[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>multiplayer game >the best way to play is using bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 16
File: 86868586879.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
86868586879.jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
>multiplayer game
>the best way to play is using bullshit techniques
It doesn't even look like sword fighting anymore
>>
Welcome to every multiplayer game ever.

Also I want to find this post.

>>334440000
>>
Tryhards ruined it.
>>
It was never a good game to begin with.

Play a real competitive genre like Fighting games or FPS.
>>
>>334440209
It IS a fighting game though, AND an FPS, AND it's really competitive. You're just a shit scrub and quit because you got dunked.
>>
>>334440403
>it's an FPS and a fighting game

I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.
>>
Not even chess follows the same meta.

This game is shit.
>>
>>334440507
Neither do you apparently..

You can shoot people in the head with bows and crossbows in first person.

You can fight people with melee weapons..
>>
Thanks for once again proving that /v/ is full of casuals.
>>
>>334440003
kek, Chivalry AKA "Spam fest simulator". such a joke of a game.

Seriously you want melee combat that actually takes skill? Mount & blade MP. The combat system can get incredibly indepth with alot of advanced techniques. ofcourse, most of the players are fucking noobs so you never see those techniques.
>>
>>334441269
>mount and blade
>in depth combat
Its a great game but lets not kid ourselves here.
>>
>>334440003
>It doesn't even look like sword fighting anymore
It looked nothing like sword fighting to begin with, just like any other game. If anything, acceleration drags makes the game more realistic.
>>
>>334441375
spoken like a true shitter
>>
>>334441269
LOL
Four attack directions, you can't hit multiple people at once, can't crouch or manipulate the bodies hitbox beyond simple footwork, can't manipulate your attacks to much, and you can't parry two different attacks at once.

No, chivalry is far superior, it's just mnb is older so all the neckbeards are loyal to it.
>>
>>334441269
im sorry, but your trash
>>
>>334441498
You're objectively wrong if you think mount and blade has more in depth combat than chivalry. Chivalry is literally more complex.

Mount and blade is legitimately fucking as basic as it gets when it comes to first person combat.
>>
File: 1459199442446.jpg (73 KB, 600x619) Image search: [Google]
1459199442446.jpg
73 KB, 600x619
>>334440003
>Spin as much as you can while spamming left click the game
>>
>>334441754
>Chivalry is literally more complex.
no it isn't
feint has a dedicated button in chivalry, that's how much more dumbed down it is
>>
File: 1404421760501.jpg (204 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
1404421760501.jpg
204 KB, 816x816
>>334441765
>mfw i spin2win my way through all the shitties and end up having an epic 30-second duel with a good player who knows how to deal with spins
>>
>>334441860
I don't think you understand what the term complex means.
>>
>>334441909
do you? chivalry isn't some super complex game you know, it's pretty simple
>>
>>334441982
It is pretty simple. You know what is even simpler? Mount and Blade.
>>
>>334441982
>>334441648
>>
File: 1459318020265.gif (1 MB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
1459318020265.gif
1 MB, 285x285
>>334441902
>Thinking this fun or realistic

Just because someone knows how to stop spinning doesn't justify the fact for the mass majority or even the fact that spin2win is a literal tatic
>>
>Not playing video games to win

fucking losers
>>
>>334442080
>no chambering
>"directional" combat
>omni directional block
>feinting makes people buttmad
>stamina system
dunno why you think it's a deep game at all
>>
>>334441269
I doubt you've played Chivalry at all. I've got over 1000 hours in both games, and Chivalry has a far higher skill ceiling because of the dynamic upper body, crouching and freedom in the attacks.
>>
>>334442230
Where did I say it was a deep game? Don't put words in my mouth. By the literal definition of the word complex however, it is a more complex game than Mount and Blade. The combat system in chivalry has more complexities in mount and blade. I'm not saying its some ultra complex game, but mount and blade is less complex than chivalry.
>>
WHO /MASON/ HERE

FOOOOR THE ORDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1450310381109.jpg (345 KB, 948x1078) Image search: [Google]
1450310381109.jpg
345 KB, 948x1078
>>334440003

>tfw MAA is so gimp compared to Vanguards and Knights

I just wanna deftly dodge shit and hit people with a well timed counter-attack.

This game would be a lot better if:

- Running out of stamina actually meant something. Players can still swing for the fences while completely exhausted, which makes no fucking sense. Slowing attack speed down and reducing damage on hit would go a long way.

