[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SEND HELP! SEND HELP NOW! No but seriously this guy is fucking HARD.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: Oh shit!.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Oh shit!.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
SEND HELP!
SEND HELP NOW!

No but seriously this guy is fucking HARD.
>>
to be frank i think dragonslayer armour is harder, and aldrich
>>
>that health
>that weapon
LOL
>>
File: Comfy.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Comfy.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>334431007
Well he's just completely rekt me, so I'm definitely not looking forward to the two guys you mentioned.

Back to chilling by the fire. It's chilly out there, don't cha know.
>>
>>334430853
Take some time to get his parrys down. Once you can parry even 1 of his moves hes easy peasy lemon squeezy.
>>
>>334431357
well, let's just say i hope you like dodging projectiles
>>
>>334431330
I have 24 VIG and I'm using the Ring of Life which further boosts my HP. The fuck you talking about?

Also I have a +7 Claymore but holy fuck it's slow. Really strong but far too cumbersome for most of the faster enemies.
>>
>>334431872
>I'm using the Ring of Life
You should have so many better fucking rings than +50hp.
>>
beat him with a +6 shortsword

he doesn't have much health and isn't hard to dodge

just roll around and learn his moves
>>
>>334432123
I don't really. I have about 15 and all of them are fucking useless. Although, I do have one which increases invincibility frames for rolling but it also lowers your overall defense. Maybe I should start using that.
>>
try rolling
>>
>>334430853
Not really, his ghost telegraphs everything he'll do. Also you can almost kill it before it does anything.

I do recommend getting his flame sword from his soul because its the coolest weapon in the game.
>>
>>334430853
summon 2 npc outside.
Blackhand something and Anri. you are good to go.
>>
>>334432489
I haven't summoned so far and I've beaten 7 bosses. If instart summoning now, I probably won't stop summoning, and then it won't really feel like a beat the game properly.
>>
File: dogemonogatari.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
dogemonogatari.gif
2 MB, 400x300
An anon in one of the threads yesterday told me if I kill the woman who gave me the banner at the beginning of the game I can skip a large section of the game. Is this true or am I about to do something stupid? Is it a bad decision even if it is true?
>>
>>334432628
just have fun m8. dont try too hard.
>>
>>334432809
It just turns into a bossfight. So do it, since the game is all about bosses
>>
>>334430853

Just parry him nigga
>>
Wait how do you upgrade estus.

I've been taking the shards to the blacksmith to get more of them, is there a way to improve the quality of them too?
>>
>>334432628
>not summoning every NPC you can find on your first playthrough
But nigga the questlines
THE QUESTLINES NIGGA
>>
>>334430853
>Only +4.
I'm guessing you only have 7 estus too.
>>
I want to share with you guys.

I've never really played Dark Souls before.

I pirated Dark Souls 3 today and after I think 4 tries I finally defeated the first boss. Feels like an achievement to me.
>>
>>334431357
>no Onion bro sitting there.

Seems ya fucked up.
>>
>>334432997
9. I also have another boneshard which I just haven't burnt yet. So +5 really.
>>
>>334432997
speaking of, I've beaten the abyss watchers and went to the cathedral before going into the catacombs, when do I find large titanite shards? My Claymore deserves better than +3
>>
>>334432936
Well okay, after all, two Anons would never try to steer me in the wrong, right?
>>
>>334431357
I would say Pontiff is the hardest in the game or at least one of the hardest. If you have trouble with him Dancer will likely give you problems as well.

These are definitely Bloodborne styled bosses. Without the Bloodborne dodge system or gun parries though it's really fucking frustrating especially if your weapon is slow or you don't have enough stamina to deal with their fifty hit combos
>>
>>334433069
Great, expect that feeling for most of the game. They are fun.
>>
>>334433092
I fucked up that questline ages ago. When I went to find him in the hidden area of Undead Settlement, he wasn't there. And that was just after doing the Deaconsn fight.
>>
>>334433158
I'm up to +7 right now.
Also really? the ice sword?
Heavy weapons are ass in this game. Everything attacks too fast and has far too much poise for a heavy weapon. fuck man Heavy weapons barely do more damage than a fucking Long sword at the same rank.
>>
>>334432809
You get the hardest boss in the game early and can get her baller weapon early and then you'll proceed to the worst areas in the game and then reach a dead end.

I fail to see the point at all.
>>
>>334433361
The ice sword is a pretty fast weapon. It has the exact same moveset as the longsword, with possibly just a tad more range on the poke. I haven't found anything faster, except for that Katana.
>>
>>334433329
What do you mean he wasn't there. the first time you go to the tower he rises up from the elevator to greet you. then when you go up the elevator and then go back down he is on the second floor of the tower.

