[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the spookiest thing you remember from vidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
And what is an unexplored area of spook for future vidya?
>>
>>334530521
The current state of the industry
>>
>>334530521
As much of an autistic meme it is now, the original 5 nights at Freddy's had a type of creepiness that was fresh and got me feeling spooked for the first time in a while. Shame it and SCP are both horribly over saturated memefests for creepypasta kids thanks to youtubers.
>>
>>334530521
Specific/phobia torture

>pulling nails out
>placing splinters under finger/toenails and jamming them in
>thumbscrews

That's all fingers but there you go
>>
>>334530521
>one of my favorite paintings gets the sonic treatment
Is this anger I'm feeling?
>>
File: negativ_zpse47ee3ea.png (1011 B, 252x196) Image search: [Google]
negativ_zpse47ee3ea.png
1011 B, 252x196
>>334531581
>SCP

Dear god what have they done now? is Sonic.exe a creature now? Last time I went there they had a toilet that eats your butt. That was it. No draw, no writing, just a toilet with a ghost that eats your butt when you sit on it.
>>
>>334532176
But if it's specific phobias then it will only affect people with those phobias.
>>
>>334533878
That was a joke SCP. There are a good amount of SCP-J's like 420-J being the most powerful marijuana or something.
>>
>>334535749
True, but a game with a plethora of phobias

Like getting dropped into a pit of spiders, or drowning in a water tank
>>
>>334535894
It would have to have a good amount of examples of all the different phobias and be able to figure out what you're scared off in order to be good. Maybe have little mini-examples of each in the beginning and measuring things like pauses when you're in a situation versus panicking and shaking your mouse or something. Could be good if it could do that and then have your playthrough full of your phobias in different situations depending on the intro.
>>
>>334536180
I've thought about the exact same thing, gauging the player's fears through a series of mini tests or even a quiz

That might make it predictable though
>>
>>334536445
If it combined tests and some quiz system or something like maybe SH Shattered Memories did then you would only be able to truly predict and force a gameplay route by figuring out the gameplay tests gauging your reactions and phobias.
>>
>>334530632
You should've worried about that at the end of the PS2 era
>>
File: macho.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
macho.jpg
106 KB, 1920x1080
You want a real Spook in a game, how about a game that makes your body react in a way that you don't want it to? Get a good sound card for this one and some headphones

Prepare to have your eyes water, your ears ring, your stomach churn, and your jaw to feel numb. I present to you: MANIC MINER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7khL9Ms4ow
>>
>>334536686
Shattered memories did that right I'll say, where the monsters morphed and changed based on your answers to the Therapist's questions. Although I don't know how well that might work with specific phobias considering SH:SM's horror was solely focused on getting chased, which is a legitimate phobia but still.
>>
>>334537167
Nice meme
>>
Ecco the Dolphin
>>
>>334537167
Christ it feels like something grating against my scalp as I listen. And I thought 5 tabs of crazybus was disorienting.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mpdl9kqqkK1qz4rgp.gif (177 KB, 276x258) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mpdl9kqqkK1qz4rgp.gif
177 KB, 276x258
>>334537167
>>
File: 1454306942415.jpg (22 KB, 404x304) Image search: [Google]
1454306942415.jpg
22 KB, 404x304
>>334537167
Fuck you guy. that is not scary, just unnerving as fuck. Its just king of the mountain hall in some weird format that makes your eyes and hears hurt listening to it.

>Mfw that game was platform of the year.
>>
>>334537167
>>334540313
I watched this with badass headphones and didn't get shit. It was just boring.

I realize it's a meme.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.