- Remove the ability to do absurd 180 crouchstrikes. A lot of two-handed weapons have ridiculous active frames. Shave 2 or 3 active frames off both the beginning and end of each animation for fucks sake.

I think those two things would help make the game a lot better, but it will nevet happen because the autismo "competitive" community will scream and stamp their feet at the slightest notion of change.
>>
>>334442330
>The combat system in chivalry has more complexities in mount and blade.
how exactly? because you can cut in different directions? the end result is still the same
it isn't more complex, it's definitely faster but it's simpler
>>
>>334440003
>play game
>pro rank 50+ players do wacky crazy spinning and ducking attacks
>hold up shield
>after they're done spazzing out, stab them

I don't get these people, it's easy to just fight normally.
>>
>>334442425
Several people have given concrete examples as to why Chivalry is more complex. Why don't you make a counter-argument? I'll quote the posts for you since you seem to be purposely ignoring them

>>334442273
>>334441754
>>
>>334442227
>its only fun if you win

And i suppose you think that its your duty to let other players know when theyre not playing optimally by calling them fucking noobs?
>>
>>334442559
Meant to quote this post for my second quote
>>334441648
>>
>>334442425
>if something has more options than something else it doesn't make it more complex
It's the very definition, retard
>>
>>334442214
This is not a realistic game, sorry, but it's fun for me. And really, if it can be stopped but you're too new to do it, it's your fault.
>>
>>334441902
How do you stop the spins
>>
>>334442559
>dynamic upper body
what does that even mean?
>crouching
warband actually has crouching but it isn't in MP
but you can evade attacks by just moving the camera
>freedom in the attacks
which again doesn't matter because you can still block them with the same key
it's like playing with a shield in warband and saying it's more complex than without one
the second post doesn't have any "arguments"
>>
>>334442760
>>334442651

>warband actually has crouching but it isn't in MP
So it doesn't actually fucking count then, does it?
>>
>>334440507
First person swording, duh.
>>
>>334442660
>the end result is still the same
read the posts before you reply
>>
File: asdasdasdasd.jpg (104 KB, 573x800) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasdasd.jpg
104 KB, 573x800
>>334440003
pic related
>>
>>334442823
it's in NW but it isn't in native by default
so it still "counts" since that's an official dlc
>>
>>334442730
You instinctively block anything after putting in an insane amount of hours into a shit game
>>
>>334442080
Ur pretty simple.
>>
>>334441982
Especially since all the "i am de bestest at this game i kill u' fags use the exact same uncounterable exploit attack.

Diagonal jump strafe stab or w/e it is so the puny stab glitches through any thing the defender does ignoring shield/armour/parrying/blocking
>>
>>334442230
>chambering almost never happens
barely adds any depth to the game compared to chivalry's double parry/cftp system

>directional combat actually allows for attacks in literally any direction, as opposed to mnb's fixed attacks that can't be manipulated much or else you just miss

>"feinting makes people buttmad"
this is just showing you have nothing to say

>stam
yeah thats true, the stam could definitely use a boost, but also remember that your parry only lasts a second as opposed to mnb's INFINITE parry, this makes chivalry a much deadlier game in general, easier to die and easier to kill
>>
>>334442562
>its only fun if you win
That's exactly right how can anybody have fun if they lose
>>
File: intense left clicking action.webm (2 MB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
intense left clicking action.webm
2 MB, 600x375
RIP Sword Concert
>>
Fucking metal gear rising is the best sword combat game
>>
>>334443067
>barely adds any depth to the game
this is a shitter sentiment
>>directional combat actually allows for attacks in literally any direction
and it doesn't matter
you know why?
because the end result is still the same
it can be blocked by the same key, all you have to do is face in the general direction
>as opposed to mnb's fixed attacks that can't be manipulated much
do you not know how to use a mouse?
>this is just showing you have nothing to say
every time i've feinted in chiv, people actually got assmad
>yeah thats true, the stam could definitely use a boost
stamina is a terrible system
>but also remember that your parry only lasts a second as opposed to mnb's INFINITE parry
and holding an infinite parry just makes you more vulnerable to holding
>this makes chivalry a much deadlier game in general, easier to die and easier to kill
i agree with this, it's a faster paced game in general
>>
>>334442562
Yeah
Sure is fun when you win. Despite the two handed players incessantly running into other mellees and killing everyone .

Congratulations fag. You killed one half dead enemy...

