[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst Area in the game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: DARK-SOULS-III_20160330174902.jpg (494 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK-SOULS-III_20160330174902.jpg
494 KB, 1920x1080
This game really has roller coaster design like DaS1 does. For every awesome area there is one that is absolute shit. Difference is that they are all really pretty looking.

I was convinced it couldn't get worse than the Catacombs of Carthus, but then I got to the King's Garden. Then I get to Anor Londo and realize it might be the biggest disappointment in Souls history.

I thought nothing could be worse than those, but now I'm at pic related and am so tired of the legion of fast infinite aggro range following ganksquads that will stun lock you unless you lure each of them out individually. It's not even that it is hard or easy but just that it is extremely tedious and boring. I was hoping it would be a short area and the boss would be the end, but here I am in the third bonfire and it's only getting more obnoxious.

So /v/ what is your least favorite area in DaS3? if you haven't beaten the game just pick your least favorite so far. Feel free to say why.

http://strawpoll.me/7383949
>>
please vote. I will be sending the results to Miyazaki himself. I am his father
>>
I voted but man, I think you really should make a separate poll for favorite area.
>>
>>334432365
Catacombs of Carthus is great though.
Kings Garden is pretty shite but has a pretty big shortcut that's really easy to get to, and the boss is alright.
Archdragon Peak is fucking awful just because of the framerate alone. Where is the fucking patch from? My GPU isn't THAT shitty.
>>
>>334432365
What is up with Miyazaki and poison swamps, holy fuck this place is terrible
>>
>>334434674
The best meme
>>
>>334433882
Hey not a bad idea. This thread looks like it won't last long so I might wait until tomorrow or something to see what area people really like. I think for me it has to be Irithyll. Area completely kicks my ass but aesthetically it might be my favorite Souls area ever and the enemies are among the most intimidating in the franchise. Each one feels like a mini boss that shouldn't respawn.

>>334434290
You know the King's Garden is bad when the shortcut saves you of fifty feet, but is still basically mandatory. The whole area is a waste of time and I don't even get why it exists. It isn't even put in a clever place. It's literally just one of two pathways you can take, the other being the one you actually need to go to. There's hardly any point to the area other than an optional boss.

And yeah the boss is pretty cool.

>>334434674
They would rather keep pandering to DeS and DaS1 than do anything new. BB and DaS2 are the only games that seemed to actively try new stuff and DaS2 was ostracized because of it.

Look forward to Dark Souls 4 having the following

>area with a ton of items with a dragon that stays there and keeps shooting fire
>most of its moves instant kill or two shot you but it is easily taken care of by unloading 100 arrows into it
>swamp area with poisoned ground that slows your movement and a bunch of strong enemies not at all impeded by the speed reduction
>guy sitting at the hub area who has given up on his journey and periodically gives you stuff
>Patches
>more praise the sun, havel, and catarina meme shit
>catacomb like area with skeletons

I'm surprised they didn't have an NPC that kills your other NPCs this time around, especially with how many NPCs are in your hub world this time
>>
>>334434942
>I think for me it has to be Irithyll.

word. Did you play DS2 DLC?
>>
Am I the only one that liked Farron Keep?
I mean I wouldn't say like, but I certainly didn't hate it. Probably the best poison shithole level out of all the souls games.
>>
>>334435069
It's pretty fun
>>
>>334434942
some things are pandering but there are some things that are just token of FROM games and have been in games outside the souls franchise. Namely, Patches and MLGS. I think it's neat that each game has this little tangent recurring theme. Catarina kind of makes sense, although ward's story being so similar to meyers doesn't, and the praise the sun shit actually made me mad when I saw it. I'm so fucking sick of the sun covenant, just do something else you assholes.
>>
>>334432365
Does most of the armor in this game make you look like a fucking retard? That looks horrible
>>
>>334435069
having to actually complete a goal in an area instead of just getting to the end was fun.

I also liked the side area with asylum/firesage or whatever demon it was
>>
>>334435031
Yeah I did. I didn't care for the ice DLC in DS2 and I think the setting looked like shit there it was just too much white. Irithyll is perfect. It looks like some sort of utopia at Christmas time. I was blown away how beautiful it was. The enemy design there is really regal too and so is the boss. Everything there has so much polish to it.

>>334435069
I liked it because I love BB and I feel like the enemies and style of the area were very BB ish.

Plus I liked the torch gimmick. It was a fun way to make people want to explore the area. The sense of dread and escalation you get is great too. it actively punishes people who just try to run through everything as basilisks and those goats will just aggro you all day
>>
>>334435069
It's a cool area. You can breeze past everything and just explore the ruins. It wasn't creepy like darkroot, though, the area it seems to be based off of.

>>334435460
Dark Souls has some of the best armors. OP chooses to look like he is mentally challenged.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.