[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: maddox.jpg (106 KB, 1284x839) Image search: [Google]
maddox.jpg
106 KB, 1284x839
What do you think about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRQ0VxMVnGU

Is Maddox in the wrong here?
>>
maddox is still around? really?

next you'll be telling me that sluggy freelance still exists
>>
>>334335020
that sluggy freelance still exists
>>
>>334334912
I think he's right.
>>
>>334335758
Wow, been a long time since I saw a reference to Sluggy. I read some archives a year or so ago but I'll never have the time to plow through all of it.
>>
>>334335954
you aren't missing anything

megatokyo is still around, too. spoiler: you aren't missing anything
>>
why watch other people play football?
>>
>>334334912
Why would you watch some balding loser try to stay relevant?
>>
>>334335020
>he doesn't listen to the podcast
>>
>>334335020
Knew this would be the first post

yes he's still around and he's mostly doing a podcast with Dick Masterson

the best part of the podcast is when either he or Dick is completely fucking wrong about something and the other one just blows them the fuck out with Sean cracking wise in the background

second best part is when they go on long angry rants about problems
>>
He's got a point lads,
>maddox
aside
>>
>>334334912
You can watch a streamer play a game if you're on the fence about the purchase.

You can watch it if it's a tournament or speedrunner for much the same reason why people go watch sports. It is watching people do stuff you can do but way better.
>>
>>334336232
Alright well he had a point up until he started spouting off the numbered list and then it went into a tailspin

could have ended it after the minute mark desu
>>
Does anyone else feel like most youtubers are breaking the law? They're getting paid millions to talk over another person's product. This has to break some form of copyright law. Also

>People watching sports is the exact same as watching people play video games meme xD

Sports promote physical and healthy lifestyles. Video games promote spite and gluttony and are made specifically for children and young teens. Grow up manchildren.
>>
madoff yous a bitch
>>
>>334336553
PEW PEW PEW PEW
>>
>>334336220
>That time Maddox got absolutely BTFO with his shitty argument on libertarians.

Goddamn, he got raped.
>>
>/v/ hates/is unaware of maddox

I'm convinced I read my first Maddox article before some of you were born.
>>
>>334336617
Click click screech crash!
>>
>>334336694
That was fucking glorious. I like Maddox but he can be a real fucking retard sometimes.

I can't even really think of a time where Dick got BTFO as badly, or was even that wrong. Maybe when he was talking about NASA, but that's nothing in comparison to how poorly-prepared Maddox was for his Libertarianism problem.
>>
WHOA SHIT PEOPLE LIKE TO WATCH OTHER PEOPLE DO SHIT

WHOA WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>334336514
copyright doesn't work that way, apparently, or pewdiepie would have been sued into gettin' a real job by now
>>
fucking rekt desu
>>
>>334334912
Maddox is such a badass! xD
>>
File: 1460586422233.jpg (257 KB, 697x497) Image search: [Google]
1460586422233.jpg
257 KB, 697x497
>>334334912
>letting other peoples opinions dictate what you are and are not allowed to enjoy
>>
I think the takeaway here is that watching people do anything you could be doing yourself makes you a cuck who enjoys wasting his time.
>>
>>334334912
He's right.

Also, his podcast is hilarious. Better than any of his videos for sure. Called "Biggest Problem in the Universe," co-hosted by Dick Masterson. Look it up.
>>
>>334337240
I don't know, I really liked his Lifehack video and the April Fools one he did in 2014.
>>
I feel like this has already been explained a million times

maybe using logic you can explain why you think its dumb

too bad the human brain doesn't always work on logic
>>
I always liked maddox but, I'm a grown ass man and I'll do what I want. There is enjoyment to be had in watching other people play a game and interacting with them. There is also an element of discovery, and you can collaborate with the streamer and people in chat.

Now if you wanna talk about these fucking whales that donate thousands of dollars to streamers then that's another story. Those people are fuckboys, and should just take their money to pay cam sites where they can get some payoff for their donation.
>>
>>334336514
Copyright law is only enforced by companies with lawyers ready to sue anyone they don't like, gaming publishers don't have the time or money to set up a trade organization to enforce copyright laws and now just use let's players to promote their games
>>
>why listen to music when you could be playing music yourself
>>
File: 1448483326751.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1448483326751.png
377 KB, 498x497
>>334334912
>its a "you cant criticize lets plays but watch sports commentators" episode

why do retards keep bringing this fucking up. I DON'T WATCH BOTH. PLENTY OF PEOPLE DO NOT WATCH BOTH.

lets players are cancer. sports commentators are cancer.
>>
>>334336093
Because it's watching the best of the best playing the game not some dude in his bedroom playing a game
>>
>>334337678
Is this bait or do you really feel that bad about wasting your time that you have to come up with flawed logic like that?
>>
More importantly; who cares? What does it matter what people watch? It doesn't affect your daily life at all.
>>
>not enjoying hobbits no hit runs
>>
>>334334912
>>334337918
>>334337918
>>334337918
Watching other people play vidya literally makes you a cuck. Like, by definition you're a cuck.

"Wow! Look how much better he is a fucking my wife than me! I'm so inferior and much happier sitting in a chair in the dark stroking my tiny pecker."

"Wow! He is so much better at vidya than me. I'd much rather sit and watch him have fun than play the game myself."
>>
>>334337653
Did you even watch the video? Maddox supports let's playing/game streaming.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1280x715) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1280x715
>>334336514
Poker promotes physical and healthy lifestyles?
>>
I agree with him for shit like esports and shit, but not for most Let's Plays

Why waste the ability to experience a game for the first time on passive entertainment? You're spoiling parts of the game for yourself if you ever decide to play it (and the fact that you're watching someone else play it shows you probably have enough interest to do so). You could be watching a movie or series instead and then, later, experience the game through fresh eyes later, firsthand.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.