[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you still play it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 19
File: 1455298636525[1].jpg (23 KB, 355x142) Image search: [Google]
1455298636525[1].jpg
23 KB, 355x142
Why do you still play it?
>>
>>334387193
Friends do. Some literally only play it so it's the only way to socialize if i can't see them in person regularly. Afraid to refuse to play it with them because it could make them sad and the alternative is not doing anything with them at all.
>>
File: steet.png (108 KB, 227x216) Image search: [Google]
steet.png
108 KB, 227x216
i don't.
>>
Because it's still fun
Because it's still more fun than dota
>>
File: 6.86 DotA.jpg (113 KB, 471x266) Image search: [Google]
6.86 DotA.jpg
113 KB, 471x266
>>334387193
I do not.
>>
because i'm a weeb and i enjoy it more than dota
>>
I've moved on to Smite, and I'll probably move to Overwatch when it comes out
>>
Currently not playing it because Malwarebytes is false positiving the client. Probably won't play until it's fixed without any need to do shit on my part.

Not sure why I'm contemplating going back at all. It's really just unnecessary stress, dealing with bad game design and the unscrupulous fucks who abuse it. The only way to have fun is to play boring champions and make other people have less fun. 10-player team game turns into a one-sided free for all where one player is having fun at any point in time.

Riot is a travesty of a developer who can't fix their own mistakes, instead opting to spend months ignoring them, and even then playing dumb. "Competitive" my ass.

Then again, I'm a bronzie, so my understanding of the game is flawed despite me playing it since its fucking beta.
>>
>>334387597
>more fun than dota

you fucking what
>>
File: disgusting.png (42 KB, 1289x825) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
42 KB, 1289x825
>>334387193
>same fucking map
>same fucking strategy over and over

mfw worst game is also one of the most popular games in the media
>>
it's my final year at university. if i continue to let this piece of shit eat at me after i leave, i'll never be able to kick it.

so i made a pledge to hit challenger before i graduate, and when i finally get my diploma, i'll quit. best i got so far is d1.
>>
>>334387871
Even you like one more than the other is it that hard to see why someone else would like the one you dont? Dota is so much more punishing and methodic. Shit can be boring for a lot of people. Alternatively league can be too casual, imbalanced, and limiting.
>>
>>334388015
Do you get bored of Chess because people keep playing it on the same old tired checkerboard?
>>
File: Poppy wins.png (332 KB, 732x523) Image search: [Google]
Poppy wins.png
332 KB, 732x523
>>334387193
For her.
>>
>>334387871
I enjoy the skill matchups.
I can go into most league matches expecting to be challenged and entertained.

I go into most dota matchups expecting my experience to be determined almost entirely by the team composition.
>>
>>334387193
my potato pc cant handle anything else
im sad
>>
>>334388015
The strategy isn't about the map in these games though. Extreme exceptions aside most champions don't benefit from different maps. Modes maybe, but changing the shape of the map doesn't really matter.
>>
File: 689dbc3f6ff54ce317fe9536.jpg (662 KB, 940x940) Image search: [Google]
689dbc3f6ff54ce317fe9536.jpg
662 KB, 940x940
>>334388218
Same here, highest I got was D4 tho
>>
Because Twitch is cute!

C-U-T-E!
>>
>>334388357
>I go into most dota matchups expecting my experience to be determined almost entirely by the team composition.
But that's literally League.
The team with the most tanks wins right now, but the scales can be tipped by easy devourer right-click-bots, and targeted disable/hard mobility deleters. It ain't skill that determines who does well, it's the strength of your character choice and how unbalanced it is.
>>
>>334388389
>>334388390
i'm well aware that lol players don't like variety.
>>
>>334387597

Try Smite.
>>
Literally the only MOBA I've ever liked and it's on a damn phone. Guess that makes me a filthy casual
>>
>>334388746
I mean, smite's not terrible, but the perspective shift doesn't do the mechanics any favours and the individual spells are usually pretty lazy. They don't put the thought into the play patterns that league's team do.

I will give battleborn a go though, but I expect to be turned off by the gearbox humour.
>>
>>334389167
>but the perspective shift doesn't do the mechanics any favours

What are you talking about? It's not so much the perspective shift, it's the WASD movement instead of click-to-move style that really makes the difference here

For example, the penalty to movement speed for shooting while running, or the backpedaling penalty for backing up
>>
>>334387193
because they will release urf for like 2 mins at the end of the month.
>>
>>334388587
Maybe if you play challenger it is like that.
At my level, people still make enough mistakes that most lanes can go either way.
Just today I first picked a wukong top and got "counterpicked" by a darius, a notoriously hard matchup for the monkey. I trashed him. I enjoyed it.
Whereas in dota, a "hard matchup" means "after all cooldowns are blown one of the two will always come out on top with very little skill involved".
>>
>>334388231
>Dota is so much more punishing and methodic.