>and 3 teammates

Chivalry would be great if the exploit was patched out and the player base wasn't full of retards.
>>
>>334442760
>what does that even mean?
It means you can move the upper body.
>warband actually has crouching but it isn't in MP
Okay.
>which again doesn't matter
You can attack wherever you want,which means more options in attacking. That makes it more complex by definition. You can't block in Chivalry by just pressing the block key, you also need to face the direction of the weapon. This is a lot harder than it sounds when fighting skilled players who stabs around your blocking hitbox. Your second argument also makes no sense since a shield in warband would make it less complex, since you no longer have 4 directions to block in,
>>
>>334442852
I'm sorry for not taking your autism into account before replying, I should have carefully explained that the end result obviously wouldn't be the same if one was more complex than the other.
>>
>>334442760
>dynamic upper body
it means you have a lot more control over your model than in mnb, if you played the game you wouldnt be asking this

>evading by moving the camera
the amount of evasion you can get from that is fucking tiny compared to all the ways you can evade in chivalry, sprinting, leaning, ducking, jumping. these are all things that you either cant do in mnb or fuck you over for trying

>freedom in attacks
it matters because it means you can take 1vx situations a lot easier than mnb, not only that but the amount you can fuck with your animations using this freedom lets you create attacks on the fly that you could never do in mnb
>>
>>334442760
Blocking requires aiming in chivalry, it's not just a key
>>
>>334443463
>It means you can move the upper body.
which you can do in warband
>Okay.
see >>334442936
it's also in viking conquest/WFAS but nobody plays those
>You can attack wherever you want,which means more options in attacking.
aesthetically it does yes, but gameplay wise no unless you get around their block
which you can do in warband too
>you also need to face the direction of the weapon
which you need to in warband
it isn't universal, you can also block the "wrong" attack if you angle it right (right with right, left with left)
>Your second argument also makes no sense since a shield in warband would make it less complex, since you no longer have 4 directions to block in,
that's the point
saying chivalry is more complex when you only have one direction to block in is wrong
you still have to face your opponent in both games to block their attacks
>>
>>334443610
i have autism
>>
>>334440003
This game has probably the worst animations I've seen in a first person game of the past decade or so. You'd think that in a game where sword-fighting is 99% of the content, the sword-fighting would actually look somewhat passable.

It's like they didn't even bother to improve the quality of the mod's animations, just piled in more of them.
>>
>>334443463
Except as previously mentioned. Most of the 'skilled' players you are talking about don't stab around your blockbox. They use the same shitty attack and glitch stab you in the head with armour / bpock etc not being involved at all.
>>
>>334443802
Animation = gameplay and balance

Your kind of cancerous casual who cares only about visuals should stick to consoles.
>>
File: bs.png (229 KB, 818x177) Image search: [Google]
bs.png
229 KB, 818x177
>>334443230
>tfw like 3 weeks after launch only people playing were way fucking better than me

It was fun on launch atleast with all the people getting salty at being 3shotted by whatever the fuck the 2hander samurai guy was with charged attacks and unexpected aerial leap charge attacks
>>
>>334443314
It's true though, chambering doesn't add much when compared to how much chivalry has over mnb, how many times do you actually see chambering? RARELY.

>do you not know how to use a mouse?
This isn't constructive to the argument, the fact is the amount of control you have over mnb's attacks is next to nothing compared to chivalry.

>stamina is a terrible system
It's needed though or else you could just combo forever, another feature that mnb lacks.

>vulnerable to holding
not my point, the point is feints dont matter much in mnb since you can just change your parry, you cant in chivalry, if you fuck up the feint read you take a hit, end of story. Takes a lot more skill imo.

>>334443779
>which you can do in warband
yeah but only like 10% compared to chivalrys 100%

>crouching
if its not useful in mp it doesnt exist

>gameplay wise no
you can confuse people, avoid blocks, and handle 1vx situations

>which you need to in warband
again, about 10% in comparison to chivalry, where if you dont parry certain attacks perfectly they hit you (the majority of attacks dont need that much aim to parry though)

>one direction to block in
nope, you actually have 4, one for jump attacks or dragged overheads, two for slashes/drag stabs, and one for reverse overheads

