[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did this happen because Sakurai is surrounded by yes men?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 16
File: file.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Did this happen because Sakurai is surrounded by yes men?
>>
File: angry_phi-brain.gif (473 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
angry_phi-brain.gif
473 KB, 320x180
>development time was wasted on this

Just think of all the shit we could have had instead...
>>
I'm just going to pretend that I enjoyed this mode instead of getting angry about it, because there are a lot more things to be angry about in this series.
>>
>>334486630
Wasted development time in Sm4sh pisses me off
We could have had so much if he fucked off with his half-assed Mario party and his shitty custom moves that don't do anything. 8 player smash can also go fuck itself.
>>
So we all agree that PM > Sm4sh, right?

>Only two clones
>tons of gamemodes
>combos, fast paced gameplay
>All characters have super unique styles and gimmicks
>easy to mod
>Still getting content (Waluigi being recently added)
>literally infinite number of stages
>any music track ever

How can Tr4sh compare?
>>
>>334487041
8 player smash is important. thats a real improvement.

this mario party shit and custom moves should have got the kick for a real adventure mode and more characters and an online ranking system that
>>
>>334486152
I actually played Tour quite a bit. I found it more fun than running Classic and Allstar simply for the variety.
>>
>>334487041
>8 player smash can also go fuck itself.
Go back to fighting games if you can't even play 4-player smash.
>>
>>334487606
>>334487718
>haha look at how clusterfucked the game is! I sure love not being able to see shit!

It's a stupid gimmick
>>
>>334486152
>surrounded by yes men

isn't this basically every Japanese game company because their business culture grants those with seniority the word of God?
>>
>>334487438
by not feeling like shit to play.
>>
Smash's fundamental gameplay concept is absolutely brilliant but digging deeper, the nuances and balance are a complete garbage clusterfuck and Sakurai has little interest in pushing the series forward in core gameplay

like everything with modern Nintendo wait for someone else to take Smash's/[Nintendo game's] great groundwork ideas and build upon them better
>>
>>334487606
Using your uni's lecture theater for 8-player smash.

Fun as fuck.
>>
>>334487845
>he can't see where's he
git gud
>>
>>334487845
and it fucked single player and made most of the stages bigger than they should have been
>>
>>334488229

Damn nice buzzword.

Glad you admit that 8 player is a gimmick!
>>
>>334486152
Yes, man.
>>
Smash 4's only saving grace is the roster.

And even that is mediocre, since all the characters are dull and shallow (with newcomers being gimmicky as FUCK) and the disgusting amount of generic anime shit
>>
>>334487606
Custom movesets were a nice idea that should've been implemented in a much more accessible way, one that makes it easier to select individual variants at character select. The drop system for them was fucking retarded and justifies the use of Powersaves on the 3DS version.

A shame that DLC characters did not continue with them, Ryu for instance could've had moves function like other SF shotos
>>
>>334488546
I imagine Ryu having "pro" Alts, that increase the power a bunch but disabled the b inputs.
>>
are they still updating the game or are they done with it? just wondering
>>
>>334488316
>telling someone to practice and get better instead complaining and being a scrub is a buzzword

The next thing you're going to say is fun is a buzzword.

Also, the entire Smash concept is a gimmick.
>>
File: 1448588518473.gif (2 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
1448588518473.gif
2 MB, 356x200
>playing Cloud
>sort-of analogous to managing meter in a fighter, with his Limit Up/Side/Neutral specials feeling like EX moves and his Limit Down special feeling like a super
>Smash already got it's feet wet with similar concepts like KO Punch and Wario Waft
>kind of want an EX/Super meter in Smash 5 now
>>
>>334486630
Like fixing ice climbers to work for 3ds. I know they could have done it
>>
>>334487041
8 player smash is good at parties.

