[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Runescape thread Does anyone still play? Just logged in for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6
File: osrs.png (261 KB, 760x500) Image search: [Google]
osrs.png
261 KB, 760x500
Runescape thread

Does anyone still play? Just logged in for the first time in months and could totally get back into it.

Post usernames
>>
I quit started playing private servers so much better then the real game.

>Don't got to no life to max out

>Focused around PVP

>Economy more balanced

>No bots

A active private server is GOAT. Instead of grinding for days to get money you can go from being poor to rich in a matter of minutes if you PK or do PVM and get a lucky drop.
>>
>>334468571
I never got the same satisfaction with private servers.
Had 99 slayer on RS3 so it was easy to make money.
Used to enjoy PKing too but EOC fucked it up.
No I remember why I quit
>>
>>334468815
Got tired of spending months training a skill to 99.

Train skill to 99>Make money>Spend money on materials to trange range/mage>train combat stats....PVP or PVM....Private servers are spend few hours training combat>PVP/PVM
>>
>>334468056
Ever since you can buy money the game feels broken. Also, people stopped doing skills to level up and just played shitty mini games and now all the mini games are dead so the game feels dead and there is never a full server.
>>
>>334469039
Didn't mind grinding so much when I was younger though...
Most private servers would give my computer aids, but I'm going back 8-9 years.
Shit like Moparscape was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>334468815

In reality the game is pointless. Only reason its even tolerable is due to the fact you have the ability to kill players and take banks. And the Training and gathering system with a bank.

Imagine if a decent game like World of warcraft introduce a Runescape like System that let you World PVP and take people gear and supplys.

Imagine Runescape that dosen't allow you to take gear and supplys from dead players. We had it already and its called Bounty Hunter then everyone quit the game.
>>
>>334469258

Oh shit i remember moparscape...was my first Private server in like 2006. That Edgy Guitar log-in music with the Lime green. Shit was fun

But RS died due to Bounty hunter then not being able to lure new younger players in that have the time to grind skills all day for 99s. Most 07 players play it for the nostalgic.

Young kids these days have access to games that provide a much better and larger immersive feeling thats why RS tried to go with the EOC shit after Bounty hunter.
>>
>>334468056
OSRS is shit-tier, like 3/10 because of all the crap the RS3 kiddies have voted on to include. /v/scape is slightly better, you get used to the empty cities at least. Maybe 7/10 because at least it stays pure, and if there's a problem or you're quickly needing a vital item for a quest etc, usually there's a helpful mod or oldfag online. Just don't expect any real handholding if you get into it.
>>
>Its a OSRS thread

Give it about 5 minutes before the /v/scape fags bombard the thread trying to get you to join their dead server.
>>
File: 2016.04.16_14-02-20.png (130 KB, 944x724) Image search: [Google]
2016.04.16_14-02-20.png
130 KB, 944x724
>>334468056
Nice total level faggot
>>
>>334469614
> Haven't played in months
Enjoyed the hype while it lasted.
Not autistic enough/ too busy to carry on grinding - but n33t stats bro.
>>
>>334469575
Dank shitpost.
>>
I quit OSRS when they released Zeah. The dev have no fucking idea what they are doing and the community is retarded enough to vote for stupid shit to be put into the game.
What they should do is just leave the damn thing alone. It's supposed to be runescape in 2006, not a complete revamp just because RS3 is shit.
>>
>One more Nex kill he might drop something

Coal...

>One more kill i might get Torva

>6 hours later..

>Damn i should train my combat skills so i can get easier kills

>2 months later

>Yay i got a Torva helm

>Time to sell it and get the gear i wanted

>now im bored imma go stake it

>get cleaned

>Restart from step 1....One more kill and i can get torva

This is what made this game so popular you will literally spend years to get the most cosmetic item in the game a hat made of paper that does absolutely nothing just so you can feel accomplished eventually you get bored stake it and restart from step 1. Years of your life will be wasted repeating this shit you will never "beat" the game. Runescape was very good at learning how to get players addicted.
>>
>>334470215
>i know better than everybody else
Also
>It's supposed to be runescape in 2006
No you dumb fuck it's supposed to be old school, not any specific year. Glad autists like you quit so the game can grow
>>
>>334470514
> Game can grow
Can't wait until it's exactly like RS3 and no longer old school.
>>
>>334470514