>you have to face your opponent to block
nope, you can block attacks by looking away and leaning up to get surprise ripostes in, but its hard to do and situational
>>
File: 3 Hit perfect.webm (2 MB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
3 Hit perfect.webm
2 MB, 800x500
>>334444361
It got much more funner when people got good, but got fucked over when the community started to be taken over by tryhard autists shortly after.
>>
>>334443779
You can't move your upper body to the same extent as in Chivalry, and it won't let you dodge attacks either. The dynamic upper body plays a huge role in making Chivalry more complex than M&B because it let's you accelerate and deaccelerate attacks, as well as ducking attacks or matrixing them.
The combo system let's you chain attacks together, making them faster. Combine everything above and you have much more depth than in M&B, I can't really see how you're still denying it.
I agree that Mount & Blade has a more complex blocking system, but since the attacks are so slow and predictable compared to Chivalry, the blocking is a lot easier.
>>
>>334444047
>Animation = gameplay and balance
And yet somehow Fighting games manage to have both, while this has neither. Or are you retarded enough to think that Chivalry has more gameplay depth and nuance than Street Fighter?
>>
>>334444572
>how many times do you actually see chambering? RARELY.
play with higher level players, pubs aren't going to chamber
>the fact is the amount of control you have over mnb's attacks is next to nothing compared to chivalry.
you can still manipulate the camera as much as you need to
in chivalry you can move around more sure, but it's a faster game about that sort of thing
>It's needed though
no it isn't
>or else you could just combo forever
if you have no stamina, the outcome of the fight is entirely based on the relative skill of the players
having a stamina system just limits the potential of a player
>the point is feints dont matter much in mnb
did you play MP at all? feinting is a huge part of the game
only shitters fall for an initial feint though, but holding is actually effective against more experienced players since they're so used to feints
>Takes a lot more skill imo.
no it just limits the possibilities of what happens in combat
>if its not useful in mp it doesnt exist
but it is useful, though not in the same situations
>you can confuse people
which is what feinting, holding, and footwork do in warband
>avoid blocks
again that's down to footwork in warband
>and handle 1vx situations
which is entirely possible in warband, but depends on the relative skill of players and the general situation
>nope, you actually have 4
it's still the same block, you just manipulate the camera
which, again, you can do in warband
>nope, you can block attacks by looking away and leaning up to get surprise ripostes in, but its hard to do and situational
and you can do this in warband too
>>
>>334442423
Nigga MAA is the best 1v1 class right now.
>>
>>334444938
>The dynamic upper body plays a huge role in making Chivalry more complex than M&B because it let's you accelerate and deaccelerate attacks
you can do this in warband by just moving into or out of attacks
you can also move the weapon closer to the target for the swing to occur sooner
>Combine everything above and you have much more depth than in M&B
it's faster and more movement oriented, but it isn't more complex
>but since the attacks are so slow and predictable compared to Chivalry
play on a server that doesn't use medium combat speed
any server that does is way easier to block on
>>
>>334442416
The peasants have risen up, and found swords.

Best Song in the game right here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdbNPe0n8c8
>>
>>334442730
with high ground
>>
I hate that they changed bows to no longer cancel attacks. Fucking braindead vanguard players who doesn't know how to dodge arrows whined and got their way.
>>
>>334444965
Lots of aniamtions are shit in sf. The l.HK of ryu in sf4 will always make me laugh.