assuming you have more than three acquaintances or friends.
>>
>>334486152
Wait so instead of smash run Pii U's got smash tour? Top kek glad I only own a 3ds
>>
>>334488718
They might have balance updates since there was one after they said 'this is it, no more characters. we're done'
They probably need one since people are going nuts over Bayo
>>
>>334488718

done, but there's rumors circulating that Smash 4 NX-edition is happening, so they may sprinkle a bit extra in that port

it was by some guy "serkan toto" or something on Twitter whos allegedly actually credible as opposed to "rumors" by youtuber ecelebs
>>
>>334488747
There's also the rage mechanic.
>>
>>334486630
Things Smash 4 wasted development time on
>Smash Tour
>Custom Moves and Miis that nobody ever uses
>Trophy Rush
>Palutena's Temple
>Palutena's Guidance
>Boss Characters
>Spending over half a year on a tournament mode that no one ever uses because it ended up being shit

Do I think removing all those things would've allowed more development time for an Adventure Mode? Not really. But I certainly would not have minded getting a few more stages or something over all of that.
>>
>>334488936

rage can fuck right off, along with footstool jumps
>>
>>334487845
It's a stupid gimmick that also forced characters to be simplified. Some stages can't even handle all the players so they have to drop hazards and some effects.
If the NX has better hardware then hopefully they'll bring back IC's, Waddledee toss and Olimar's pikmin.
>>
>>334488916
>>334488931
alright good to know
>>
>>334489129
Dedede's side-b was changed because of Smash Run, Olimar's pikmins were reduced by 3 because you could easily spam it in Brawl, plus the recovery, and IC were removed because 3DS couldn't handle them.

8-player smash has nothing to do with them.
>>
I'm still slightly assmad that there's so many FE characters
>>
>>334489074

>Trophies and everything Trophy-related
>Customs and Miis
>Smash Tour
>most "Stadium" modes like Homerun contest/Angry Birds
>Boss characters on multiplayer stages; Brawl-style boss fights or boss rushes are fine
>Blast-zone scrolling stages (rumble falls, pac-land)
>Stage Builder

IMO all can successfully be purged from future Smashes, and thus place emphasis on:

>Smash Run expanded on
>fully expanded, substantial online options
>PM-style All-Star versus/Crew Battle
>a massive focus on good stage design; every smash game has so many shit stages
>All-Star mode randomized again
>Break the Targets, Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish all return 64-style; these were basically barracks to teach you how to control and fight as your character
>alt costumes for the main cast; they did this with several like Cloud/Bayo/Wario but there's more potential
>>
>>334489473

So you're being retarded then?
>>
>>334489074
still sad about Miis
they could have been given a standard weight that doesn't change and a base moveset. then when you take them online they have a standardized face and color for each class.
they might as well not exist right now.
>>
>>334489074
>>Spending over half a year on a tournament mode that no one ever uses because it ended up being shit
/v/eekends and normals tourneys say otherwise.
>>
>>334489814
Mii Swordfighter is so bad they feel like a joke character, like this is Pichu levels
>>
>>334489626
Nice argument.
>>
>>334489856

/v/eekends use it a a generic lobby. Nobody gives a fuck about the """"tournement"""" aspect
>>
What, People still don't know?
The existence of Smash Tour was another thing caused by the 3DS version having to exist.
>>
>there will never ever be an SMT character in smash

I WILL PAY REAL MONEY FOR DEMI-FIEND TO BE IN SMASH
>>
>>334488908
I can do 6-player but 8 is still too frenetic for me.
>>334489074
Don't forget they spent AN ENTIRE YEAR on that Star Fox stage nobody likes
>>
>>334489938

Nigger if you don't want to do your research then fuck off
>>
>>334489975
Regulars tourneys sometimes have people playing on them.
>>
>>334488747
That black person almost seems human
Nature is fantastic desu senpai
>>
>>334490039
I just want Jack. Hee-ho taunt every day.
>>
>>334490042
>AN ENTIRE YEAR on that Star Fox stage nobody likes
I liked it, though.
>>
I like it but my friends don't so I can't play it unfortunately.
I still would have preferred a WiiU Smash Run, allowing players to interact in the maze. Would have worked well in split screen if they had made the split screen work dynamically like in the lego games.

