[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? I am playing right now and having fun with it. It doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157 KB, 1280x720
Thoughts? I am playing right now and having fun with it. It doesn't anything new and killing the assassins in the Forts is a pain in the ass, but I liked Shay and I wanna see his history,
>>
The only fun AC along with Black Flag
>>
Yeah, was pretty fun. Just finished it the other day and even ended up going for the platinum since it was so easy. I think 3 is godawful, but I'll give Rogue the credit for making me look at it with a new perspective. Had a shitton of lore that ties up all the America games.
>>
it looks good in comparison to godawful Unity

but otherwise it's a thorough rehash of 3 and 2 and 4

still i enjoyed it enough to 100% it
>>
I always liked the Templars more, the Assassin's feels like a bunch of hobos to me
>>
>>334332769
Haven't played it in awhile, but my goodness did it have a lot of glitches. You could literally cheese/fail missions by adjusting your camera. The CPU tries to compensate, which has enemies running through the ground and through walls.
>>
>>334337205
I noticed this too. All AC games have glitches on release, but they're mainly ironed out by the time I get to them. My guess is that when Rogue and Unity came out, they took the whole Rogue team to help fix up Unity since that was the one getting all the bad press for its bugs. I really enjoyed Rogue, but all those fucking bugs everywhere.
>>
>>334337205
I played it on PS3 and never encountered any problems.
>>
>>334337205
>The CPU tries to compensate, which has enemies running through the ground and through walls.
That might have been the reason why one of the british soldiers willingly went into a campfire, burned and and died before while i didn't even do anything, just watched in amusement.
>>
>>334334037
>it looks good in comparison to godawful Unity
If you thought Unity was bad than you are what is wrong with AC.
>>
>>334332769
It's fun, the Assassins hunting you makes it feel like a single player multiplayer match, big water maps and the best Legendary ship battles

Story is short but sweet, Shay is a great protag
>>
>>334339398

I haven't played Unity yet, but I like that we are finally in huge cities again. I like the pirate setting, but it isn't assassin's creed.
>>
>>334339398
it stutters like hell on my PC

combat is fucking terrible, "light" attack takes over 3 seconds of animation. LIGHT attack.

New climbing/descending controls are more hassle than they're worth, they even had to dedicate it's own button TO ENTER THE WINDOW and even then it works 50/50

Their idea was to make main character more controllable and movement less wonky so they made that you can't initiate climbing unless you're holding A. Except MC is STILL prone to jumping over waist high obstacles when you're not pressing A.

> don't hold run button then!
Good luck not holding run button in flags competition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeZxBbDXdLk

^ this shit right here exposes terrible movement in that because character will be flailing all over the goddamn place sticking to all the shit on that arena instead of just running where you want

And combat section right after is as much of a shitshow.

Some of the idea aren't half bad, but it just needed another year of polish. But Ubisoft can't have that so they released that turd.
>>
Quick question: Is the co-op in Unity any good? My friend owns Unity but has yet to play it, and I was planning on just borrowing it from him. But if the co-op is fun, then I could just buy it myself so we could just play it together. It's like $11 on Amazon, so buy it for the co-op or fuck it and just borrow it?
>>
>>334341142

Well, co-op is always fun for me, but I didn't play Unity yet man, I hope someone answers you
>>
>>334340490
>it stutters like hell on my PC
Stop playing on a garbage pc.
>combat is fucking terrible, "light" attack takes over 3 seconds of animation. LIGHT attack.
So, it's not a hack n slash or fighting game, dummy. It's not like the the enemies has less frames than you in their attacks.
>New climbing/descending controls are more hassle than they're worth, they even had to dedicate it's own button TO ENTER THE WINDOW and even then it works 50/50

I never really had a problem with it after you get use to it. Actually it makes everything far more accurate. I don't know how many times I jump on and off the the wrong thing in past ACs like 3 and 4 because it was automatic.
>Their idea was to make main character more controllable and movement less wonky so they made that you can't initiate climbing unless you're holding A.
That's what it was like in games before AC3 and it was better. Making it automatic makes the game worse and at times it even feels like the games is playing itself.
>Except MC is STILL prone to jumping over waist high obstacles when you're not pressing A.
I don't see how that's a problem. Are you saying you are too retarded that you can't differentiate that wist objects don't need a button, but everything else does? Sorry that the game actually wants do something and not have it do everything for you.