How in the fuck did you miss him?
>>
File: Sequence 01.webm (898 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Sequence 01.webm
898 KB, 720x405
Try parrying
>>
>>334433365
>implying

have you fought nameless king yet?
>>
File: Medium Honk.gif (109 KB, 209x193) Image search: [Google]
Medium Honk.gif
109 KB, 209x193
>>334433365
>worst areas in the game
Worse than Farron Keep?
>>
>>334433216
Dude don't do it if you don't wanna. But missing out on a boss fight just because
>"muh feelings for npc lady"
is kinda sad. The game is all about the bosses, not the shitty npcs. I have no idea if it does effect story either, all I know is, it was a bretty gud fight
>>
Yeah, OP. I was doing him solo for about an hour, His first form is simple if you just kite him with the dragoncrest shield but that second form si fucking horse shit.
So i summoned a phantom and it was a hacker who killed the boss without entering the room, thanks I guess
>>
be sure to vote

http://strawpoll.me/7383949
>>
>>334433640
farron keep is babby consumed king's garden
>>
>>334433595
>tfw I've died to every humanoid boss so many times just form seeing if I can parry them
I feel like I'm wasting my time with it but I do it anyway.
>>
>>334433640
King's Garden and the dragon area are WAY worse than Farron Keep. Catacombs is also worse. If you thought Farron Keep was bad you haven't seen anything yet.
>>
>>334433503
The Astroa or whatever long sword is just as fast with the exact same move set and is enchantable along with being stronger than the ice sword by the time you get Large shards.

>>334433196
Smoldering lack right under the Catacombs has like 14 large shards just lying around in a wide open space. that and once you get passed the cathedral normal enemys drop the large shards.
>>
>>334433523
Right, the thing is, I did meet him at the lift, but that was the only time I was there. I never went up the lift, I just went down and onto Road of Sacrafices. Then I just completely forgot about Onionbro until someone brought it up in a thread and now the motherfucker ain't there.
>>
>>334433879
Sounds like your own problem.
>>
>>334433843
How can catacombs be worse than the shitfest that is Farron Keep when The Catacombs was the best area in Dark Souls 1?
>>
>>334433879
He will be ontop of the tower still then. Just drop down as the elevator goes up, and he'll be pondering how to kill the fire monster thing
>>
I hate Dark Souls threads like this because there's always a few faggots saying "dude I did in only one try"
Feels like we're back on the playground in 5th grade and the kids are trying to brag
>>
>>334434080
There seems to be an issue on PC where NPC's don't spawn properly.

My patches, Onionbro and a few other just don't exist. I've gone to where they all should be but they just aint there. The ground also doesn't load in properly sometimes and I fall though along with a plethora of other issues. Seems this needs some serious patching.
>>
>>334434080
I lost it when he went

>now you've done it

while I charged in
>>
>>334434080
He's not there. I already went to find him and nothing. Ended up just killing the fire demon and forgetting about that questline. In fact, I think the only NPC questline I still have going is from the Knight lady. Found her at the second bonfire in Irythall Valley after killing her partner down in Smouldering lake. Not sure why it didn't give me the option to tell her where horrice was though, and that I just rammed a claymore up his ass.
>>
>>334431007
Aldrich is literally "Please Don't Ram Your Heavy Sword Into My Boypussy" the boss, he is almost completely incapable of hitting directly behind him or anywhere near the end of his tail
>>
>>334434065
Sounds like you have really bad taste so I'm not sure what to tell you
>>
>>334433850
Too bad I spent all my Large Titanite upgrading that stupid claymore. I spent a few upgrading my fire longsword too, which I don't even use. I just waste titanite, I don't know what's wrong with me.
>>
>>334434757
This. Once you stop getting overwhelmed by how crazy the fight seems he actually isn't that bad. Been farming him for souls and embers in co-op.
>>
>>334434757
I really don't get how people have trouble with him. After roasting him I proceeded to just coop him for people for hours because it's so easy to tear him to shreds. You would think he would have some means to defend his tail but it really is as easy as just whacking up him from behind all day.

He is also REALLY vulnerable to bleed. On my current build I usually do 1000+ damage to him solely in bleed after every one of my combos.
>>
>>334435154
what build fampai
>>
>>334435050
is the claymore really that bad? I've been using it since DS1, maybe I should switch to the dancer's ice sword or a spear
>>
>>334433595
He seemed too big to parry. Looks like he is easier to parry than the watchers.
>>
>>334435268
It's the same as it was in DaS1, same speed and moveset, but now it has DOGSHIT scaling. D in both STR and DEX. The problem really lies with how fast the enemies are in DaS3 though. All the bigger swords feel really slow and clumsy now, and they don't have the power to make up for their lack of speed.
>>
>>334430853
>he's having trouble beating up a decrepit old man who is as skinny as a holocaust survivor
>>
>>334435268
Slow two handed weapons are effectively worthless in this game. Everything has poise up the fucking ass, Infinite Stamina and attack stupidly fast.
>>
>stack on heavy ass poise shit
>walk into two dogs and use the "increases poise" weapon skill
>before I can finish casting a single WoG, they've already attacked me about 7 times and I get stunlocked

Then, From Software, WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF THIS STAT?
>>
>>334435521
This.