Really I wish that they hadn't made the 3DS game and that all of the extra 3DS stuff was in the WiiU version. It'd make it so much better.
>>
>>334490156
It is nice but it's not worth 'AN ENTIRE YEAR'
I'd take Corneria on consoles over the new one
>>
>>334488546
Ryu could have had Ken and Akuma variants for his specials, like Akuma's dash and Ken's multi hit tatsu. Would have been cool as fuck
>>
File: Nemisis.png (167 KB, 400x630) Image search: [Google]
Nemisis.png
167 KB, 400x630
>voted for this guy for the Smash Ballot a year ago
>it will never happen
>>
>>334490006
Fucking 3DS version ruined everything
>>
File: 1414727252242.png (45 KB, 379x214) Image search: [Google]
1414727252242.png
45 KB, 379x214
>Try Smash Tour once.
>No clue what the fuck's going on.
>Try it a few more times.
>Get the hang of it and find it kinda neat.

At first it seems like an utter clusterfuck, and the board action is absurdly fast for that kind of thing. Then you learn the items and board layouts, you can plan about as much strategy as you can in a Mario Party-ish mode where everyone's moving at once, it gets pretty fun once you understand all the shit happening.
>>
>>334490316
I imagine it was mostly the namco guys working on it, since it was their star fox game.
>>
File: orc no friends.png (41 KB, 472x230) Image search: [Google]
orc no friends.png
41 KB, 472x230
>All the good stages and modes are stuck on the 3DS version with its inferior controls
>Magicant and Mute City are only on 3DS despite being from console franchises
>3DS players get the Duck Hunt stage for free

If Smash NX has none of the 3DS content then Nintendo is gonna be in deep shit
>>
>>334490513

Because that's better then fuckin' up hordes of enemies?
>>
>>334490513
>it gets pretty fun once you understand all the shit happening.
THIS THIS THIS

The majority of /v/ is just too scrub to know how to use items and play stages. If anything, they play Smash for 1v1, and nothing else.

This is why you should not listen to /v/.
>>
>>334489590
>Trophies and everything Trophy-related
Yeah. I'm sure there are some people that like the trophies but you only ever really look at them once and it must have taken a lot of time to put them all together that could've been used for other things.
>Stage Builder
The way stages are shared online is absolutely retarded but beyond that, I thought it was a nice feature. It's an improvement over Brawl's at the very least.

>PM-style All-Star versus/Crew Battle
The real kick in the balls is that All Star Versus already exists in the game as that's what the final round in Smash Tour is. They couldn't just make that a separate mode?

>alt costumes for the main cast; they did this with several like Cloud/Bayo/Wario but there's more potential
They should've done this for DLC instead of the Mii costumes. Huge missed opportunity there.

>>334490042
Orbital Gate Assault is fun when not playing competitively. Fuck you.
>>
File: 849.jpg (34 KB, 506x404) Image search: [Google]
849.jpg
34 KB, 506x404
>>334490810
>The majority of /v/ is just too scrub to know how to use items and play stages. If anything, they play Smash for 1v1, and nothing else
fuck off underage
>>
>>334490810

>Hey, do you wanna beat the shit out of hundreds of baddies while powering your ass to SSJ3 levels?

>Or do you want mario party.

