[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /v/, I've never played a Dark Souls game. Which is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: imgres-2.jpg (9 KB, 305x165) Image search: [Google]
imgres-2.jpg
9 KB, 305x165
So, /v/, I've never played a Dark Souls game.

Which is best to start with?
>>
The first one. And then the third one.
You're set. Go now, anon.
>>
>>334416885

Demon's Souls if you have a PS3 available. Then >>334417281

Then you can play DaS2 if you want more, but consider it more like a fanfiction spinoff than a real souls game.
>>
Play 'em in order, starting with Demon Souls if you have a PS3. It's not part of the same setting, but it's basically the same gameplay-wise. Play DS2 Scholar of the First Sin though instead of the original DS2.
>>
File: imgres-3.jpg (7 KB, 187x270) Image search: [Google]
imgres-3.jpg
7 KB, 187x270
OP here.
Why is DaS2 bad?
Couldn't get an answer online that would justify completely skipping it.
>>
>>334418928
I don't understand the hate desu
DS2 is fine go ahead and play it
>>
>>334418928
Well, the level design is terrible, the hitboxes are broken and there is a lot of trial and error.

Its not a bad game, but is completely skippable
>>
>>334418928
It's not that it's bad; it's more like it's not as good as the others
>>
>>334418928
It hardly feels like a souls game. I'd put it I'm the same category as lords of the fallen.
>>
>>334418928
Just play it after DS1, make your own opinion. /v/ as a majority seems to hate DS2 but it's not how everyone feels.
>>
>>334418928
Don't listen to the memes, its an amazing game, arguably better than DaS1
But nostalgia fags can never let go
>Where is m-muh Anor L-Londo...
>>
Spoiler: You, the hero, are actually the Dark Soul
>>
>>334420464
>spoiler
DaS1 literally tells you that in the prologue
>>
>>334420464
What does that even mean?
>>
>>334420389

>arguably better tahn DaS1

As someone who played both games several times, I enjoyed DaS1 better. DaS2 was their center of experimentation. The only thing it did better was PvP, the rest felt half-assed and rushed.
>>
I have one friend that literally got angry with me saying I couldn't play dark souls 3 without beating 2 because the story connects. I beat DS1 and played DS2 all the way up to beating King Vendrick. Meanwhile he completed DS2 but not 1. How much of dark souls 2 story carries over to DS3.
>>
>>334420889

None of it, most if not all of the references are of DaS. Your friend is retarded.
>>
>>334419846
>>334420116
>>334420257
>>334420294
>>334420359
>>334420389
>>334417281
>>334417371

Thank for being helpful, gonna start DaS1 and move on from there.
>>
>>334420889
>getting pissy about playing through the whole series for the complete story when he hasn't even beaten the first one
What a fag
>>
>>334420990
He died to gaping dragon 5 times so honestly I'm not surprised you said that. I'm thoroughly enjoying DS3, just beat the Abyss watchers the other day, really gave me some nostalgia of fighting artorias. I'm just glad I'm not him getting stuck on queelag. 20 hours in the game and he hasn't rung the second bell.
>>
>>334420675
You're the shitter who kills the gods basically and depending on what ending you choose you're either ushering the world into darkness (age of man) or you sacrifice like a retard to hold whatever is left of the gods together (age of fire/light), that's the first game at least
>>
>>334420889
Ds3 is mor connected to the first than the second one. 2 is barely connected at all
>>
>>334416885
Demons, DaS1, DaS2, Bloodbourne, DaS3. Anything else is retarded. Why would you play them out of order?
>>
>>334421075
He said he's going to beat DS1, replay DS2 and then play DS3 even though he pre ordered DS3 and then told me that he's doing it for the "full story immersion" then said I needed to go back and finish DS2." If I have to listen to one more complaint about how he can't port from one bonfire to another I'm going to explode, all he has to do is get the lord vessel.
>>
>>334420529
>>334420464
>>334421295
lmao i've never played it i just guessed what would be the most obvious twist
>>
>>334418928
In my opinion the only flaw seriously worth mentioning in 2 compared to DS and DkS 1 & 3 is the combat.

They just did something differently, fighting feels less visceral, doesn't have as much weight to it. I wouldn't tell you to skip it.
>>
>>334421428
I just got a ps4 so I'll be playing BB. But I can admit that I am playing DS3 only after beating DS1 and almost beating 2, but it just got boring to me.
>>
>>334421672
some weapon movesets were shit or didnt make sense
>no 1h thrusting with most halberds
>no 1h thrusting with longsword

it looks more like "action fightan" and was more flashy than DS I , which broke alot of the souls-athmosphere

also , sir alonne and his katanafagging knights where somewhat stupid
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.