[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>bullet sponges with instant kill attacks when they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: muh lantrapus.jpg (485 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
muh lantrapus.jpg
485 KB, 2560x1440
>bullet sponges with instant kill attacks when they're near death
>>
but seriously, when did kojima get so bad at designing boss fights. Boss fights are like 30% of what makes Metal Gear great. Quiet is just another sniper battle, Eli barely counts. Sahelanthropus was too time consuming for no reason other than the fact its a Metal Gear, but that doesn't mean the boss fight can't be interesting as well. I think that's all the boss fights there are. PW and MGS4's boss fights were really bad as well.
>>
sally was easy bruh
>>
>>334447383
I liked the PW boss fights but the vehicle boss fights became too samey after a while
>>
>>334447431
Its not that sahelanthropus is hard or easy, you can easily S-rank the fight with one or two tanks. Its that the design of the boss fight is just plain bad.
>>
>>334447383
>games where Kojima is in charge
Regarded as the shittiest games in the franchise. Topped with garbage bosses. See: PW, MGS4, MGSV
>games with Fukushima involved
Nothing but iconic bosses outside of Bison who is a shittier Vulcan Raven
>>
>>334447697
>somebody else on /v/ played ghost babel
>>
>>334447061
>not the PW fight

That one was literally 10 minutes of shooting at it and then the last fucking 2 minutes it faces away from you about to launch a nuke. If you don't stop it in time you get an insta-fail and have to do it all over again.
>>
>>334448485
LAUNCHING S-MINES
dat theme tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgZF4chvMpk
>>
>>334447383
Quiet was the biggest wasted potential ever. You have an open world game, and instead of her appearing organically and needing to be defeated outside of a mission, they box her into one small arena with less variety or interesting elements than the fight against The End.
>>
>>334448759
To be frank, I think she's the biggest waste of time and resources. If Kojima wasn't infatuated with Joosten, maybe more time would have been spent on fine-tuning other aspects of the game. Her whole character is self-contained and ends within this game. Kojima just dropped the ball hard with this game. The game is the biggest wasted potential.
>>
>>334447697
Kojima was "in charge" for MGS1, 2, and 3 as well.
Fuck off with your revisionist history.
>>
In the cut Mission 51, why did they show a picture of New York City at the end?
>>
>>334449664
Liquid did 9/11
>>
>>334447697
>Fukushima
I thought this meme was dead.
Look at the disaster he did with MGS2.
>b-b-but muh 2deep4u post-modernism

Fuck off.
>>
>>334447697
Kojima was the director of every single MGS.
Fukushima only took care of codec calls, which is why they were so forgettable in MGS4, and why the codec system was dropped in later games.
>>
>>334449836
>Fukushima only took care of codec calls
Not him, but I'm like 60% certain that Fukushima was in charge of boss fights
>>
>>334449906
If you're only that certain, maybe you should look it up before making such a bold claim.
>>
>>334447383
He gave MGSV regen health which made actual boss fights impossible
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.