[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 denied the existence of Dark Souls 2, they said.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: 20160415184213_1.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160415184213_1.jpg
579 KB, 1920x1080
Dark Souls 3 denied the existence of Dark Souls 2, they said.
>>
>>334362516
Why is this game so much easier than DS1?
>>
>>334364714
Because 1 was your first souls and you got the gameplay down
>>
>>334362516
Oh no, Giant's exist

It seems they kept everything outside of Drangleic canon, such as Mirrah, and even the Fume Knight exists in some form as his UGS is in there, but as far as I've gotten there's been no mention of Drangleic.
>>
>>334364714
intentional choice by from, they knew hype was huge and didn't want to put off the inevitable influx of normies with high difficulty

they wanted the "dark souls" audience not the dark souls audience
>>
>>334362516
It seems to have minimal stuff.
There's no real dark souls 2 inspired areas

There's that giant and a few items/gear.

I'm nearing the end, its more more of a DS1 callback, while also having much much better level design than DS2.

This is what I was really missing from DS2, proper level design and challenge, along with being excited for bosses without endless filler. There's a huge quality gap between the games.

I feel like DS2 just had the plot shoehorned in, since it had very few callbacks to it being the same areas.
>>
>>334364871
The kingdom of Drang is mentionned but indeed you won't see many things from Drangleic returning
>>
File: 1420076257689.gif (1 MB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1420076257689.gif
1 MB, 400x500
>>334364714
Des was personally the hardest souls game for me, but replaying it, its actually the easiest in the series. I guess it was hard back then because it was my first souls games. I think everyone calls das3 easy because they played the shit out of the previous games. This was the same situation when das 2 and bb came out with people calling it easy, but they don't realize that they already have soulsborne experience, making the game seem easier than previous games. The fact is that the soul series isn't as hard as its hyped up to be, once you get the basic grasp of the controls.
>>
It seems like there's a lot less hate for dark souls 2 than there should be. Am I the only one who fucking despises that game, but loves all the other games including 3. Shit level design, shit graphics, shit story, bosses where they have like 6 boss enemies at a time because fuck why not. Not to mention the spots where they just throw 10 huge enemies at you at the same time. The whole thing felt too difficult in an unfair way, unlike the other games including bloodborne which just feel challenging. Idk why I have such a strong hatred for it, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Like daddy's cum. Only now do I realize that this sounds like a shitty blog post and im gonna shoot myself :)
>>
>>334366230
DaS2 dlc wrecked my shit to be honest family DaS1 was my jam and I did challenge runs and shit but even a normal fight on ng+ with Fume Knight or snow horses pushed my shit in.
>>
>>334362516
>Re-Used Assets: The Game
>Throwbacks to old Souls Games: The Games
>I Hope You Like Mimic Chests: The Game
>LOOK MA I DID IT AGAIN: The Game
>>
>>334364714
You got gud.
>>
>>334367774
It's the third game in a series. People complaining about these things are literally just looking for reasons to shit on it.
>>
File: 145556838924.jpg (47 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
145556838924.jpg
47 KB, 700x700
>>334367125
Rip in peace brother :)
>>
>>334364871
Those Drang spears exist which talks of an old kingdom with knights that used them.
>>
That's just there so you can fucking get the seed. I doubt there was a lot of deep thinking when they put that in.
>>
There a list of DaS1 references and illusions around yet? I blew my top when I walked into Anor Londo.
>>
>>334364871
the kite shield has the same design as the shield of drangleic.
>>
Kind of dissapointed with the bosses desu, the only ones i had trouble with was Dancer and Unamed taking about 5 tries each.. Everything else was just super easy i think the i-frames on dodge rolling are too generous doesn't seem much point in using a shield. Also is Chaos Katana the only dex wep with S scaling?
>>
>>334367916
This is probably the most true. Once you learn how to play a souls game none of them are that hard, minus a few DLC areas here and there.

Really, name a single spot in any From Soulsy game that still really stumps you.
>>
>>334364714

it's not. most of dark souls's boss fights (gwyn, nito, artorias, manus, four kings etc.) are trivialized by poise and instant healing. at least in this game you have to do something, like react
>>
>>334362516

It's such a shame that Vendrick got retconned into a generic power hungry faggot when in scholar of the first sin he says he got tricked by the Abyss in the form of Nashandra that coveted him just to harness the throne, his dialogue was pretty fucking awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xCLVj2jgtA
>>
>>334364714

better hitboxes and more i-frames
>>
>>334368431
Anor londo ledge
>>
>>334367125
Kind of same here, I didn't even finish all the dlcs, only ivory crown. Really bad game.
>>
>>334364871
>Shield of Want
>>
>>334368469
well thats what happens over time. nobody but the cursed undead and maybe Raime- know the truth about nashandra. after everything is gone, all thats left really is just the legend of how he came to power. and he was a conqueror before he settled down as king. those WERE his drakeblood knights that sacked Shulva. and his descriptions do say he conquered the land and the former kingdom, building his kingdom upon the ashes.
>>
>>334368431
Challenge areas in DS2 DLC
>>
File: stop.jpg (32 KB, 137x234) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
32 KB, 137x234
>giant trees
>dead gilligan
>lots of references to drangleic, vendrick, lucatiel, etc
>many DaS2 armors returning such as lucatiel's set, drakeblood set, llewelyn set, etc
>people still think DaS2 isn't canon
>>
>>334364871