Also, not the same budget and not the same type of game at all.
>>
>>334445143
>Play with higher level players
Kind of difficult when the game is so empty, but from what I've *seen* of high level play it still doesn't happen enough to make me jealous.
>you can still manipulate the camera
In a game about melee sword fighting, the more control you have over your character the better.
>not it isn't
Explain how you could balance the game around no stamina
>limits the potential of a player
yes and no, it adds an aspect of management to the game, you can't just attack or parry needlessly or else you'll waste your stamina, so a lesser players almost always ends up with no stam while a good player rarely runs out.
>feinting is a huge part of the game
I don't disagree with that, but it isnt nearly as lethal compared to chivalry, its usually quite spammy actually since you can just change you block direction if you didnt read it
>limits the possibilities
While it does limit it, it DOES take more skill, in mnb I can just change my block direction, in chivalry if you fuck up the block you die, how does this not make sense?
>but it is useful
really? care to link me to a video of that then?
>which is what feinting, holding, and footwork do in warband
yeah but they're all weaker mechanics when compared to chivalry's counterparts
>down to footwork in warband
again you say footwork, if mnb only has footwork for these aspects of gameplay then its obvious chivalry is better since theres more ways to move, its not just 'footwork'
>which is entirely possible in warband
yeah, its possible, but a lot fucking harder than in chivalry, and IMPOSSIBLE sometimes, in chivalry you can almost always come out on top in 1vx if you play it right
>it's still the same block
yeah but they have wildly different purposes (not to mention all the angles in between), where in warband your cardinal blocks require little camera adjustment
>you can do this in warband too
show me a video of it, pretty sure you cant block attacks you look away from in mnb
>>
>>334446985
>Kind of difficult when the game is so empty
has almost 5000 players right now
albeit it has a singleplayer, but that's pretty good for a 6 year old game
i've never had trouble finding a match in native or NW
>In a game about melee sword fighting, the more control you have over your character the better.
there isn't much more control you could add to warband without making it more faster or "unrealistic"
>Explain how you could balance the game around no stamina
it just inhibits players, stamina is just a handicap for everybody
>you can't just attack or parry needlessly
attacking/parrying needlessly in warband loses your momentum which is pretty important
>but it isnt nearly as lethal compared to chivalry
it isn't supposed to be more lethal in warband, it's supposed to give you a slight edge
>it DOES take more skill, in mnb I can just change my block direction, in chivalry if you fuck up the block you die
which just limits the skill on the player again
>really? care to link me to a video of that then?
i said it's useful, i didn't say in the same context as chivalry
it's generally used for cover, though it's hard to say how much more useful it would be in native since it isn't enabled in native
which is a big problem about native warband, there's a lot of features in warband that aren't enabled
>yeah but they're all weaker mechanics when compared to chivalry's counterparts
they're different, in chivalry it's more about fast kills and moving from target to target, warband is more about extended duels or longer fights
>if mnb only has footwork for these aspects of gameplay
it has jumping and footwork, but again chivalry is a more movement oriented game
that doesn't straight up make it more "skill based"
>but a lot fucking harder than in chivalry,
so the game is harder which makes it less skill based?
>and IMPOSSIBLE sometimes
if you're dumb enough to run into a 1v5 situation it's your own fault
>>
>>334444444
>>
>>334446985
>yeah but they have wildly different purposes
in chiv? no, it's the same block but you're just manipulating the camera to get the block to connect
>where in warband your cardinal blocks require little camera adjustment
that entirely depends on how your opponent is fighting, plus moving the camera too much can disorient you
>pretty sure you cant block attacks you look away from in mnb
if the weapon connects with the block before the player it counts
it's awkward to pull off but it's possible
>>
File: 1312406048428.jpg (36 KB, 317x265) Image search: [Google]
1312406048428.jpg
36 KB, 317x265
>>334447705
>>
>>334445534
You cheeky fuck
>>
>>334447631
>there isn't much more control you could add to warband without making it more faster or "unrealistic"
I don't see why those would be bad things, if it makes the game better then..
>it just inhibits players, stamina is just a handicap for everybody
True, but you didn't explain how you could balance the game without it. People would just be comboing forever, it would be hilariously stupid.
>attacking/parrying needlessly in warband loses your momentum which is pretty important
Yeah but the same could be said for chivalry.
>which just limits the skill on the player again
How? If you read it you can punish them, which takes incredible reactions. It vastly increases the skill ceiling, which is why I think mnb's version of feinting is so weak and spammy.
>i said it's useful, i didn't say in the same context as chivalry
then honestly it doesn't really matter
>they're different, in chivalry it's more about fast kills and moving from target to target, warband is more about extended duels or longer fights
Yeah but you can also have extended duels in chivalry, there's nothing stopping you besides poor reaction time.
>it has jumping and footwork, but again chivalry is a more movement oriented game that doesn't straight up make it more "skill based"
Jumping basically gets you killed unless you're a good situation to use it, not like chivalry where it's consistently reliable. Chivalry is more movement oriented, but also combat oriented, since it's so aggressive when you're up close.
>so the game is harder which makes it less skill based?
It's harder to screw in a lightbulb with no hands, doesn't mean you're a better electrician than a guy WITH hands who can screw in two at once.
>if you're dumb enough to run into a 1v5 situation it's your own fault
I'm talking about 1v2/1v3, you can't even hit multiple people with the same swing in mnb..
>>
>>334447765

