[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's gonna be shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Dead on arrival.jpg (29 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dead on arrival.jpg
29 KB, 1280x720
It's gonna be shit
>>
ok -_-
>>
>>334338282
It would have less of a chance of being shit if the lead developer didn't dance around questions while showing the same tired gameplay for the last year.
>>
>>334338282
Funny. Your parents said the exact same thing about you.
>>
We knew this years ago.
Just like how Elite: Dangerous was going to be massively over-scaled and feature absolutely nothing to do, before selling out for the console casual audience.
Just like how Star Citizen would never be finished because Anti-Christ Roberts is an autist who dreams about more and more features to add instead of finishing the game.
Just like how Transverse was DoA because of shovelware devs thinking they were hotshots after milking whales for three years.
And now there's No Content Sky. Golly gee, what a shock.

The Great Space Revival is Dead.
Paradox will not save it.
>>
>>334338282
i guess thats depending on what your looking for.
i want a comfy game to dive in.
whats better for that than a universe with "random" generated planets etc
>>
>>334340514
just play minecraft you nigger
>>
>>334340578
the community was always too edgy for me, a reason i never started.
minecraft looks like shit and incredibly boring and autistic. i played lego as a kid, i dont need nor want to build a house or a shelter with blocks.
>>
>>334339963

This.

Stellaris is going to be dogshit, an empty frame for DLC just like EUIV.

Once the vidya industry became extremely profitable, the people who started getting into vidya care more about money than making good games. Corporate gaming is incapable of the care and effort necessary for a good game, let alone a good space game. Good games in this era are accidentally good.
>>
File: 184566.jpg (487 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
184566.jpg
487 KB, 1152x864
But will it be fun shit? I just want a space wandering game, is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>334338430
They didn't want to show a lot of stuff. Then they got snatched up by Sony because they needed a Destiny killer or something I guess, and now it's suddenly a 60 dollar game that needs to really impress people while they really haven't all that much to show. It feels like it was supposed to be some kind of tech demoy thing like Noby Noby Boy or Journey or something. I mean their only prior game is some kind of Trials clone for Android
>>
>>334340578
minecraft has nothing left to explore
>>
The last released video managed to make it look even worse. Which is what devs were probably afraid of.
>>
Spore 2.0
>>
I'm going to name everything I discover ''Reddit''
>>
>>334341824
No.
There are three main joys to exploration:
Seeing something no one has ever seen before.
Seeing something almost no one else has seen before, and someone who saw it left something behind for whoever found it next.
Seeing either of the two and having someone to share it with.

Good luck on the last one.
The first means nothing with randomly generated planets. It's like setting photoshop up to draw things for you and sitting at your desk saying "wow, no one else has ever seen these things before".
It means nothing because the grandeur that can be captured in fiction doesn't compare to that found in nature.
The middle condition is the only one that has meaning in the context of games: that one little thing some modeler added that only you and he has ever seen, and may ever see, and you get to have this little moment of connection with someone else you've never known, and never will know.
That's not going to exist in anything but hand-crafted games.
if Star Citizen releases on-time in 2020, that's what they'll have more or less. Even then, there's still that question of just what you can find that's left in by some modeler somewhere that some fuck isn't just going to find digging through the game files.

tl;dr
go hiking
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.