>drang knights
>shield of want
>>
UPDATE
>>
>>334367125
Dark Souls 2 is trash, there will never be enough hate for that game.
>>
File: 1368702785275.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1368702785275.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>all this garbage from DS2 is back
>Alonne knight armor isn't
>>
>>334367774
Seriously, why is every chest a mimc?
>>
ITS NOT EASIER YOU FUCKS

you're just immunized to souls bosses now. i played des after das and oneshotted the flamelurker and p much every other 'so hard lel' boss. your first souls game is the hardest, and then you develop the meta strat
>>
File: toppity tip.png (263 KB, 599x317) Image search: [Google]
toppity tip.png
263 KB, 599x317
>>334368915
>canon
>Souls games
>>
>>334364714
What are you talking about? The mobs in DS1 are fucking laughably easy and slow. The only reason you can get hit by them is because you are similarly slow. The ONLY challenging part of DS1 is the cathedral in Anor Londo with its boss and the archers. Bed of chaos is cheap bullshit so it doesn't count.

DS1 is just backstab galore: the game. Good luck pulling off backstabs on a consistent basis in this game.
>>
>>334366230
I feel this way too. When I played through DS1, I thought it was the hardest shit ever. After it I played Demon's Souls, since everyone said it was way harder than Dark Souls, but I found it not as hard, and completed the game with a few issues. Then when DS2 came out, I thought that they dumbed down the difficulty or something, since it was not that challenging, so I was a bit disappointed. When I played BB, I was steamrolling everything and it was not really hard at all. So I went back to DS1, and it was the easiest shit ever. So I guess DS3 is easy too because I've adjusted to souls gameplay.
>>
File: YOU SORRY FOOL.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
YOU SORRY FOOL.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
Speaking of lore, Frampt and Kaathe aren't really mentioned at all, right? And was it mentioned why there are all those abyss tentacle monster things stuck to random hollows in Lothric castle?
>>
Are dogs in this game glitchy as fuck for anyone else?
If i decide to rush an area, they literally teleport onto my screen until I die or if I kill them
>>
Have they patched the lighting rash yet?
>>
>>334368431
Orphan still wrecks my shit. I've only played him on ng+ but I can not get past him.
>>
>>334364714
U got gud
>>
>>334368915
>people still think DaS2 isn't canon
This "Dark Souls 2 is100% shit" meme went too far
>>
>>334369663
Well Orphan is the hardest boss in the whole series so that's understandable. He's a challenge enough on NG.
>>
>>334369467
That'll be expanded on the DLC, obviously
>>
>>334369556
You're the first one to mention it, but yeah, they are bugged. Some strange shenanigans going on with them teleporting behind you. From probably intended for them to teleport outside your field of you. Sneaky nip bastards.
>>
"Miyazaki, how will the dark souls 2 lore fit into Dark souls 3?"
(Miyazaki smirks) " What's that? "

Miyazaki likes to blank out those memories.
>>
>>334364714
>knight set at start
>not fat rolling

aye lmao
>>
>>334369930
I think we all do
>>
>>334369467
kaathe is mentioned and we know that the people from londor worship him
other than that, the primordial serpents are mentioned a bunch of times, but I think Frampt is never mentioned
>>
>>334364714

It isn't. I replayed Dark Souls 1 just before this and all of it could be clearly by having a shield up. In this there are so many enemies that fuck you up if try to play defensively. It's brilliant. Those skeleton ninjas in the catacombs are brutal.

This is way harder.
>>
Anyone else think that 2 is the hardest? I didn't have much trouble with 3 but I always struggle with 2. Mostly because of the stupid hit trading crappy hitboxes and whatever.
>>
File: 1399947067593.jpg (1 MB, 1280x628) Image search: [Google]
1399947067593.jpg
1 MB, 1280x628
My only issue with DS3 so far is, the areas. aesthetically they're great. But it feels, very random I guess, and not quite memorable. Also some areas are just way to open and huge. I love open level design but sometimes its ridiculous, with so many loops taking you back to areas.

It just doesn't feel clear and concise like DS1 did. Im probably not adequately making it clear why I dislike DS3 level design, but all I know for certain is I don't like it.
>>
>>334362516
Why does Dark Souls 3 retcon your actions in 1?

I killed Gwyndolin not some faggot god eater.
>>
dark souls 2 story was much better than dark souls 3, here they are just repeating the same shit from dark souls 1 with some tweaks, dark souls 2 flat out told you it was pointless and that you should find your own fucking path with no one to tell you what to do, it made you leave with the crown of the lords that made you invincible to the curse, what happened to all of that? oh yeah retconned because dude namco gave us money lmao!
>>
Did you all miss the ladder guy's corpse? Right next to the bonfire immediately after the dungeon
>>
File: 23mcQLh.jpg (465 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
23mcQLh.jpg
465 KB, 1920x1080
>>334370280
Another thing is, wheres the story? Hell wheres my objective? Im a veteran player since DES and I just don't know what im doing. I know my objective is the lords of cinder. Yet theres no explanation on how to get there. Im just progressing from area to area in sequence.