The combat is better than every past AC. Again the older AC played the game for you. Unity got rid of the instant kill streaks and counter kills. Your parry just knocks back the enemy and doesn't give you a free kill. And enemies are way harder and won't sit around to let you kill them. Some even have counters to certain moves you do. And also that's another thing, you actually have moves. Not just one button that does everything. It's the deepest the series ever been with it's combat and a step in the right direction.
>>
File: lionkekest.jpg (59 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
lionkekest.jpg
59 KB, 200x200
>>334340490
>>334341806

>BTFO
>>
>>334341806
>Stop playing on a garbage pc.
my rig is better than yours. I even got additional RAM up to 16Gb only to discover that game never goes over 6Gb of used RAM.

> I never really had a problem with it after you get use to it
> after you get use to it
Why should i get used to less efficient and accurate controls?

Humans can adapt to a lot of shit doesn't mean that i HAVE to.

Previous control scheme 2 and 3 was okay as is. Heck even new controls might have worked, if only they properly polished it.

but they didn't

> I don't see how that's a problem
i literally said there that it's a huge problem when you NEED to run but don't need main character to stick to any random obstacle it sees

When MC jumps over or slides under some obstacle animation is substantially slower than if he just run past it

They should have made it consistent and not activate these actions unless i press A or B

Yes, it was semi-automatic previously and you didn't have choice in the matter, but at least these sliding and jumping over animations didn't take forever and directly impact your gameplay when you are for example chasing someone or god forbid trying to collect all 43 flags on that fucking tournament mission.

> So, it's not a hack n slash or fighting game
And previous what seven games games were? Combat was as slow before, but now it's slower and objectively worse.

Combat wasn't anything special previously but at least it wasn't directly inhibit the enjoyment.

When you start the game you are ridiculously underpowered and will die if guard will as much as look at you wrong way. There are neighborhoods where you are literally forbidden to walk in because guards will kill at the spot there.

They wanted you to grind and collect sync points and money for loot shit and pay microtransations to upgrade you dmg and hp isntead of properly balancing the game.
>>
>>334340490
>PC
Stopped reading right there; don't buy a machine meant for making spreadsheets if you want to play games
>>
File: 1459303347631.png (712 KB, 1023x505) Image search: [Google]
1459303347631.png
712 KB, 1023x505
Was Syndicate any good?
>>
File: anakinhue2.jpg (11 KB, 341x339) Image search: [Google]
anakinhue2.jpg
11 KB, 341x339
>>334345990
>>
>>334345845
> BUYING console
> to BUY Assasin's Creed games
are you for real
>>
Got it in some bundle, installed it and played it for about 30minutes and then uninstalled. For some reason the game looks really terrible, event the menus offer barely any settings. I honestly dont understand how people enjoy these games. I seriously cannot wrap my head around it. I kind of understand the appeal of mobas even, but assassins creed games? Fuck, what is wrong with people.
>>
>>334340490
>"light" attack takes over 3 seconds of animation. LIGHT attack.
I have no clue what game you're playing, but light attacks were half a second at best unless you were using two-handers which were absolute garbage because of your exact problem and it locks out your secondary attack. Now, if you were to complain about how annoyingly long it took to actually kill some enemies(Rank 5 agile hat wearers) then I'd be more in your ballpark, but the speed of attacks was not the issue unless you were literally attacking enemies with a battleaxe. It's the same speed as 3-Rogue.

>New climbing/descending controls are more hassle than they're worth
They're by far one of the better improvements of Unity, yeah, getting into the windows is a huge pain with the button to do it not always working, but it makes descending any building almost instant and relatively flashy, while ascending becomes much quicker and less painful. You also do realize that if you're attempting to vault over something you hold B while running, right? Did you somehow miss that during the very first mission as Arno where it's a bonus objective?
>>
>>334335769
>I always liked the Templars more
Fucking this.
How can people older then 18 seriously thinks that uncontrollable anarchy (because free people should control their fates unless I think they are bad guys then I kill them) and random political murders (basically terrorism) is a good things?
>>
>>334345990
Fuck, Shaun returns in Syndicate?
>>
File: 1305483538275.jpg (23 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1305483538275.jpg
23 KB, 200x200
Assassin's Creed has always been my vidya guilty pleasure. I'm aware of the bugs/how casual they are/the clusterfuck modern story/any other problems they have, but I still enjoy them. I truly hope Ubisoft takes this extra year of dev time and actually returns triumphantly or as much as an AC game possibly can in 2017 with something good, maybe even releasing bug-free for once, too.
>>
>>334347168
The Templars did their fair share of awful things. The Boston Fire was instigated by them, and then they were planning to spread smallpox to the homeless in town via blankets. The only reason it didn't work is because Connor killed the guys trying to distribute them first. Let's not forget the one guy in 1 who poisoned all his guests, the entirety of the Borgia family which was cartoonishly evil, in 4 I don't believe Torres was planning to honor the deal for amnesty and they were planning to backstab the pirates, though I could be remembering wrong, in Unity you have several members just torturing their members for fun and brutalizing the homeless(The one doctor you have to tail through the slums)

Still, for the most part the Templars have the right idea in trying to keep the peace, but mind controlling people while leaving it to the hands of a few men who themselves are corruptible seems like a really bad plan.