Fast swords are honestly far better because they do the exact same damage with a fraction of vulnerability. Sure, your Estoc isn't doing 300damage a hit but it's doing the same if not more DPS while stunlocking assholes.
>>
So no one has answered this in any of the Dark Souls 3 threads I've asked. Can you upgrade armor?
>>
>>334436121
No, you can't and thank god for that.
>>
>>334436121
Nah thats gone, we pure fashion souls now. Armour does jack shit in this game.
>>
Why does he have too hit so hard? I get two shotted by him from any attack. What vigor do most players have when facing him?
>>
>>334435819
In PvP though huge wide swinging weapons are basically the only way you can be successful in invading because there is virtually no way to catch people who run or infinite roll or hug their phantoms any other way
>>
>>334436424
I have 24 VIG and be can definitely 3 shot me.
>>
>>334436424
Modern Souls design. Since BB I guess they've become obsessed with this idea that every boss needs to be fast, have a bunch of combos, infinite stamina, poise through all your attacks, and two shot you and have a grab that one shots you or leaves you at 90% health lost with no window to heal.

It's a bit tedious at this point. They also insist on giving you more and more healing so that they can justify making bosses like this. I would rather there universally be an inability to heal during boss fights if it meant they did less damage and I could actually feel like I'm fighting something instead of just attacking a giant fucking wall.
>>
>>334436573
Thrust weapons like rapiers.
You can also throw daggers while sprinting to stun people/finish them off.

Greatswords are only good against unexperienced people, the few blues I've gone up against with thrusting weapons have sent me to the ownzone because they'd just interupt my attacks thanks to poise doing fucking nothing.
>>
>>334430853
Learn to parry, nerdo. He's ezmode.

second phase just beat the fuck out of his shadow when he summons it and chip away at him while he walks around figuring out what to do instead of making parryable attacks
>>
>>334433687
>all those votes for early game areas

y'all in for for a world of hurt
>>
Why are there so many children not playing blind and diluting the experience tenfold?
>>
Anyone in ps4 looking to hold someone's hand through Aldrich?
>>
>>334437225
because /v/ is full of casuals who want to look hardcore by saying they beat certain bosses blind, but leaving out that they did it with two summons after having watched gameplay videos
>>
File: 1450402699790.jpg (95 KB, 1280x840) Image search: [Google]
1450402699790.jpg
95 KB, 1280x840
Somebody gib me this game.

Well it was worth a shot.
>>
>>334433687
Dungeon isn't on top jesus christ, am the only one groaning every time i have to see that shitty place again?
>>
>>334437520
Sent :)
>>
>>334434234
When people bitch abut bosses being unfair it's only right to tell them it's not the games fault they're dying
>>
>>334437758
Thanks man, did you remember to send me the noose so I can kill myself? I'm not good at tying ropes.
>>
Some of the other bosses were easier than the tutorial boss.

I do see how it is unfair for some players.
>>
Wow Demon King is a chump. You can bait him into doing the same attacks over and over. I guess thats the demon way for From games.
>>
>>334437527
I liked every area of dungeon except for that dumb room with all the wardens that drain your health. That shit sucked.
>>
Is it ever explained why exactly enemies have 7-chain wide AoE combos and then dont actually stop before doing them again?

The whole point of Dark Souls is to exploit windows of opportunity, not summon 2 phantoms.
>>
>>334439384
it's straight up the opposite. the souls games were designed with co-op in mind first
>>
>>334433687
Profaned Capital is clearly the worst.

It's two fucking areas and one of them is covered in toxic and rehashed enemies.
>>
What is the trick to parrying in 3? In 1 it was watch the arm rather than the weapon to usually land one. 2 messed it up and I never figured it out and I'm having trouble with 3's.
>>
>>334430853
That boss was naughty as fuck

hardest one ive come across
ive just killed some shitty dog called something of the consumed

>>334433595
RIGHT OF IT
>>
>>334439996
Yeah I've found it weird as well.
Anyone got tips?
>>
>>334439996
The trick is just not even to bother with it except against a handful of bosses
>>
>>334440127
I'd rather know how to parry since its been useful as fuck every time I've done one.
>>
File: grr.gif (2 MB, 291x244) Image search: [Google]
grr.gif
2 MB, 291x244
Im in Undead settlement

There's this hanged body that has an item

But it drops all the way down to an area that takes too fucking long to get to

I went down first, and tried shooting at the body to drop it to me instead, but it fucking stayed up there

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET IT, do they expect me to suffer the long way with the fucking arrow bombing area and fatass GILF mage?
>>
>>334432329
How do you not have the cloranthy ring at this point? do you even explore?
>>
>>334435521
>>334435819
>>334436091
I've been plowing through the game solo with the Greatsword since I found it. What it lacks in speed, it makes up for with range, damage and staggering power. It's also fantastic when dealing with large crowds, since I can gather the enemies together, take a swing and knock them all on their asses.
>>
File: 20160415233523_1.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160415233523_1.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1080
Is this guy trustworthy?
>>
>want to do fatih build
>miracles blow chunks
>blessing infusion is ass
>lightning infusion and that sweet swordspear are practically at the end of the game
kill me
>>
>>334440553
You literally miss out on half the NPCs in the entire game unless you not only take him with you but also do his quest.