DS1 with its "Ring the bells" and then later with Frampt framed its journey. I feel like theres nothing of the like so far in DS3.
>>
>>334370274

2 embraced the PREPARE TO DIE XD meme very hard.
Every boss was a multi enemy encounter, there were a lot of instance where you had to lure even normal enemies to avoid being involved in a flash mob of 12 zombies with flamberges.
Dark Souls 3 difficulty is more "functional" and relative to the choices of level design instead of being a moltitude of enemy orgies.
>>
>>334370476
really anon, are you really bitching about "no story" in a dark souls game?
>>
>>334370476
The fire keeper tells you explicitly that you have to return the lords to their thrones
>>
>>334364714
It's probably harder, go back to DS1 and it's really slow in comparsion, I could dodge everything in my sleep
>>
>>334370476
>tfw talk to NPCs, listen to their dialogue, laugh, cry
>forget what the fuck they said 2 hours later
this is why i got speed bumped in Farren. i forgot about the "3 flame" thing until i came back on 4chan later and saw someone talking about it in a thread.
realizing i already passed by all 3 flames, cleared them and ignored them made me feel pretty stupid.
i spent so much god damn time in the swamps that i found an exploit onto a patch of land with items that seems completely inaccessible without the exploit.
>>
>>334370674
this

pontiff was way harder than o+s
>>
>>334370476
>DaS had "ring the bells"
>This is some how a better initial story objective than "Find the Lords of Cinder who have gone, and bring them back to rekindle the flame."
>>
>>334364714
>circle strafe enemies, backstab
>parries so easy to pull off you can basically just cheese enemies with riposte crits

I actually cannot tell whether or not this is bait.
>>
>>334369149
>room with 3 chests in profaned capital
>2 of them are mimics
>find another chest down a different path
>it's a mimic

jesus christ
at least they don't eat you if you attack them from behind like they did in ds2
>>
>>334370476
The NPCs you meet will usually tell you where to go in more detail than "Kill 'dem dudes."
>>
>>334362516
Everything could be cheesed/were laughably easy. Not saying a lot though, since most bosses in Dark Souks were cheesable as well. At least Dark Souls 2 fixed the cheesiness.
>>
>>334367774
>I Hope You Like Mimic Chests: The Game

There are more mimics than actual chests, I'm convinced.
>>
>>334370631
Im not speaking of story, which is my fault for using that word. I suppose a better word would be framing?
>>334370662
I get that, but it seems that the only thing im told, and I just walk towards the next area, killing everything in my way up to the boss, kill the boss, and keep going.

Why not have "Ashen one, seek X in Y, return the lord to his throne" I know I sound retarded for this complaint, and once again im not explaining it correctly. Im not asking for anything more then a little more structure like there was in DS1. I felt it was a problem in DS2 as well. I dont mind the background and lore basically being BUILD YOUR OWN ADVENTURE from item descriptions and shit. But the actual objective of the game needs a little more narrative description and structuring other then, yo get them lords souls bby.
>>
>>334370728

I think your nostalgia is getting in the way of that claim making any sense whatsoever.
>>
>>334369930
Yeah he likes to blank it out so much he put in several references to DaS2 in DaS3.
>>
it only seems easier because of the bonfire pacing.
>oh i can just zerg this shit because i know there's a bonfire after this difficulty arc

in DS1 you had no idea if and where the next bonfire was gonna be. it made you play more safe and it was scarier.
>>
>>334369557
the what
>>
>>334370728

Why don't the Lords want to kindle the flame?

Is there anything else to it besides "they dun hollow'd"?
>>
>>334370720
pontiff is harder than damn near every other boss in the series. offhand all i can think of is manus and kalameet and orphan of kos.
>>
>>334370908
It seems your problem is that, at a certain point, no one tells you to do something else.

You're stuck on the "ring the bells" phase and you want someone to come and say "okay now do this instead"
>>
>>334370984
Meant lighting crashes.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 540x960
>expected something akin to the castle in das2 after getting all the lords
>it's literally a straight path to the final boss
>>
>>334370476
>>334370476
It's the most straightforward story in any souls game. Bring back the missing lords of cinder to their thrones (by murdering them) so you can rekindle the fist flame or something like that.
>>
>>334371016
>Why don't you want to light yourself on fire and die?
>>
>>334368758
>I didn't even finish all the dlcs, only ivory crown. Really bad game.
Literally this. Are you me?. Frigid outskirts put me off so much I didn't even want to play DKS2 anymore.
>>
>>334371016
How would you feel if you had to burn forever?
>>
>>334367125
Rubbish that game is disgusting
>>
>>334364871
>Drangleic Knights
>Shield of Want
>Vendrick directly referenced
>Alva literally shows up cucked

DaS2 is as canon as it gets.

>>334365876
>There's no real dark souls 2 inspired areas
Lothric Castle, path leading up to the gay brothers. It's literally Dragon Shrine, except a bit less bullshit.
>>
>>334370908
>DS1
Ring the bells to enter the city of the gods and then gather the lord souls needed to enter the kiln

>DS3
Gather the lords in order to link the fire.

They tell you exactly what you have to do.
>>
>>334364714
STOP FUCKING SAYING THIS
YOU JUST GOT FUCKING GUD, OR AT LEAST DEFINETLY BETTER THAN YOU WERE.
REEEEEE
>>
>>334370720
>>334371017
Yeah dude so hard. Got him on my third attempt. He's really, really easy. Infact I haven't fought a difficult boss yet and the only ones I have left are Nameless King, Dragonslayer Armor, Prince, and Cinder.