As the "oldschool" playerbase quit the game the RS3 and EOC kiddies will be the majority and within 2 years the game will almost be identical to RS3 i can almost guarantee that.
>>
>>334470591
Yeah updating the game and not being stuck in summer 2007 forever means eoc is right around the corner, enjoy your circlejerk private servers tho
>>
>>334470514
When they originally set it up it was supposed to be 2006, but they couldnt find the backup files so they used 2007 instead. It wasnt even supposed to get any development at all, until they realised it was popular.
Have fun playing RS3 version2 in a few years when all the retards have voted in stupid shit.
>>
>>334470707
i can guarantee you are autistic.
>>
>>334470776
THIS
Kids don't even understand this it was meant to be 06scape and enjoy them updating it on the regs.
>>
>>334470836
I can guarantee you're butthurt because you still play on a daily basis after school...
The good old days were called that because people like you weren't even alive.
>>
>>334468056
Got back to it, made a whole plan and grinded for 150k in first day, bought some runes and decided to stop because it's not worth it.
>>
>>334470836

With all the shit updates i've seen on youtube of "oldschool" I know where the game is going. Dragon warhammer? Some toxic staff? You're going to have RS3 Soon with Old school graphics. Enjoy.
>>
>>334470707
I can guarantee you quit the game around 2007 and never actually even got far in the game. Everybody who cries about updates in old school is exactly like that. Majority of people who stuck around until EoC came out will tell you pre-EoC, the time when trade limit came back, is the best time runescape ever had. They are not kids, they are the veterans, you are the kid.
>>
>log in myself recently
>don't really care to pay for P2P
>try to do combat in F2P
>log out after 10 minutes

I tried.
>>
I tried playing again and I got my fishing and cooking to like level 55 and my combat stats to lv 30 and i stopped again
i don't know how i played this game so much in ye olden times
its fucking boring
>>
>>334471234
>muh rs3
majority of people who play old school play it for the old combat system. a lot of people actually really enjoyed the 2010-2011 era myself included because we played through it and are not just parroting what some jaded fucks on the internet say. so yes i will be enjoying it as will everybody else.
>>
>>334470776
Except all the retards have already voted in a ton of stupid shit. There's the GE which just destroys the whole community-style mercantilism and jewery, and they've even added in a whole new island which is apparently some RS3 content or something.
>>
>>334471829
You can flip shit in GE and be a true master Jew.
>>
>>334471829
Yep
That's because everyone was allowed access to it and when it came to voting, all the autism came out in people who missed RS3
>>
>>334471829
Do you know why people voted GE in? Because screaming in bank gets really old really fucking fast and after the initial nostalgia players were sick of it
> which is apparently some RS3 content or something.
Oh never mind you don't even play the game and are just shitposting
>>
>>334471896
There's no scamming though, and no huddling in the bank trying to squabble over prices.
>>
>>334471252

Actually made it far enough to farm Nex. had a decent sized bank then started playing World of warcraft instead and realized how shit and time consuming runescape is. Tried playing Oldschool thinking i would enjoy it and i did for a few days until the nostalgic feel got over with and i realized the game was only fun to me because it was my first ever online game/MMORPG and there are tons of other games that are wayyyy better then "Ruinedscape"
>>
>>334471975
>doubling money in GE, min 100k

There's shit ton of scamming in Varrock near GE

I agree it destroys some of the RS charm and GE is abusable by rich players but that abuse part is so jewy.
>>
How can people find a game fun where you don't even have to actively engage in it? You can LITERALLY afk in this game and still progress
>>
>>334472065
most people just have it running on the background while training and only fully engage in bossing or pvp
>>
>tfw those DMM changes

I'm on board except with everything but the changes to teleport. They should still disable teleports during combat.
>>
>>334472061
Being a professional jew I can tell GE made merching more accessible but prior to GE you made a shitton more money from it.
>>
>>334472065
>You can LITERALLY afk in this game and still progress

I wish, for almost every little thing you have to do 100 clicks. And if you think it's too afk nobody is stopping you from going deadman mode. Try going afk there.