The fuck? You're talking about DotA? Sure you're not talking about League of "If you don't follow these specific lane compositions then you're getting a report/ban"?
>>
>>334388015
It IS the most popular, that's really sad. Gave up on it back in 2012 or something and I don't miss it at all.

Don't know how they've been handling the game lately, but back then it was already the SAME stuff over and over again, they released new overpowered champions and everybody autopicked them, the same strategies (hurr level 1 jungle poke/gank), support and ADC were both boring as fuck, literally nothing new.

The game gets old really fast, especially with a retarded community.
>>
Generally entertaining and usually enjoyable, good social aspect if you have friends who play, winning a game provides very quick gratification, the game at it's core is pretty fun, etc.

I get that it's not the greatest game ever created nor is it super strategic or require some higher level thinking to be good (like Starcraft) but undeniably fun and addictive.
>>
>>334389705
You're right.what I mean is it's a lot easier to fuck yourself over in Dota 2. You are dead for longer in dota, missing cs is a much bigger deal, and if you die a lot you basically fall into a rutt and it's really hard ro come back. Mistakes hit a lot harder but that doesn't make it worse, but it does drive a lot of people away.
>>
just to play arams with my friends who refuse to switch with dota
>>
>>334389705
>DotA
That's not what it's called
>>
>>334390038
Well, it's the same now, but WORSE. So you made a good decision after all
>retarded meta
>retarded cyclying champions because of popularity
>retarded itemizations
>tanks were a problem already in S2, now they are completely retarded
I bet Ghostcrawler ruined everything. Fucking Blizzard shit.
>>
Because it's fun to me. Shit talk it all you want, I still enjoy it.
>>
>>334387818
>Then again, I'm a bronzie, so my understanding of the game is flawed despite me playing it since its fucking beta.
How is that possible? Do you play only normals or just one game a month?
>>
>>334390038
They've changed a few things since then, but the core remains the same.

Jungle items have been reworked at least once every season, one of the upgrades you're now allowed to buy lets you Smite champions to slow/damage them. Smite also holds up to 2 charges now, so you can hold a charge and build another if you don't have time go clear a camp right at the moment.

Bruisers got reworked somewhere along the line, Riot tried diversifying their wall-of-stats niche into something a little more unique, the whole thing was hit or miss. ADCs got a bit of the same treatment as well.

New champions are almost always intentionally stronger than everything else, though sometimes you get a dud or a champ that nobody likes to play. For a while the new champ release schedule slowed to a crawl while they did the map VU and some visual tweaks to some of the older characters. For the most part things look much better, a lot of the older characters have been brought in line with the new visual they're aiming for and it seems to work most of the time.

They also recently introduced a crafting system to let you earn skins/champions from chests, but it's very heavily gated by time so you can't whip out like 3 or 4 new skins in a week.

You're probably not missing out on much, but that's about what's changed since 2012 (or at least the stuff I remember from recent memory)
>>
>>334387193
i put monies in it, so, i keep playin to check my investment.
>>
I genuinely enjoy playing D4-3 games and listening to the shitter theorycrafting and begging of my silver friends and I love chatting with them. Also, pretending to be coaching just to laugh at them.

>CARRY ME PLS
>lol no, git gud
>BUT HOW DO I GET GOOD
>you play the fucking game and you do your shit well
>BUT OMG THIS TEAM
>so what?
>BUT THIS JUNGLER NEVER GANKS AND NEVER GIVES ME BLUEEEEE
>so what, just do your shit well, cs, trade roam
>BUT OMG THIS BOTLANE IS FEEEEEEEEDING
>they are 1-4 15 minutes in, quit whining
>OMG THIS TOP NEVER PING SS
>place a pink ward yourself then and check minimap
>GG X CHAMPION IS OP AND FREE WIN
>why didnt you pick or ban if you dont want to bother countering it?
>OMG TEAM NEVER HELPS
>dont get caught
>OMG THIS TEAM NEVER TEAMFIGHTS
>go and splitpush then or farm or do anything but handing around fights and conga lining in
>PLS CARRY ME ALL MY TEAMMATES ARE TROLLS I DESERVE PLAT

