[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a bad thing that I like the last of us?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 284x177
Is it a bad thing that I like the last of us?
>>
Yes, the multiplayer is the only thing done right
>>
No, /v/ hates anything popular but it is a good game.
>>
No
the game is decent, but overrated as fuck though.
I'm hoping Uncharted 4 has some of the stealth mechanics from the Last of Us, it's a fun as fuck game on Grounded Mode.
>>
>>334549045
but the singleplayer is exactly like multiplayer
>>
>>334549178
New U4 vid shows stealth
>>
No, it's a good game.
Best "zombie" game in a while.
I liked the story including ending, the intro actually got me teary eyed.

Plays pretty good, if the stealth was a little busted. Solid 7.5/10. I haven't touched the DLC but it came free with my PS4 so maybe I will at some point.
>>
>>334549237
Define "exactly"
>>
Nah, it's alright. It's just not the second coming of Christ it was made out to be.
>>
No. There is a reason why it is the most awarded game in history

4chan is contrarian by nature, don't let anyone here tell you it's wrong to like it. It was a very good game
>>
>>334548917
Not really. If you remove the cutscenes which are all too long and just garbage and any bit you play as that annoying little girl then the game is pretty good.
>>
>>334549948
>There is a reason why it is the most awarded game in history

Yes. Professional reviewers who regret choosing a career in writing about video games are desperate for video games to be "taken seriously" (hence all the "video games are art" and "boss fights are too 'video gamey'"), so they jerk off over any game that tries to be more like a movie than a game.

Those reviews and awards were for the story, the characters, the graphics, but not the gameplay.
>>
>>334550365
Well I would have to disagree with you on one thing, I actually liked Ellie, and the winter chapter was my favorite part of the game.
>>
>>334550475
TLoU really is the Oscar bait of gaming.
>>
You can't go wrong liking something everyone rates highly. That doesn't mean said thing everyone rates highly literally sucks your dick and cures your shitty life, but it isn't supposed to.
>>
>>334548917
Its an okay game but has been overrated by pretty much anyone who has played it.
>>
it's a cinematic, story driven game from naughty dog

what more do you need to know

if you like that kind of crap then you'll love it

if you like actual GAMES with gameplay look elsewhere
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1000x800
>>334548917
not at all, its the greatest game ever made

if anything, that just means you got great taste in games
>>
>>334550475
Well memed

TLoU is a better shooter than 99% of modern shooting games, it shits all over casual babby shit like Splatoon which has regenerating health
>>
>>334553023
I'll bite.
The game is a repetitive brick-throwing sim with AI on par with MGS2. Except that game is from fucking 2000.
TLOU is an embarrassment to the state of the industry.
>>
It's insanely mediocre and I can see why some people would like it, but you're not wrong for liking it. Acknowledging its plentiful faults is all it takes to be in the right. It's criminally overrated and I cannot see why.
>>
>>334553023
Splatoon's health regen is negligible at best, and will not save you in the overwhelming majority of firefights. Hell, you will never have sufficient cover in an actual scrap to evade long enough to make it relevant.

Not to mention it's insanely more intricate in terms of maneuvering, weapon variety, and lethality of actions in a variety of ways.

TLOU is comparable to Gears of War in terms of mediocrity in multiplayer, and the singleplayer gameplay is literally Chokes N Bricks. I genuinely cannot conceive of why it's so beloved by Sonycucks.
>>
>>334553180
Go play more CoD you casual faggot fuccboi, you need regenerating health faggot
>>
watched my cousin play this the other night

>rushes through each level
>never uses stealth
>never interacts with Ellie or the environment
>never searches area for supplies/notes
>clueless on where to go, wanders around the same spots
>struggles with the swimming controls
>doesn't craft anything
>doesn't use flashlight in dark areas
>needs to be within 10 ft to kill enemies with a bow

Pretty painful watching him playing games in general.
>>
>>334553364
Whatever faggot, cry more, go play your brony casual babby shooter
>>
>>334552914
Interesting image is there more
>>
File: 1438342123392.png (50 KB, 229x300) Image search: [Google]
1438342123392.png
50 KB, 229x300
>>334553457
I actually am not a Wii-U owner. I played it at my friend's house a few times and it provided more entertainment than TLOU did. It even made me ashamed to have purchased The Order 1886's collector's edition alongside it.
>>
>>334553023

Really? You pick Splatoon, of all games, as the example of a game which is worse than The Last of Us? That's not a very strong argument. I never said Splatoon was a good shooter, or even a good game. Calling an actual game for children a "baby" game (no shit) isn't convincing me of anything when it comes to The Last of Us being good.
>>
>>334553186
I can still like the game even though it has flaws. For example, I always felt that the Ellie and Riley kiss was kinda shoe horned in for the sjw crowd
>>
>>334548917

No. It means you matured beyond the level of past juvenile gaming trends.
>>
>>334553023
>someone says the last of us is shit
>instantly start deflecting to Nintendo

This is a prime example of the consolewarrior sonyfag. Do not listen to anything he says for he has no opinion of his own.
>>
>>334548917
>liking the worst naughty dog series
I hope this never gets a sequel. The gameplay isn't any better than Uncharted, but at least Uncharted didn't take itself so seriously and had some likeable characters.
Also, I've had it up to here with the zombie shit. Pop culture and zombies have been surgically attached since at least 2009.
>>
TLOU is better than all three uncharted games combined
>>
File: 1436418948977.jpg (199 KB, 554x603) Image search: [Google]
1436418948977.jpg
199 KB, 554x603
>>334556454
>all three
>>
>>334549237
Exactly, on a HOW? someone post a webm from the MP.
>>
>>334548917
Nope. You should like what you like. Everyone else be damned. I like The Last of Us all around, and I dislike most of the shit that /v/ praises. It takes all kinds Anon. And yes, I love games of skill like Tetris and Geometry Wars. Basically I like video games, but the majority of /v/ like shitting on every game.
>>
>>334549178
You are in for a good time. It seems to have a Metal Gear approach to enemy encounters, except the AI keeps looking around for you. It seems pretty great. We'll see really soon.
>>
>>334555573
>Not believing that it is a false flagging shitter
>current year
The bias against Sony on 4chan is at fucking insanity levels. You can't have a conversation about any Sony title without it turning into a fucking circular discussion of my dick is bigger than your dick. It gets fucking old. Sometimes I would just like a decent conversation, but it always devolves into Console War horseshit, and yes the PC counts here, since most of the false flaggers are PC guys in the first place. I own a PC, PS4, WiiU, and Xboxone. The only one that I kind of regret owning is the Xbox, since it is pretty redundant at the moment. I'm still holding out for Scalebound.
>>
>>334556454
I think it is on par with Among Thieves, and better than Drake's Fortune, and leagues better than Drake's Deception. Deception is borderline fan fiction. I'm glad it's looking like the characters are going to get a proper send off in A Thief's End. I really like one and two, but three shit the bed in about a million ways. The set pieces were pretty impressive, but the story was a fucking mess. Everyone was so out of character. Especially Nathan Drake. I like to believe that Deception is an alternate universe.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.