Anyway, I stopped playing it almost instantly after returning to osrs, too much grind and none of my friends play it anymore.
>>
>>334472234
This is relevant.
Being a jew on this game is only good for two reasons.
Showing off and buying the newest shit.
But oddly enough it seems like one of the main aims of the game
>>
>>334472198
the teleport change seems really fucking stupid, further favouring clans over solo pkers

but i don't care the whole deadman thing is retarded anyway and i never played it
>>
>>334472278
This is why I stopped.
Feels shit when you're grinding and the only people to talk to are kids or autists
>>
>>334472341
>Showing off and buying the newest shit.
So like every mmo ever?
>>
>>334471968
Newfag detected. I was screaming in banks for several years and it never got old, I enjoyed finding a nice combination of colour and animation to make my text stand out but still be readable. And no, I haven't the game beyond 2009 content, and I didn't play OSRS for long after they added the GE. That doesn't make me shitposting, it just means I have a different experience and different desires. When they advertised an "old school" Runescape, y'know I actually wanted it to stay old school, funnily enough.

>>334472120
>comfy
>bosses/areas take certain levels of preparation (like picking out specific potions before a boss in Witcher)
>things take actual time to achieve, making the achievement more satisfactory
>quests are GOAT
>grinding can be done whilst watching/listening to other shit
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-16+at+02.54.24).png (7 KB, 220x157) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-16+at+02.54.24).png
7 KB, 220x157
>>334472452
>Newfag detected.
Sorry love I have played this game for longer than you've been alive
>>
>>334472278

The game simply requires no skill at all. You literally just click something and hope you get high random numbers. There is no set-up to PVP no outplaying someone.

2010 Pking for me was....Veng, D claw spec, Dh axe...repeat 30 seconds....Still didn't get kill simply just teleport away restore my spec and try again.

The game have no point if you think about it logically. I've literally got far enough in the game to acquire all Nex sets and most rares and was bored of my fucking mind after that. In MMOs like world of warcraft there is usually something you can do after completing all the end-game content and getting the best gear available for your class. In runescape you grind for years just to get some shitty cosmetic items that mean nothing so you can look rich while kids beg you for money..That is literally the End-game of runescape. Get rich and just stand around after that.
>>
>>334472716
>only been playing it since 2006

Kek.
>>
I played up until around 2010. I know a lot happened with Jagex, can someone post a short version of the rise and fall of Runescape? Was the end of the wildy the apex of Runescape?
>>
>>334472771
Yeah because there is a new cape for every year after the 10th

But we both know you haven't played this game for shit therefore your opinion is worthless
>>
>>334472756
You were cancer of PKING
Proper PKING with dds, rune xbow or aincents was the Juan. Those were the pre cunt days of claws and dbow
>>
>>334472979
>defending RS3 trash
>calling others' opinions trash
Yup, because it's not like your opinion is worthless already or anything.
>>
>>334472924
wildy came back around the time you quit and that time before evolution of combat was the apex of runescape. 2007 was fun and all but 2010 had so much fun shit in it.
>>
>>334473084
Nobody is defending rs3 maybe you should get your dyslexia checked

Unless you think showing veteran cape is defending it, but since you don't know shit about the game I'll tell you old shcool doesnt have vet capes
>>
>>334473145
The veteran cape shows you're still playing, which by extension is defending RS3.
>>
>>334473260
>playing osrs is defending rs3
Fucking brilliant m8 don't forget to breathe
>>
>>334473371
>OSRS is pumped full of nu-RS shit
>including bits of RS3 content
>nuhh I don't support it at all even though I'm still playing OSRS!
>>
>>334473492
Yeah we already established you are one of those autists who think all and every new content is rs3 content and don't even know what content the game has

Come up with something original for once instead of parroting what /v/scape says
>>
>>334473567
>all and every new content is rs3 content
I just said something contradictory to that point, so now you're just shoving words in my mouth to try and prove your false point.
>>
File: 1242345353.png (223 KB, 409x399) Image search: [Google]
1242345353.png
223 KB, 409x399
day 1 nigga stepping on through
>>
>>334473670
Woah you almost had to come up with an argument there that was pretty close, good job
>>
>>334473883
t. The Guy Dismissing Everything With "Muh Playtime"
>>
>>334473978
You gotta admit it's pretty easy to dismiss someone who doesn't know shit about the game nor hasn't even played it