This shit never gets old. Literally failing at basics for years and still blaming others.
>>
>>334392223
i remember the old days.
any shitter would spam /surrender at 20.
>>
i just want ranked back...
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 477x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 477x480
I just play Aram since ranked is retarded and normal is less stressful and retarded

Last time I played I was plat in S4

Ita mainly a time killer for me which will be Overwatch soon, and WoW for a few months after expac hits
>>
File: 1457820174240.png (204 KB, 718x499) Image search: [Google]
1457820174240.png
204 KB, 718x499
>>334392534
>tfw you remember surrender was at 25 min and not 20
I'm so old
>>
>>334392223
I play with silver friends and my biggest gripe is complaining about how unbalanced/overpowered their enemy is

No matter who they're facing

C'mon guys, I love playing with you but you get so angry at everything. Just learn from your mistakes
>>
>>334389637

Have you played Dota? I have never had an experience like that even in the worst of lane matchups. Anyone can be outplayed.
>>
>>334387193
do people actually like it?
played from beta till season 1 which was cool but they nerfed the lvl 6 dragon solo and jungle got boring.
>>
>>334393502
I sure do love outplaying all those point&click stun and nukes while I counter those rng evasion and bash passives
>>
>>334387193
I've never played it.
>>
>>334387193

I just got forced into playing League again because a couple of friends were playing, and it made me remember why I left.

To any current League players, I implore you to give a serious try to the other options. Dota is the most comprehensive one, but even Smite and HotS are better in their own respective ways. Yes, Dota will expect more of you, but it's ultimately more rewarding, and it's crazy the difference in basic features that are provided (like replays).
>>
>>334387193
Too much money into it to let it go.
I got into it before it became pure cancer, so there's nothing I can do.

I'd sell my account but the people buying them are such jews you won't get a fraction of the value back more often than not.
>>
>>334393823

Let it go, man. The money you spent before isn't making the game as it is any less shit. There are other games out there more worth your time. That's like the rationale for WoW players who will never unsub.
>>
File: Our lord and savior.png (423 KB, 600x1164) Image search: [Google]
Our lord and savior.png
423 KB, 600x1164
>>334387193
I don't I quit
First I called everyone in like five games of ranked a nigger and a chink and such shit
Then I shitpicked at the last seconds and fed
Then I renamed myself to DiggerN1ck
And finally quit, uninstalled and wrote a bunch of shit on the forums.
Couldn't be happier, didn't spend a single nickle on this game and now I never will.
>>
>>334393415
I'm Diamond ranked and I'm that kind of guy.
Tell me how balanced this fuckers are:
>Ekko, the fucking nigger with priviliges, such as insane speed, fucking forever slows, escapes in every skill, and now built tank for extra cancerness!
>Fizz, 3 thousand billion damage on every fucking skill, you can deny his farm in early but after he gets a fucking kill/assist you lost the game because he's so RETARDED.
>Vayne, same as Fizz but without the billion damage in early. Max health percent as true damage. Seriously, LoL devs are braindead cucks
>Nautilus, MY TANKINESS + RETARDED DAMAGE!
>Graves, lifesteal from everything, thats his problem, I'm fine with his damage but he can't fucking recover all his life with 2 buttons
>Fiora, my fucking god
>Lee Sin, Jax, Katarina: WARD JUMP. JUST DELETE IT FUCKING GOD
This game is full of cancer, everywhere, and it's still released created everyday. Poppy was a cool champ, she only needed a rework on her retarded ultimate, that's it. No, let's make her a fucking cancer op tank just to sell skins. I lost my hope in this game. my friend are having fun with it, but they're bronze/silver, they truly do not understand in depht the game as I do. Maybe that's why I fucking hate it
>>
>>334393947
I always have friends to badger and hound me to play too.

I'm gonna look into selling my account now, see if I can get a remotely decent deal.
>>
>>334393773
I don't think it's more rewarding.
>difference in basic features
Like the ability to surrender, or check the enemy's mana without fighting the interface's artificial difficulty.
>>
>>334387193
I don't. I stopped 2 years ago. Riot ruined LoL by focusing on esports bullshit over actually making the game fun.

>copy paste champions
>nofunallowed moderation

Verbally abusing shitty teammates was like the last fun thing to do in the game once they started making the gameplay stale as fuck, but then they took away the chat too and if you so much as sneeze in the direction of a teammate you'll get your chat restricted for 120 matches or whatever.