The Assassins do awful things under the guise of being good, just look at 3, 4, Rogue, and even 1 at times. Most of their actions destabilize everything because one man in control was a Templar, and then they never proceed to govern anything, they just leave it to rot until another Templar comes and they repeat the process.

>>334347305
Shaun was in Unity as well, he was their one hacker with that one codename while Bishop talked to you.

>>334347791
I love them for virtual tourism coupled with usually having enjoyable characters. Never pay more than $20
>>
>>334347119
> but it makes descending any building almost instant and relatively flashy
That was a cool addition, but camera swerve to show me how cool i look while i am descending was too sudden for my liking.

And overall the game is way too happy to take camera control from me. Like there is a elaborate camera rotation each time i open a chest.

> You also do realize that if you're attempting to vault over something you hold B while running
No. Arno will jump over stuff if just press run button, no A or B needed.

B is for sliding under.

>>334347791
I really like Assasin's Creed games, it just comfy to me to climb buildings and collect chests and shit.
>>
>>334347998
>Never pay more than $20
Oh yeah, definitely agreed. They're easy enough to find for ~$15 (Unity is fucking $11 now) just a few months after release.
>>
>>334348392
I grabbed Unity for $9, definitely worth my money even with the problems it still has. I just don't get paying $60 for any of these games, it's just to worth it for how samey they are and you know you'll get burned out super quick on it.
>>
>you will never have an AC Remaster Collection for PS4, fixing bugs and having stable framerates for all
>>
I liked it for the fresh perspective, but I do have a few complaints that kept me from enjoying it as much as Black Flag.

>felt a fair bit too short by comparison
>the rifle seen in trailers doesn't function at all like that in game, and is simply a reskinned blowpipe (tho the grenades are a nice addition)
>much of the world map and areas were unused in the main story and are just available to explore as an afterthought to house collectibles, it seems.
>money felt too easy to come by.
>>
>>334348834
>the rifle seen in trailers doesn't function at all like that in game, and is simply a reskinned blowpipe (tho the grenades are a nice addition)
This was what made me said. Berserk Darts are just crazy overpowered and they give them to you pretty much three missions into the game, it's crazy. River Valley was also a terrible area, and I wasn't too big of a fan of how they changed notoriety on ships, made getting out of it much more irritating.
>>
I actually been replaying them lately and I'm finding myself enjoying AC3 a lot more than most of them. Maybe it was because I took the game too seriously before and was looking for faults, but I having a good time with it now. I like the setting and weather changes.(we need another winter setting AC) I also like the SW empire strike back-like story. I love that the Assassin are portrayed wrong at time and are almost extinct.(AC1 also did this.) the other AC games just make the Templars look bad and wrong and the assassins can do no wrong. I love that everything is just about perspective. There's even a 2deep4u aspect. Like Charles Lee looking amiable and fine in Haytham's eyes, but his appearance in Connor's as a villain. I even like Connor for the most part.( he does get too daddy issue-y at times). But there are times when he's pretty badass. the story is probably the best written one in the series. I'm starting to think it's really underrated.

Also Captain Connor is sexy.
>>
>>334332769
It's what AC3 should have been.
>>
>>334348834
>felt a fair bit too short by comparison
That's because majority of content (and sync-points) was in co-op missions.

>much of the world map and areas were unused in the main story and are just available to explore as an afterthought to house collectibles, it seems.
Yep, i completed the story and never even stepped into 3 districts on main Paris map
>>
>>334348951
But WHERE IS CHARLES LEE?
>>
>>334349229
I never understood that meme. He only says it twice in the game.
>>
>>334348951
>There's even a 2deep4u aspect. Like Charles Lee looking amiable and fine in Haytham's eyes, but his appearance in Connor's as a villain
What? No, they were just being idiots. They were there to tell Connor that his village was going to be attacked and instead decided to act like dicks and push around Connor instead. Unless you want me to believe they actually did just tell him that and in Connor's mind he was threatened and attacked.

The immediate switch of personalities outside of Haytham was a terrible thing when it came to becoming Connor, you have Lee suddenly becoming this power hungry madman who threatens people he meets the instant they chat, you have Hickey just roughing Connor up compared to just being a guy who didn't really want to get involved, and you had the one guy who wanted to parlay with the Indians being all uppity. It just made no sense, especially when later on you have them acting like normal people to everyone else.

