[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twitch Facecams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Webcam.png (334 KB, 859x469) Image search: [Google]
Webcam.png
334 KB, 859x469
I'm confused /v/.

What does a facecam add to game streams? Every major streamer has one on even though it distracts from the game play.

I'm stream max% playthroughs of some games and I always wonder if people would talk in chat if I add some facecam.
>>
>>334518373
I think a lot of the time it depends if you have tits or a gimmick. Also the audience age can determine if they'd like to see face cam I think.
>>
>>334518373

People don't use Twitch to watch videogames, it's to interact with the streamer/personality.
>>
File: DEEUAGH.png (291 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
DEEUAGH.png
291 KB, 512x368
>>334518767
>Sudden realization.
>>
>>334518373
Do a test. Stream one game, the first time without a cam, the second time without.

See which gets more views.
>>
I think a facecam makes sense for scary/mindfuck games and games that just make people irrationally angry (Soulslikes, Dota and CS) but there's no point in any other setting.

Streaming games is retarded anyways, I much prefer livestreaming shitty movies and anime.
>>
>>334519248
That feels even less interactive than usual.
>>
>>334518373
I don't have a facecam and I agree with you completely. Its become a sort of norm for whatever reason, which was never the case for jtv.

Still get 25ish viewers which is nice.
>>
Facecam people are a reality show subcategory, not video games. Same with 'video game' media like Giantbomb.
>>
File: Final Fantasy 12 - Fran.png (736 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy 12 - Fran.png
736 KB, 1200x1600
>>334518373
people want to see oter people's faces. by seeing the guys face its like you're chilling with a friend, playing some games.

and if the streamer is female you need a cam to show tits otherwise theres no reason to watch
>>
>>334518373
>watching streams for the gameplay
Just play the game. If you aren't watching streamers for the streamer then that's even more autistic than watching streams in the first place.
>>
>>334520041
>seeing the guys face its like you're chilling with a friend, playing some games.
I'm thought the same. I wonder how true is this statement for the audience.
>>
It's a normalfag thing, I don't get it either
>>
>>334520170
And if you are not good at the game or if you don't have it?
>>
File: Final Fantasy 10 sending2.jpg (159 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy 10 sending2.jpg
159 KB, 1024x768
>>334520296
if anything pewdiepie has taught us it's that facial expressions sell like a motherfucker

watching other people react to x (gameplay in this case) is big business
>>
>>334520170

The point of streams is to get to watch the game without having to buy it or even the platform it's on. It's practically legalized piracy, and as a bonus you don't even have to go through the trouble of playing.
>>
File: 1459919837625.jpg (190 KB, 1024x1725) Image search: [Google]
1459919837625.jpg
190 KB, 1024x1725
I think some skill and good commentary are all you need.

95% of streamers just fucking stare with dead eyes, and offer little visual emotion. People use cams as comoensation for what their lacking when it comes to interaction and gameplay, nothing else.

It adds so little, and brings nothing really important, while covering up the game. The same shit with retarded overlays.
>>
>Why does twitch add facecam
Surrogate friends, anon. The entire selling point of long term twitch streamer fans.
>>
>>334521137
Compensation*
>>
>>334518373
I also don't understand
>>
>>334518373
I don't know. Whenever I put mine people ask if I'm a girl and I say no and they leave
>>
>>334522339
You need to say yes then.

Problem solved.
>>
>>334522537
But whenever I ask about my voice people say I sound like a faggot.
>>
>>334518373
AdmiralBulldog doesn't use one and he is one of the goat streamers of all time
>>
>tfw decent quality stream
>i dont yell all the time
>altert is just a hitmarker
>no viewers
>>
Some partnerships/deals are only available to streamers who use facecam so it's probably another reason why some will use them
>>
>>334523576
it's quite a difference when an already famous person does it and when a non-famous person does it.

dolan trump could probably stream games without facecam and still get 10k views.
>>
File: EkzE8q9h.jpg (50 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
EkzE8q9h.jpg
50 KB, 1024x640
>>334518373
Its how normie-neets socialize.

Also 5
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.