[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /v/. If tech suport for some game ask me for Steam ID,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: question.png (6 KB, 1057x80) Image search: [Google]
question.png
6 KB, 1057x80
Dear /v/.

If tech suport for some game ask me for Steam ID, is it safe to provide them one?

Sorry for being paranoid.
>>
Shouldn't need to, I don't see how its related to the game
>>
>>334496169
>questing for steam ID
lel induring your getting phished.
>>
>>334496236

Me neither. Thats why I asked.

>>334496304

Can they, really?
>>
>>334496169
Yeah, nah. A crash report would have all the information they need. Nothing about your SteamID would help them.
>>
>>334496169
Steam has internal logging shit, that's why they want it. If you're not pirating, I wouldn't give a shit, since you contacted them.
>>
>>334497776

I just asked them to explain, why they even need that information.

Dxdiag, game logs and describtion of problem, should be all they need.
>>
>>334497929

>internal logging shit

Wait, you mean that when my game crash, Steam reports my PC status during crash or what?
>>
Shameful selfbump.
>>
Anybody?
>>
>>334501157
No. Your steam account should be linked to your email.
If you are using another email to get help then change to the one linked to your steam account. They shouldn't even be answering you to an email not connected to your steam.
>>
>>334501157
Probably to make sure they're not helping a pirate
>>
>>334498310
Yes, steamerrorreporter.exe
>>
>>334501402

Actually, why? We were exchanging mails since like two weeks, nobody complained.
>>
>>334501751
I'm sure most scamers are super duper nice people.
>>
>>334501561

Oh, that sound like a reason. But I mentioned several times in mail running Steam in offline mode as one of failed stepps, so they should know by far that Im using legit copy.

So all they want is just to type that numer after steamcommunity.com/id/ to check if I have the game in question?

>>334501662

Never heard about that before, I will check it out. Thanks mate.
>>
>>334501896

Wouldnt consider it a scam, I sent the ticket via devs official site.
>>
File: answer.jpg (61 KB, 1172x330) Image search: [Google]
answer.jpg
61 KB, 1172x330
Looks like the >>334497929 guy was right.

Still dont know, if this is safe or not.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.