[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come the Zelda 3D remakes didn't feel as fun as the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (152 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
152 KB, 1920x1080
How come the Zelda 3D remakes didn't feel as fun as the original games for the n64?
>>
>>334532559
Because you were a kid then and an adult now
Personally I never played the original Ocarina so I loved the remakes
>>
>>334532559
Gaming has evolved while they stay mostly the same. Many issues with the game would have been fixed if made today. We've gotten used to many innovations these remakes lack.
>>
>>334532559
They made it look like mario galaxy with baby colors.
>>
>>334532559
I dunno, it felt the same to me
>>
>>334532559
First you need to explain how it was less fun for you.
>>
>>334532559
Felt the same to me anon. I didn't enjoy OoT as a kid and I didn't enjoy the remake too much either.
>>
A) You grew up and no longer enjoy games
B) You already played through this game the first time
C) The game was revolutionary at the time for you so you thought the game was amazing for what it was.
>>
File: 1459594306970.jpg (75 KB, 386x386) Image search: [Google]
1459594306970.jpg
75 KB, 386x386
>>334532559
yeah, playing "press start to equip and unequip the iron boots for the water temple over and over and over again" was so much fun
>>
>>334532978
I don't get this meme

It wasn't that big a deal
>>
>>334532559
Experiencing the game for the first time as a child will never be replaceable, even by updated graphics.
>>
I don't know. They changed very little to the actual game design while making objective improvements to visuals and controls. I suspect this may be a case of nostalgia goggles.
>>
They were better in every way apart from the shitty lighting.
>>
>>334533087
even if you say it was only a minor annoyance, it was an annoyance nonetheless that was corrected in the 3ds version, but nostalgiafags will still argue the original was better in every way for incredibly minuscule reasons like "muh lighting"
>>
>>334532978
They fixed that in the 3ds version
you could not have picked a worse thing to complain about
>>
>>334533365
that was exactly my point, anon
>>
because you had already played them
>>
>>334532559
Might be the fact that it's handheld instead of on console. Really changes how you play it.
>>
>>334532559

because you're 20 years older than you were when you first played it
>>
Ocarina felt the same really.
Majora's Mash felt much much better.
>>
>>334532559
You grew up and played games that had a greater sense of wonder, character, story, and gameplay, and then tried to come back to something you once enjoyed thinking you'd be able to like just as much even after playing so many better games.
>>
>>334533365
You know the next time you think someone is being retarded, just consider that maybe you're misinterpreting what they're saying.
>>
they are much more fun

I actually beat oot for the first time on the 3ds
>>
>>334532559
I really liked the remakes. The one I didn't get much joy out of however was starfox 64 3d.
>>
>>334532681
All of this.
>>
>>334532559
The most I've played of the 3D remakes was a puzzle and bossfight for a friend who couldn't figure it out, but I really couldn't tell much of a difference. Still felt plenty 'fun'. I had trouble adjusting and would still prefer the n64 graphics because any minor change chafes me, but that is just because I've played the originals forever. I didn't like using the gyro to aim arrows, how they changed the zora swimming, or how they remapped the ocarina all over the 3ds buttons, but I don't resent that they made those changes. The core game is still there, and solid as ever.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.