[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>$300 is now considered mid-range for GPUs What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Image_01S[1].jpg (3 MB, 5736x2452) Image search: [Google]
Image_01S[1].jpg
3 MB, 5736x2452
>$300 is now considered mid-range for GPUs

What went wrong? And how can we blame Nvidia?
>>
>>334344629

>300

Try 225. 300 is upper midrange to lower high, 400 is high, 500+ is ultra.
>>
>>334344629
>better things cost more

whoa
>>
>>334344629
I can get a 290 for 200 easily and @60fps 1080p I can play everything perfectly.
>>
>>334344629
you can blame AMD for not competing at all for so many years.
>>
>>334346946
>>334344629

Blame Nvidia fandom and "gamers" falling for marketing hype.

I hope Nvidia never fixes it's DX12 performance issues. Next gen is goin to be funny when AMD wrecks Nvidia.
>>
they stopped improving as fast but they still push meme resolutions like 4k and 2k
>>
It's called technology.
>>
>>334347090
Its gonna be GeForce FX all over again if that happens.
>>
>>334346946
Amd has been competitive in the GPU market, the CPU market is where they've tucked up big time
>>
What went wrong is no one but the most hardcore enthusiasts feeling the need to upgrade because every fucking game is a console port that is playable on a toaster.
>>
>>334344629
A 970 is not mid range. Being able to max out new games is not mid range.

The 960 is mid range, and it's ~$180.

Seems normal to me.
>>
$300 is midrange now because AMD, while putting out decent enough cards isnt competing aggressively with nvidia.

If they put it a shit card, Nvidias "midrange" ends up better and they either price match that card or its so bad nvidia doesnt need to reduce their prices to compete.

If they put out a decent card, they just jack up the price to meet Nvidias price. But in the end they fuck themselves over because Nvidia Jews devs to optimize for their card over AMD IE: Gameworks.

This goes back to my first point, AMD doesnt really need to put out a card that matches Nvidias performance 1:1. If they just reduce their prices drastically they could gain a large marketshare back. The increase in buys would probably get them more money than what they get now selling so many fewer cards compared to nvidia. That would also force Nvidia to possibly cut their prices since the difference between AMD and nvidia hasn't been drastic.

>in b4 AMD shill, Im using a 980

Also, Nvidia purposely fucks over the previous generation of cards when a new one is close to launching. Look up the FPS difference when Bethesda patched their Fallout mod for Skyrim
>>
>tfw you basically need an R9390 or 970 to hit 60 FPS on games released in the past 2 years
>>
>>334347090
Even if Nvidia fucks up in DX12, idiots will stil buy it over AMD cards. Just look at the 3.5 meme. People still buy that shit despite knowing they are getting gimped.
>>
Why do mods keep pruning threads with discussions that are alive?
>>
>>334344629
The 980 ti is a mid range gpu considering high range systems start at dual gpu setups
>>
>>334344629
>>$300 is now considered mid-range for GPUs
>What went wrong? And how can we blame Nvidia?

But 300 is not considered mid range fucktard. cards like r9 380 can get you 1080p 60 fps in high settings, that card is in the 200 price range.

r9 390/memecard 970 are much better and it's in the 300 price range.

You posted this bait in that other thread a while ago, fuck off.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (18 KB, 209x207) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
18 KB, 209x207
>>334344629
>>
GPU prices have been like that for 10 years now.

Only major change was Nvidia raising the price of top end models with the 780ti. They launched a $700 GPU and people actually bought it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.