Wow such a good addition
>>
>that smash tour metroid challenge
>no friends
>constantly get fucked over by the AI
JUST..
>>
File: 1441577170735.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1441577170735.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>334490989

>Not wanting to Mario Party like it's 1999.
>Wanting to play Subspace Emissary Leftovers Mode
>>
>>334489590
I like the trophy section, actually. It gives you something to shoot for when you're playing solo. It's also kind of a fun thing to play Where's Waldo with on the Hoard screen. I got them all in the 3DS version. The Wii U version, though. Fucking Kirby's Crazy Appetite
>>
>>334491085
>Mario party without the minigames, stars, ect

wow so good. That's what I play smash for. To stare at a board
>>
>>334490923
I'm 22, though.
>>
File: 1459067143774.jpg (65 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1459067143774.jpg
65 KB, 500x281
>Stop adding features in games that are fun. Cater only to us competitive types
>B-But wavedashing
>It's not as fast as Brawl
>Oh no, my frames have been altered
>It's just not as competitive. I want to play Melee and want every future Smash game to be exactly like it in every single way
>A character I wanted isn't in. I must do a pic dump and complain about it 4 times a day on /v/
>Wireless = Input lag

Fuck off. Just admit you hate video games and fun and stop playing them.
>>
>>334491449
>ITS OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT! DON'T YOU DARE CRITICISE THEM
>>
>No story mode
>No adventure mode
>No break the targets
>No board the platforms
>No race to the finish
>Masterhand always stopped short for core faggot
Sm4sh is fucking shit
>>
File: 1452199198417.jpg (44 KB, 502x699) Image search: [Google]
1452199198417.jpg
44 KB, 502x699
>>334491449
I never liked melee but Im still sure you leave Reggie cum all over your face
>>
>>334490810
Please don't give yourself so much credit. Everyone knows how to use items and play stages, it's something you can 'master' in a few uses per items and one or two plays per stage. People don't like it because it's a stupid distraction, not because it's an impossibly high skill gap that no one but the elite few can cross.
>>
>>334491449
>l-cancelling, wavedashing, and faster pace are only for muh competitive and not because going fast is just fucking fun in itself
I'm tired of this shitty meme perpetuated by retard casuals who don't want to leave their comfort zone. I bet you hate Quake too, underage fuck.
>>
>>334491587
When Nintendo does what, you fuck?

Make an "okay" game? Oh god forbid it doesn't match your standards you set. Let's make 5 more threads and bitch about them for not having telepathy and reading our minds to produce Melee 2.0.
>>
>>334491948
I prefer UT2004.

Want to fight about having a different opinion, fag?
>>
>>334491859
A lot of the items are absurd anyway.
Especially given how many of them can backfire on you.
>>
>>334491859
>Everyone knows how to use items and play stages
If that were true, people wouldn't say the gust bellows, bettle or galaga are "OHKO" items after 1 year.
>>
Sakurai needs to see a doctor. He has to have actual fucking brain problems, like senile dementia. He fucking looks at what stages competitive uses, and what does he do? He spends actual development time making fifty different versions of final destination. It didn't even fucking cross his mind how he could just set ridley and yellow guy to not spawn. He fucking listened to a melee meme that's so fucking old, it predates the version of final destination that PEOPLE DECIDED WAS A BAD STAGE.

He should take a hint from Gunpei Yokoi.
>>
>>334492304
Japan's competitive scene uses FD significantly more in comparison.
>>
>>334492275
Well, you can't recover because you'll just get bellowed away from the edge.
>>
>>334492275
You know how long it would take to show those people how to live through those, maybe 1 minute a piece. Items aren't some masterful skill. You can be ignorant on them due to not even using them once, but don't act like it would take an eternity to get people up to speed.
>>
>>334492275

The problem is that these weapons are hilariously overpowered.

Wacky items that do something fun (pokeballs, smoke ball, ect) > Serious items that help you win
>>
>>334492429
Shield or airdodge is enough to not die, and unless your character has a little mac/dr mario tier recovery, it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>334492527

Name an "overpowered" weapon so we can laugh at you.
>>
>>334492256
Even if all of them were masterfully crafted, the fact that a stupid exploding pill can spawn randomly in front of you mid-attack and kill you is enough reason to turn them off. Sure, it's a rare occurrence, but why have it be an occurrence at all when having items on doesn't add much except stupid chaos.

