[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (50 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
50 KB, 460x215
Is this game good?
>>
>>334351375

I keep hearing its good from other people but I find that pixel style repelling.

It's Link to the Past with dashing and some more features, that's all I know.
>>
It's okay
>>
>>334351375
It's a semi-competent rpg dungeon crawler. It needed more content, less wall-hugging secrets, and a bigger emphasis on the fun combat, rather than dash puzzles.
>>
its kinda neat
>>
I hate the artstyle
Everything seems like shades of pastels and nothing is recognizable as being anything. It's just surreal vomit.
>>
>>334351375
It's SJW garbage.
By buying this youre supporting Zoe Quinn, Phil Fish and Anita Sarkesian
>>
>>334351375
>It's Link to the Past with dashing and some more features

Hell to the fuck no, it is not. There's no exploration, no dungeons, no items. You just walk down a path and hack n slay your way through hordes of enemies and pretty difficult bosses. There's literally nothing more to it.

I gave it a 3/5 and I was generous.
>>
>>334351697
not now steve
>>
>>334351756
I felt like it was a less interesting Titan Souls.
>>
File: hyper light.png (537 KB, 1068x419) Image search: [Google]
hyper light.png
537 KB, 1068x419
Devs paid an H-artist to advertise.
>>
I thought people were mad that they made 650k or some shit and the game is only 5 hours?
>>
>>334351756
>There's no exploration, no dungeons, no items

The game has all of these things (well except upgrades instead of items), but it's all less thought out and way less refined than in a game like Zelda. You never feel like you're lost or walking around aimlessly in Zelda (kokiri forest nonwithstanding), because the developers paid an immense amount of attention to detail and making sure the player has enough cues to have a general idea of where they're going.

Meanwhile HLD's devs thought that filling the screen with enemies, boilerplate dash "puzzles" and wall hugging to explore hidden sections made for good design. It doesn't.

>>334352581
650k is a pittance even for an indie game of this scale nowadays. The team has like ~10 people and very few games are made for less than $1m unless your team is made up of savants like yacht club games
>>
>>334351375
If you like picking a direction and not dashing in that direction for some reason, then sure, its a great game.
>>
>>334351375

No, it's a 2D action Zelda-like that manages to be capped at 30 FPS and doesn't even stay at that consistently.

The most interesting thing it does is that NPCs don't talk to you in English, they emote with pictures. Plus you have a silent protagonist. It's interesting to struggle to learn who you are and what your place is in the world (the central mystery) but I dropped it after 2 hours because that's not enough to be a good game.
>>
>>334351375
>pixelshit
>neon colours
>edgy caped swordsman protag
>special thanks to zoe and anita
cant think of a single reason to purchase this game desu
>>
>>334352376
Sauce? Google gives me nothing.
>>
>>334351697
>being this mad because people stopped caring about you and your game

Calm down phil fish
>>
>>334353031
>10 people
>650k
>take away 50k for licensing and fees
>60k per developer
Seems more than a pittance.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.