I haven't touched mobas at all since 2014. I'm done with that genre.
>>
>>334393672
Evasion and bashes can be countered. Infact the hero that relies the most on RNG with her passives is generally a big stinking pile of shit right now.
>>
>>334393991
>First I called everyone in like five games of ranked a nigger and a chink and such shit
Then I shitpicked at the last seconds and fed
Then I renamed myself to DiggerN1ck

How old are you
>>
>>334394128

The ability to surrender is one of the worst things about League. You have no idea the difference in mentality that comes when people can't just mentally excuse themselves for stopping trying because they're just going to surrender anyway.

Surrendering is chickenshit in every game. It's only valid in games where you end up in a literally unwinnable position, and if that's true of League then that's just another fault against it.
>>
>>334387818
Add an exception to it

Newly installed Windows 10?
>>
I don't, outside of one game every few months just to protect my account from any sort of unfavorable name change or loss. It's just not fun anymore.
>>
>>334394301
Nothing to do with the game, I'm more than happy to play from far, far behind with a good team because it's good practice. Yet it's often the case that you can't bear to continue playing with the team you've been stuck with, which is honestly far more the case with doto's russians as compared to my home league server, but there you are forced to sit through another 20-40 minutes.
>>
I don't
I stopped playing after S3 and I have no intention of going back after my mains all got re-worked.
Also, since Riot is filled with literal retards and moved their server instead of making 2 NA servers like a competent company, my ping doubled which makes playing a lot harder.
Also, Riot can't into jungling items
Also,Dynamic Q
Also,RigSM
Also, Everyone is a cancerous 15 year old with psychopath-level temper tantrums every game.
Pre-dynamicQ:
>you have a solo rating where you climb by yourself
>they try everything in their power to take out snowballing
>>
>>334387193
>League of Faggots
>Not League of Losers

Step it up OP.
>>
>>334394548

I've won games from behind with 4 russians before. Never has it been worth it to just give up on a game. And if the surrender option isn't present, then everybody knows they're in this for the long haul and they might as well keep trying.

Seriously, this goes beyond just League. It's in Smite too, and nothing is more frustrating than carrying the team for 20 minutes only to have them surrender because they've been feeding the whole game. It's always the players who are the worst and have been dying the most that try to make the whole team surrender.
>>
>>334394765
Thats a real knee slapper, League of Losers
>>
>>334388237
Yes

How the fuck does anyone play chess for any significant period of time and not get bored as fuck
>>
>>334395289
Because the variety isn't in the board
Like league and dota's variety isn't in the map
>>
>>334387193
i quit some time ago. someone give me an update on what it is like now. not because i want to play again but because i want to indulge in the suffering of the idiots still playing this garbage.
>>
>>334388858
faggot
>>
File: puzzle-of-autism-5-638.jpg (70 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
puzzle-of-autism-5-638.jpg
70 KB, 638x479
>>334395367
>>
>>334388357
you know someone is retarded when they say LoL takes any kind of skill
>>
>>334395934
So why haven't you won LCS yet?
>>
>>334395536
I'll be that
>>
>earlier today
>play Fiddle in jungle
>wanna get blue
>garen from my team comes and last hits blue
>y u mad tho?
>leave game
>leaverbuster lmao
>haven't played since

I think I'm done with this game, honest.
>>
>>334396156
tournaments have nothing to do with a game, there are rock paper scissors tournaments but that doesnt mean it takes skill, ofc a dumbass such as yourself who tries to defend a shit game wouldn't figure this out on his own
>>
>>334397147
He asked because you would be swimming in dosh and pussy by now if it was that easy to you.
>>
For her
>>
>>334396156
because i have a career and i dont waste my time playing baby games for autistic weeaboos
>>
Just getting into it. Pretty fun to play with friends.
>>
>>334397620
i dont think you understand how skill works in games, having no skill means you have no way to differentiate yourself from others or have any kind of control over the outcome.
So its the opposite of easy to play in an environment where everyone is on a forced equal field and winning depends on if you picked the characters riot gave no weakness so that people can play them. win and brag about how good they are or to be abused by the lcs players for a chance at winning.
You have to suck riot's dick every match if you wish to win.
>>
because i like winning and playing Leblanc
>>
>>334387193
League stop releasing waifus what gives.
>>
>>334388348
did they make her a dork on purpose?
>>
>>334399490
stopped*
>>
>>334387467
>socializing
>>
>>334389637
Yeah, the whole "I got counterpicked, but I still did really good" thing happens a lot... But it also happens the other way around. "I counterpicked YOU, and did really well against you, but you still come back and kill me, scaling really well with your gold disadvantage, because you're a fucking imbalanced piece of shit."
Wukong is of the variety that cannot have a bad laning phase. Even his direct counters need to work really hard to do anything to him. His poke is immense at level one, especially with the right runes and masteries, and he's slippery enough to escape even targeted disables. It's really bullshit how good he is, although I don't think he benefits from the tank meta as much as some others.
>>
>>334392223
What about the argument "There's only 6 bans and like twenty broken champs, how can I ban all of them?
>>
File: 1442942655753.jpg (996 KB, 800x1162) Image search: [Google]
1442942655753.jpg
996 KB, 800x1162
>>334387193

