[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove to me that Hotline Miami 1 is better than Hotline Miami 2.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 470x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 470x640
Prove to me that Hotline Miami 1 is better than Hotline Miami 2.
>>
Stages don't railroad you.
>>
>>334556882

Why? Prove to me that HL2 is better.
>>
>>334557097
More responsive controls, better visuals, longer, harder (I prefer to have more challenge), better story, different characters, newer weapons, and a late but fun level editor that even comes with Jacket and all the masks from the first game.
>>
I couldnt get hotline miami so work before so as somoene who just played it recently, its fun for a playthrough, but thats its unless youre a faggot. Story has nothing to do with shit
Tell me when HM2 costs 2$ and ill check into it
>>
>>334557916
Totally agree. Hotline Miami is fun for a playthrough and maybe replaying a level or two in a while. However, I found myself replaying Hotline Miami 2 a lot for the reasons that I stated above. Sure, there's a bunch of windows and giga niggas, but after a while, you adapt to it and it shouldn't be such a big problem.
>>
>>334556882
I won't
I liked HM2 more
>>
>>334556882
level design was garbage compared to the first. so many levels with tons of open space that pretty much restricts you to using guns.
>>
>>334558678
Is it wrong if I like open space and using guns?
>>
hm1 doesn't have corey
>>
>>334558390
I forgot to mention better music, too.
>>
File: 1460689254498.jpg (712 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1460689254498.jpg
712 KB, 1280x960
In HM1 you could see your opponents at the same time they saw you. In HM2 you literally need to die in order to figure out where some enemies are because they're completely out of your line of sight. This means you can't really predict their movements with speedrunner level attention to detail and it doesn't make for a fair game feel. - You're forced to go a certain way despite the larger levels.

The larger levels - You're forced a certain way anyway. The dogs and big guys mean you'll need to use certain weapons often as opposed to rarely. Worst of all, death is a problem. It used to not matter because the levels were small, fast paced, fun! But the lack of checkpoints make dying a chore.

Some of the boss fights need guides but this is a problem in both games. HM games in general suck at explaining mechanics in a fair way, when death is more punishing it gets worse and worse.
>>
File: 1460231481436.jpg (31 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1460231481436.jpg
31 KB, 601x508
>>334559682
Also, storywise -

HM = Surprisingly good at conveying senseless violence and makes a mockery of closure with their ending. Pretty sure this is brilliant mainly by accident.

HM2= The violence has sense and meaning but its just ambiguously explained. The characters are no longer mockeries per se, but some like The Fans, Manny Pardo and the actor whose name I've forgotten are bit-playing memes I don't think were given the right kind of attention. With that said Beard, Evan, The Son and Richter are delightfully well fleshed out and that makes playing most of their levels more satisfying. Jake sits somewhere in the "meh" level as understandable but unrelatable and kind of a nothing to the game's overall feel except for us to glimpse the workings of a pawn.
>>
>>334559682
After dying a few times and studying where the enemies are, it pretty much becomes fast-paced. Either way, I'm okay with slower paced gameplay. As for bosses... Well... No one gives a fuck about the bosses in either games except for the Biker fight and the last fight with The Father. Hotline Miami had 4 boss battles in total that no one remembers or gives a shit about.
>>
>>334560168
>The violence has sense and meaning but its just ambiguously explained.
Does violence even need sense or meaning?
>>
>>334559203
lol, no
>>
File: martin.png (32 KB, 634x665) Image search: [Google]
martin.png
32 KB, 634x665
what was the point of martin?
>>
>>334563065
Pig Butcher =/= Martin
>>
File: haahwaaw.jpg (82 KB, 465x585) Image search: [Google]
haahwaaw.jpg
82 KB, 465x585
Reminder me again, /v/, what was the best track from 2 and why was it She Swallowed Burning Coals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1arKeQ3Y53Y
>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL_pBJN_O3M
>>
>>334561075
As evidenced by Hotline Miami 2, no.
>>
>>334563065
Having one of the coolest levels with one of the most bitchin tracks
>>
>>334556882
less fucking glass
>>
>>334556882
enemies are more challenging by way of having about twice the response time HM2 enemies do. Baiting enemies to come to you in HM1 is much more dangerous

That said, the Tony mask is broken
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.