Connor was only fun when he was on the Homestead, his interactions with the villagers were great, but during the main missions he was just this deadpan, no emotion man with naive ideals following a dying man instead of thinking for himself.
>>
>>334337205
It was a rush job port. Literally a PS3/360 version with better resolution. It's missing some "next gen" features that Black Flag on PC had.

But this is Ubisoft we're talking about here so I expected as much.

>>334332769
>It doesn't anything new and killing the assassins in the Forts is a pain in the ass, but I liked Shay and I wanna see his history,

Initially it didn't bother me as much but eventually I got annoyed as fuck by assassins coming out of nowhere from time to time when I'm trying to collect some stuff. As for the game itself it's a ACIV rehash and that made it monotonous for me, the only thing interesting about the game to me was a younger Achilles and what Haytham was up to. I didn't care much for Shay and his motivations for siding with the Templars seems weak and he turned way too fast for someone trained and raised by the Assassins.
>>
>>334350045
>the only thing interesting about the game to me was a younger Achilles and what Haytham was up to.
It's a shame Achilles was completely arrogant asshole who you couldn't even converse with, and Haytham was completely out of character for most of the game. It's like they remembered he was a cold blooded killer but forgot he was a cocky and playful man outside of that and just kept him brooding and overly serious for the entirety of the game. The Adewale fight was like the only time he felt like AC3 Haytham.

>I didn't care much for Shay and his motivations for siding with the Templars seems weak and he turned way too fast for someone trained and raised by the Assassins.
Exactly this, and the way Achilles outright ignored him to the point of bringing up seniority was awful since you'd think he'd give him some minutes to tell about how his trip went, especially as an emergency. Even then, Shay had months to stew in his anger and figure out how things were going to go down and instead he rushes in shouting at Achilles about a thing he didn't know about(Which he told Shay), and then rather than sleeping on it and discussing it with his brotherhood he decides to just immediately betray them. For crying out loud, it only happened one other time and the Assassin they sent in died so they could never get any information about what happened in the first place.

The Templars who help him out were also way too nice just to get you to like them.
>>
I can't believe people actually like these games.I know one person who buys them and according to his trophies on the latest 2 he he 1 or 2 memory segment things out of about 15. I know people are absolutely fucking retarded and buy games for literally no reason as they don't play them, but how do people enjoy this franchise?
>>
>Just finished playing Rogue and was about to post a thread about it
>There's already a thread on it
Beautiful.
>>
File: AC3 Connor badass.jpg (520 KB, 881x4500) Image search: [Google]
AC3 Connor badass.jpg
520 KB, 881x4500
>>334349412
There was a 20 years difference that's plenty of time for the Haytham's and the gang to become much aggressive.
>Lee suddenly becoming this power hungry madman who threatens people he meets the instant they chat
Lee was actually like that in history. If you read up on him he was a actual piece of shit. I guess they were showing that not all men are evil. That only their time is what makes them so.
>Connor was only fun when he was on the Homestead, his interactions with the villagers were great, but during the main missions he was just this deadpan, no emotion man with naive ideals following a dying man instead of thinking for himself.

Connor thinks for himself. More than most Assassin in the series. He even tried to make a truce with the Templar using his father. He constantly doesn't listen to Achilles to do want he thinks in right and he does have his moments at times.
>>
>>334332769
It's Black Fag but with more varied setting.
>>
Better than Unity and Syndicate
>>
>>334350824
>There was a 20 years difference that's plenty of time for the Haytham's and the gang to become much aggressive.
The sudden shift just threw me off really, and they only act that way towards Connor, for the most part they act exactly like they were years ago. Look at the parlay man, he was pretty much cordial to every single person outside of the child scene with Connor. Hickey was a snake but he was a downright asshole to Connor when he was a kid, and the same applies to Lee. For the entire game Lee seemed pretty composed and polite outside of his interactions with Connor as well.

> He constantly doesn't listen to Achilles to do want he thinks in right and he does have his moments at times.
He badgers Achilles, sure, but he always follows through with his plans anyway(To kill all the Templars while reforging the Assassin Brotherhood) and thought very highly of him in the end regardless. The only real time he didn't listed to Achilles was when he tried making a truce, and the only real time Connor thought for himself was when he decided to still help Washington despite hating what he did.
>>
bumpadump
>>
File: 786070860.jpg (16 KB, 236x365) Image search: [Google]
786070860.jpg
16 KB, 236x365
Full Haytham game that takes place after AC4 and before AC3/Rogue when?
>>
>>334332769
Fun but holy shit was the story dumb. If they took the time to have a 5 minute conversation rather than freaking out on eachother, none of it would've happened.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.