I'm expecting Nameless to actually be difficult but who knows.
>>
>>334370908
It doesn't need to be a complete rehash of DaS1 by having an initial objective that leads into a second stage. It sounds more like you've set up 1 on a golden standard and get disappointed every time a game in the series doesn't follow DaS1 to the letter.
>>
>>334370565
The fuck? There are hardly any non group fights in Dark Souls 3. Most of time the game desperatly throws groups at you while adding some kind of projectile enemy to make dealing with said groups more difficult. Sure they are easier to stunlock but they are also faster and flail around aggressively all the time. Lothric Castle was a fucking nightmare thanks to all the bullshit the game threw at you. Dark Souls 2 felt tame in comparison, with slow moving enemies that had very predictable moves. Both games suffer a lot from more or less the same issues.
>>
The lords of cinder have previously linked the fires , correct?
>>
>>334364871
>Drang Armor is literally in the game
>refers to the man character in 2, and a bit of what happened after the game
Kys
>>
>>334370964
DaS3 feels like a throwback to Demon's Souls more than anything.
Lothric Castle feels a lot like boletaria, red eyed knights, stormruler, fire keeper which is basically the maiden in black, Irithyll prison takes a lot from tower of Latria, and probably some other stuff I'm missing too.
>>
>>334371016
I remember Aldrich's reason being stated in one of the item descriptions. The princes talk about it during their cutscene. As for Artorias fan club I think they all went mad or something, and I have no clue about Yhorm. Maybe he just prefers chilling in his throne rather than burning alive for all eternity.
>>
So DS2 comes after DS3 right?

>DS3
>A few centuries after DS1
>All the same kingdoms are around

>DS2
>Countless cycles have passed
>All the old kingdoms have crumbled and new ones have risen up
>>
>>334371157
yeah because you've played enough souls to know the meta for bosses now. it's still harder than o+s was
>>
>>334371269
Time means very little in Dark Souls.
>>
File: 20160412144828_1.jpg (716 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160412144828_1.jpg
716 KB, 1920x1080
>>334362516
look at this giant coffin, its already canon that giant will turn into tree
the rotten tree also giant too
>>
>>334371269
No, they happen in order of release.
>>
>>334370965
i dont mind most of the fire placement. it seems ok due to the level design.

although one that did bother me was

>lower wall/settlement bonfire
>fight the dog gank, raise the gate
>another bonfire
like really, was that absolutely necessary.
>>
>>334368469
>Vendrick actually says that one day, the flame will permanently die out and men will return to their original forms

Holy fuck, he literally spoiled one of the endings in DaS3. Fucking genius, B-Team.
>>
>>334371287
I think they're comparable I guess but I don't think Pontiff is harder.
>>
File: 20160415213017_1.jpg (436 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160415213017_1.jpg
436 KB, 1920x1080
So can you explain to me why I'm looking like this despite in ember form? How do I cure this?
>>
>>334371317
I thought that was supposed to be Nito's coffin. if firelink is firelink, then the catacombs should be near it. (and there are in fact coffins everywhere, there IS a graveyard right next to firelink, which is where you start out)
>>
>>334371325
That shit was annoying as a mad phantom, until I realized I could gather up all the dogs and bring them right to the host.
>>
>>334369467
Theyre mentioned in the description of the Dark Hand
>>
>>334371404
Thou art hollowing
>>
>>334371404
H O L L O W I N G
>>
>>334371404
waifu can heal it
>>
>>334371404
true power at a cost
>>
>>334371404
You took the "FREE POWER BAIT NO DOWNSIDES :^)" bait

>>334371417
It's either Nito's or Yhorm's coffin.
>>
just beat final boss
do you go straight into new game plus when you link the fire?
is there another ending?

wanna see the ending but theres a few places i know i need to explore some more
>>
>>334371317
There's a sign in the boss room for Yhorm the giant which states that storms can fell trees, referring to the easy way to beat him.
>>
>>334362516
>they said

but no one did
>>
File: 20160415213128_1.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160415213128_1.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
>>334371456
>>334371458
>>334371483
>>334371496
You aren't helping...
>>
>>334371404
Enjoying those free levels, goy?
I do hope you've put them to good use.
>>
>>334371404
>he fell for it
>>
>>334371203
Where does Bearer of the Curse get mentioned? I'm kind of peeved him and Chosen Undead don't really every get directly referenced despite being such huge figures in the lore (One found the cure to hollowing and the other was the 2nd Linker of the Flame).
>>
File: 20160415022007_1.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160415022007_1.jpg
503 KB, 1920x1080
What do you look like, /v/?
>>
>>334367774
being this upset
>>
>>334371551
You are hollowing, you "teased out" your power, the power of the Darksign.
A Firekeeper can heal you, but only with the help of the soul of another Keeper.
>>
>>334371317
confirmed nito's coffin, hell be in dlc
>>
>>334371404
thats the price of being a casual you free level grubbing fucboi
>>
File: 20160415044745_1.jpg (374 KB, 1680x945) Image search: [Google]
20160415044745_1.jpg
374 KB, 1680x945
>>334371404
Purging stone or special ring for temporary fix. Heal the darksign for perma fix.