Its such bad game design
>>
>>334440553
He gives you five free levels.
>>
>>334440553

Yes

He sells you magic stuff in the hub and can level you up right away for free
>>
>>334430853
Roll roll attack
>>
>>334440307
I hit it from the side, so that it initially lands on the edge. Then, I picked it up as soon as the prompt showed up, before it slid off the cliff.
>>
>>334440307
>do they expect me to kill enemies to get an item
Stop being a bitch.
>>
>>334440553
He's required for 1 or 2 endings. He's not evil but turn you hollow if you accept his free level.
>>
>>334440626

>It's bad game design to give you optional things if you do optional things

Sounds like you suck at exploring
>>
>>334432995
this aint dark souls 2
>>
>>334440065
>Hardest one ive come across.

OHOHOHO ANON I HAVE SOME BAD NEWS FOR YOU.

on a difficulty scale he is at most an 8, thier is a boss much harder later on. pontiff is practically tutorial boss compared to him.
>>
>>334440765
Fucking me out of half the events in the game and removing the magic vendor from my playthrough with no warning because I didn't accept his hollowing is outright bad game design

It makes no sense that my onion bro story has to be cancelled because I didn't suck this guys hollow cock. It makes NO. SENSE. That int builds are fucked if they made the same choice I did

They should have made a separate magic vendor if thats what they wanted to do
>>
So is that Dragon in Lodric wall just going to stay there breathing fire and shit?

Can you do anything about it?
>>
>>334435154
He always fucks my day up with his eternal homing arrow rain.
>>
>>334441063
shoot arrows at it, once it get's down to 30ish precent he fly away. until he returns later on in the game.
>>
>>334440390
I have that ring and I'm wearing it. Look below my HP bar in the OP pic.
>>
>>334440686

> He's not evil but turn you hollow if you accept his free level.

Hollow?
>>
Am I the only one who actually liked Farron Keep? I loved the atmosphere and art design of it, and I found it to be the least annoying of all the Souls swamp areas. Smouldering Lake is much, MUCH worse.
>>
>>334440991
Isn't the vinheim guy the actual magic vendor? Do you not get him if you leave Yoel alone?
>>
>>334441201
i hated farron keep at first, but then everything that came after made it pale in comparison
>>
Is Yoel required for Anri? He just disappeared after mentioning Aldrich in firelink
>>
>>334441145
Sprint your ass towards where you think he's going to appear and hope you're close enough that he doesn't use it at all
>>
>>334441216
He just doesn't know what he's talking about, that's all.
>>
>>334441467
I did the opposite and fucked right off to a corner, though eventually I got some good RNG and killed him. Thanks From!
>>
>>334441461
As long as there's a girl in his place, you're fine.
>>
>>334441168
You can pay and have the Firekeeper remove the hollowing or use an item to hide the hollowing or wear a ring.
>>
>>334441201
It gave that feeling of hopping from island to island that lower Blighttown never quite had.
>>
>>334441642
Yuria? I'll do his questline in ng+ then. Hopefully the guide stop being shit by then.
>>
>>334441642
>pay 30k souls because I thought it would give me something good
>it actually cucks you out of half the game
I guess that's on me.
>>
>>334441829
That is his questline. He dies after leveling you up 5 times.
>>
File: 20160416134709_1.jpg (502 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160416134709_1.jpg
502 KB, 1920x1080
Are my stats good, /v/?
>>
>>334441935
What are you talking about?
>>
>>334441949
I know, I'm asking about Anri, he just disappeared.
>>
>>334440991
Siegward doesn't require Yoel, the fuck you talking about?
>>
>>334431007

Dragonslayer Armour is amazing once you get down his patterns and learn what you can and cannot do. Easily my favorite fight out of the whole game.

It helps too that his health is buffed to absurd levels if you summon, so you gotta git gud and do it your damn self.
>>
>>334442086
Anri comes and goes. You'll meet up later on.
>>
>>334441168
You look like a zombie. The uglification thing from previous souls game. Just wear a face-concealing mask.
>>
>>334442086
Sorry, thought you meant Yoel. Anri should be in the Catacombs after that.
>>
>>334442169
I already beat Aldrich, he was supposed to be in the catacombs but never found him.
>>
Is Level 54 too low to be fucking around with Old Demon King? I can consistently get him down to 40% health solo, and 25% health with summons but I feel like I'm doing next to no damage, and I die almost immediately.

Maybe from very few health investments?
>>
I just beat him. He is hard. You CAN kill the ghost, but honestly he keeps his distance when it's alive so if you need to heal up do it before you kill it.

