[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games you wanted to beat but never got the chance to For me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 250px-Rayman_1_cover.png (166 KB, 250x320) Image search: [Google]
250px-Rayman_1_cover.png
166 KB, 250x320
Games you wanted to beat but never got the chance to

For me it was the first Rayman.

Ps2 slim chewed up two copies.

Finally got it on ps3 and I'm planning on beating it

Also, fuck Band Land.
>>
>fuck Band Land
Enjoy Eat at Joe's then - it's worse than Bongo Hills.
>>
>>334511302

Oh God
>>
>>334509362

>beating Rayman

HAHAHA

No idea how you could possibly do that without farming for lives. And some of those cages are so insanely hidden. They might not even pop up without you doing some inane shit.

I'm currently replaying it on iPad and luckily they have a mode that gives you infinite lives so that I dont have to farm.
>>
It was said in the official Rayman Origins blog that Rayman 1 basically wasn't playtested. It shows.
>>
>>334509362
>Finally got it on ps3 and I'm planning on beating it
>beating it
Yeah I said the same thing.
Never again.
>>
>>334512289

Yeah I remember one of those missions where you are in the sky and have to jump on drums and moving platforms held by shaolin monks.

Just no. NO.
>>
>>334512569

Took me ages to beat that.

I died like 20 times
>>
>>334509362
Damn senpai I just bought this shit from psn 2 hours ago for my nogamemachine Vita. It was all cool n shit until I made it to the music stages. How the FUCK did I beat this as a kid?
>>
>>334514383

Probably skipped the level with passwords
>>
The sound Rayman makes when he's hit is one of the most frustrating things in the universe.

HYYYYOPP
>>
File: Dr.Mugg_Kapten_Filling.png (112 KB, 252x253) Image search: [Google]
Dr.Mugg_Kapten_Filling.png
112 KB, 252x253
>>334509362
I kinda forgot about this game.
Thank you for reminding me, I'm going to play it now & suffer the same way I did years ago.
>>
>>334509362
>Also, fuck Band Land.
AAHAHAHAHA YOU HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING YET
>>
>>334509362
>limited lives
>limited continues
>can save but doesn't help much since you'll still be spending continues
>need to pretty much backtrack through the entire game and 100% it to beat it
>in the end the game revolves around playing a level carelessly, to learn it, reloading the save and trying it again without losing too many lives
I have no idea what they were thinking with it. Some of the worst design decisions I've ever seen in a game. And it was released in 1996.
>>
>>334516854
1995*
>>
>>334516854
But it's got some GOAT tunes.
>>
>>334509362
That game doesn't fuck around. I never made it past space momma.

From what I saw it gets worse after that.

Great game, especially if you're looking for a challenge.
>>
>>334516854
We call all of that bang for your buck. I was 11 and 100% Rayman without a guide or faq.
>>
>>334509362
>That fucking long as shit jump you have to do at the first level of badlands
>That FUCKING BOUNCING AND SLIDING BULLSHIT IN FUCKING ART LAND where you had to guess the correct height you had to start you run and the correct time to helicopter, one millimiter/millisecond off=insta death
>That part in art land on the moving platform where you had to punch the obstacles out of the way and crounch instantly later to dodge an obstacle and then instantly punch another hazards away
>AHAHAH EAT AT JONES

For some reasons, I didn't have any difficoulty against space mama. The pirate ship was way harded.
>>
>>334509362
>Band Land

Nah mate, fuck Eat at Joes.

AbsoLUTELY fuck that level
>>
>>334520043
Well, I didn't have Rayman back then and to be honest if I did have it I probably would have played it, enjoyed it, never beaten it and never cared about it. But I'm all grown up now and I can't avoid looking at things like this with a critical eye.
>>
>played Rayman and Earthworm Jim in DOS as a kid
>managed to get till Space Mama's Crater and to the end of both EWJ games without problems
>wondered why everyone has such a hard time with those
>replayed them later on a much better machine and realise that the reason why they were easy was because they ran at like half or 3/4th of the normal speed since the old PC barely fulfilled the minimum requirements
>>
>>334509362
I said the same thing a couple years ago and stopped at space mama.
>>
>Band Land is hard

None of the game is at all hard. It takes very little to get used to everything.
Especially not Band Land. What the fuck is hard about Band Land? Maybe if you'd said Eat at Joes or maybe Pencil Penthalon.

Take it from a guy that's beaten it on every system it was released on including all of the expansions for the PC version.

Also get the PC version called Rayman Optimum.
>>
>>334521643
Also, I never got my rayman watch in the mail. Fuck you ubisoft.
>>
File: tailsJacko.jpg (203 KB, 668x842) Image search: [Google]
tailsJacko.jpg
203 KB, 668x842
>Band lands
>That level with the flutes and lightning shooting dudes and little faggots that charge at you

Just thinking about it makes me mad
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.