[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to get around the sales tax on Steam for WA residents?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 2000px-Flag_of_Washington.svg.png (267 KB, 2000x1190) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_Washington.svg.png
267 KB, 2000x1190
Is there a way to get around the sales tax on Steam for WA residents?

A 10% tax is fucking bullshit.
>>
Set your area code to oregon, but realize that you're committing tax fraud
Pirate
I fucking hate the taxes in this state
>>
Does Washington state also have a sales tax on PSN/Xbox/Nintendo online services? If its just Steam that's mean.
>>
>>334421151
Don't think so, it's something about how Valve can legally charge sales tax in WA because they're based in WA, so of fucking course they can because why wouldn't Valve be a bunch of greedy shitfucks

>>334421149
fuck the police
>>
>>334421396
>course they can

they do* I meant
>>
>>334421151
If you download something from nintendo's eshop they ask you to enter your zip code. If it is a Washington one then you get charged the standard sales tax here.
>>
That's what you get for living in a liberal faggot hippie state
>>
>>334423615
I live outside of Seattle and Olympia areas. We hate those fucking pieces of liberal shit.
>>
>>334423764
yeah WA is pretty sharply divided between urban and tree people
and the east is a completely different state in every way
>>
Isn't it a federal thing? I used to NOT get charged tax on Amazon until they built a shipping center or some shit in NY state a couple of years ago. Some bullshit law about a company being a physical entity within the state.

Funny, our ancestors left Britain because of the ridiculous taxation, and we've come back to bullshit taxes once again. Makes me wanna move to a small island and live off the wild.
>>
>>334424078
>our ancestors left Britain because of the ridiculous taxation
You really should have paid more attention in school.
>>
>>334424360
I think he meant fought to cut ties to bongland. Not actually leave.
>>
>>334420923
move
>>
>>334424071
seattle could just be a wealthier portland. the fucking east may as well be tatooine with those mongoloid down syndrome sand fuck people.
>>
>>334426597
tfw I'm from eastern Washington :(

Yakima was a shitty place to grow up in
>>
you have no income tax in wa. So unless you buy shit like every other second, or you a neet parasite basement dwelling mother fucker with no income, on food stamps, you save money on the long term.
>>
>>334424696
no

>>334426816
I shouldn't be penalized for living in a better state than whatever flyover you're from, anon.
>>
>>334427268
um, what. Me moving here has no affect on the fact that if you weren't a parasitic neet, you would be benefiting from no income tax despite vice and property taxes.
>>
>>334421396
jesus christ you're stupid
>>
>>334424078
>taxes based on state
>federal thing
why is that as soon as /v/ mentions steam, retards of every shape and color come out?
>>
>>334421396

>Implying the vendor keeps the sales tax

That's not how it works you little shit.
>>
File: golden lel.jpg (11 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
golden lel.jpg
11 KB, 249x250
>americucks have to pay taxes on vidya

LAND OF THE FREE
>>
>>334429089

It's sales tax, mate. At least we don't pay insane income tax to support Ahmed coming into the country.
>>
>>334429456
No you welcome them with open arms.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.