[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this game get so much hate? Kojima shouldn't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
Why does this game get so much hate?

Kojima shouldn't have fallen for the open world meme (especially in a desert), and the story could have been better. But the controls are tight, and there are an infinite number of ways to complete missions.
>>
>>334519083
Because it's nothing like the game the trailers and GZ set up.
>>
>>334519236
but it's still fun tbqh

can get old, but overall i think it's a SOLID game
>>
It's my favourite MGS, I loved it.
>>
File: tiny quiet.png (162 KB, 492x1134) Image search: [Google]
tiny quiet.png
162 KB, 492x1134
Quiet should have been six inches tall.
>>
>>334519083
Weak level design, repetitive mission objectives, gameplay is pretty unbalanced. The story is awful
and pointless. To be fair many of the game's weaker characteristics were somewhat easily predicted if one paid attention to the demos.

The game succeeds at giving players a big sandbox to fuck around in. YMMV.
>>
>>334519304
Until you get to second chapter and notice how they put together half of the game in last second to reach release date of this unfinished mess. Gameplay is great, but as story that supposed to be missing link in whole frenchise it sucks balls.
>>
File: slut.gif (4 MB, 242x277) Image search: [Google]
slut.gif
4 MB, 242x277
>>334519414
>Quiet should have been six inches or more put into her

Fixed that for you Anon
>>
>>334519083
>infinite number of ways to complete missions
That's the problem right there. Maybe you'll experiment for 5 hours, sure, but then it will just get boring.

Every missions is:
>get in this camp (sometimes they reuse camps)
>extract soldier/thing

That's it. And first you will goof off with weapons but then you'll just stick to what works and be done with it. It's also annoying that you can only have two weapons at once, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of experimenting.

Plus:
>generic open empty world
>no surprises whatsoever in a metal gear game
>shit story
>awful bosses if you can even call the bullet sponges that
>unfinished

It's basically a generic Far Cry game with tighter controls. Compare that with weirdness, goofy over the top moments, pacing and everything else of the older entries in the series and you will know why people are disappointed. You never knew what can happen in MGS games, even in the worst entry (4) you were still running from geckos, sneaking through jungle, having two giant mech battle eachother, hold off an army of robots while on a split screen raiden is fighting a vampire, and that amazing last boss fight... and now we have generic open world where you see everything it has to offer in the first hour.
>>
>>334519629
There really wasn't a missing link, though. MGSV is a mess, but anyone going into it with those expectations was bound to be disappointed.
>>
>>334519304
Doesn't matter. If you go to your favorite sushi restaurant and they serve you a great burrito, you can still be pissed.
>>
the first metal gear was open world. kojima wanted this from the beginning and it's fine, it just needed bigger bases and maybe some afghan villagers here and there
>>
>>334520131
The game explained why there wasn't any civilians.
However, i dont understand why there are no slaves in mines of africa, and free roaming mujahideen in afghanistan
>>
File: MGS2S_NA_cover.jpg (102 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
MGS2S_NA_cover.jpg
102 KB, 640x908
To vidya newfags and filthy PCucks it's OMG 10/10 WHY DO U HAET KOJIMA

To old times MGS fans TPP is a disapointment, and what is even more sad than the game itself is that this is the last in the series. It's a shame to see such iconic series finishing like that.

>b-but the gameplay is tight and fun xD
Good gameplay has been a trademark of the series since MG2. TPP is just a natural evolution for the series. Also it got casualized as fuck. You need to seriously restrict yourself to get any sort of stealth challenge which means avoiding 75% of what the gameplay allows.

Also Fake Snake is a faggot.
>>
>>334519629
Dark Souls?
>>
>>334520131
>the first metal gear was open world
Not really. MG1-MGS2 all utilized a Metroid-ish means of gradual progression/exploration.
>>
>favorite sushi restaurant now just serves decent burritos

Yeah, so hard to understand why people are pissed. It's a good game, by no a good GAME game.
>>
>>334520293
>the last in the series
We'll get more. Whether they'll be good or not is anyone's guess.
>>
>>334520507
Well... at least it can't be as bad as MGSV. Right?
>>
>>334520293
>To old times MGS fans TPP is a disapointment
shut up faggot, i've been a fanboy since MG1, and 5 is leagues better than 2, much like every other game in the series. 2 is a meme.
>>
V is a complete game.
It delivers all that kojima promised
>>
>>334520572
PCuck memester detected.
>>
>>334520705
>wow he sure put me in the garbage, i better call him a cuck!

i would be mad if this was 2004.
>>
>>334520865
>le current date meme
>>
>>334520572
>2 is a meme.
It's one of my favorites in the series. Not for the story, either. Especially Substance.
>>
>>334519083
Because of butthurt fans who wanted a story ending. I took all of the promises with a grain of salt because this is Kojima we are talking about. I admit I wish there was more leading up to the ending, but as someone who's been playing these games since 2002 I was satisfied overall with the game and the ending, more than I thought I would be with all the Konami drama. I just wish it was given a few more months to be completed. And a difficulty setting. Would have been GOAT.

Mgs4 was the "story ending" and Kojima did a pretty hack job of it. So my feelings weren't hurt at all when there was much more gameplay than cutscene. I fell in love with mgs for the gameplay anyway, the story was always interesting but it's not what made me a fan. The story that was there was pretty interesting and I wish kiefer had taken over the role sooner. The real crime is we will never get another kiefer Sutherland big boss performance, or a mgs with mechanics this tight.
>>
>>334520685
i love how people went into this going WOW THE FINAL CHAPTER TO LINK MG1 TO MGS, even though 3 did this a thousand fucking years ago. and 4 reiterated what happened in case people were too fucking stupid, then peace walker explained it too. how hard is it to understand why big boss became a bad guy? america takes everything from the boss, and by extension from him. he give up on everything he learned because he realizes it gets you nothing, and nowhere, so he takes control himself and becomes a global powerhouse that can take on anyone at any time. is he evil? debatable, but his heart was always in the right place, regardless of how cold he became. 3 established his turns in one cutscene, where he refuses to shake hands with the cia director. even a child could understand this.
>>
>>334519083
Sanboxes are shit, it gives the player the illusion that the game is long and there's something to do after you beat the story.
Big maps enforce small cutcsenes, first because it needs enough space to fill in the disk, second its wasted resources and third because it consumes too much playing time from the player. Instead of spending time developing a good cutscenes, devs spend time and resources generating a hueg map.

Now, MGS games were never about free roaming, they were always about the complex 20 hour story and dialogue through the codec.
MGS:V took the open world road and left the story part to be short and empty.

It gets hate because it's not the typical MGS game narrative.
>>
>>334521505
>MGS:V took the open world road and left the story part to be short and empty.
the tapes actually take up more time than any codec sequences.
>>
MGS 4 was a perfect closure to the series. All the games after are unnecessary and barely have anything to do with classic MGS.

>no codec
>no playboy
>no hiding in closets
>no soliton radar
>no long as fuck cinematic cutscenes
>no MGS atmosphere
>no "MGS feeling"

I enjoyed TPP but honestly it felt uncecessary in the context of the series. Kojima should have moved on and use his PW/TPP ideas for a new IP.
>>
>>334520560
Who knows. But nothing lasts forever. We've had enough MG.
>>
It was a great game.
>Tons of possibilities
>Lots of main and side content
>Nice and not intrusive story
>Comfy

Much better than this trainwreck that was MGS4.
>>
>>334523063
This senpai. Its obviously unfinished, and its too easy, but otherwise its a great time.
>>
>>334524065
It really is. As much as people shit on V it is 100 times more replayable than 4 is with any amount of difficulty settings
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.