[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In terms of gameplay, is MGSV the best third person shooter ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1207x608) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1207x608
In terms of gameplay, is MGSV the best third person shooter ever?
>>
>>334556235

It's not even the best Metal Gear 3PS, kek.
>>
>>334556235
I think the aiming feels off

I know its just a console thing but certain games feel like the aiming sensitivity is imbalanced between vertical and horizontal and make it hard to aim diagonally, I guess.

MGSV is like this.
>>
It's certainly the most fluid in the series but overall the gameplay is nothing to write home about
>>
At the very least it's likely the best controlling and mechanically sound TPS.
>>
MGSV has what I feel to be arguably the best gameplay of all time.
>>
>>334556235
Yes
>>
>>334556619
This may be true, but you're almost never put into a situation that uses the mechanics to their fullest extent. Unless you play like a reckless retard, anyway.
>>
movement wise yes but the shooting is meh, it takes a lot of shots to kill somebody and the guns feel weak.
>>
>>334556235
No. Far from it.

>Shitty cover mechanics
>clunky aiming
>floaty movement
>lack of semi-auto

Even Gears of War is better, and it should come as no surprise, since Kojima actually wanted to work with Cliff.B.
>>
>>334556235
No

It's shit.

Get over it
>>
Max Payne 3 is better.

That "MGS V has amazing gameplay" meme needs to end. It's perfectly good, especially in a time where good stealth games are really rare but it's not that exceptional. You are just trying to convince youself that MGS V was in some way not a dissapointment.
>>
>>334556371
yeah, it is
>>
>>334559865
There are "Extreme" and "Subsistence" missions for a reason, so you won't be sniping around like a faggot.

Actually, there are countless ways to finish missions. As an example, I managed to finish a certain mission with only C4's, then with a single air strike, then sniping and finally CQCing stuff. And yeah, the same mission has a "Subsistence" setting to fuck everything up. It's the "destroy communication equipment x3".

The game gives you infinite tools, you just have to decide if you're going to kill everything 200m away or complete it like a man.
>>
MGSV is nothing but responsive controls. The actual mechanics are pretty ass.

The shooting is loose as fuck and the vehicles are also awful. The cover system is borderline useless and every other system besides those are borderline automatic.

Max Payne 3 has far better shooting, controls just as well and is all about player skill.

So no Max Payne 3, hell even Max Payne 2 are better TPS games than MGSV.
>>
>>334563282
I agree with this. MGS V doesn't have bad game play but as a tps it doesn't stand well on it's own.
>>
>>334556235
*I* certainly love it.
>>
>>334556235
You play most the game in third person but shoot in first person.
>>
File: 1457281927014.png (440 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1457281927014.png
440 KB, 645x1260
>tfw was worried about dying before MGS V comes out
>tfw wish I was dead now
>>
File: mario sunshine.jpg (18 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
mario sunshine.jpg
18 KB, 300x168
>>334556235
>it's the return of the "amazing control succesfully masks the bad gameplay" meme
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.