>same block but you're just manipulating the camera to get the block to connect
Yeah, but again they have different purposes, if you don't use the right block you get it. The amount of unique directions you need to parry in, compared to mnb is huge.
>that entirely depends on how your opponent is fighting, plus moving the camera too much can disorient you
Same is true in chivalry, but compounded since it's all in first person. In chivalry you'll often have to completely take your camera off the opponent to block properly
>if the weapon connects with the block before the player it counts it's awkward to pull off but it's possible
Huh. Not sure if we have the same idea of a reverse parry, since in chivalry you need to crouch and use the torso control to do it.
>>
>>334449401
>I don't see why those would be bad things
because moving faster and jumping around all the time isn't the focus of warband
>if it makes the game better then..
generally moving faster doesn't make the game better
>but you didn't explain how you could balance the game without it
do you need to? warband doesn't have a stamina system
>People would just be comboing forever
that usually doesn't happen unless you have two very skilled players in warband, but sooner or later someone makes a mistake
>If you read it you can punish them, which takes incredible reactions. It vastly increases the skill ceiling
really feinting in chiv is more about fucking stamina than tricking people, considering how both feinting and blocking work
>which is why I think mnb's version of feinting is so weak and spammy.
warband's feinting is used to gain a slight edge, it's not used to instantly win fights
>there's nothing stopping you besides poor reaction time.
except the stamina system
>Chivalry is more movement oriented, but also combat oriented, since it's so aggressive when you're up close.
yes, it's more about moving from target to target to get quick kills, rather than extended fights
>It's harder to screw in a lightbulb with no hands, doesn't mean you're a better electrician than a guy WITH hands who can screw in two at once.
that just sounds like you don't know how to deal with multiple opponents
>I'm talking about 1v2/1v3
again, do you not know how to deal with multiple opponents?
>you can't even hit multiple people with the same swing in mnb..
thank christ
>>
>>334449543
>if you don't use the right block you get it
that isn't true, you can manipulate yourself to parry with the wrong direction but you generally don't need to
>The amount of unique directions you need to parry in
but it isn't unique directions
it's still the SAME direction you're just moving where it covers with the camera
>Same is true in chivalry, but compounded since it's all in first person
warband has a first person too
>In chivalry you'll often have to completely take your camera off the opponent to block properly
that's awful
>>
>>334440076

Don't hate the player. Hate the game. There will always be people looking to eek out any advantage they can in a multiplayer game and if the mechanics can't accommodate for these people, then it's a bad game.
>>
>>334449914
>because moving faster and jumping around all the time isn't the focus of warband
you're not supposed to jump all the time, it takes stamina. but anyways i think warband would be improved if it moved faster and had more movement options, regardless of its focus
>generally moving faster doesn't make the game better
it can, and it definitely adds to the skill ceiling. in general more options means better game
>do you need to? warband doesn't have a stamina system
yeah but its a slower game in every way, it doesnt really need one, and if it did have one it would be awful because of the speed
>really feinting in chiv is more about fucking stamina than tricking people, considering how both feinting and blocking work
stamina doesnt matter if you outplay your opponent from the start. not sure what your point is.
>warband's feinting is used to gain a slight edge, it's not used to instantly win fights
you dont instantly win fights by successfully feinting
>except the stamina system
which only comes into play if one of the players wasted stamina or didnt regen before the fight, and honestly fights rarely end in stam outs unless you're playing vanilla pubs
>yes, it's more about moving from target to target to get quick kills, rather than extended fights
but that doesnt mean you cant have extended fights, i've had duels that last minutes
>that just sounds like you don't know how to deal with multiple opponents
chivalry gives you more tools and paths to take out multiple opponents, so you can come out on top much much more often than in mnb
>>
>>334450104
>again, do you not know how to deal with multiple opponents?
i wish you would actually explain this point instead of just repeating a question like a broken record player. you cant even block two attacks at the same time in mnb, if you surrounded you're fucked
>thank christ
come on man, not being able to cleave through multiple people with one attack just proves how limiting mnb is compared to chiv, and it shows another reason why you can take out more opponents in chiv than in mnb. you're literally praising a shitty mechanic that decreases the skill ceiling of your game.
>that isn't true, you can manipulate yourself to parry with the wrong direction but you generally don't need to
you can, but its not consistent. if you dont parry the right angle you will get hit 99% of the time.
>it's still the SAME direction you're just moving where it covers with the camera
those are all angles though, directions you can be attacked from and need to block.
>warband has a first person too
its awful and nobody ever uses it, since 3rd gives you so much more situational awareness, another reason why chiv is more difficult
>that's awful
no it's actually great, it improves the skill ceiling quite a bit since it means you have to learn how to flick to the right spot to parry certain attacks, and then flicking back so you can attack.

anyways i have to go, its been fun, a lot better discussion than the usual shit posting i have to deal with

hopefully you'll go look at some actual comp matches in chiv and you'll see what im talking about as far as 1vx situations
>>
I enjoyed Chiv until I couldn't join the boob servers anymore and every match is just a bunch of asshats spinning harder than a vitamix.