Also I found when there is no ghost getting as close to him and his ass as possible kept me alive longer.
>>
If Anri wasn't a guy in your game, you're probably a faggot. Sorry to be the one to tell you.
>>
>>334442413
Just observe his patterns and he's easy

>Always does two swings, attack after the second one
>If you stay in close range, he'll do the fireball, so back off to mid after you attack
>When he starts slamming his weapon into the ground he is casting one of 4 possible spells. Just run the fuck out and hide behind a mound of bodies until he finishes

Follow these guide lines and you're good.
>>
>>334442412
There are two separate locations in the Catacombs to find Anri. The first is sort of near the entrance, the next is near the wooden bridge. If you know the locations from checking videos or whatever and he/she isn't there, then he/she is probably gone from the playthrough.
>>
>>334442605
>playing as a chick when theres no skimpy armor
>marrying a dude
>calling others gay
>>
>>334435819
I'm doing a Dex/str hybrid and using a +5 claymore

I honestly don't know what you guys are complaining about, time your attacks and use your superior range. I've been PvPing against Dex invaders just fine, haven't lost more than one fight. I also stunlock enemies all the time. Obviously the bigger enemies will be immune, that would be OP.
>>
>>334442759
>no skimpy armor
Not him, but dancer is best armor.
>>
>>334442710
Its that ring spell that always fucks me. Mistime the dodge by half a second and you just fuggin die
>>
>>334443159
yeah just run. Also what level is your vit, that should not be one shotting you
>>
>>334443159
Just run away when he's about to do it.
>>
File: 1429650683593.jpg (29 KB, 496x379) Image search: [Google]
1429650683593.jpg
29 KB, 496x379
>>334433365

>Dancer
>Hardest boss

Huh? Early on she's probably a pain but OP's post was way worse.
>>
>>334433595
MUH DICK
>>
Wait, is the Irithyll Straight Sword really not that great? I've been running it ever since I've gotten it.
>>
>>334443786
It's not that bad, but I always wind up just using the broadsword.

Finding titanite may be easier but you still don't get enough of the rarer materials to warrant wielding anything other than a standard weapon on your first playthrough.
>>
File: hungry batman.jpg (5 KB, 165x188) Image search: [Google]
hungry batman.jpg
5 KB, 165x188
Fuck the Cathedral of the Deep in general.
Whoever designed this area should get an award for Biggest Asshole Ever.
Cathedral of the Deep?
Only thing deep around there is my cavernous anus.
>>
File: 20160416135245_1.jpg (483 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160416135245_1.jpg
483 KB, 1920x1080
<3
>>
>>334444213
>tfw Cathedral is one of my favorite areas in any Souls game
>>
>>334444213
I really don't understand why people have so much issue with this area. Maybe because I actually had a bow and arrow, but I just lowered the gate in the main area and killed the giants through it. As was intended :^)
>>
>>334444319
The giants are incredibly easy to kill with melee, they almost never fucking hit you
>>
>>334433523
I did this and he didn't show up for me, in fact I have found no NPCs in yharnam 2.0 despite seeing a bunch for someone else as a summon. I'm starting to think greirat killed them all when I sent him for loot. I'm gonna gut that little fuck when he gets back.
>>
>>334440991
>All this wrong in one post
Vinheim guy is the fucking magic vendor, and he doesn't require anything involving Yoel
Onion bro does NOT require you do do anything involving Yoel, I have no idea where the fuck you got that idea from
Jesus fucking christ
>>
I fucking hate the parrying in 3. All the enemies have super fast attacks and the parrying is similar to 2's again. The parry window should have been an instant thing like in 1 considering how fast enemy attacks are.
>>
File: 1460415907735.jpg (159 KB, 844x898) Image search: [Google]
1460415907735.jpg
159 KB, 844x898
>>334430853
I'm not kidding with you guys, but I beat this guy on my first try. I was actually just about to check if there was a second boss named 'pontiff' since I heard this boss in particular was hard, and now I'm disappointed.
>>
>>334444213
the outside parts are shit but the inside is pretty damn skippy
>>
>>334431330
It's the sexiest weapon too bad it needs twinkling titanite or I'd use it
>>
File: Snapchat-5120676396266056916.jpg (141 KB, 682x1136) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5120676396266056916.jpg
141 KB, 682x1136
>thread
>>
I just beat Aldrich, that second form bow attack caught me by surprise on the first time.
>>
>>334444213
Looks like you have yet to reach the Dungeon and/or the Profaned swamp

Good luck there, boyo
>>
File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[2].jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
>>334444557
Did you summon the NPCs or some people? Even if you didn't, it's not impossible at all, as long as you keep on top of him during his latter phase. Most people just aren't anticipating the seemingly endless combos he pulls off.

Now this asshat is a real treat.
>>
File: 14032489845688.jpg (31 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
14032489845688.jpg
31 KB, 500x314
I feel incredibly under leveled. I guess I should have used the rest of the free levels before shell man died. Is there a silver covetous ring this time again?
>>
>Use Ultra Greatsword for a while
>Having a hard time with a lot of regular enemies and a few bosses
>Switch to a regular old fucking long sword
>EZ

They have really fucked PVE weapon balance in this one. No matter how high I stacked poise even the lowliest rat or dog would interrupt my greatsword swings and the one handed swords are just as good at staggering enemies as the two handers.

