[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't htey made a brutally hard MMO yet? People clearly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 1408497756712.png (18 KB, 498x520) Image search: [Google]
1408497756712.png
18 KB, 498x520
Why haven't htey made a brutally hard MMO yet? People clearly love games like dark souls that provide a good challenge, and people who play MMOs that have been dumbed down wants the company to return to the harder game, see vanilla WoW and old school runescape
>>
they have, its called eve online
>>
>>334530293
A second job managing spreadsheets and company resources isn't a game
>>
>>334530293
>EVE
>brutally hard
>>
File: LearningCurve.jpg (49 KB, 800x777) Image search: [Google]
LearningCurve.jpg
49 KB, 800x777
eve online
>>
>>334530293
alright then, why haven't they made a fun brutally hard MMO?
>>
Brutally hard games are a niche. Very rarely do you see them get that successful.

Wildstar had that same idea then died on launch.
>>
Because if one autismo faggot gets way too good he's going to:
>A - Murder absolutely everyone and remove all the fun from the game
>B - Help everyone and render the challenge trivial
>C - Gather so much virtual dosh trading won't ever be a viable option
>>
>>334530293
>>334530512

>EVE
>hard

The hardest part of EVE is finding a corp that isn't filled with unbearable spergs since the only people left in that game are, well, unbearable spergs.
>>
File: VLbp_MKrzp9_Il.jpg (965 KB, 3600x1200) Image search: [Google]
VLbp_MKrzp9_Il.jpg
965 KB, 3600x1200
>>334530535
EVE is only as boring as you make it, you lack imagination.
>>
>>334530695
>wildstar
what do you even mean brutally hard?
>>
>>334530852
Or you could just join Goonswarm.
>>
>>334530293
Eve isnt hard in the slighest. Its grindy and just takes long to do anything.
>>
>>334530695
>wildstar
>hard
Would you fucking faggots stop. The reason it failed was because it was a casual shitfest pandering to children
>>
>>334531272
>endgame
Someone didnt get there
>>
>>334530945
Eve is as boring as the developers made it, which is very as all the content is time locked behind subscription skill queue bullshit
>>
>>334530443
>>334530852
>>334531182
name a harder MMO that has at least as many players
>>
>>334531364
>the journey wasnt hard
So it wasn't a hard game

Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>334530174
>dark souls
>good challenge
>vanilla WoW
>harder game
LOL
>>
>>334530174
>brutally hard
>Dark Souls
When will this meme die?
>>
>>334531454
there is no "content" in MMO, the players make the content, which is why an unimaginative person such as yourself has so much trouble finding fun in it

it is a pure sandbox, the game itself just provides the sandbox, the players provide everything in it
>>
>>334531459
There are no hard MMOs

>at least as many
Oh look arbitrary bullshit
>>
dark souls isnt hard you memester.

>runescape
literally nothing has changed. you still skill the same old way of clicking trees/ore/enemies till you get xp
>>
>>334530945
I'd rather just join an rping group tbqh
>>
>>334531543
It was designied so you could get to the endgame asap. Raids were hard. I didnt prove anything. You are saying that if tutorial is easy, the whole game is easy
>>
>>334531618
>there is no "content" in MMO,
Pfthahahaha, fucking really kid?

So if Eve removed corporations that wouldn't be removing content? How about removing all ships but frigates? Still no change to content?

Holy shit my fucking sides
>>
Pre-Grand Exchange Runescape

Recently logged on and the clusterfuck UI, generic mmo combat system, P2W RNG microtranscations, retarded fantasy 3edgy5me redesigns really shows how downhill it went.
>>
>>334531830
No idiot im saying a game is hard if a game is hard

Having one small part not being hard doesnt make it a hard game

And for the fucking record i finished all the raids and they were piss fucking easy. Youre a god damn moron.
>>
>>334530174
Mortal Online
>>
>>334530174
>osrs
>hard
what the fuck, people wanted OSRS because of EOC and MTX, not because of difficulty.
>>
>>334530174
people begged for harder content in MMOs and it ended up being too hard to the point where not many people cleared it and begged it to get nerfed

see WoW heroics, FFXIV A3S, Wildstar raids, etc
>>
>>334531454
Sounds to me like you've never actually played the game and you're regurgitating some anons shitpost
>>
>>334531618
>there is no "content" in MMO, the players make the content,
This is the most retarded thing I have read all year
>>
>>334532001
But raids were the biggest part of the game you idiot. Do your research before argumenting
>>
>>334532104
Samefagging to save face wont help you moron
>>
>>334530945
EVE is uninspired, economy focused, and 1 dimensional.
>>
>>334531803
>literally nothing has changed

What is
>killing the lore
>completely ruining Romeo-Juliet quest
>redesigning armor sets to look retarded
>shoehorning WoW combat
>ruining the aesthetics of the game
>>
>>334532115
No they absolutely were fucking not

You are straight up lying now. No more replies for you, already proved you wrong.
>>
>>334532218
I agree with you and all, but
>completely ruining Romeo-Juliet quest
nooo, not my 3qp 5 minute quest!
>>
>>334530174

It's like you never heard of Ultima Online
>>
>>334531618
>>334531871
Rekt.
>>
>>334532218
>caring about Runescape lore
Jagex did not put much effort into it. Runescape lore is fun and malleable.
>>
>>334532286
>calling someone liar
>be the one lying
>>
>>334532218
>>334531993
>generic combat

The combat being click and wait 99% of the time didn't make it unique, and almost everything different it did was in presentation and not function.

>>334530174
Because it's a niche that isn't filled with whales willing to shell out money, so it would result in more work for fewer people giving less money on average per person. Any game that was like that and any good would have to come from a small passionate group of devs willing to take the hit, not a corporation
>>
ITT: Fags who got rekt in EVE so they hate it now.

Hardest MMO ever, EVE.
>>
>>334532831
>he has never fought a boss or high end pvp in RS
lmao pleb bet you'd die 5 seconds in, it's just click and wait, right?

right?
>>
>>334532901
Eve isnt hard at all. Locking everything behind time gates doesnt make a gamr hard, just tedious.

But enjoy your dying MMO. Those subs are not coming back.
>>
>>334532901
What are you trying to do?

If you like Eve, all you are doing is turning people away from it by being an insufferable samefagging cunt.

If you hate eve then I guess your false flag plan worked. Well done.
>>
Fonline
>>
>>334532998
>high end bosses/high end pvp
There's the 1%.
For almost the entirety of the game you could use protection prayers or safespots, meaning you could take no damage regardless of defense levels or armor, and since the only way to enhance damage was the occasional special attack on several minute cooldown, once you turned on your prayers/drank your potions, you would do nothing to contribute to your success.

Most bosses had no actual mechanics besides hitting hard, so it boiled down to praying against their hardest hitting style and hitting them until they died. Your input was to eat to heal and walk under them so they couldn't attack you while you ate. The biggest and baddest bosses of the time like Nex literally had the depth of "move off of the square you stood on to avoid a big hit" but arbitrarily high damage output to force you to guzzle down large amounts of food to be "elite."

PvP generally boiled down to a few specific builds and special attacks hoping for lucky RNG to kill your opponent outright because of the massively flawed mechanics for defense. The only reason it would stand out would be its "risk it all" presentation and how many 12 year olds in libraries spent all their time doing it to feel big and developed positive opinions of it.
>>
>>334534092
>There's the 1%.
Literally the majority of the game
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.