I know For Honor is ubisoft and simplified, but I have to say playing the alpha really surprised me. Most fights felt like a skilled duel rather than a who gets lucky first shit fest. I hope ubisoft doesn't completely ream it out for the sake of DLC or micro transactions because I like me some sword fightan multiplayer.
>>
>>334451918
>but anyways i think warband would be improved if it moved faster and had more movement options, regardless of its focus
that'd just add balancing issues since damage is directly tied to movement speed
>it can, and it definitely adds to the skill ceiling. in general more options means better game
but in a direct comparison it's not like chivalry has all the features warband has in melee
chivalry has more movement but warband has more complex melee
>yeah but its a slower game in every way
it's slower in movement, not in combat
but that depends on the combat speed setting on the server
>you dont instantly win fights by successfully feinting
that entirely depends on who you're fighting
>which only comes into play if one of the players wasted stamina or didnt regen before the fight
it's still a pointless hindrance
>but that doesnt mean you cant have extended fights
i never said it doesn't, it's just not the focus of the game
>chivalry gives you more tools and paths to take out multiple opponents
in a game where you can move around faster it's going to be easier to take out multiple opponents
especially when the actual combat is simpler
>>
File: ben.jpg (23 KB, 839x361) Image search: [Google]
ben.jpg
23 KB, 839x361
>>334447871
it was a good trick
>>
File: 4a5.gif (1 MB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
4a5.gif
1 MB, 245x175
>>334452390
>>
MIND YOU

THEY BRING THE FIGHT TO US
>>
>>334441269
>think I'm pretty good vs AI, can solo decent sized band of bandits/hold my own in a siege
>try online
>dudes flying around swinging greatswords at or above the speed of sound
how does one get gud at this
>>
>>334440634
You can fight people in MOBAs, doesn't mean MOBAs are fighting games you dumb fuck
>>
Is there any way to improve the terrible, terrible bots for this game?
Or to make unlocking weapons not a chore?
I just want to play with some buds and it sucks not having the full arsenal.
>>
>>334452035
>i wish you would actually explain this point
don't stand still, move around, chamber if you can, use the environment, if FF is on try and make them hit each other
>you cant even block two attacks at the same time in mnb
if you're in reach of both opponents at the same time you're doing something wrong
>not being able to cleave through multiple people with one attack just proves how limiting mnb is compared to chiv
limiting? it just makes the game easier since you can hit everybody around you
>and it shows another reason why you can take out more opponents in chiv than in mnb
because it's a faster, easier game
that's the point
>you're literally praising a shitty mechanic that decreases the skill ceiling of your game.
hitting through multiple opponents is terrible fantasy shit
>you can, but its not consistent.
it is consistent but it generally isn't worth doing
>if you dont parry the right angle you will get hit 99% of the time.
that's how the game works, so yes
>those are all angles though
it's just manipulating the camera to get blocks in, it isn't "more directions"
it's like saying skyrim or dark messiah has more directions to block in since you can move the camera freely to block
>its awful and nobody ever uses it
they do for couching/ranged
>another reason why chiv is more difficult
the 3rd person view in warband is pretty tight, and most people put the FOV in chiv to be similar to a 3rd person game anyway
>no it's actually great,
not being able to see what you're doing is garbage
>>
>>334441375
>>334441498
>>334441754
>>334441860
>>334441909
>>334441982
>>334442080
>>334442230
>>334442330
>>334442425
>>334442559
>>334442651
>>334442823

Holy fucking shit, this is just a thread of posts that are literal "MY GAME IS MORE DEEP" -"NUH UH MINE IS"

MAKE A FUCKING POINT YOU DUMB FUCKING CUNTS. HOW OLD ARE YOU
>>
>>334452879
>thread is on topic
>better get mad at it
>>
>>334442882
>bullshit
only if you're trash at the game
>>
>>334453024
Well I'm not surprised this thread is going to shit if that's the level of standard retards like you expect from yourselves.