But this is /v/ after all so who knows
>>
>>334472924
>Jagex create great game PVP and PVM balance good economy Newfags and oldfags both enjoyed it nothing was OVerpowered

>Jagex eventually get butthurt about fish faced Asian RWT and remove free-drop PVP and Free trade from the game

>Jagex loses most of its playerbase because of this

>Few years later they bring back Free Trade and PVP but most of the playerbase is newfags that started during the time of No free trade

>They cater to newfags by adding EOC, new graphics, new armor models etc. in hopes of building a new community around them

>Few years later they have a poll to introduce 2007 runescape and receive about 1000% more votes to get the game supported

>Few months after 2007 runescape is released most of the people that voted for it quit because they realize the only reason they came back to play the game was for nostalgic feels

>Few months later Majority of players that play Oldschool are RS3 kiddies thats why you see the shitty OSRS updates you see today.

TLDR: Jagex had one of the most successful games. The inner Jew in them came out when they realized some asian fucks was making money from RWT so they completely remove free trade from the game and Free PVP which is the only thing that powers the shit game.

Jagex: HEY STOP PROFITING FROM MY REAL LIFE PRODUCT!

ASIANS: ??????

JAGEX: OK THATS IT IN ORDER TO STOP YOU FROM PROFITING FROM MY PRODUCT I WILL REMOVE EVERYTHING THAT MAKES MY PRODUCT GOOD!
>>
>>334475208
A lot of the time people said the 'game was killed'. But after a while people kept coming back. After EoC came and you had to fucking start over ... that's when it died for real. You don't change your game that much.
>>
>>334468056

>Didn't play for 3 years.
>Try to log in.
>Password is different.
>Recover Account.
>You last logged in from Chinese IP address.
>well fuck.
>Perma muted.
>Perma Banned.
>Send message explaining everything.
>Never got a response.
>Asked on twitter.
>Ignored.
>Asked on Reddit.
>Ignored.

Was legitimately keen to play again.
>>
>>334475845
old school doesn't show the last ip logged in from.
>>
File: 1460580806634.jpg (33 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1460580806634.jpg
33 KB, 633x758
>>334468056
>tfw Darkscape is dead
>>
>>334476003

Account was linked to my oldschool one, I lost everything.
>>
File: 1385069577186.jpg (5 KB, 231x205) Image search: [Google]
1385069577186.jpg
5 KB, 231x205
>remake the old version of the game
>put the grand exchange back in
>>
>>334475334

"Oh you how you enjoyed our salad til we started adding raw meat with it"...

Consumer: "yah....you removed the raw meat?"

"Yah but instead of raw meat we decided to add rotten fish instead"

Consumers: "But majority of the people that eat here don't like rotten fish"

"oh fucking well get over it kid"

Consumers: "Well we just going to eat somewhere else then thanks anyway"

"BUT THATS NOT FAIR WE SPENT SO MUCH TIME MAKIN THE SALAD WITH ROTTEN FISH YOU SELFISH FUCK"
>>
>>334475208
You forget to mention Gower pretty much the soul of the game sold the company to das juden who instantly installed cash shop and tried to adopt WoW business emulation.
>>
>>334476565
This was the worst.

Its still there. fucking cash shops have no place in sub games. fuck me.
>>
>>334476508
not to make argument from popularity but this is what people want. if you don't like it you can get out
>>
>>334475208
Instead of free trading, couldn't you just drop trade? That's what I used to do to transfer items and money from one account to the other.
>>
>>334476761
i did
>>
>>334476508
The GE would be fine if they limited it to so many transactions per 24hours or charged your ass 15% value in tax to encourage social interaction and integration, as it stands you can play the game without interacting with a single player at all aside for a few minigames which for a MMO is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>334476809

Nope the items would just disappear as far as i remember.
>>
>>334477038
IIRC anything over 5k in value would not appear for other players to pick up I remember people throwing a shit fit because people couldn't host drop parties and Jagex pretty much told them to fuck off and use the party room.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.