[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's cooler, transforming weapons or weapon arts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: BloodborneVSDarkSouls.jpg (104 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
BloodborneVSDarkSouls.jpg
104 KB, 658x370
What's cooler, transforming weapons or weapon arts?
>>
File: 1460527608260.jpg (10 KB, 285x287) Image search: [Google]
1460527608260.jpg
10 KB, 285x287
>>334464236
Is this even a question anon

>Mfw transforming ludwigs blade into a great sword by sheathing it for the first time
>>
>>334464236
Bloodborne has top notch gameplay and weapons. Dark Souls 3 really blows in that way, most swords have the same weapon art, are exactly the same with minor changes.

But let the /r/pcmasterrace spam fuck Sony again. Those bunch of 14 year old kids will never get into real games.

>cryingsonyman xD
>>
>>334464236
>Every ending to bloodborne fucks over your character

I am mildly upset by this
>>
Weapon arts are pointless, but transforming weapons were great.

The versatility on the derphammer carried me through Bloodborne.
>>
bloodborne still the best souls game
>>
File: 1422098342287.jpg (62 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1422098342287.jpg
62 KB, 435x435
>the MLGS in Dark Souls 3 after using the GOAT one in BB

just fucking why
>>
>>334464785
The Yharnam sunrise ending doesn't fuck over your character.

You get separated from the dream, wake up, and leave because Yharnam's fucked up.
>>
>>334464236
Weapon arts are useless.
>>
File: o2pwx1CUJ21v8ek8ho1.png (612 KB, 763x643) Image search: [Google]
o2pwx1CUJ21v8ek8ho1.png
612 KB, 763x643
>>334464785
becoming a new god isn't fucking over your character, and you're safe in the hunter's dream while Plain Doll nurses you until you're fully formed

also letting Gehrman kill you isn't so bad either, you wake up in the real world with your connection to the hunter's dream severed, free to live the rest of your life as you see fit.

It's only killing Gehrman and then the Moon Presence turning you into its latest puppet that is a bad end
>>
>>334465015
Yeah waking up in the real world that's completely fucked will surely turn out well for you
>>
File: 1.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>334464236
transforming weapons is more satisfying desu, combining the transformation into a combo was based too. Holy Moonlight Sword best weapon.
>>
Transforming weapons is much more interesting. Weapon arts are a neat addition, but all they are are new abilities that can range from broken to useless. Transforming weapons just makes it where a single weapon is now capable of turning into two through elaborate animations/attacks which can be done mid-combo for new attacks. It's incredibly satisfying to use something like Ludwig's Holy Blade in the base form then right before you run out of stamina you transform it for a massive slam attack. Even the less flashy ones are really useful like transforming the axe to suddenly increase your reach mid-combo or splitting the dual blades up right inside of an enemy player.

It made it where there were less weapons in the game, but because of the transformation weapons were a lot more interesting both visually and from a utility standpoint. Weapon arts help to individualize some weapons and throw in some more utility, but they just aren't as interesting as transformation. To which is a better system is entirely debatable, but transformation is cooler.
>>
>>334465240
I'd say it's better than remaining trapped in the dream or becoming a horrific being. At least being in the real world gives you a chance at escaping the bad shit.
>>
>>334465514
>>334465240
>>334465015
>Kill Gherman ending
>Stuck in dream forever never allowed to leave or die

>Moon Presence ending
>Become the thing you literally just fucked over in 2 hits and still cant leave the dream as well as losing every amount of humanity you had left

>Mercy Ending
>Wake up in the world that killed you multiple times but now with all of your experience as a hunter gone and probably clinically insane from what you witnessed

None of them sound good to me
>>
>>334464785
Ending 1
>wake up from the dream, leave Yharnam
Ending 2
>Become the new Gehrman and get to chill with the doll forever
Ending 3
>Become a great one

I don't really see anything bad about any of those endings
>>
transforming arts, any other answer = pcuck Tbh
>>
>>334466034
I'd argue the second one is the bad or "less good" ending. You lose you free will and your freedom. You're doomed or destined to stay in the hunter's nightmare to serve the Moon Presence forever.
>>
>>334466246
But you have you doll daughterfu to keep you company, so it's not so bad.
>>
>>334466004
Couldn't you just chill out in one of the houses in yharnam? I haven't played it but there's still people living there right? So why not just cannonball into some fags house, kill him then live in relative comfort?
>>
>>334466034
Ending one is literally
>It was all just a dream
>>
>>334466401
Everyone who was inside went insane from the blood moon
>>
>>334464236
Didn't even know what weapon arts were and when i found them they were pretty fucking lame
>>
>>334466401
During the blood moon you can no longer save people because basically everyone you didn't save before you kill a certain boss they go completely mad, one even goes full on beast and tries to kill you.
>>
>>334466434
What about the little girl?
>>
>>334466564
Both of Gascogines daughters are dead anon
>>
>>334466516
>>334466434
So just take their houses, no biggie, i'd prefer to go mad then take a pincer to the eyeball
>>334466598
Aww, never played
>>
>>334466564
get killed by the piggu
>>
>>334466564
She tries to find her father (Father Gascoine a boss you kill)

and gets eaten by a monster, you find out by killing the monster who eats her and it drops a ribbon that says the red color comes from the entrails of an unfortunate victim.
>>
>>334464942
You're tainted heavily with beast blood and can now die for real. Bloodborne takes place in one night, by the end you're so heavily tainted you have weeks at most
>>
>>334466618
>>334466651
What's actually stopping you from leaving Yharnam in the dream?
>>
>>334466826
Yharnam isn't a dream, it's the real world

Your physical body is in the Hunters Dream, But you dream the real world.

So if you die in the real world, you wake up in the dream, and can keep trying again and again.
>>
Transformations were cooler.

Certain weapons like Uchi, Rapier, and Lucerne have pretty cool weapon arts, but too many weapons have the same art.
>>
Transforming weapons, but in my opinion neither add that much to the gameplay. I don't know why everyone has such a boner for them
>>
>>334467037
So just leave yharnam then and enjoy your consequence free immortality
>>
>>334467869
You can't leave the city, your connection to the dream would be cut by the moon presence and you would lose your power as a hunter AND would still be stuck inside a nightmarish hellscape, but without your strengths you've gotten from the enemies you've slain and without the immortality.
>>
File: DEEP.gif (344 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
DEEP.gif
344 KB, 256x192
>>334464236
Transforming weapons were definitely cooler, but just didn't add as much to the gameplay that weaponarts did. My reasoning for this is because transforming weapons are just fancier way of switching offhands, like you normally do in souls games, while weaponarts actually add new moves. However both don't really add that much to the gameplay, just gimmicks.
>>
>>334466428
yharnam is real
>>
I didn't really use either feature
>>
Transforming weapons was really nothing other than a fancy way of two-handing a weapon.

Weapon arts technically add more to the gameplay but because most of them are completely worthless they don't get used.
>>
>>334468239
>transforming attacks aren't new moves
>>
>>334468239
>>334468424
spot the PCucks
most weapon transformations entirely change the moveset. 2 handing just gives extra damage most of the time
>>
>>334468507
2 handing also changes the moveset, even if only slightly.

hell, most weapons in Bloodborne consisted of
>horizontal moveset
>vertical moveset

shit that's been happening since the first Dark Souls
>>
>>334468607
Did you even play bloodborne or are you just being retarded?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.