[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>peace walker ending >the ai drowns itself, saving the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
>peace walker ending
>the ai drowns itself, saving the world
>big boss gives a final salute before casting away his bandana
>doesn't agree with the boss putting down her gun
>finally adopts the name big boss

10/10 ending, would watch agai-

>oh wait theres another chapter
>hurr boss doorknob escaped six times!
>oh and paz is evil now cause why not, here's a panty shot
>hope you like jpop! wouldn't want to ruin the mood of this final boss fight
>btw kaz was working with zero too lol

How the fuck did Kojima shit the bed so hard with this? They took an okay story and just decided to fuck everything up. The game really should've ended at the false ending.
>>
>>334350734
That's le wacky japanese storytelling for you.

Weebs WILL defend this. How do they ever expect anime to be taken seriously when they all fall victim to such juvenile shit?
>>
lol desu I didn't even go past the first zadornov is missing mission cuz I just wanted to start playing ground zeroes. The game was a grind fest, and is merely a symbol of how much of a grind making metal gear games was for Kojima. You could tell he just wanted to do something else.
>>
I don't know man, I dropped the game once it informed me that there's even more grinding and boring-ass strolls across old maps after finishing the "final" boss. I'm happy with the ending I got and see no point in playing further.

>big boss gives a final salute before casting away his banana
Seems accurate.
>>
>>334350734
I actually enjoyed the Zeke boss fight. Shit was so ridiculous I just laughed and rolled with it. PW is the most intentionally cheesh MGS game anyway, you should know that by that point.
>>
>>334350734
Because in most MGS games there's this part where the plot takes a really weird turn, you know, the tweest.

In MG1 was that your commander was the villain.
In MG2 was that Big Boss actually survived.
In MGS1 was that the villain is your own brother.
In MGS2 there's the whole Patriot thing.
In MGS4 was that Big Boss was alive.
In PW was that Paz was working for Zero.
In MGSV is the whole Big Medic thing.

There's always this turn which you read it without playing the game and you say
>mmm, this doesn't fit the storyline as it was originally progressing
>>
>>334351108
>In MGSV is the whole Big Medic thing.

thats not a twist, literally everyone new that from the begining
>>
>>334351187
I mean the fact that Venom was the nameless medic from GZ, not the twist itself.
>>
>>334351108
>In MG2 was that Big Boss actually survived.
You learn this about 1 minutes into the game
>>
>>334350734
PW>TPP
>>
>>334351108
No twist for MGS3?
>>
>>334351254
Not really. You hear that there's this Kurtz type of a dude who runs Zanzibar, but you don't really discover that it's actually Big Boss until the very end.
>>
>>334351365
he most most of them wrong anyway, in 3 the ''twist'' happens early after the first mission
>>
>>334350821
You make the mistake of thinking I want anime to be taken seriously. Just look what happened to video games.
>>
>>334350821
>anime
>taken seriously

must be nice to be 14, but you should be at least 18 to post here
>>
>>334351256
Fuck no, it had more side op variety, but that's it.
Grinding was actually requiered to beat bosses (in fact, I needed to grind for the M60 to beat the Peace Walker), the bosses are tedious bullet sponges meant for co-op, the controls are garbage, you can't go prone, the HUD is the worst, and grinding soldiers is tedious because you can't call in for Fultons, so you need to do missions over and over again and actually complete them to get the fultoned soldiers.

>>334351365
Ehh, the twist of MGS3 is that Snake is Big Boss, but you could actually see that even without playing.
Plus the eye-patch gives it all away.
>>
>>334351452
MGS in general is just anime bullshit, don't know why so many people take it seriously.
>>
>>334351452
>>334351523
>it's supposed to be bad!

Weeb defense force, everyone. Go watch "generic moeblobs in generic highschool #135687"
>>
>>334351524
Regular bosses aren't bullet sponges. If you take like a minute of your time to finish 1 or 2 side ops before taking on each main op, then you'll be overpowered by the time you have to face each boss.

Post game boss fights though? Yeah, that's some serious bullshit.
>>
>>334351524
>Grinding was actually requiered to beat bosses

casual baby

>you can't go prone

but you can, you just cant move while doing it

did you whine about not being able to crouchwalk in 3 too?

>HUD is the worst

its one of the best huds I've ever used for a portable game

>is tedious because you can't call in for Fultons

fultons aint the only way to get people, but you'd know that if you actually played it

>fulton mines
>gale gun
>wifi recruits
>volunteers
>>
>>334351524
What? The twist of MGS3 is the Boss was on your side all along.
>>
Was there a way to dismiss D-rank shitters at all?
>>
>>334351852
you mean the ''dismiss'' option?
>>
>>334351628
Don't worry, I will.
>>
>>334351791
>casual baby
Dude, the weapons were simply not powerful enough.
I used all my ammo and all my calls for ammo and the second Peace Walker fight was impossible.