Also the way that greatswords send some enemies flying or cause skeletons to collapse is NOT beneficial. It just means you can't finish them with one combo because they are fucking immune or knocked 20 feet away from you.

UGS's also use up way too much stamina when they don't do much more damage than straight swords, I can swing a long sword 8 times in a row compared to 3 with an UGS. Whole game becomes hug the enemy and mash R1 to staggerlock them.
>>
How many longsword are there? I have a pretty small selection and really want to trade out my executioners greatsword but none of the longswords have the kind of reach I'd like.
>>
>>334445149
poise doesnt work like that, poise only affects the hyper armor frames during your activate frames of your attack
>>
File: jailer[1].png (138 KB, 262x423) Image search: [Google]
jailer[1].png
138 KB, 262x423
>>334445149
The rolling attack with the Greatsword doesn't send enemies flying. Also, sending the jailers flying is incredibly beneficial.
>>
>>334445149
> farm dark wraith under the tower for dark sword
> instantly have the best sword in the game

It's like FROM wasn't even trying.
>>
>>334445019
No NPC's were summoned.
I think what did it for me was as soon as he stopped to summon his phantom or whatever I thought he was going for some kind of spell and I was hoping I could stagger him out of it. I ended up leaving the copy with a sliver of health and killed it shortly after. I'm assuming the copy is the hard part, right? Because pontiff by himself was pretty easy.
>>
Who killed Ari? He was just lying there with a cloth over his head and a stick pushed through.
>>
>>334432971
Burn undead bone shards at the bonfire
>>
>>334445460
>farm
The item drops are so frequent, I got the whole Dark Wraith set by attempting Abyss Walkers 4 times.
>>
>>334445518
>he
Nigga, Anri is a woman.
>>
The wolf covenant is shit. It doesn't work 90% of the time and when it does you don't even encounter anyone because the road of sacrifice is fucking shit.

>>334445625
Farming is overstating it I think. I got the dark wraith set and dark sword off the tower guy in like 5 kills.
>>
>>334440553

I talked to him once or twice, came back and he flopped over, is he okay?
>>
>>334445149

>use the Sellsword Blades
>mash L1
>stuns everywhere

I wanted to like the Farron Greatsword, but these things are so much easier to use and upgrade. I've only found a total of 3 boss titanite.
>>
>>334445708
Anri is a man if you play a woman and a woman if you play a man. Can't wait for all the articles about how that quest line is bigotry against gays.
>>
>>334445726
Well its a standard that each Souls game has a broken covenant.
>>
>>334445141

behind a locked area in the hub, key sold in the shop

look carefully
>>
>>334445487
That was what I did when I beat him too. Having the copy can be a bit overwhelming, but once you realize him and the copy are doing the same attacks, one slightly after the other, it becomes incredibly easy to dodge both of them. But yeah, I felt his second phase was easier, especially once you get rid of the copy.
>>
>>334445958
Thanks m8.
>>
>>334445958
You can also get there as soon as you start the game. There's a tree that you can sort of ramp off of and jump onto the roof.
>>
>>334446005
>>334445958

You can also jump off a tree next to the locked door. You can't get the item up in the tower, but you can get to the trading crow and the Silver Ring.
>>
>>334445843
That's pretty interesting.
>>
>>334445410
Fuck those things, such a shit mechanic. When the MHP returns you should get your CHP back too, or at least a part of it. I get that you can just run out of sight, and kite them, but it fucks over melee builds.
>>
>>334445887
Pretty much every covenant in Dark Souls 3 is broken except Mound Makers and Sunbros in some capacity.

>>334446194
It's one of the few things in DaS3 that had a lot of thought put into it.
>>
>>334446125
>>334446120
Wait, what? That message I found was real?

I don't believe you. Come back with a webm or fuck off. I disparaged that message in game, no way it's real. I tried jumping from that area so many damned times.
>>
>>334446476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w06eHlCR40E
>>
>>334431357
it looks so comfy.
>>
>>334446685
Too bad it's the only places in that particular area which could be described as "comfy". Irithyll Valley is fucking concentrated aids.
>>
>>334446675
Well fuck me then. They always make this shit look so easy in videos too.
>>
>>334446943

It took me about 10-15 tries my first time, now I can get it within about 5 tries.
>>
>sulyvahn
yeah, just wait till you get to the horseshit that is Aldritch. I'm so fucking upset.
>>
How do I learn to parry him when he smacks me around like I'm a ragdoll?
>>
File: ds3anorarrow.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ds3anorarrow.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1080
Great, after killing what's possibly the most unfair boss (Pontiff Sulyvahn) in the game so far, they force me to go through an area with knights shooting giant arrows that throw me into the pit in 1-hit. I'm done with this game, refund is pending.

