[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animals have no god!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Algus.jpg (509 KB, 817x1600) Image search: [Google]
Algus.jpg
509 KB, 817x1600
Animals have no god!
>>
the rabbits in watership down worshipped el-ahrairah
>>
Delita did nothing wrong
>>
>>334328272
this
>>
>>334326464
I uh.. look like Algus, almost to a tee.
>>
>>334330731

People tell you that you have a punchable face?
>>
>>334326464
Is his torso really small or is it just me
>>
>>334326464
Just for the record, Algus is one of the GOAT FF villains.
>>
tfw I actually like war of the lions translation better and everybody prefers the original.
Come on people, the dialogue is just so much better now.
>>
>>334326464
FFT pc port when?
>>
>>334333626
i prefer war of the lions, its just more immersive
Harder for me to read since im not a native english speaker, but i have fun reading the dialogues with an old british accent.
>>
>>334333626
I like the PSP translation a lot more, but the flowery Shakespearean dialogue did get sort of over the top near the end.
>>
That doesnt even make sense
>>
>>334326464
It's funny because he has a lot in common with Delita. They just hate different people and won't compromise because they felt cornered by their hard upbringings
>>
File: algus is a dick.jpg (167 KB, 467x3032) Image search: [Google]
algus is a dick.jpg
167 KB, 467x3032
>>334338003
Maybe context will help you?
>>
>>334330731
Your head is as big as both your chest and stomach combined?
>>
>>334338046
Yeah but Algus is a cunt.
>>
>>334333626
I think in most people prefer whichever they played first. PSP is less error-filled (they managed to not mistranslate "lich" as "rich") and doesn't leave certain Japanese terms that clash with the setting transliterated, but the pseudo-Shakespearean dialogue was just trying too hard. A cleaner translation written perhaps in a more Victorian style would have probably been a better alternative.
>>
I'm so happy to see everyone referring to him as Algus and not argath
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.