Ever since they got rid of Dominion I don't unless Asension is playable. Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline, and ARAM are garbage maps.
>>
I don't

Every time I turn on my laptop it says I have a trojan and I'm too lazy to reformat
>>
File: 1436602542186.jpg (103 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
1436602542186.jpg
103 KB, 1215x717
>>334387193
they recently pulled out you think you do but you don't so i guess everyone will start not playing this
>>
I agree that DotA is the better game feature and polish wise and even more challenging and deep than League but other than a few the heroes in DotA are very uninspired and forgettable or straight up random shit like Zeus the God of Thunder out of fucking nowhere. I prefer the League lore and characters even though I agree many of them are kind of shit and edgy but overall they have more "soul" to them than the DotA ones. However, I wish Rubick and Invoker was in League.
>>
File: 1455199880723.png (352 KB, 674x674) Image search: [Google]
1455199880723.png
352 KB, 674x674
>>334404348
valve should have taken liberty in designing heroes, not just straight up copying wc3 unit designs

things like brewmaster and unero, antimage look so shitty
>>
File: IMG_20160411_014948.jpg (1 MB, 1564x1564) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_014948.jpg
1 MB, 1564x1564
Rate my meme guys. Me and my friends play it cause it's the only game we know where we can cooperate together via Skype/discord to win. We tried Diablo 3 but it wasn't the same, it was boring in fact. What are some other pc RTS games 5 people can play together and must cooperate to win? (Besides Dota and HoTS)
>>
>>334394368
Nah, been using it since Christmas or so.
I don't wanna lift a finger to play LoL.
>>
because i used to be top 200 in s3 and now i elo boost to pay bills

game is shit and i want to die every time i queue up some plat 5 shit game with a retarded client in skype with me

kill me
>>
>>334387193
never have
probably never will
>>
>>334405187

I've been stuck in silver for 2.5 years please end my life
>>
>>334405643

if you make the right items and walk at enemy players you can get diamond 5

literally just look at your map and learn how to kill bad players in lane when they overextend and you'll be a god my friend
>>
>>334387193
I don't, but I did keep playing it with a friend for a while for the sole purpose of making brazilian 12 year olds cry
>>
File: 1398227054111.jpg (16 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1398227054111.jpg
16 KB, 512x384
>>334387193
I don't know
I have no answers for this question
I thought summoner spells were dog shit design from the very first day I played and stuff has only been adding to that list since, I picked up Dota 2 in beta and vastly prefer it yet I'm still addicted to playing LoL on the side 5 years later

I only have two characters left I still enjoy yet I still cannot stop playing
>>
I actually quit sometime last year, had been playing since 2009.
>>
I can have fun by picking someone like Katarina and focusing purely on fun while accepting i suck at assassins right now but feeling fucking cool as hell when I manage to do something flashy and fast

My fallback is League of Morgana and making sure that any AP mid-laner can't play the game anymore by rushing Banner of Command

Alternative to that is Galio, who cranks "you don't play League anymore" up to 11

Then there's Teemo, I shouldn't have to explain why that's fun

There's my fucking home-girl Illaoi, her tentacle grab is hilarious and it never gets old melting people with hug tentacle combos

Jhin is cool as fuck, I love hitting the snipes from miles away and blowing people away
>>
>>334387193
Because I want to.
>>
>>334388237
>implying chess only has one strategy
>>
File: 1450747810357.png (290 KB, 1199x926) Image search: [Google]
1450747810357.png
290 KB, 1199x926
>>334388561
this
>>
File: tumblr_mznf23dSMr1s8mxzvo1_1280.jpg (665 KB, 1196x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mznf23dSMr1s8mxzvo1_1280.jpg
665 KB, 1196x900
>>334410276
Rengar is also a cute!
ALSO A CUTE!
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.