally "in" right now. The only one that isn't at least a little fun is F2P trash Paladins
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.