I can't believe I got tricked into this Dark Souls meme. Hard does not equal fun, they should learn that.
>>
>>334433843
>>334433705

Consumed King's Garden is literally two screens long. Farron's Keep is gigantic.
>>
>>334448223
>After Pontiff
>Sub 2 hours
Good luck with that refund.
>>
>>334447124
you just facerush her and get to her side or back the moment she appears and you barely take any damage until phase two, where you do the same thing but just run around like a retard if she manages to get her arrow rain shit off.
>>
>>334448223
I'll give you a reply since you seem desperate.
>>
>>334448223
That's the traditional Anor Londo welcoming.
>>
>>334447124
Aldritch isn't that hard. Abuse his spawn mechanics. He always spawns in a corner furthest from you so stand just off center in the room to force him to spawn close, then charge him when he spawns. If you do it he should never cast a spell or use the Darkmoon Bow, he'll use a single melee attack (or rarely two) and then submerge.
>>
>>334448223
>He didnt play DaS1 and didnt learn how to dodge meme arrows
>>
>>334448469

They let refunds after 2 hours if you haven't done it frequently.
>>
The hardest boss for me was champion gundyr, fucking asshole, i knew what i had to do and it should have been easy, but i kept getting my shit pushed because i'm retarded or something.
>>
File: 1457548545673.jpg (118 KB, 661x662) Image search: [Google]
1457548545673.jpg
118 KB, 661x662
>purple, red, dark purple and goldred can fight each other
>that's good
>people of the same covenant can fight each other
Why, we were both fingerbros.
>>
How do I get to the dead spider slut in Izalith?

FUCK
>>
File: 20160414170319_1.jpg (374 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160414170319_1.jpg
374 KB, 1920x1200
Do the people saying nameless king is hard not know you can just hit the head of the dragon for massive damage?
>>
>>334448937

thats an interesting image you got there famfam
>>
>>334449026
>having trouble with first phase
its the 2nd phase that people have trouble with
its hard to get a hit in after rolling 5 combo attacks
>>
>people hate Farron Keep because you have to bumble through some water
QUICK STEP YOU FAGGOTS
That area was F U N
>>
>>334449131

Guess I just got lucky with his moveset, I found plenty of the other humanoids way harder but Ive only fought him once
>>
>>334449192
I just dodge rolled through the deep water parts. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't exactly tedious either. Nothing hard was ever in the deep sludge areas either, only basilisks.

The giant goat dudes were pretty great souls when I was trudging through the area. Much better giant enemies than the crabs in the part right before.
>>
Has anyone gotten summoned as a Blue Sentinel or Darkmoon yet? I swear i've had it on all game and didn't get summoned once. Do i need to be embered for that?
>>
>>334444918
The dungeon is such a horrible place.

At least the jailers are piss easy to kill. Even the fucking horrid mass of them at the bottom is easily taken care of with a few throwing knives.
>>
>>334449452
So long as the insignia on the top left is flashing, it is searching for online matchmaking.
>>
>>334449535
It's always flashing, still never got summoned
>>
>>334449601
Well then once again, no one uses it. As a common invader, I have been up against blue sentinels a few times, but it's not common.
>>
File: 1430537239850.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1430537239850.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>334435154
Any boss on co-op gets torn to shreds because bosses arent meant to handle more than one person.

I carry the most braindead people with Nameless King, its fucking piss easy because the AI cant only target one player. in the few seconds the attention isnt on me, I am fucking his shit up and avoiding AOE attacks with plenty of stamina in reserve.
>>
Don't have this yet, what's the difference between vigor and vitality? Is it some silly stat split like in DS2?
>>
File: 1459106677570.jpg (3 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1459106677570.jpg
3 MB, 5000x5000
>mfw just arrived got to Archdragon Peak

Holy fuck this area is so frustrating
>>
>>334449452
I've been summoned once. I was sitting in the undead settlement and got summoned to the bone zone. That was it.

Meanwhile every third invasion has a sentinel appear.
>>
>>334434757
Except for the fact he swipes at his back on occasion?

He's honestly among the top hardest in the game, up there with Nameless King. At least for me, but then again I use twin blades. Prolly much easier for strength or magic/faith builds
>>
File: catwatchesdogs.jpg (47 KB, 640x566) Image search: [Google]
catwatchesdogs.jpg
47 KB, 640x566
Official DaS3 Boss Difficulty Tiers:

Hard Tier
---
Nameless King

Normal Tier
---
Twin Princes
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Oceiros

Easy Tier
---
Dancer
Dragonslayer Armor
Champion Gundyr
Soul of Cinder

Complete Joke Tier
---
Everything else
>>
>>334449717
Vigor is health, Vitality is carry capacity. Both have small defensive boosts as well
>>
this boss is so fucking cool! he gave me the hardest time too!
>>
>>334430853
God how do you have so much health. I feel like I'm wasting points getting more equip load and strength.
>>
>>334449645
I'm never going to get Darkmoon Blade am I? Why did they get rid of the blue eye orbs
>>
>>334449870
>Twin princes
>not a joke

The only boss I have beat whilst never being hit once. Aldritch easily goes in Normal Tier
>>
>>334449742
What? It's like the easiest area.
>>
>>334449875
Ah I see. I'm cool with that I guess. As long as stats aren't spread all over the fucking place like in DS2.
>>
>>334449875
Vitality has a higher boost to defenses if I remember correctly. I remember each point giving at least 2 def to the strike/slash/thrust, though I only have it up to 26 right now so I'm not sure how long that holds out.
>>
>>334449949
Place your summon sign after pontiff and farm aldrich people or silver knights.
>>
File: Not Dragonfuck.jpg (16 KB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
Not Dragonfuck.jpg
16 KB, 700x300
>>334442104
>>334431007

Yeah, fug him.