I like having the ability to be hollow, it's good for making spooky fashion.
>>
How does one aquire purple
>>
>Meet one of those settler guys
>He sells me magic and offers to tape into my 'true power'
>Know some bullshit when I hear it
>Decide not to cheat on my maidenfu
>This absolutely breaks the game, he dies locking me out of any magic spells (Lol as if I use that shit) and about half of the NPCs refuse to show up

Did From really not account for the fact that players would choose to not use obvious dark side bullshit?
>>
>>334371353
You mean the ending where the Keeper says fire will eventually return?
>>
File: [continued slaughter].png (94 KB, 206x225) Image search: [Google]
[continued slaughter].png
94 KB, 206x225
>tfw successful invasion
>>
>>334371603
Don't have screenies, but I'm rocking the drang (llewyn) armor set and switch the helm to whatever I feel like. Currently alva's
>>
>find basilisks
>ohshit
>get cursed
>OHNO.jpg
>literally nothing happens, its just an instakill stat

holy shit i didnt think they could nerf it harder than 2.
>>
>>334371723
there's another magic teacher
>>
>>334371737
Not if you kill her or Usurp it.
>>
>>334371591
Well, you (the player) are their souls reborn just like the 4 great ones, and the CU either became the Dark Lord or Kindled the flame so they cant really reference him without it making one of the endings canon
>>
Where is this deep cathedral i've heard people talk about? is it before catacombs?
>>
>>334370715
I did the exact same thing, even the getting to where you're not supposed to go part by jumping on some rocks for 10 minutes. No items there though.
>>
>>334371787
Dying instantly isn't more nerfed than 2, though. It just lowered your hp in 2, fixed with an effigy.
>>
>>334371591
Doesn't directly mention him, but rather what he did

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Drang+Armor+Set
>>
>>334371961
It's before Farron Keep. There's another path from the woods
>>
>>334371961

Yes

Holy shit how do people miss this stuff. It's literally the only path after killing a boss.
>>
>>334371787
It's a good choice. Being able to warp anywhere and having only 1 vendor makes it nothing more than an annoyance. In 1 it was terrifying because you had to know where to get a purging stone and backtrack out of the dungeon.
>>
I'm downloading the game right now

>tfw reading about all of these players locking themselves out of covenants, killing npc's without realising and permanently fucking up their progression because of choices they skipped that they didn't know where choices

It sounds like from decided to make it really easily to fuck everything up this time around.
>>
>Parrys in DS3

Its interesting to see Parrys moved into a mechanic to counter the large enemies. Reliably parrying any enemy with fast attack is down right impossible. Kind wish they didn't go with the blood borne style of speedy gameplay
>>
File: asdasd.png (41 KB, 200x169) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.png
41 KB, 200x169
>mfw can't even get to the second bossfight
I've been stuck in this fucking tower nonsense for ages now and keep dying to knights, hollows and other shit. I'm so fucking bad, and I've yet to get parrying down.
>>
>>334371965
yeah but at least they made an effort to incorporate curse as an actual effect. DaS3 literally doesnt have curse as an effect. its just an instant kill and thats it
>>
File: (laughs maliciously).jpg (131 KB, 1125x765) Image search: [Google]
(laughs maliciously).jpg
131 KB, 1125x765
>Invade someone
>Host starts to summon phantoms to defend his babby ass
>Summoning Failed
>Summoning Failed
>>
>>334371074
So it is like the castle in DS2.
>>
>>334372064
you can't fuck up anything all covenants are shit and npc quest are not necessary
>>
File: 1460333350050.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460333350050.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
>>334372064
>tfw Siegbro gets knocked off the cliff by the demon before you even lay a hit on it

Fucking FUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>334372096
>it's too fast for me!
>the enemies need to go slower!
Lmfaoing at your life
>>334372104
>>
>>334371984
Where does that refer to him at all?
>>
>>334371712
From the first bonfire:

>go through house with midgets
>go to the right of the worshippers down a wooden bridge
>instead of going through the stables, go right down a side path
>watch out for blowdart midgets and melee midgets that jump down
>get on roof, kill midgets
>behind one of the buildings are caged hollows
>DO NOT ATTACK HIM, HE IS FRIENDLY
>talk to him
>climb the ladder on one of the buildings
>jump down from roof onto the adjacent area over looking the path to greatwood
>there will be a big saw guy with a cage on his back
>DO NOT ATTACK HIM EITHER, HE IS PASSIVE
>instead get behind him and climb into his cage
>wait and you will be able to join the purple bros
>>
>>334362516
This makes even less sense than das2

>2 is supposed to be long after the fall of many kingdoms
>is on top of anor londo
>3 has references to 2 which shouldn't even exist yet

Quality fromsoft.
>>
>>334372104
git gud just backstab the knights and r1 spam them as they get back up
>>
>>334372064
There's one covenant that is really easy to miss ( Don't kill the tree before finding it ), a few NPC questlines that you won't notice unless you fully explore each area and one more that you'll fuck up if you join a certain covenant. That last one isn't that important unless you miss the first one.
>>
>>334372224
>the land known for the legend of linking of the fire
>>
So timeline look like this?
DS1 player or solair linked flame than thousands years later ds2 happened than thousands years and some linkings later ds3 take place
>>
>>334372104
The lothric knights? Holy shit just git better
>>
>>334372240
Time isnt linear in these games, anon
>>
>>334372308
Doesn't necessarily mean it was him. It's entirely possible he fucked off somewhere with the crown and someone else later came and linked it.
>>
>>334372240
2 is before 3 but after 1

