[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have hardly had any frustration in the new dark souls. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 2980097-dark-souls-iii-6.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2980097-dark-souls-iii-6.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
So I have hardly had any frustration in the new dark souls. The most I've died on a single boss was twice. Did they make the game easier than the previous ones, or did I just finally get gud?
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 323x323
>>334504394
i've plat'd every game in the series so far and am having a perfectly reasonable time at the game, pic is my death tally so far

i think you got gud
>>
>>334505126
I don't know. It just seems so much easier than previous entries to me.
>>
i find spam r1 to win and a big health bar make it pretty damn easy

you even start with a fire gem like wtf
>>
>>334505126
You're in for a rough awakening
>>
>>334505126
Personally it does seem a lot easier then the last games, I haven't died to a single boss, just beat crystal sage
>>
>>334505215
the games were never """hard""", they just punish you for fucking up and doing stupid shit like running into areas blind and being careless with your health

i imagine that you've been playing cautiously, paying attention to your surroundings, pulling and kiting enemies from groups, etc.

that's literally all it takes for a souls game to not be """hard""" any more. if you'd played DS1 the same way your first time through, it'd be the same

there IS less frustrating bullshit like the blighttown !!TOXIC!! dart guys. and i do understand that that stuff is part of the charm of the game.
>>
>>334505325
Yeah, it feels like you start with a health bar that would take half the game to get in 1 or 2.
>>
>>334505704
You don't. You start with less health than 1 at least, by a sizable margin (400s in 3 as opposed to 600s in 1).
>>
>>334505704
but your starting estus has three charges, only heals maybe a third of your bar, and there are zero alternative healing items

the difficulty curve has been perfectly reasonable so far, imo
>>
>>334505126
You're going to love Nameless King.
>>
>>334505970
Maybe there are just less cheap deaths in this one, so it feels easier.
>>
>>334505126
6 to iudex? Were you playing with one hand?
>>
>>334506038
i honestly thought the wyrm on the high wall wasn't doing ENOUGH damage
>>
>>334506228
Yeah, it barely did anything.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.