[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enter The Gungeon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: header.jpg (68 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
68 KB, 460x215
Anyone else is playing this masterpiece?
>>
I've started today and it drives me nuts. Can't beat 2nd level. I like it.
>>
>>334483839
The bosses absolutely assrape me in this game
>>
>>334483839
Sales slow down already, eh?
>>
absolute meme garbage
>>
>>334484173
>>334484223
At least you bumped.
>>
>>334483839
>check steam store page a couple of days ago
>overwhelmingly positive
>check back today
>very positive

What happened?
>>
>>334484584
People finally realize the game doesn't often too much replay value
>>
File: Isaac.png (274 KB, 1039x633) Image search: [Google]
Isaac.png
274 KB, 1039x633
How is this better than Binding of Isaac

>Gun puns everywhere it gets boring. Isaac has a mixture of gross stuff (poop), black humor (items that cause pain to isaac to deal more damage), and religious themes.
>No imba runs. Once a while playing Isaac you can get a perfect build that makes you wreck faces. It feels like a reward.
>Boring boss fights, the HP pool is too large. By the time you learn the mechanic and you can successfully beat the boss without getting damage the boss still has 75% HP left.
>Dodge removes all the challenge. It's like Isaac start with a permanent Jump item. Why the hell do they implement a dodge mechanic in a bullet hell game?

It's not a bad game, but it's bland compared to Isaac.
>>
>>334484584
It's boring as fuck
Nuclear Throne offers nothing but enemies that spam projectiles on you, explosions and swarms trying to do contact damage. Gungeon manages to have even less variety somehow, while making everything damagesponges. It's very jarring.
>>
>>334484931
>How is this better than Binding of Isaac
It's not
But no game is ever going to be better than isaac so who gives a fuck
>>
>>334484931
>Dodge removes all the challenge

so you haven't gotten past the 3rd floor yet huh?
>>
while there are certainly some valid criticisms regarding this game babbies comparing it to isaac need to fuck off. complaining that you don't turn into a steamroller by floor 3 isn't a valid point
>>
BoI:
>You may have a bad run but that's always with the promise that your next run may be absolutely OP.
>Plenty of manipulation of gameplay through synergies, forcing loot tables, using items sequentially and rerolls.
>Prebaked rooms make sense for its premeditated gameplay.
>A run can take as little as 10 minutes as you have plenty of opportunities to step off the train when you please.

Nuclear Throne:
>General fast and frantic gameplay.
>Plenty of subsystems in place like increased drops for HP and ammo when you go below certain thresholds which keeps you in the game.
>Noisemap generation makes sense for its arcade-like gameplay.
>A run usually takes 15 minutes with more if you intend to loop.

>Gungeon
>Always the same slight power-ups.
>Barely any manipulation or subsystems in place to spice up the gameplay.
>Tries to go for arcade-like gameplay but uses prebaked rooms like a fucking retard.
>Lol play these 30 minutes of the same dull content you've seen before to get to these 5 minutes of gameplay you need to practice more.

It's literal shit and if you're hoping for discussion, tough fucking luck, I'm out.
>>
I'm really trying to like it guys. I mean, the gunplay is fun and challenging even on the first floor. But I feel like the runs take a lot of time and the map is too big for the roguelike concept.

Also, I'm not really that informed about the game. Where's the sense of progression? Do I even unlock stuff?
>>
>>334485753
Nuclear throne is shit though
>>
>game that relies more on your skill rather than what power-up you get
>gets shit on
>>
Floor 3 is the best I can do.
A lof of the weapons and items apparently are designed to be garbage so you don't get too powerful. Well, time to grind some more boss credits I guess.
>>
File: 1448052476293.png (85 KB, 210x434) Image search: [Google]
1448052476293.png
85 KB, 210x434
HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND SECRET ROOMS
AM I SUPPOSED TO SHOOT EVERY FUCKING WALL AND WASTE MY AMMO WAITING FOR SOME FUCKING CRACK TO APPEAR? FUCK OFF
>>
File: 1447175643320.jpg (4 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
1447175643320.jpg
4 KB, 189x189
>>334485852
>Where's the sense of progression? Do I even unlock stuff?
>map is too big for the roguelike concept
You should go play some actual roguelikes instead of games that pretend they are.
>>
>buy game
>awesome title screen music
>pick marine, find 1000 needles, faceroll Gatling Gull, get mastery
>did not expect this
>die on second level
>try every other character
>dog finds nothing
>lockpick worked once
>shots from starting pistols fly everywhere around crosshair
>find one key across all runs
>exactly what I expected from /v/ descriptions

>also did not expect visuals to constantly screw me by oversaturating screen with details
>did not expect water barrel to break from enemy's stray bullets. One was exploded by gut nut who smashed his sword towards the door I entered.
>>
>>334488042
The newest update supposedly made them easier to predict. I don't know what that means but I'm sure someone will make a map saying "If you get these rooms than the secret room can be here, here or here"
I think the devs said that secret rooms where 'unnecessary' and just a special extra to find
which is bullshit, I'd love to have the free stuff in there.
>>
Do you get anything for beating the game after praying at the forgotten hero statue in the first room? I almost managed it once but died at the red Lich
>>
File: 1454869431647.png (297 KB, 518x656) Image search: [Google]
1454869431647.png
297 KB, 518x656
got a good 37 hours out of it
got FUCKING GOOD with marine over a full-day playthrough and got robot, but then I got bad again because there was no goal anymore

really fun, bit unfair and unrewarding
maps are too big, and does not have a good drop-to-time ratio
and really, there should be a bit more enemy variety
it gets boring after some time
>>
WHERE DID THE GENERAL GO
>>
I liked this game and want to try actual Bullet Hells.
What are some good ones on Steam?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.