2 is also in a completely different place
>>
>>334372234
>friendly caged hollows
What
Lmao
Never seen him.
That's not necessary for joining mound makers either
>>
>>334372218
The enemies ARE too fast, have you tried using most heavier weapons? Even with light weapon the combat is less about learning moves and careful dodging than it is about stunlocking everything before it hits you.
>>
>>334372161
You sure it doesn't hollow you or something?
>>
>>334370908
Anri tells you where they are going and where you should go by extent...
>>
>>334372240
pretty sure From has insisted that Drangleic is not Lordran.

that said its easy to handwave it as time being convoluted.

its clear they incorporated some elements of 2 but not all.
you COULD just assume that Drangleic is not Lordran despite similarities.
>>
>>334371157
>*steps from the shadows*
>pssh, git gud, kid
>*tips helm*
>>
>>334371404
It's because of Dark Sigil.
>>
>>334364714
It's not it's just different, mobs go down easier than 1 but they'll break through blocks and punish bad rolls a lot quicker.

If you know what you're doing you can steamroll them, but if you're a scrub it's going to be a lot more frustrating than 1 hence the 8 thousand 'this game is bullshit' posts.
>>
>>334372372
That's true.
I just assumed, I guess.
>>
>>334372312
Yup you got it.

Also means that Solaire is a Lord of Cinder.
>>
>>334371269
you literally do not think, do you?

why would we have dead DS2 characters if DS2 was after DS3?
>>
>>334372440
>>334372368

Time being convuluted is on the level of Ken Levine writing, you all realize. It's a cheap easy cop out to explain away loop holes without doing so.
>>
>>334372414
JUST
>>
>>334372240
2 isnt lordran. it's verdite
>>
There's literally a portrait of Nashandra in Irithyll, on top of all gear and item references to 2.
>>
>>334372410
The cage dude behind the houses with the midget snipers on top, he tells you that you can go in the cage, it thought you had to talk to him to trigger it being open

It was closed in a hosts world when I got summoned, i guess it does that if you kill the tree first right?
>>
>>334372501
le time is convulting :D
>>
>>334372435
it does not hollow you, unless you have the dark sigil, in which case death in general hollows you
>>
File: Lelf.jpg (31 KB, 328x248) Image search: [Google]
Lelf.jpg
31 KB, 328x248
>>334371404
>He fell for the hollowing meme
>>
>>334372649
Oh, well that is pretty lame, then.
>>
>>334362516
>First boss
>Doesn't even tell you it's a boss or give any warnings in environment
>Just shows a dank sword in a statue that you can pull out
>Need a good weapon so pull it out
>Sword disappears
>Fat Sephiroth reanimates and and 1-2 hits me every time

How to win? I can avoid damage by rolling but whenever I go in to attack I die.
>>
>>334372575
Yeah, if you kill the tree first then there's some other later game way to join.
>>
File: Hitler-stupid-smiling-276417.jpg (46 KB, 590x525) Image search: [Google]
Hitler-stupid-smiling-276417.jpg
46 KB, 590x525
>>334371697
>Mein uniform
>>
>>334372728
Hit him
Don't get hit
>>
>>334372167
>Get summoned to host's world
>Red or Purple come out of nowhere and try to gank me
>He gets spanked

kek
When will scrubs ever learn fast weapons are still king?
>>
>>334362516

who said that? i've gotten several pieces of armor from Dark Souls 2 and the descriptions straight up mention the countries from Dark Souls 2 by name
>>
>>334362516

Yeah this game doesn't even come close to retconning 2, and I'm glad. Every time I see a reference to 2 I feel fuzzy inside because it really grew on me.

Off the top of my head, DaS3 has the Mirrah and Faraam sets, which it calls by their respective names, and there's a Drang set which I can't remember from 2 but is almost certainly a nod to drangleic. There's also the tree, and there are items called "X of Want" and a "king of want" which in context are definitely references to 2.

Dark Souls 2 lives beyb
>>
>>334372728
>Doesn't even tell you it's a boss

its a literal arena with a big armored dude in the middle with no other way of progress
how fucking obvious do you need it to be?
>>
>>334372763
Ah okay, was trying to point host to the covenant when he summoned me

>he killed the caged guy
>as did the last 2 people who summoned me

I wish purple had a help/harm toggle so you don't accidentally friendly fire the host

Like needing to be locked before you can damage them
>>
>>334364714

>Tfw so used to bloodborne I let myself get hit to get a good hit in thinking I can just rally the HP back
>That realization when I just took damage for no reason

FUCK
>>
>>334372826
>who said that?
Shitposters who tried to say DaS2 wasn't canon.