Stupid chaos is only fun for so long.
>>
>>334487041
The problem with 8 player smash is that most of the stages aren't big enough for 4 players let alone 8 but they still try to cram you all in it.
The real abomination of sm4sh was classic mode.
How can it be a classic mode if it's fucking different
>>
>>334489095
Smash is built on the mechanics of the original Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros. and Kirby Super Star. Footstool jump ain't going nowhere.
>>
>>334490513
>Play Smash tour with my little sister and my little brother
>having a fucking blast
Its not for solo play, so expect a lot of /v/irgins to dislike this gamemode.
>>
>>334492598

Gust bellows, the flag, that.. tornado rock sword.
>>
>>334492479
Not saying they require you to be good or they are hard to master tho, just supporting anons point that people on /v/ are scrubs that probably the first thing they did when trying the game at first was turning off the items and then complain that they are overpowered.
>>
>>334492878
You have two siblings and you're gonna act like you're a social pariah? Give me a break, I've played this mode WITH PEOPLE and it's complete shit unless you're all rookies.
>>
>>334487041
Only Palutena and Mega Man should have had custom moves
>>
>>334493063
Palutina should have been given all of her shitty moves for her base character.
That counter is disgustingly bad
>>
>>334493029
>my family members arent people
>strangers are now superior to your own family
you sound like a libcuck.

fyi, I have some friends but those faggots only either play old PC games or PlayStation 4 shit (as in Fifa and co). LAN Parties are still fun though.
>>
>>334493134
>Mr. Sakurai, what should Palutena's down B be?
>Counter.
>Huh? Don't you think we've gone overboard with counter down B's? I mean, we could make one of these unique custom moves her Do-
>'AVE YOU EVER MAKE GAYMAN?
>>
>>334493215
I play with my family idiot, you're just acting like having people who by default, unless you're a complete piece of shit or they are, associated with you no matter what makes you somehow better than other people on this board.
>>
>>334493134
>should
Shouldn't
Fuck man
>>
>>334486152
I don't know what that is because I don't have a wiiu and have little interest about it, but yes, he is surrounded by yes men, along with miyamoto and sakamoto.

It's why every time they do something dumb that is incredibly obvious to everyone else, it's a total surprise to them or everyone else is just wrong.
>>
>>334492983
The only bad thing about the ore club would be that it has super armor, like the bat, but is a very slow attack and you can shield the tornado (or just jump over it, it's just slow) so I don't really see it as a problem, might as well complain about the homerun bat.
>>
>>334493440
holy shit, I just said that /v/irgins wont like the gamemode because its only fun with multiple people. You have some serious anger issues, look into profesional help. You need it.
>>
File: 1358912750921.png (39 KB, 278x278) Image search: [Google]
1358912750921.png
39 KB, 278x278
>>334490042
>Don't forget they spent AN ENTIRE YEAR on that Star Fox stage nobody likes
Wait, that Assault stage?
>>
>>334493650
And I'm saying it's not fun even with multiple people. I'm just irritated your initial point was laid across so smugly.
>>
>>334492091
You should have said halo to trigger him more.
>>
>>334493647
>it's okay when smash does it lalalala sakurai can do no wrong!!
>>
File: 1432796830775.jpg (183 KB, 772x1034) Image search: [Google]
1432796830775.jpg
183 KB, 772x1034
>>334493760
>my face during this whole argument
I suppose you are American. If not, this would suprise me.
>>
>Play Smash Tour
>Think its kinda fun
>Never play it again because the AI is god awful and for some reason you can't make them level 9 and there's no online play
>>
>>334492598
gust bellows
>>
The biggest mistake is the equipment rarity. I'm supposed to have 8 amiibos farming around the clock all weekend so MAYBE I can get a critical hit equipment so I can train one more amiibo because all amiibo are gimped without critical hit? Cool.
>>
>>334493647

