[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy Dark Souls II?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
Should I buy Dark Souls II?
>>
No dark souls 2 is fucking awful in every way
>>
File: 91LjyPDhyCL._SL1500_.jpg (368 KB, 1063x1500) Image search: [Google]
91LjyPDhyCL._SL1500_.jpg
368 KB, 1063x1500
>falling for the souls series is good meme
buy a goty instead.
>>
II is without a doubt the worst game that I have ever played, so no.
>>
>>334454571
>offline mmo
No thank you.
>>
>>334454571
Don't be mean to him.
>trolling him into buying that pos
>>
I'd say good for ds2, played for more than 200 hours on PC.
Tried ds1 but there was too much wrong with it, even though the idea was great.

DS2 runs with no problems and is a good game.
Just don't get sotfs, fuck that money grab.
>>
absolutely not, it blows dicks

just try to forget it existed like from did
>>
>>334454695
offline MMO's >>> online MMO's
>>
>>334453579
You should buy Dark souls 1
>>
File: bate.jpg (20 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
bate.jpg
20 KB, 300x225
>>334454571
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 563x587) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 563x587
>>334454785
>Tried ds1 but there was too much wrong with it
>>
>all these naysayers
What do you think is wrong with ds2?
It's clearly a step down from ds1 in most ways but the gameplay is solid.
>>
File: download (1).png (2 MB, 691x1024) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
2 MB, 691x1024
>>334453579
but... im sure there was never a dragon there
>>
>>334455730
>Mob placement and combat doesn't fit
>World is built poorly and things don't fit together
>Bosses are boring
>So many small things that add up, like levelling up
>Roll iframes tied to stats
>Fucking spinning enemies with way too much stamina and poise

Game just has 1000 small cuts that hurt it too much
>>
Fuck no, it's genuinely shit. Play any of the others, they're great, but DS2 is a bad game in every way.
>>
>>334454630
You must not play very many video games.
>>
>>334456003
There was. He blocks the entrance to the cathedral where you can join the blue sentinels. Right before the fight with Ornstein, which was fucking retarded.

>>334454785
stop
>>
>>334456239
>Mob placement and combat doesn't fit
are you comlaining about not being able to reach far away enemies with your melee weapon? there are bows and crossbows, even magic for that
>World is built poorly and things don't fit together
putting a land of lava over a windmill is a fun touch, it's a video game
>Bosses are boring
game suffers from dudes in armor syndrome but they still make for great fights
>So many small things that add up, like levelling up
you want to get punished from leveling up?
>Roll iframes tied to stats
wow how does my survival stat make me better at surviving
>Fucking spinning enemies with way too much stamina and poise
literally one guy late game you can run past
>>
Dark Souls has 89 on Meta
Dark Souls 2 has 91 on Meta
Dark Souls 3 has 90 on Meta

I only played the first but i have no idea why people say the second is so much more worse than the first.

Most critics seem just nitpicking.
>>
>>334453579
No.
>>
>>334455000
does catching lobsters require a bait?
>>
>>334456003
only in scholar of the first sin, they added it later
>>
The simple fact that DS2 has no ragdolls is enough to make me dislike it. All the others do, it feels so off without them. All the animations are weird, the combat feels different, etc. Tried to like it, but it's just wrong.
>>
Friend bought me DaS3, first time playing a souls game. Got any tips to give a not gud enough moron? I played about 2 hours as deprived and beat Ludex in 3 tries. Got rekt on the second boss (one in Lothric lower areas).
>>
>>334457348
Yes.
>>
I don't understand where the hate for 2 comes from. DS1 and 3 are great and 2 is not that far behind, honestly.
>>
>>334454861
Only in the fact that you get bored and quit offline MMO's 10x faster, thus doing yourself good.
>>
>>334453579
not right now, no. now that 3 is out, you'll probably find ds 2 on actual sales now ( not that 40% bullshit), if not then don't buy it out of principle.
>>
>>334457515
don't be afraid to put your summon sign down at bosses to learn the boss patterns (no penalty for dying as a phantom), and then if you win you get emebered and can summon your own buddies. This is probably the worst ds games to start with, so godspeed my friend.
>>
File: 1450974411954.jpg (45 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
1450974411954.jpg
45 KB, 780x439
>>334457212
Cons for ds2
>map and boss design not as interesting as prior games
Pros
>it just works
>better gameplay
>better online and pvp

Can understand old souls players don't like it for not being DARK souls but critics like it because it works and still have the souls combat and feeling.
>>
>>334457765
Should I start over though? Because my deprived guy is dealing less damage as my friend's knight at the same build and level. (He told me to go deprived for fun and I did it). Is there an advantage to this class at some point? I also get tired of those gank squads, I only like singular big enemies.
>>
does it have support for 16.10 resolution?

DAS1 retarded shit have to play with black bars because it doesnt support my screen resolution
>>
The first Dark Souls has plenty of bad parts as well but that doesn't make the overall game bad.

>shitty bosses like Gaping Dragon or Moonlight Butterfly that require no skill and are just grindy or bad
>everything past Onor Londo is just meh
>say what you want but the matchmaking is the worst out of the 3
And thats not even mentioning the bad optimization on PC and consoles
>people shit on the PC port when Blight Town is barely bearable on consoles
>>
>>334458154
DSFix?
>>
>>334458141
the only advantage is the balanced stats and basically 7 free levels since you start at level one. It depends on how far along you are, once you get to farron keep you'll find the fallen knight armor set and be on the same level as everyone else. just make sure you level up the rights stats and you should be fine, especially if you're mainly doing co-op
>>
>>334458262
doesnt fix it
>>
Take it from someone who has gotten every achievment offline. It's a fucking terrible game, don't get it.
>>
>>334459984
Which was the hardest achievement?
>>
>>334460076
It was a tie between getting all of the miracles and sorcererys. To get the last miracle, you have to get 30 sunlight medals, which means you have to grind the falcon soldiers in the starting area. If that doesn't sound like a good time you can always try to get 30 kills for the bell tower covenant. Oh, but because you're offline, there's only one way to get those kills. A rare spawning npc!

They're all do able offline though
>>
>>334453579
yeah, I got it a couple of days ago and I've been having a lot of fun with it, only autist that liked the first one would coplain about the sequel, just like the guy complaining about sonic having blue arms or some shit
>>
Yes. People keep saying its a shit game but it's really not. The only reason people say it's shit is because it wasn't LITERALLY PERFECT like faggots expected it to be and now they're eternally pissed off about it.
>>
>>334454785
what did he mean by this?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.