I was drinking all of their tears when the first screenshots were released showing all the references to DS2.
>>
>>334372882
there's a system in the ps4 game where you can put down signs in english

maybe there should be a sign that says 'this is a boss fight up ahead'

*shrugs*
>>
Anyone know where to farm Titanite chunks?
>>
>>334372882
So early in the game I was expecting just to receive my first primary starting weapon and maybe a cutscene
>>
>be mound maker
>Casually put my sign down as I play the level
>There is always that one host who has been invaded and has no phantoms, gives me a poke out of desperation

Blue Sentinels are just the ganker covenant. Purples are the true heroes who show up in your time of need.
>>
>>334372552
thats what it was from day 1 anon.

>hey miyazaki-san, how do we handwave drop in/drop out coop and invasions?
>uuuuuh time is convoluted! people just drop in and out of time and space!

solaire explains this shit. people centuries old phasing in and out of existence. Solaire himself being from an alternate universe where he is the chosen undead
>>
>>334364714

you gitted gud.

also, i don't know about you, but i'm pretty over leveled since i get summoned basically instantly in this game since so many people are playing. so if i get a weapon that i don't meet the stats for, I'll just take half and hour and get summoned for the most recent boss I beat over and over til I have the souls i need
>>
>>334372810
jesus anon you're so fucking bad
>>
>>334372970
you wont start seeing them until castle lothric
>>
>>334372992
Purples are the best when they kill reds for you. Those are the truest bros of bros.
>>
>>334372991
>my primary starting weapon

you spawned with it, retard.

is this your first souls game or something?
>>
>>334372964
>*shrugs*

gb2r
>>
>>334372939
This
They took BB's pace of combat while removing the other mechanics like health regain on countering that made it rewarding to play aggressively and riskily.
>>
>>334372992
can purples enter boss doors?

despite my attempts to be an honorable grape i've never actually got this far, the urges to see them getting destroyed by an enemy and kill them are too strong
>>
File: pontiff2_tc.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pontiff2_tc.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
so, this guy actually was pretty hard challenge

anyone else had some trouble with him?
>>
>Get to Lothric
>Even the basic hollows hit for 70% of my health

Why does From think this is okay?
>>
>>334372728
>first time fighting him
>need to use estus twice but win first try

>second time fighting him second playrhrough
>don't even get hit once, beat him first try

GIT
>>
>>334373065
>get summoned as a mound maker
>host has been invaded by a red and is fighting them
>there's also another purple
>we team up and kill the red
>while we cheer the host kills the other purple and I kill the host.

We helped you, you ass. Do you want Mounds? Because this is how you get Mounds.
>>
>>334373095
>butcher's knife's skill
>the pointiff eye ring that gives health on successive attacks
>ring of the evil eye
>passive health restore ring

we swimmin' in health now, boys
>>
DS1 mechanics were perfect. Getting liquid humanity from killing enough enemies before a boss fight was a great feature, and losing your stored liquid humanity upon death was a powerful incentive to actually go find your bloodstain. In 3 I don't give a fuck if I lose 30k souls at the bottom of a pit or something, but I'll be damned if I won't try to get that 99 humanity back. Plus tying drop rates to liquid humanity amount was way better than putting in some stupid useless luck stat, and you even got a little extra damage from stacking it too.
>>
>>334371998
I cant find shit. Is it before crusification woods?
>>
>>334373069
Yeah I wanted to give it a try but it's frustrating and I have no idea what's even happening. I know story isn't the primary point of the Souls games but is there at least some plot to keep me motivated?
>>
>>334373220
that really rubbed me the wrong way, they don't look any different but they hit for a shit ton
>>
>>334373193
No. Grapes have one goal and thats to collect someones spine. Hosts spine, phantom spine, invaders spine, fellow grapes spine. They dont care as long as they get theirs

>Zone in to Anor Lando pvp zone
>Two ALritch running up on a host
>Make it a 2 v 2
>Kill both of them, fill my quota on spines and bow as I zone out

Everyone knows sunbros and whites are garbage at pvp. Grapes are your anti invasion insurance.
>>
>Luck
y/n?
>>
>>334373197
I did him on on my first try.

>>334373220
They seem to reuse enemies from past areas by scaling their stats and maybe giving them one or two cosmetic differences.

Keeps me on my toes at least, I guess.
>>
>>334373003
Also, it make sense as well with the fire fading

Fire creates disparity right? Well when it wanes, reality cant discern between 'past' and 'present' or other timelines as well as its supposed to, so shit bleeds through into places it doesnt belong. It's why time of day changes moving from area to area, theres not enough distinction between 'then' and 'now', either.
>>
>>334362516
I like to think of each Dark Souls game as existing in its own universe. Since they take place in entirely different places at different times and don't really attempt to reference each other directly apart from having the same armour sets, which may as well just be there for gameplay reasons only.
>>
>>334373197
Beat him on my first try whilst i was drunk.
actually can't remember the fight itself

Why is he such a dick lorewise
>>
>>334373042
t. cuck that I killed when he invaded me
>>
>>334373365
The world is dying and you need to find the Lords of Cinder to link the Flame so that it can keep on spinning
>>
just so everyone knows, From posted that on the 18th we will our update, check Information on the title screen for patchnotes.
>>
>>334373389
Max

To the max level

Godspeed anon
>>
>>334369467
If you kill Yuria, someone else from Londor who shows up after Yoel her dying words are "Kaathe, I have failed thee"
>>
File: 1391603251283.jpg (89 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1391603251283.jpg
89 KB, 571x540
Can you parry greatswords and greataxes in this?
>>
>>334373095
But bosses in ds3 are not that agressive and their combos are way shorter.
>>
>>334373442
>using a straight sword
>clapping