It's still boringly overpowered. It exists only to get K.O's. yawn.
>>
>>334493885
I'm not, but if you seriously think nothing you said was smug as hell, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>334493843
>it's not okay when smash does it lalalala sakurai can do no right!!
Wew, what a great argument right? Let's forget any hopes for an actual discussion.
>>
>>334493686
Yeah, it was one of those fun facts he felt was worth mentioning, like how the fusion zero suit outfit was done entirely by one female employee
>>
>>334493949
Agree, the homerun bat is such a shitty item, what were they thinking.
>>
>>334494151
I wanted to like that stage so much because visually it's pretty fun, but it's so janky and awful.
>>
3DS version was a mistake. Though it has a better single player.
>>
>>334492983
these are the only three items I have turned off in the game
fuck that shit
>>
File: Samus appears.jpg (111 KB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
Samus appears.jpg
111 KB, 640x336
>fuck American companies for making better Nintendo games than us
>Let's make her even worse by giving her the suit from the only shit game in her series and not even making it an optional alt
>also she's more powerful when she isnt wearing her suit
>HEELS.jpg
>>
>>334494225

The homerun bat didn't have 500 OP companion weapons in past games.

It's novelty is also having 5 years of startup, so landing it is a big spectacle
>>
>>334494580
Sakurai has a thing for flexible women.
See sheik, zss and bayo.
>>
>>334495230
Sheik is a dude
>>
>>334495346
"The definitive answer is that Sheik is a woman — simply Zelda in a different outfit."— Bill Trinen
>>
>>334495786
Then Ruto is a lying bitch
>>
>>334495786
"The definitive answer is that Sheik is a woman — simply Zelda in a different outfit."— Bill Trinen, writer, author and director of Zelda: The Ocarinas of Space
>>
>>334495956
What did she say? I never played OoT
>>
>>334495956
Zelda looks like a guy but is a woman.
It's an effective disguise.
>>
>>334495956
>I have never assumed a strangers gender based off of their appearance
ok
>>
File: 1460429866244.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1460429866244.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>334496039
>I never played OoT
>>
>>334496039
She says she was saved by a man with a harp or something like that.
>>
File: tip til the end.webm (183 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
tip til the end.webm
183 KB, 540x360
>>334490118
>>
>>334495956
>If you dress up like the opposite gender and fool someone you become that gender.
Okay tumblr.
>>
>>334494580
Nintendo sort of sees Metroid as two different series, in a way.

The "mainline" series made in Japan by R&D1 and/or Sakamoto, and the "spinoff/side story" Prime games made in America by Retro Studios or Nintendo Software Technology.

Other M just happened to be the latest "mainline" game in the series by the time of Smash 4's development so they went with the Power Suit design from it. Previously, Samus was based on her designs from Super Metroid or Zero Mission, which were the latest mainline games by the time of Melee and Brawl's development respectively.
>>
>>334496039
>>334496039
Ruto says she was saved by a male, retards assumed that instead of the disguise being effective it meant shiek showed ruto his dick.
>>
3DS version fucked over Smash 4 in general.
>>
Sakurai has zero patience for Nintendo's bullshit at this point. He left the first time because they screwed him over. They're probably treating him like a king at this point so that he won't walk away again. I assume that he and the guys at Sora are completely surrounded by yes men.
>>
>>334486152
Does any human even understand how to play Smash Tour? I've given it some tries and always end up with like no stats while the CPU guys are off the fucking charts.
>>
>>334486152
>mfw I found out Smash Tour can play itself
>>
>>334494291
It doesnt help that everything is designed around 2 minute loops so you get all of that shit happening within very short time spans to fit it all, and its being a gimmicky piece of shit with explosions, changing grounds, force fields, more explosions,ground suddenly dissapearing and fighting in spaceships. There's no stability in that stage to trust because it keeps fucking morphing, its almost a bigger threat than the enemy
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.