[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain how this generic JRPG is any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
Explain how this generic JRPG is any good?
>>
>>334401576
sluts and fem protag
>>
why should I when it seems you already decided for yourself?
>>
It's not. Starved sonyggers and people who can't play World are just loud about it.
>>
>>334401576
It does its job well enough and it's engaging enough to play to the end. Plus Digivolving.
>>
Because its a monster collector that isn't the tired bullshit that has become pokemon

Also great waifu material
>>
It's not. Digimon fans are just desperate when it comes to localizations.
>>
good monster designs
less catch-em-all, more grind-em-all, and grinding is extremely easy thanks to an exploit
decent storyline with some humor and feels
hot girls

on the other hand, the localization isn't very good, and the battles themselves are extremely braindead. Not more braindead than your in-game pokemon quest, of course, which is the main market it's competing against.

I enjoyed it a lot, mostly because it's been a while since I've played a "generic jrpg" and those are fun every once in a while.
>>
Solid 8/10
>>
It's very mediocre.
>>
Vitards claimed it was the second cumming of Allah, but once the ps4 version was announced, they simmered down a bit
>>
>>334401576
Because it's a solid generic jrpg in a time where traditional jrpgs don't exist or just outright suck for the most part
>>
>>334401576
Digivolution system makes for tons of options, farm let's you customize stats, solid battle system, surprisingly good story and likeable characters, great OST, great art direction, 1080p 60fps with extremely short load times on PS4. It's not an instant classic or anything but it is very well done and one of better JRPGs to come out in recent memory.
>>
>>334401576
It's trash. Garbage story and gameplay is a boring, rock paper scissors test.

Plus it's a grindfest to get the stronger evolutions and the difficulties are poorly balanced.

Normal is a joke while hard is just full of boring damage sponge fights that take forever.
>>
>>334403931
This is true. Definitely helped tide me over until Persona 5 launches in 2017.
>>
>>334401576
It's not, it's Vitafags that are so thirsty for a JRPG that they praise any trash that comes along.

3DS have the best JRPGs this year in comparison with Fire Emblem, Bravely Second, Pokemon, Dragon quest and more.
>>
I wish the boobs are bigger in this game
>>
>>334404131
Fuck off. I'm an idort, I own a 3DS (and prefer it to the Vita by quite a bit). I played Cyber Sleuth on PS4 and it's a legitimately good game. Blind fanboy retards like yourself seem to be the only ones shitting on it.
>>
By the looks of the replies, it seem to be an alright game while console war faggots hate it.
>>
>>334401576
Nostalgia

Thats literally it. If you showed a kid these days a picture of a digimon you think they're know what it is? They're probably say "thats a pokemon" or something.

Who do you think bought it?
Young adults with fond memories of digimon.
>>
>>334404392
Pretty much. It's nothing game-changing but it's a solid JRPG in a time when solid JRPGs are difficult to come by.
>>
>>334404431
Cyber Sleuth was the first Digimon anything I ever played. Never watched the anime because I immediately billed it as a Pokemon ripoff, and I ignored the franchise until this game. It's good. Nostalgia has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>334401576
Not amazing, but pretty fun with what features it has, plus hard can be somewhat challenging later on.
>>
>>334401576
all i heard about this game is that if you like megaten you may like it

is that true?
>>
Digimon.
>>
>>334404893
They're vaguely similar. You capture Digimon by scanning them at the start of each battle you encounter them in (the game does this automatically). Once you fill the scan bar you can summon them at the hub "Digilab". You can have up to then in your party at once (though there's a memory limit that caps how many powerful Digimon you can have with you at once; stronger Digimon eat up more memory, and you can increase the memory limit with items you get during the main quest). You can have three Digimon active at a time, and can swap them out with the others in your party at any time. The game uses the typical strengths/weaknesses system where digimon types are strong against one type and weak against another. There is a but of a SMT vibe but it's much easier. Think of it like a Diet SMT.
>>
>>334405648
alright, sounds pretty cool

makes me wish i had either the ps4 or psvita
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.