The irony

How does it feel to be worse than katanafags?
>>
did anyone figure this path of the dragon shit on their own? thank jebus I didn't go to ng+ yet
>>
>>334373413
pretty sure that is just supposed to illustrate passage of time.

less of an impact to your "journey" if it all takes place in the same day
>>
>>334373389
I kinda want to do a deprived run where I only level up luck and nothing else.
>>
>>334373239
Stay calm Grapebro, Hosts naturally fear us. You have to be crafty, you have to make it an inconvenience to attack you.
Always take the rear, the host will trust you quicker once they see you will not backstab them, even when he's standing still.
>>
>>334373457
So it's a metaphor for entropy?
>>
>>334373250
That's what I plan on getting as well

Gonna hack, whack, chop up dat meat
>>
>put down summon outside of the swamp
>summoned immediately
>Guy is named Frustrated Cuck

Had to be one of you faggots.
>>
>>334373197
Apparently people have a hard time on him. Old demon king was harder, imo.
>>
>>334373094
what does that stand for? sorry, im from reddit so i dont know the lingo yet
>>
>>334373532
Feels good famalan, your invader tears sustain me.

I was also a havelmage in DaS2 and a havelmom in DaS.
>>
>>334373520
>not aggressive
Bitch, please
>dancers ultra wombo combo in phase 2
>pontiff
>>
>>334370908
Then you're not checking all dialogues or are paying attention, multiple NPCs from new Crestfallen to Anri mention specifically how to get to or where different Lords of Cinder are, specifically Crestfallen tells you how to get into the Farron Keep to access the Abyss Watchers and Undead Legion.
Anri tells you that Aldrich is said to be in the Cathedral of the Deep and once you arrive there and kill the Deacons instead you find him/her at Firelink where it stated that his coffin is empty and he must've returned to his original home of Irithyll the Boreal Valley
Theres even ITEM DESCRIPTIONS that imply and try to nudge you in certain directions.
>>
Fuck, /v/, I read somewhere that if you store an upgraded weapon you can do online basically without it, but it doesn't work. Now I'm stuck at level 30 with a +7 weapon and am trying to find a place to get summoned to farm souls.
>>
>>334371603
What area is this? I'm at Lothric caslte and haven't seen this yet.
>>
>>334373538
Got lucky that there was a message saying try gesture. Got paranoid because of that make contact nonsense in BB so I tried every gesture, then came back every few new gestures till I beat consumed King and got it
>>
>>334373727
>invader tears

feels fucking good to parry you, dumb cunts. you just keep spamming your dumb r1s
>>
>>334373538
I found a torso stone. Dragon form is back to DS1style without the armor, but with curled horns and a longer neck.
>>
>>334370380
Your choice to kill Gwyndolin is not canon since he was an optional boss.
>>
File: 1450442563678.gif (1 MB, 430x342) Image search: [Google]
1450442563678.gif
1 MB, 430x342
>>334373906
>tfw got invaded once during my playthrough and won by spamming rapier R1
>>
>>334372414
I'm currently romp stomping through the game with the Astora Greatsword friend.
Abuse your hyper armor and know when you have a window to swing.
>>
>>334373727
And I loved being a havel mom in DaS.

However, havelweeb hexer with a buffed cb was more fun than a havelmage.
>>
>>334373197
Stuck on him right now.
He get's 2 hits on me while i do my swinging animation with my spiked mace.
>>
>>334373647
Harder, maybe, but not more challenging. 80% of old demon King's difficulty is getting stuck on a random Taurus demon foot or trying to roll around him and getting stuck on his fucking hammer
>>
File: knight.jpg (16 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
knight.jpg
16 KB, 184x184
>>334364714
because you've played dark souls before?
How do people not realise this
>HURR this other instalment of the franchise is easier than those before it
no you fucking mongoloids, you got better at those games
christ
fuck
yes i'm mad
>>
So I don't know if this is actually the case, but I used the 'rest' emote after killing some latern jailers, and it seemed like my health returned much, much faster. Can anyone confirm or am I just being retarded.
>>
File: 1423289506517.png (99 KB, 260x254) Image search: [Google]
1423289506517.png
99 KB, 260x254
>>334373906
>mfw haven't been parried once yet despite spamming R1s
Just gotta not be predictable. It's so easy to punish failed parries too.
>>
File: 1401119334025.jpg (525 KB, 2500x1759) Image search: [Google]
1401119334025.jpg
525 KB, 2500x1759
>>334372552
You're not wrong, however Fromsoft insist that 2 does not take place in Lordran. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3SsyxRqv5E&list=PL961B095E5F43290E

If you look at the map of Boletaria in the very beginning of this cutscene there's a continent across the ocean to the East. That Eastern continent looks strangely familiar to Drangleic.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/dark-souls-2/a/a4/Darksouls2map.jpg

You'll see those 2 sharp jutting peninsulas on the western coast of the continent and they look a lot like the two distinct jagged edges on Drangleic's western side

Either way its something to ponder.
>>
>tfw you get invaded
>instantly exit game and launch it again
>they get mad

I have no time for your ebin pvp shit, let me finish the game.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.