Dragon the Bitch-nigger fug face Ornstien rip is whooben my ass atm butt fug it, fug em.
>>
>>334430853
You know who's hard? That ice nigger on the way to Road of Sacrifice.

He's even harder when using Caestus.

Speaking of which, why the fuck did they nerf fist so hard? It was fast and had good gains in DS2. Now it's slow as fuck, does less damage than normal weapons, and has total shit gains as well as the normal shit reach.

Fuck man. All I wanted to do in life is punch faggots into oblivion all game. This game is starting to suck serious dick compared to the older games.
>>
>>334450913

>Waaaa muh fists

Your cherrypicking and probably not finding the right fist weapons to scale gud with you dingus fug.

But fuck your mum how bou't that?
>>
>tfw faith is shit
>>
>>334451404
get it to 45
ultimate sunbro
>>
File: summoning.jpg (67 KB, 542x720) Image search: [Google]
summoning.jpg
67 KB, 542x720
Is magic worth building around in this game? I loved sorc in DS1 where I could use crazy strong spells AND had a fucking ridiculous weapons in the MLGS.

How about a Faith build? I loved faith on DS2 release but it was gutted.

Right now I'm just using a strength focused heavy knight thing where I can't decide between an Exile GS, Zwei, or Butcher Knife.
>>
File: CflMOCjW4AAZogo.jpg (35 KB, 485x622) Image search: [Google]
CflMOCjW4AAZogo.jpg
35 KB, 485x622
>>334433365
>hardest boss in the game
I beat dancer directly after Yhorm on 5 vials senpai, its not hard at all.
>>
>went to PvP spot
>equipped ring that makes you invisible at range
>got bow
>get summoned
>proceed to shoot at host
>infinite free items as they all Alt+f4
My fucking sides are in orbit, 15 PvP matches in a row iv won, this is fucking priceless
>>
>>334452056
Pyromancy is great, Sorcery is okay, faith is shit.

Objective power rankings of magic in Souls games: DeS > DaS2 > DaS = BB > DaS3

Moonlight is shit and stuck with split damage on top of having bad scaling.

Objective power rankings of Moonlight Sword: DeS > BB = DaS > DaS2 > DaS3
>>
>>334452281
My main qualm with MLGS in BB was that it was turned into a quality weapon. A very good quality weapon, but not a sorc's best friend like in DS1.

Do you need a stat investment to use pyromancy? I might try and work it into my build if its like DS1 where I just need to invest in the damned hand.
>>
>>334452454
>Do you need a stat investment to use pyromancy?
You need a massive stat investment, its both faith and intelligence

That anon is wrong btw, faith and sorcery are good, pyromancy is the shit one
>>
>>334452604
Does mostly pure caster with an infused weapon work in this like it did in DS1 and kind of 2?
>>
File: 20160416154210_1.jpg (461 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160416154210_1.jpg
461 KB, 1920x1080
>>334444213
I just got there and it's actually really fun.
>>
>>334452454
Holy Moonlight Sword makes more sense as a quality weapon in BB since there really isn't any sorcery. Plus it's also dual damage types.

It does thrusting and blunt damage in untricked mode, and does slashing and thrusting in tricked mode. Plus it has those additional arcane damage modifiers.

>>334452604
> faith and sorcery
> good

Oh yeah, having to dump 60 points into INT or faith just to have damage be not shit is such a good investment.
>>
File: 20160416155545_1.jpg (678 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160416155545_1.jpg
678 KB, 1920x1080
>>334452729
>>
>>334452753
>Oh yeah, having to dump 60 points into INT or faith just to have damage be not shit is such a good investment.
As opposed to pyromancy that requires both? Stupid logic.

Both faith and magic scale better as a single stat for both miracles/sorceries and their weapons

>>334452686
It works really well, so pick either miracles or sorcery and use a scaling weapon.
>>
At least we can all agree DS3 has amazing hitboxes. So many hits that LOOK like they go over my character's head actually do. Its great.
>>
>>334452990

Except for Dancer and Cursewoods grabs.
>>
>>334430853
stay close to him
when he falls down to get his wings stay close after he gets up hit him then he will summon his dark sprite hit him during that phase.

have your fire ring and red pellets and i used poison on my weapon which helped a lot.
>>
>>334453105
Really? Cursewood tried to grab me and missed me about 1 inch and I didn't get grabbed like I would have in DS2.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.