[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying DMC + Vergil's Downfall wasn't a fantastic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
>implying DMC + Vergil's Downfall wasn't a fantastic reboot

Was there a game from 7th gen more underrated and scorned for petty reason?
>>
>Ideas stolen from Bleach

Lol no.
>>
>>334451556
It's even called hollow vergil
>>
>>334451420
It was terrible, no redeemable features.
>>
What are your hopes for DMC5?
It's the only game I'm looking forward to in the future
>>
>>334451556
Why Bleach? Because the ghost was called a hollow? Fucking really?

imo there was more Berserk in it.
>>
File: vergil.png (1 MB, 1029x667) Image search: [Google]
vergil.png
1 MB, 1029x667
>>334451738
*tips fedora*
>>
>>334451420
>petty reason

Here's the (You) where you explain that Dante's hair doesn't need to be white and that we're all a bunch of whiny manbabies
>>
>>334452095
If anyone is the fedora tipper it's you.
>>
>>334451420
i played DmC when it came out. I've played DMC1 & 3, but the last time i played DMC3 was when it came out (i think it was 2003/4?)

but anyway, the truth is:
[spoilers]i enjoyed DmC. i thought it was a good game[/spoilers]
>>
>>334452272
Actually it got pretty good ratings overall.
>>
File: 161201-bleach_096.gif (27 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
161201-bleach_096.gif
27 KB, 100x100
>>
>>334452480
By the same reviewers who were bashing the old series, they don't have any weight behind them.
>>
DMC was pretty boring, honestly.
>>
>>334452670
I kinda liked Bleach, if only for the character designs
>>
I actually found DmC to be pretty hilarious. I thought lines like "IM YOUR PROM DATE YOU UGLY SACK OF SHIT!!!" would be too edgy and make this game awful, but I unironically enjoyed every single one of these hilarious one liners.
>>
>>334451919
>there was more Berserk in it.
What? By being overly edgy?
>>
>>334453071
the early stuff was legit great. While the Soul Society arc was fine other than pacing issues, it led into the shitty Huehue Mundo arc in which the plot slowed to a horrible crawl just to show off all the baddies Mr Heart designed.

and when I type it up like that I realize that Bleach would have been better suited to an action-adventure game rather than an anime
>>
File: theheart.jpg (3 KB, 479x466) Image search: [Google]
theheart.jpg
3 KB, 479x466
>>334451919
Completely white with black eyes.
Called a hollow.
The entire DLC revolves about Vorgil killing his heart, which is a major plot point regarding Hollows in Bleach
>>
File: tmp_12770-images(38)-867089324.jpg (25 KB, 458x506) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12770-images(38)-867089324.jpg
25 KB, 458x506
>>334451420
If this game had any name different than Devil may cry, it would've been an ok 7/10 Hack and slash.

It wasn't, they took an universally loved character and changed everything that made people like him, even if you could argue that Donte wasn't THAT bad it is still an insult to the original character
>>
File: DMC list.jpg (273 KB, 800x1692) Image search: [Google]
DMC list.jpg
273 KB, 800x1692
>>334453404
and this was after Ninja Theory shat on the original Dante's design for being "too anime"

and then they rip off an anime
>>
>>334453183
>Dante gets white shard of hair after first activating devil trigger
>Vergil's heart looks almost exactly like idea of evil
>Vergil seeking power first and foremost, in order to rule
>Vergil "falling" after feeling betrayed and abandoned by Dante, his dark-haired brother
>>
>>334453662
Also, when Vergil comes back he has a legion of demons following him, and Dante plays the role of protector of humanity against said demons by the end of it. Dante also starts off "raw" (as Vergil puts it) and pretty edgy like Guts did.
>>
Okay, Ive played every game in the series multiple times except 2. That dlc was fucking garbage, and I defend DmC definitive edition regularly but playing as vergil was so bland. Everything he does is slow and clunky the level design is trash, the new enemies are somehow even worse than the ones in the main game(which were already practically the worst part of the game). You get 2/10 for making me respond.
>>
>>334453662
>Dante gets white shard of hair after first activating devil trigger
Debatable, he is getting more demonic at that point while also getting purer in his ideals.
>Vergil's heart looks almost exactly like idea of evil
Actually, it looks like an actual heart, which the Idea of Evil is made to look like.
>Vergil seeking power first and foremost, in order to rule
That is hardly limited to Berserk. One could for instance link it the 'King and his Horse' logic in Bleach. Also, "I need more power" is the quintessential Vergil quote.
>Vergil "falling" after feeling betrayed and abandoned by Dante, his dark-haired brother
Much like your first point, debatable. Especially since at that point, Donte's hair is practically entirely white.

Another possible link to Bleach is that Hollows go after their family first. As he dare I say it 'hollowifies', Vorgil kills the ghost of his mother.

And even so, the links to anime other than Bleach make this >>334453506 all the more hilarious.
>>
>>334454671
There's also this >>334453873

If just one of these things were present, I'd say they're debatable. But there's multiple things here, which I think makes it even more likely.

Also, it's possible there's some Bleach in there too. If there's any Bleach, then whoever was on the writing team could have easily thrown in Berserk then too, given they must read manga then.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.