>did you whine about not being able to crouchwalk in 3 too?
No because crouchwalking is the one that's not useful.

>its one of the best huds I've ever used for a portable game
It's absolutely worthless.
Is funny that game that used the same engine, and that has some actual creatures from, MHFU, has a much better HUD that this piece of shit had.

>fulton mines
>gale gun
How much do I need to grind to get these?

>wifi recruits
>volunteers
Worthless, in fact, if you wanted to seriously rank up, you had to grind side ops and missions where there were special soldiers and prisoners.
>>
>>334352009
I bet, faggot.
>>
>>334352058
Holy shit I didnt know DSP used /v/!
>>
>>334351791
>y-you haven't played it
This is pathetic.
Sorry but Peace Walker is probably the second worst MGS of them all.
It's a grindy piece of shit, it's a failure as a sneaking game, has shitty bosses and a laughable story.
There's probably not a single redeeming factor on this game.
And that's talking about the PS3 version, because the lack of a second stick made the controls some of the worst.
I don't know who thought that game was a good idea at all.
>>
>>334351108
>>334351254
>>334351415
There were lots of twists in MG2. Not sure the biggest one:
Big Boss didn't die
Kyle Schneider is working for Big Boss now because the UN fucked him over or some shit
Gray Fox is working for Big Boss now because he respected Big Boss or some shit
Dr. Madnar is working for Big Boss because there was no more work for him after TX55 or some shit
The Olympic Skater lady's boyfriend was Frank Jaeger, AKA Gray Fox (FUCK YOU PORTABLE OPS YOU LORE RUINING SHIT)
KIO MARV is VRAM 01K backwards, or the hacked VRAM screen at the beginning
>>
>>334352120
lol this xDD
>>
>>334352120
The fuck are you talking about, it's not a matter of skill, it's the matter that the weapons were not powerful enough.
>>
>>334351108

the weirdest thing in mgs1 was the miller thing. it's just so over the top but at the same time believable since it's in the midst of other major twists and miller steps in as a intermediary and becomes your guide when the rest of the support team's trust is in question then he's like lol well done snake i was liquid all along
>>
>>334351791
>>334352120
>literal monhun copy kojima made for kids
>u r cazual noob if u dint like it >:(
Come on. The Peace Walker 2 fight is the entire game in a nutshell. The patterns are easy as shit so it's impossible to die or take damage but the fight can take hours because the walker might randomly decide to stay out of sight or do nothing but spam the anti-missile forcefield when you've got nothing but missiles on you. You might lose your few opportunities to attack since you have to constantly call for more ammo.

The fight was clearly designed to be cleared with four players' ammo. It's a bland party game with local co-op removed.
>>
File: 1443699283440.jpg (137 KB, 628x418) Image search: [Google]
1443699283440.jpg
137 KB, 628x418
>there are people that legitimately hate Koi no Yokushiryoku
>>
>>334352156
I liked it
Side missions were fun
Building mother base was fantastic
I liked it as a stealth game, bosses were actually challenging and required patience and concentration, the story is really great and we get to see who the fuck Kaz actually is
So whatever, keep on hating I loved it myself, it's a mgs game with rpg elements, and it was amazing
>>
>>334352909

always think of nanoha because it's where I first heard nana mizuki's voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWom9fuUew
>>
Peace Walker played like hot dogshit, who the fuck thought splitting MGS into tiny missions was a good idea?
>>
>>334351591
Because they're stupid
I personally prefer anime plots like these because they can actually be crazy and fun instead of boring and annoying
Main reason why I love superhero movies is because of the crazy plot twists and insane bullshit
>>
>>334352909
People are generally stupid
I still remember playing that the first time
>wait, what? Seriously? PAZ?
>what the fuck? What is this music? Oh shit it's the final boss battle! This is fucking insane, I love it
>I fucking love you Kojima
>>334353187
Kaz probably
It's much easier and in a way safer fir BB to only do small missions instead of a really long mission with no support from anyone or anything, especially since he had Mother Base
>>
>>334353514
Good one cunny funt, speaks volumes that you've got jokes instead of an actual defence though.
>>
>>334350734
>>finally adopts the name big boss
>2 weeks later in game is introduced to the audience as "formerly known as Big Boss"

Good work Kojima
>>
>>334353640
People probably just started calling him Boss, he broke down, cried for a few days, lost his voice and then decided he wasn't Big Boss anymore
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.