>it's on point dwab
>>
>>334453147
>Well I'm not surprised this thread is going to shit
sorry it's not another twitter screencap, eceleb, or das3 thread
>>
>>334453230
Never said it should be. Keep strawmaning
>>
File: 1459097543239.jpg (23 KB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
1459097543239.jpg
23 KB, 500x444
>take MAA
>staff
>be that annoying cunt who only attacks from the back/when the opponent is already in a fight/etc.
>>
you're delusional if you think Chivalry's combat is deeper than M&B's tbqh
>>
>>334440064
this

you faggots say "just get gud"

but what you mean is

>get gud like the average brazilian and korean who is too poor to buy more than one game and has nothign better to do and masters the game and exploits the gameplay with a specific formula that ruins it for everyone else unless they conform to the same retardedly boring and strict formula

Fucking poorfags and third worlders ruin multiplayer games
>>
File: tumblr artist cooks dinner.jpg (335 KB, 1094x821) Image search: [Google]
tumblr artist cooks dinner.jpg
335 KB, 1094x821
>mfw Saiga with extended magazine on battlefield games
There's nothing wrong when. It's a few guys playing with it but try an entire team spamming shotguns no stop
>>
>>334453671
>Not creepypasta.jpg
>>
>>334453612
some games like rocket league are unaffected by this, because its all about skill, not just cheap bullshit formulas and exploits
>>
>>334453612
This. Niggers act like they're at ESL or some shit. How the fuck is spinning even fun? I mean yeah you'll mop the floor with people using it, but it doesn't take any skill, and the 'interaction' with the game is almost non existent. It's a straight up exploit to circumvent actual gameplay. Winning isn't even worth it at that point. Playing at all isn't.

I can stop spinners. Doesn't mean I enjoy doing it. Faggots just suck the fun out of games with stupid shit like that, even when you know how to counter it. And all for some autismal desire to be the best at a game no one gives a shit about you being the 'best' at.
>>
>>334453914
is this the only time where "tryhard" is a valid insult
when people suck the enjoyment out of a game because they're all using the same boring meta you see everywhere
>>
So, does anyone have a video of this bullshit in play?
>>
>>334454131
Pretty much. It's the same shit that made me move from playing Men of War at a higher level and just stick to mods.

After awhile it's just the same boring shit of autocannon spam and timing purchases of the same old SP units, to the point where 80% of a faction's unit roster never gets touched because it's just obsolete noob traps. Why get a sniper when you can justr drive a luchs around murder-raping 2-3 times it's resource cost before it dies? Why buy howitzers when they cost 10 times as much as what they kill and lose effect after the first shell of their volley because your opponent can just move out of the way while your howitzer HAS to fire 6 rounds instead of one so you can adjust? Why buy engineers when a static AA gun is cheaper and more effective at killing infantry in cover than satchels, flamethrowers,etc?

Boring metas kill games. Doubly so when it's cheesy game-breaking exploit bullshit like spinning in chivalry.
>>
>>334454607
similar sort of thing happened to war of the roses, it only got worse each subsequent patch as the playerbase shrunk
it was really disappointing too since wotr had some really neat mechanics
>>
File: halberd.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
halberd.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>334454246

It's pretty fun.

If you never played the game, here's what's happening. The guy with halberd either hit them with the thrust or miss, then combo into a overhead swing. The overhead hit tracers actually starts behind his character, so he hits them with it as he turns around.

Only noobs cry about this desu. Range is shit and pretty predictable. Especially if you run into the same person more than once and caught on his fighting style. If you fall for the same shit multiple times, then you're a retard.
>>
>>334454246
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ein40TfL8bs

Don't listen to >>334454893

This shit is broken as fuck and exploits terrible hitboxes. There's no 'skill' involved in this shit. Can it be stopped? Yes. Is it inordinately difficult and not worth bothering with the game over because skill-deficient faggots have to use game exploits as their crutch while parroting 'git gud' with no sense of irony? Yes.

There's no point in playing a sword game where you have to fight around wonky, invisible hitboxes and move unnaturally in order to defend yourself. This shit isn't some 'intended' mechanic. It's autists breaking the gameplay and killing the community for a fun little niche game just to pad numbers on a scoreboard.
>>
>not playing the expansion
takes a couple of hours to get used to but then you don't wanna go back
>>
>>334455263
you know what the funny thing about this is?
this was in war of the roses and killing floor 2
and it got (effectively) patched out of both games
i don't know if you can do it in chivalry, but in both games you could hit multiple opponents
it was horrible in roses because you could hit multiple hitboxes on people and get multiple hits in a single stab
>>
>>334455515
>Buying the expansion.
I would have, but the terrible state the base game ended up being in deflected my shekels.
>>
>>334440064
What a waste of a get
>>
>>334440076
>tryhards

ITT: Casual babbies
>>
File: 1435963343814.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1435963343814.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>334456397
>Spinning takes skill
>>
>>334452879
Great points there anon
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.