[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so fucking good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1457397638093.jpg (446 KB, 1400x797) Image search: [Google]
1457397638093.jpg
446 KB, 1400x797
>addictive and fun as fuck
>god tier level design
>easy to play but hard to master
>gunplay feels very satisfying
>game's community is probably one of the least cancerous and it is very productive, even to this day
>devs are pretty based and it is obvious they put their heart and soul into the making of this game
>literally runs on anything

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE SUCH A BEAUTIFULLY CRAFTED GAME LIKE THIS ONE EXISTS
>>
because doom is good, deal with it
>>
>>334455731
>stealth doom4 shit post thread

Might as well get it started, guyz the new doom is a pile of shit and too slow, omg why cant foom be like the doom from 30 years ago?
>>
>>334456657
not even stealth, I think the apparent shittiness in all the doom adds plastered over normiebook just reminds me of how good the og series is
>>
>god tier level design
You don't what level design is twat
>easy to play but hard to master
Master what? Literally move left and right and shoot. No complex movement or shooting mechanics to learn
>gunplay feels very satisfying
Outdone by future games that provide more feedback
>game's community is probably one of the least cancerous and it is very productive, even to this day
HA it is very cancerous
>devs are pretty based and it is obvious they put their heart and soul into the making of this game
So do a billion other developers
>literally runs on anything
Duh its over 20 years old and looks like a pixel mess without a source port
>>
>>334455731
It's too slow and quiet, like literally I'm playing and all I hear are map drips and the gun shots where is the music?

But seriously its too fucking slow. Otherwise its good minus the stupid armor customization, this isn't Halo its Doom.
>>
>>334455731
All the important things to the genre were a priority everything else was second place.
>>
>>334455731
It was a good game but Quake 1 and 2 were far better. However all old fps and ID games are great in VR with oculus rift. https://github.com/cmbruns/gz3doom/releases/tag/GZ3Doom1.8.10_c enjoy for those who have VR
>>
File: Tutu[1].jpg (22 KB, 304x500) Image search: [Google]
Tutu[1].jpg
22 KB, 304x500
Circle-strafing.
A lot of games are like shoot->cover->repeat, whereras in Doom you can pretty much dance your way through enemies and still keep them in your sights.

Doomguy is practically a ballerina with a minigun and he'll Swan Lake his way through hell and back.
>>
>>334456657
Why does a game for 1993 have more physics than a game from 2016?

Why does a game from 1993 more accurately simulate a shotgun than a game from 2016?
>>
>>334457031
Doom 1 and 2 is better than Quake 1. Haven't played Quake 2 though, how good is it?
>>
>>334455731
>Why is this game so fucking good?

Here's an explanation:
http://vectorpoem.com/news/?p=74
>>
What do you guys think about doom 3?
>>
>>334457187
The multiplayer was top notch nothing in gaming has compared to it since in terms of skill. It really was the last good twitch based shooter. Even the hand grenades in that game took skill and if you were good with them you could do some real damage. I wish they would just re-release and hd up to date remake of Quake 2. It would be a day 1 buy for me and I would jump right back into it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.