[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you expect anything less from a bunch of hipster wannabe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Did you expect anything less from a bunch of hipster wannabe devs based in Seattle? They were only doing what they thought was rad, after all.
>>
See I don't know, I know it's not doom but this is defiantly the quake we never knew we wanted
>>
>>334527875
even quake 4 was better than this
>>
>>334527875
How's literally Halo the quake we never knew we wanted?
>>
IS there any different announcers for DOOM 4?

Because holy shit that robotic voice sounds so dull and tired.
>>
>>334528692
ouch
>>
>>334527875
>defiantly
Fuck off.
>>
>>334527792
hated it.

>>334527875
I never wanted Call of Doomy u dumb cunt.
>>
>>334529128
This has nothing to do with CoD, CoD is actually fast
>>
>>334527792
>Seattle
Certain Affinity is doing the mp and they're in Texas
>>
at least we know that no original id dev had anything to do with this abomination.
>>
>>334530267
John developed an engine and was tech director. Maybe he doesn't have anything to do with the current version of the reboot, but I'm sure they've used his previous work.
>>
>>334528969
Design decision probably. It pretty much has to be like that since you're going to be hearing the announcer constantly every time you play.
>>
>>334527792
Wait is this seriously from the new doom? I legitimately thought I was looking at a screenshot of a new halo game
>>
>>334527792
This game was fucked no matter what it did.

With the route it has taken, it tried to please everyone and ultimately pleases no one because of it. The shitposting threads and steam reviews prove this.

If it went full COD, the causal players play it and move on to the next game that gets released. Game dies after a month.

If it went full competitive and went classic/arena, it would die as no one wants to play arena games and the game would die in a month from making hardly any money due to the really small communities that arena games have.
>>
>>334531692
>If it went full COD
It WENT full COD, tough
>>
>>334527792
>>334531336
>>
>>334527875
de finite ly

like infinite only finite, limited

as having quantities of or caps to a property

finite

definitely or def i nite ly
>>
>>334531950
It did not, if it did, you would have sprint animations, perks, killstreaks, that sort of shit.

What we got was a blend of multiple games-Doom, Quake, Halo, COD, Unreal Tournament, etc.

It doesn't matter as the arena genre is dead and this game was doomed from the start. I'll be amazed if they dare to make another Quake.
>>
File: 1364077786691.gif (2 MB, 211x176) Image search: [Google]
1364077786691.gif
2 MB, 211x176
>>334531692
>This game was fucked no matter what it did.
They could have strived for unadulterated, pure Doomness and everyone would have loved it aside from the nu-male, limp wristed casual, self-proclaimed video game "journalist" bloggers.

id Software was a company that defined the industry and LED the way, now it just follows and is copying others. Pathetic.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.